Beguile

Transcendence

Beguile

Kurosaki doesn’t like her that way, it was a known fact. He didn’t like anything but his darn cat and his little‘bang’ gesture. 

She tells him about the ticketssomething Yuuko had given her randomly as a gift—a free dinner for couples only at the Katsura restaurant.

With a frown, Tsurara gazed back and forth between the thin man and the steaming ramen bowl in his hands and scolds him, “It’s really unhealthy for you if you just keep eating instant noodles and the sort everyday.”

Kurosaki rolls his eyes and shoves a large quantity of noodles into his mouth with his chopsticks, replying irritably in between slurps, “Why the hell are you asking me for? I told you, I don’t need your cheap sympathy.”

“But don’t you want to eat something different for a change? I hear they make the best Italian pasta and—”

“I think hell would freeze over if I ever agreed to go anywhere with you. Go find someone else to be your date…” And with that, Kurosaki quickly slammed the door shut right in front of her face before she could even say another word.

Tsurara wails out his name and bangs her fists loudly against his door but receives no reply. Sighing dejectedly, she folds her arms and trudges back to her apartment with a pout plastered on her face, “What an ungrateful little basta—”

Suddenly, her phone rings and she whips the device out, muttering incoherent curses meant for Kurosaki under her breath. As soon as Tsurara made out the name that blinked across the small screen, her glum expression shifted into a rather ecstatic one.

Grinning, she skipped down the stairs, squealing out the caller’s name in excitement.

“Akira-kun!”

+++

It was absurd really, to be there at the restaurant, glaring at the couple from a few tables down and drinking glasses of wine, one after another. He grumbles and taps his fingers across the surface in annoyance as Tsurara’s angelic giggles softly echo in the background at Akira’s jokes.

Kurosaki could have gone straight home, right after receiving the new information for his next job, but somehow, the sight of the poor, annoying university student in an almost short, y, expensive looking midnight jade colored dress caught his full attention.

“Wow.”

Her little charming looking form was enough to drive Kurosaki to meet Kon-Kon face to face and give him the complicated ‘Stay away from my girl’ lecture, with a few possessive needs in between.

“She looks beautiful tonight, doesn’t she?” Hayase comments as she pours him another glass of wine.

He sways to the side and narrows his eyes, “Beautiful? Hell no.” Here he hiccups in place and knocks over a fork, “Wh-wh-what does that soymilk loving weirdo see in Yoshida? I swear he could do better…”

“Kurosaki…I think you had enough for today, why don’t you go home?”

“Not until I get my revenge…”

Hayase quirks an eyebrow and sighs tiredly, “When will you ever accept your feelings for her? Why don’t you settle down with her, have children, and try to live a nice life?”

“EH? What was that?” He shouts, placing his hand behind his ear, “I think I’d rather shoot myself.”

She doesn’t comment on that and instead, picks up the round tray, bids farewell and quietly walks away.

Kurosaki abruptly jumps from his seat at the blurred sight before him. Feeling a little angry and nauseous at the same time, he stumbles out of the restaurant.

+++

While casually brushing his hands across his cat’s fur, Kurosaki obnoxiously snorts out loud when Tsurara returns fro her date, skipping up the stairs holding a stuffed pig in a school uniform.

Kurosaki stares at her for several seconds before questioning her with hiccups in between, “Did you have a lovely time with your boyfriend?”

Huffing, Tsurara ignores him and stomps her way to her apartment, making sure to swing her purse at him in the process, “That’s between Akira-kun and me.”

Kurosaki glares at her and tugs at the bottom of her dress, “And tell me, how the hell did you get the money to buy this hideous dress? You can’t even afford the rent here for crying out loud!”

“Let go! This is Yukari’s! She let me burrow it!” 

“Ah, no wonder. It suits you though, the dress.” Kurosaki tells her while analyzing her body from top to bottom. 

“You really think so?” She beams, a little excited that he finally complimented her for once while fixing the folds of Yukari’s outfit.

“Well yeah, with you being hideous and all, it totally matches.”

Tsurara frowns and swings her purse at him again. Kurosaki dodges it but stumbles forward from being a little tipsy and takes hold of her shoulders for support, 

“Oi! Watch where you’re swinging that!”

Tripping over her stilettos, Tsurara squeaks at the impact of Kurosaki’s body ramming against hers. When her back collided against the wall, a rip echoes and she shrieks in apprehension, “Oh my god, Yukari’s going to kill me!”

Kurosaki sighs dreamily and grabs her chin, “You kissed him, didn’t you?”

“Eh? What are you talking about?”

“Did you kiss him?” He says again, this time with a higher tone.

Tsurara notices the slight flush on his face and narrows her eyes, “Kurosaki-kun, have you been drink—”

Kurosaki half giggles, half shushes her at the same time while placing his index finger over as he closed the gap between them, “Shhh…The others will hear us…”

She blinks rapidly and blushes, “Eh…? Kurosaki-kun, are you sure you’re alright?”

At that moment, his lips barely brushed against hers, but the smell of her strong perfume causes him to back away before anything else could happen between them. 

Quirking an eyebrow, Tsurara watched Kurosaki bend over the railing to vomit.

Sighing, she picks up her purse and stuffed pig and leaves, “Baka.”

—OWARI—