Rumour Has It

Where There's Love

“Don’t sit beside me!” Sunggyu cries, looking stricken and scooting away quickly to the end of the bench.

“Why not?” Woohyun asks, a bit surprised. Their thighs were barely touching before.

Sunggyu shakes his head. “You know there are rumours among fans that we’re dating.”


Woohyun blinks a few times, studying Sunggyu’s scandalised face carefully. It’s at times like this he wonders…


“Well, we are dating,” he says, enunciating every word. He’s not going to let the elder go easily this time.


Sunggyu groans, looking around furtively to check that no one’s heard. The other members are talking amongst themselves loudly, the managers taking a well-deserved break, and the stylists weaving their magic. No one’s in the mood to eavesdrop on their conversation.


Defeated, the elder sighs. Scooting closer to Woohyun, he replies in a hurried whisper, “Yeah, but I don’t want everyone to know that.” When Woohyun raises his eyebrows, he adds, “Not now. Not until I’m 80 and I can’t perform on stage and stuff anymore.”

It’s Woohyun turn this scoff.


“What makes you think I’ll stick around till you’re 80?”


Sunggyu’s jaw drops a bit – clearly, he hasn’t considered this.


Satisfied with his mini revenge, Woohyun pretends to whistle nonchalantly. In a minute, he hears the rustle of clothes and before he could turn around, Sunggyu’s head fills his lap. The leader of INFINITE, the entertainer, his boyfriend, is resting his head on his lap, stretched out on the bench.


Woohyun wonders if it’s the contact he wants or the comfort – maybe he’s just sleepy. He watches the elder’s shut eyes, his eyelashes fluttering prettily and curses whatever it is that makes him so attractive. At the moment, he almost forgives the leader and proceeds to run his fingers through his hair fondly.


Sunggyu’s eyes flutter open, and they meet Woohyun’s gaze directly.


“But you will right?” he asks softly, as if continuing a previous conversation.


“Will what?” Woohyun is taken aback.


“Stick around. Till I’m 80. Till forever?” There’s genuine concern in Sunggyu’s voice, concern and hopefulness, his eyes full of yearning. It’s obvious the question is a serious one. A proposal disguised as a question perhaps. After all, Sunggyu has strange ways.


Woohyun can’t help the smile that pretty much answers the question. Even then, he says, “Make me.”


There’s a reassured smile on Sunggyu’s lips blossoming like a chrysanthemum.


“Oh I will.”