A day that never fades

Running away from desolation

"I've been having these thoughts lately,you know ever since Jin..... you looked away from jungkook,who visably tensed at the name you had just mentioned. He was sitting on the floor against the wall,his arm resting against one of his knees ,just across from where you were sprawled in bed, legs hanging out the side."remember the summer before our last year of highschool?" you ask,Jungkook's gaze lands on you, his eyes lighting up for a moment at what seems to now be just bitter sweet memories "Yeah",he says focusing on the far left wall of your room.Both of you where currently in your apartment, which you shared with Jungkook, your boyfriend of 3 years ,and friend since you could remember.He usually stayed over,that is whenever he wasn't out with the rest of the members creating a ruckus everywhere they went or occasionally partying it up at the old abandoned house you guys had discovered years ago on one of your so called "adventures" as Taehyung liked to call them.

You felt your face contorn as your eyebrows knight together  the events from a few months ago invading your thoughts.You continued by saying "I remember Jin wanted us to have a getaway at the beach, We had been planning it 3 months in advanced,he sounded so happy.He loved the beach."You let out a small laugh at the thought of Jin looking so happy and excited."We had the hotel booked ,we got permission from our parents with the condition that we needed to check in with them daily. Everything was going as planned,that is until Jin texted us one week before the trip saying we had to meet up,only to find out that his dad had gotten the promotion and therefore they would be moving to Paris that week ,and they'd have to stay for one year before returning back."

Your thoughts were immediatedly brought back to the day Rap MonsterSugaJ-HopeVJimin , Jungkook ,and you sat around a miserable looking Jin, at the nearest cafe.Everyone was shocked and bummed out at the fact that their friend not only wouldn't be able to attend the vacation they had planned for but was moving to Paris that same week. In the end they all had managed to assure him that it would be a great experience for him and that they would keep in contact with him.Jin promised to return the following year and to go to the beach with them all.And so they did,Jin had returned the following year having grown not only more handsome,but even speaking Italian!That summer he fulfilled his promise and they went to the beach.It was one of the most happiest weeks they shared with him.Lots of memories where created and nothing but happiness was felt by everyone.You felt your face begin to feel wet and that's when you noticed you had been silently shedding tears all along,much to jungkook's oblivious manner. "Best summer ever" Jungkook said still looking at the wall. "You know...... Sometimes I think that he's still in Paris." A heavy silence could be felt between you guys,before he continued. "In fact I sometimes convince myself that he's out there, having the time of his life."You look at him surprised "And other times it just hits me that this time he's not coming back, not because he doesn't want to,not because hes on the other side of the world,but because he isn't here anymore." You felt your heart drop knowing that Jungkook was feeling such pain.

Pain seemed to be a concuring feeling amongst the group members lately.It seemed to be that once Jin had left, everyone and everything had fallen apart.You guys rarely hung out as a group anymore and you could feel the guys starting to grow apart."Yeah it's easier to imagine him as he was.... I sometimes get scared that I'll forget what he looks like." you replied your eyes never leaving the ceiling.