Epilogue

A Spark of Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The play of light behind his eyelids was the first thing he noticed upon coming back to consciousness, and a smile formed on his lips before he even opened his eyes. Sitting up, he saw the temple around him had healed itself, the cracks and the crumbles sealing and becoming pristine once more. His body was healed as well, b with energy that was ready to be loosed. 

He was not Hoya, not any longer, and yet he was. He remembered everything that made Hoya who he was, everything that he had been and gone through, and he remembered the feelings that ran through him as he walked through his life. And yet, there was more. He also remembered being the Light, the deity that governed and kept the world safe and secure and happy, millenia upon millenia of life in his memory. He was Hoya and yet he was so much more now - he was the Light.

And he had a job to do. With a grimace on his face, he turned toward what had once been the city of light, the shining beacon of goodness and hope and healing that all could go to and find reprise. It stood like a black sore in the distance, the land diminished into unhealthy shades all around it. That would be where the Rulers were, residing in their gluttony and hatred and cruelty, and he knew that that was where he must go. They had caught him by surprise the last time, all four working together to shred his body and hide his soul within the Grey, but now he was ready for them.

He had set himself upon this task, back wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter