001

Love Him Like I Do (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is crazy. This is hella crazy. She shouldn’t be here and acting like a professional spy. Wait, not a spy. Stalker… Stalker is the right word. She glanced up at the clock on the wall. 3.30PM. Three hours had passed and it seems that the target is still not moving from his seat. Maybe he wanted to read all the books in this library.

 

*

“Hyo Eun-ah, I think I’m falling in love.”

“Okay.”

Ming Gyu looked at Hyo Eun munching her sandwich without any reaction. “Okay? That’s all?”

“Then…? You want me to say anything else?”

Wide smile on Ming Gyu’s face turned to a small pout. Sulk. His best friend showed no reaction as he expected. Not even a little ‘yey!’.  He took a bite of his food. It’s lunchtime, and they’re at their university café, having their lunch. “Do you know how hard I want to tell you about this and you just replied me with ‘okay’?”

Hyo Eun glanced at sulky Min Gyu and calmly sipped her ice tea. “Since when do you feel hard to talk to me? And…this is not the first time you said you fell in love.” She smirked. “I still remember when you said you fell in love with…Ji…”

“Don’t you dare say his name or…-“

“Hoon.”

“Yah!”

“Ji Hoon.”

PAP!

“Ouhh! Why you hit me?” Hyo Eun rubbed her forehead. Ming Gyu just attacked her with a spoon. “Okay, I’m sorry.” She said finally. “You told me you fell in love…so…who’s that unlucky person?”

“ehem...” Ming Gyu slowly grabbed his spoon.

“Sorry. I mean…who’s that lucky person?”

Ming Gyu smiled brightly, almost blinding his friend with his white teeth. “Him...” He gave her his phone. “His name is Jeon Won Woo.”

*

Jeon Won Woo. Hyo Eun eyed him curiously as he flipped the page of the book. Ming Gyu likes him. He likes him. So…what’s wrong with that? Everything could be wrong when Ming Gyu falls in love. Why? Putting her elbows on the table, she leaned her head into her hands.

Min Gyu is an idiot especially when it comes to heart or relationship stuff. He always fell in love with the wrong guy and everything didn’t turned quite well when he in a relationship. Hyo Eun still remembers what happened when they were in high school.

Ming Gyu met him at the school music festival and was instantly attracted to him. He definitely attracted to him physically and his voice (he is the best singer in their school), but it was his personality that make Ming Gyu long to know him. Ming Gyu told Hyo Eun that he had a crush on him and she gave him two choices. Go speak with him or, she would embarrass him and he chose the first option. Ming Gyu approached him and they became friends. Hyo Eun smiled and shook her head slowly as she remembered her childish behaviour. That person stole her best friend! She sulked and refused to talk to him because he always spent his time with him. Her jealousy vanished when she saw his happy smile.

“Hyo Eun-ah! He likes guys too!”

A few months later, Ming Gyu finally took a chance and revealed that he had romantic feeling for him and they made decision to start dating. Everything was great until it wasn’t, and they broke up. Hyo Eun sighed and closed her eyes. It still hurt. He’s a liar and a cheat.

Min Gyu saw him with another girl. He didn’t want to make any assumptions and he nicely asked for his explanation. He didn’t answer him and ignored him. Finally they met and he tells Ming Gyu that he has someone he likes. The most painful moment when he told him he didn’t have any feeling towards him.

“Yah! Kim Min Gyu! What happens to you? Kim Min Gyu! Don’t scare me! Ming Gyu!”

On that night in front of her house, Min Gyu just sat there, sobbing uncontrollably in the heavy rain. Without a word, Hyo Eun slowly pulled him into her embrace. “Let it all out and everything will be okay.” She patted his back. It’s broke her heart to see him like this, but she don’t know what to do. Ever since that day she promised to protect him from getting hurt.

 

 

-000-

 

 

“Sunbae-nim?” Seung Kwan placed his books on the table. “Hyo Eun sunbae?” He wondered why she slept here, in the library. “Sunbae-nim!” He shook her awake, “Hyo Eun sunbae!”

Hyo Eun mumbled some sort of language, Seung Kwan pretty sure it was Korean in gibberish. She peeked at him through her arm, “What?”

“It’s nearly 7 pm and I think you should continue your sleep at home.” Seung Kwan motioned at the clock on the wall. Hyo Eun squint her eyes.

“um?” Hyo Eun, in her still half-asleep state, was really confused for about 15 seconds before she started to realize everything weren’t part of her dream. She gasped and quickly stood up. She shifted her gaze to Won Woo’s seat. He’s not there. “aishhh…” Hyo Eun sighed.

“Sunbae-nim, are you okay?”

“Uh? I’m…I’m okay. I should go…-” Hyo Eun stopped and turned to Seung Kwan. Boo Seung Kwan, her junior. He knew all the people in the school. Say a name and Seung Kwan would tell you a full description of that’s person. Maybe Seung Kwan knew Won Woo. I should I ask him about that Wonton guy and I don’t have to waste my time following him. Hyo Eun thought.

“urmm…do you know Won Woo?”

“Won Woo?” Seung Kwan rubbed his chin with his finger. “Jeon Won Woo from Businessue Department? There’s only one person with that name in this university.”

“Do you know him?” Hyo Eun asked. “I mean…do you know him well? What kind of person he is?”

Seung Kwan pouted. “I only know his name. Everything about him is so mystery. I should work hard next time and get his SNS ID or maybe his parent address. Just wait and see!” He fist pumped. “Oh right…why you do ask about him? Are you…?” Seung Kwan wiggled his brow and smiled teasingly.

Hyo Eun coughed. Danger…danger…I repeated danger. She cleared . “I’m urm…I’m just…ah…right! We have to work together for our final project.”

“Final project…?” Seung Kwan asked suspiciously, sounding like a reporter from gossip magazines. “You’re both from different departments.”

Hyo Eun gulped. He’s right. We are from different department. They have no classes together. Danger…danger…I repeated danger. “Communication Class. It is one of the compulsory subjects, right?”

Seung Kwan nodded. “All the students must take the subject and I have to take it in the next semester.”

“We both need to take Communication Class in this semester and our lecturers have agreed to combine classes for the final

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter