Noona?

ONE SHOTS. BAEKHYUN / SEHUN / CHANYEOL. TAKING REQUESTS.

Oh I see, let me see what about want with Baekhyun when you are his brother friend and when Baekhyun meet you he have a crush on you and his brother invite you to help him to tutor him with his English or Math class for the university, but also you like Baekhyun too you find it cute and a bit shy but the only different is you are a bit older than him like 2 year but still you look young I don't know hehe something like that, because I have read a lot fanfic but you always are the younger OC so I think could be nice if you are a bit older than him Idk I'm just saying hehe just is an idea ^^

 

so, here you go! :)


 

“You done with lunch? Let’s go.” Baekbeom said across the dining table.

 

It wasn’t exactly a question to start with since it was clear to see on my plate that I had finished my food and was ready to leave. He asked that out of courtesy, only to transition lunch to leaving. I nodded at him with a smile and stood up, pushing the chair back in.

 

Baekbeom is my classmate and my first ever friend since I entered university. We became close since then and we were pretty… close. Yeah. You know, the type of friends where the whole world thinks you are more than friends but you are just friends. He has a younger brother that is 2 years younger than him and currently in his graduating year of high school, which means, he’ll be having his CSAT exam by the end of the semester.

 

Born with the genes of good language proficiency, I manage languages fairly well. More like I’ve always got the highest marks for language subjects since I started schooling but I probably shouldn’t brag. Hmm...

 

Anyways, Baekbeom told me his brother needed help with English and he thought he wouldn’t qualify as a good coach and hence, he asked if I could help, judging from how I always scored so well in my English papers even in university. I shrugged nonchalantly when he asked. “Are you gonna pay me?” was my subsequent response.

 

“My brother is one hell of a good looking boy. Better looking than I am. He has a fairly good voice too. Right, his pretty hands. I always thought you were in-”

 

“Okay, Byun Baekbeom. I got it. I’ll do it. When?” I cut him short and he gave me a smirk. “Are you free after lunch?” I thought for 3 seconds, “Do we have any classes in the afternoon?” I asked. “It’s Tuesday free day, girl. Class ends at 12!”

 

“...” I guess I was free then.

 

Well that sort of summed up how I came to be here with Baekbeom in front of the Byun residence.

 

I entered the house following after Baekbeom. Such a nice place. I thought quietly. “This way.” I heard Baekbeom called out from the stairways and I looked up before I followed him upstairs.

 

Knock knock.

 

“Hyun-ah, I’m hyung. I found a friend who could help you with English and she’s here already.”

 

Following after that was a very proper response from the other side of the wall, “Yes, brother. The door isn’t locked.” I looked at Baekbeom in shock. How in the world are they so different? Baekbeom looked at me and shrugged, “my brother is a little shy with strangers. Don’t mind him. Just be your usual bubbly self.”

 

I nodded diligently and entered the room with Baekbeom.

 

“Baekhyun, this noona will be helping you with English. If you want her to teach you maths as well, she’s pretty good in it too. Well, say hi.” Baekbeom patted his brother on his head like he was still a child. In return, the younger smiled politely and gave me a shy nod before he stood up and stretched his hand out, “Hi, noona, my name is Baekhyun. Nice to meet you,” bowing.

 

I quickly bowed back and shredded all the formality off, “just speak casually. We’re gonna be together for quite awhile. I don’t like talking too formally with people who’re almost my age.” I flashed him my casual wide grin and Baekbeom carried a chair in just in time, before he stood at the door for another 2 minutes to watch us.

 

“So, Baekhyun-ah, tell noona, which part of English is bothering you?” I asked him, flipping his English reference book. I waited for 5 seconds but I still didn’t get an answer. “Baekhyun?” I turned around to look at him and he looked up from his notebook, making an instant eye contact with me.

 

His face turned slightly pink for an instance and he quickly looked away. Are all teenagers nowadays like this? Blush whenever they meet a noona? I had an inner debate over this topic pretty hurriedly as I turned my attention back to Baekhyun. “So….? Which part are you not confident in??” I repeated myself and he finally got into some senses. “Ah, uhm, the… the sentence structure and vocab….” he answered, facing me but looking at my chin instead.

 

I tilted his chin up and he seemed so surprised by my action, in which I ignored and said what I wanted to. “Sit up straight, young man. Be confident when you talk to someone. Look them in their eyes. That’s the first rule of interviews. No matter how good your grades are, you need to pass that final round of interview to get into SKY.”

 

He stunned for a few seconds and nodded his head twice, looking down on the floor again, blushing. I ruffled his smooth hair and told him, “I’ll help you revise from average grammar all over again before we go deeper into complex sentence structure and vocabulary usage. Today, let’s start with… verbal self introduction.”

 

I started coming to his house twice a week, one on Tuesdays and one more on Saturdays. Sometimes Baekbeom would get the door but mostly it was Baekhyun alone at home. After all this while, he was still the same shy teenage boy. He took a while to get used to talking to me without any formality attached but he still hadn’t stopped blushing every time he looked at me or when we accidentally touched each other’s hands or something. I eye rolled him about 20 times then before I actually found it pretty cute.

 

This boy is something. I thought.

 

It was less than a month before CSAT and I was at the Byun’s as usual. Doing Maths with the awkward boy. He really just wasn’t meant to Math, I swear to God. I liked him better when he played the piano more than that when he did Math. He suited the piano so much more. Sigh. Why was he even fighting for a spot to be in SKY anyways, turning into another one of those lifeless nerds like there wasn’t enough of them already. Well, it’s really a waste to not have him perform on the same stage as Yiruma.

 

I lost myself in my deep thoughts and I hadn’t even realised until I heard 27. May being played so flawlessly on the upright piano. I turned around, only to find the thin figure swaying to the rhythm of the song, eyes closed the whole time, hands absorbing the vibrations of the rhythm, moving swiftly along the keyboard.

 

I subconsciously just stared at him and got taken away, totally mesmerized by the view in front of me. As he finished the piece, he let out a sigh of relief before he noticed the burning stare from my direction. He blushed and kept his music sheets, putting down the piano cover. “I’m done resting. We can continue now.”

 

Uhm, I didn’t even hear him asking for rest… I admitted it and was guilty as charged in my head. “Okay, so, have you understood how this derivation was obtained from the function above?”


An hour past.

 

“Noona, I forgot how to integrate using partial fraction. Can you teach me again?” I watched as he tried to solve a u-substitution question, asking me how it could be solved using a partial fraction method. I narrowed my eyes at him, “boy, are you sure we’re using partial fraction in this question?”

 

“Ah? Isn’t it? It looks very complicated!” he answered back.

 

“You can use separation method to take it out and solve using u-substitution, see, take the x out from the equation, correct. Yes. Smart boy.” I commentated on his actions, eyes still glancing through all the steps making sure he made no mistake.

 

“I got it!” he said very excitedly, looking up from his notebook, not knowing how close I was beside him trying to read his solution.

 

Our faces were just merely a few centimeters apart and time stopped.

 

What a beautiful child with such gorgeous features and perfect skin. Look at those glittering eyes with long lashes and that clean face with no extra hair to even be seen. Those slightly curled up lips that are always so healthily pinkish and that tiny mole on the right side of his lips.

 

I couldn’t remember how long we stared at each other like this until he broke off the eye contact and looked somewhere else, rubbing his neck to hide his embarrassment.

 

“Baekhyun-ah, why don’t you take up music instead?” I asked.

 

“Can I?” he returned the question to me.

 

Very much ridiculed by his response, I questioned him back, “why not?”

 

“I… I don’t know. Dad and mom said it wouldn’t be a good choice…” his voice faded off somewhere there. “Isn’t it something you love? To play the piano and to sing.”

 

“Hyun-ah, sometimes, we have to follow our heart. There’s no point forcing yourself into something you don’t like at all. You wouldn’t be passionate about it, what more about doing it with all dedication? You wouldn’t even be able to manage it well. It’s okay to not follow the rules, once in awhile.”

 

“Noona, if I manage to enter K-Arts, are you going to come and listen to me play in the performing hall one day?”

 

“Of course. If you need to know one thing noona likes the most about you, is your music and how you play the piano.” I smiled warmly, answering his question.

 

“Noona, do you like the song I played just now?” he asked.

 

“Which one? 27. May?” I saw Baekhyun nodded.

 

“Yes I do. I love every single piece you played.”

 

“Noona, do you know the meaning of the song?” I shrugged at the question.

 

“Yiruma and Son Hye Im got married on  the 27th of May 2007. That was a piece he dedicated to her,” he paused for awhile and he continued, “I.. I played it today, because it’s the 27th of October and… (insert your name)-ah, can I call you that??”

 

I, uhm, I don’t know what was happening at all. All I remembered to do, was to stare at Baekhyun. I sort of knew what….

 

“I like you.” and he said it.

 

“Noona, I like you. No. (your name)-ah, I like you. I really do…”

 

That was the most that he said, in one shot, after knowing him for almost 2 months. I wouldn’t deny the fact that I was taken aback and that I was feeling fairly happy.

 

“Since I first saw you, I never thought of you as a noona. I would have thought you were younger than me if hyung didn’t say you’re a noona.”

 

I let him say all that he wanted to, only keeping a smile on my face. After he was done, I finally got the chance to speak.

 

“Baekhyun-ah, aren’t you curious of what I think of you before you start telling me all the things?” I laughed softly. I could see how nervous he was, fidgeting his fingers, writhing his hands. I took his hand into mine, holding it tightly.

 

“You’re such a beautiful boy. It would have been crazy to tell people about it, even to myself, to be honest. Before this, I always thought I was just mad, to think of you like that, but... would you like to be my boyfriend?” the smile on my face grew wider.

 

The boy who held back for 2 months finally broke free as he pulled my hand so hard that I had to lean towards him, falling into the sweet green tea shampoo smell, closing my eyes as he planted a kiss on my lips. So gently, so carefully.