Bite You

Where There's Love

Sungjong was getting comfortable on the couch , going through the pictures on his phone, deciding what to post next on his instagram when he felt a sudden warmth beside him and a pair of lips dangerously close to his ear. It wasn’t everyday people could sneak up on him like, so of course it freaked him out. However, before he could scream out in surprise and also land a punch in the general direction towards the intruder, he heard a familiar voice making an absurd claim.
“If you wanted to make out that badly, you could have just told me. No need to announce it to the world.”
“What!” he exclaimed, appalled. Sunggyu was leaning against him, an arm loosely around his shoulder, the smell of his aftershave thick in the air. He had just finished his make-up and looked exceptionally handsome, desirable even but Sungjong had other important issues to address at the moment. “I don't want to make out.”

The elder raised an eyebrow and said, “What this then?” He shoved his phone towards Sungjong that showed his recent instagram post with Sungjong's comment just below it.

‘I want to bite you....’

Sungjong gaped disbelievingly. “You can tease me all the time and I can't?” he demanded. It was absurd, the conclusion the leader had come to from that harmless teasing comment.

“Of course you can. Except, ‘I want to bite you’ isn't teasing is it, it's more literal.” The smirk he was wearing stretched out his lips in self-satisfaction.
Usually Sunggyu was the one who initiated the skinship - kisses and were his kind of thing. Sungjong used this advantage – the fact that the elder seemed to need him a lot more than the other way round - to pretend that he had the upper hand in the relationship. They were both stupidly proud in their own ways but Sunggyu chose to give into urges much more easily than the maknae.
It was obvious Sunggyu was very much gloating now. Sungjong hated it. The leader got away with way too many satisfactions and he wasn’t going to give him another.

“I meant-you know...zombie biting, like … me Jjongbie and…in that way.” Sungjong was finding it difficult to explain it to him, not least because he was sitting there, smug and irresistibly handsome.

“No you did not.”

He felt he hadn’t made his case very well. With a huff Sungjong pushed the older away but Sunggyu wouldn't budge.

“Wipe that disgusting smirk off your face,” he hissed out of spite. The changing room was chaotic since everyone was trying to get their make-up and styling done at the same time. Sungjong had been lucky to be completely done up first. He had hoped to spend the rest of the green room time in peace but that was not going to be.

Most of the time Sunggyu forgave his brazenness – Sungjong was a good makane but when it was just the two of them, he recognized Sunggyu as his lover – as disgusting as it sounded – and that meant they were on the same footing. At least that was what he liked to believe but Sunggyu always found a way to screw that up. Just like now when he was claiming that Sungjong’s intention behind the innocent comment was different.

“All you have to do is ask. You know I don’t mind making out with you.”

“That’s not-” Sungjong didn’t know how to explain it. Of course he knew that.

“Don’t try to suppress it, it’s not good for you.” He could hear the laughter in his voice. Sunggyu was having fun.

“I don’t want to talk to you.”

“I know.”

Sungjong facepalmed. If he really loved the leader, why did he spend most of the time feeling so attacked by him? There was nothing to say – he had signed up to this destructive course.

“Sunggyu, we have your ear-ins,” the manager called at that moment, saving Sunggyu from the maknae’s scathing reply, that he was still working.

Getting to his feet, Sunggyu chuckled. “Good news is, you will get what you want tonight.” Then he dared to wink. Of course Sungjong wanted to shout, “I’m not one of your fangirls, I’m not going to fall for that!” but who was he kidding, he had already fallen for that, way before everyone else.