Divin P1

Where There's Love
He dimly registers his doorbell ringing through a haze. He hasn’t ordered anything. It’s late at night so he isn’t expecting any visitors. Is he dreaming?
 
No. He hears it loud and clear again. This time someone has their finger against the bell continuously. The noise is hate-inducing. Groaning to himself, he gets out of bed, a mist of chill hitting him as he leaves his blanket cocoon.
 
Whoever is on the other side of the door, owes him big.
 
By the time he reaches the door, they are banging on it loudly, calling his name.
 
“Stop making such a racket,” he growls softly, before undoing the latch.
 
The door opens and he is about to stick his head out when he feels the door thrown inwards with force and someone grabbing him by the shoulders. What the hell…
 
“Woohyunnie, are you okay?”
 
The smell is too familiar. The feeling of having the body, taller than himself, close to him, is too familiar. All his senses are in overload, like it always is, in the presence of…
 
“Sunggyu hyung?” he blinks confusedly.
 
“You’re okay!” He can feel his hand caressing the back of his head. It’s a simple touch but Woohyun knows there’s more there, the way he runs his fingers through locks of his hair. His insides shiver a little.
 
“Is there a reason why I shouldn’t be?”
 
“You said you have a fever!”
 
“Oh.”
 
Woohyun is pretty awake now. He can easily extricate himself from the taller man if he wanted to but he just stays there, for a few more minutes. He has missed this.
 
Finally, he detaches himself from the older and takes a few steps backwards. Sunggyu is in his own clothes, a black hoodie and jeans, the hood drawn over his head, his face hidden by a mask.
 
“Hyung, you shouldn’t have come. I’m sick, I don’t want to get you sick. You just had a comeback…”
 
Taking the mask off, Sunggyu looks at him weirdly.
 
“What?”
 
“You think you’d say you have a high temperature and you’re alone at your flat and expect me not to worry about you?”
 
“You could’ve called.” He turns around, ushering the older into the living room. He doesn’t let the older catch the dopey smile on his face though. A part of him, a small selfish part of him, is glad he is here. “Besides, I told you, I’ve been to the hospital already.”
 
“Why didn’t you ask me to go with you?” Sunggyu makes himself comfortable on his three-seater sofa.
 
Woohyun rolls his eyes. Sunggyu is a nag, everyone knows that. When it comes to him, he’s an even bigger nag. Everyone knows that too. “Because I’m an adult.”
 
“Debatable,” Sunggyu mutters, causing Woohyun to playfully punch him on the shoulder.
 
“You look tired. Your schedule must be so hectic.”
 
“Schedule is fine, but the kids are hard work.” He knows he is referring to Sungyeol and Dongwoo, mainly Dongwoo.
 
“Do you want something? Water? Soju? Ramen?”
 
“Just sit here with me.” Without warning, the older pulls him, almost into his lap.
 
This is a side of Sunggyu he doesn’t get to see very often. Caring, sweet, mama bear type. In fact, about a few years ago, this probably would have never happened. Sunggyu would have called him up, scolded him for not looking after himself and getting sick, and then would have gotten some food and medicine delivered to his home.
 
“You really shouldn’t have come. Don’t you have schedules tomorrow. And you just finished shooting, you must be tired. Besides, you manager must be tired too, having to wait here for you…”
 
“I’ve sent him away.” Sunggyu has his arm around his shoulder, softly his chin.
 
“How’re you going to get home?”
 
He shrugs. “I guess I won’t.”
 
Moving back, Woohyun looks at him questioningly. This is very out of character for Sunggyu. He is busy, in the middle of promotions. The Kim Sunggyu he knows is a professional, with no weakness. When he wouldn’t stop staring, the older sighs.
 
“I was worried about you,” Sunggyu says, looking elsewhere. “I felt bad…I was so busy, I haven’t seen you in ages, I couldn’t even text you every day and-”
 
“Hyung, this is not your fault.”
 
“I know, I just should’ve taken care of you better.”
 
Throwing his head back, Woohyun laughs. He is really enjoying getting to know this Sunggyu, soft, needy, cute.
 
“If you take care of me any better, you’ll smother me.”
 
Sunggyu doesn’t laugh. He looks at his hands in his lap, frowning a little. “You’re always so nice to me, so sweet, and so…”
 
“Loving?”
 
He looks up, biting his lips, terror in his eyes.
 
“I love you Woohyun, you know I do. I just can’t…I don’t know I just can’t translate my words into action and-”
 
Sighing, Woohyun lies down across his lap, looking up at his make-up-less face. He looks much more handsome this way. Without make-up, he looks less like INFINITE’s leader Sunggyu, and more his Gyu.
 
“Remember, about 5 years ago, you couldn’t even tell me that you loved me? You’ve come a long way from then. And if you think about predebut, you didn’t make it a secret that you hated me.”
 
“That makes me feel even worse, I feel like I have always given less than you to this…relationship.”
 
Woohyun raises his hands to cup the leader’s cheeks.
 
“Look, if I had any complaints, I would’ve let it known. You know I don’t hold back. And I’m probably the only member who isn’t scared of you.”
 
Puffing out his cheeks, Sunggyu starts leaning forwards, towards his lips.
 
“What are you doing? I told you I’m sick! You can’t kiss me.”
 
“Stop me,” he says, but Woohyun is not in a position to stop him. Not only because he is in a vulnerable position but also because he wants this as much as him.
 
So he allows him to kiss him, slowly, gently, like he’s savouring the moment, the taste.
 
“This was a bad idea,” Sunggyu says, breaking for air. “Because now I don’t want to stop kissing you.”
 
Despite sharing the same feeling, Woohyun gets up from his lap, putting some distance between the two of them.
 
“We both have work in the morning, you should go.”
 
Sighing, the older says, “I know. I can’t wait for you to be done with army. And I’m so done with coronavirus. I just want things to go back to normal.”
 
“So that you can openly flirt with me on broadcast again?”
 
“I just want to show the fans that I love you more than they love you.”
 
“I don’t think that’s true.”
 
“You want to bet on it?”
 
Sunggyu’s eyes are completely serious and it makes him laugh, but it also makes his stomach tingle.
 
“You sleep in the guest bedroom.” Getting to his feet, he makes his way towards his own bedroom. To his annoyance, Sunggyu follows. “I said guest bedroom.” He tries to shoo the older away but he’s not having it.
 
When he wants to, Sunggyu can display amazing strength that even Woohyun with all his muscles and abs loses to. Like right now, he grabs him by the waist and almost hauls him onto the bed, lying down by him.
 
“Please, can we sleep in the same bed?”
 
Woohyun stops struggling against him. Sunggyu very rarely says please.
 
“Don’t blame me if you get sick.”
 
“Don’t blame me if you can’t sleep.”
 
Woohyun gasps but the older already has his eyes closed, a thin smile across his lips. Who does he think he is?