In our heart.

A Christmas Confession.

The alarm rang. She reluctantly opened her eyes and got up. She dragged her feet to the toilet and bathe. Coming out from the shower, she wrapped herself in a large towel and opened her cabinet. She took out a pair of dark blue skinny jeans and a long-sleeve baby pink sweatshirt. She changed into them and wore a pair of dark brown boots with alittle heel. After changing, she went downstairs to have her breakfast.

'Oh Eunji ah! You're awake!', the housekeeper ahjumma called out to Eunji. Eunji gave her a wide smile and thanked the ahjumma as she placed Eunji's breakfast on the table for her. 'Eunji ah. You're going to the day-pub to sing again?', the ahjumma asked. 'Yeah. Why ahjumma?', Eunji asked, with filled with toast. 'Ah...nothing..just that..your parents are rich..they want to bring you overseas to live with them but you refuse.. Why do you still want to go and work? Many girls your age would rather go out all day with their friends..', the ahjumma said. Eunji put down her toast and looked at the ahjumma. 'Because I love singing! Singing is a way for me to unleash endorphins that make me happy..', Eunji said. The ahjumma looked at Eunji and thought, 'This girl really is special..'.

Eunji finished her breakfast and quickly slipped into her light grey coat. After putting a white beanie on her head, she made her way out of the house. She walked to the bus stop. Eunji could easily hire a chauffeur but she didn't want. She wants to be independent.

On the bus, Eunji's phone rang. 'Oh Chorong ah!', Eunji answered the phone. 

Chorong: Eunji ah let's meet up with the other girls at night later at the Funkybeats club, how about that?!

Eunji: Oh...hmm..

Chorong: Come on! It's been such a long time since we've actually had fun together and its Christmas eve..

Eunji: Hmm..Okay!! I'll meet you guys slightly later okay? I've work till 9!

Chorong: Okay! See you!

Eunji: Seeyou!

They put down the phone. Eunji's parents moved to America for about 2 years already. Eunji didn't have any relatives here but she was glad that she found 6 wonderful friends.

Making her way to the pub, Eunji thought to herself, 'Will he be there later..to hear me sing?' . As always, Eunji's heart always pound very fast everytime she makes her way to the pub. Before stepping in, she made sure that her hair and attire were all in place. She slowly opened the door to the pub and as always, her eyes wandered around to search for his familiar figure. Her eyes stopped searching. She found him.

He was sitting at a far end corner of the pub. Everyday, he would order a cup of fresh expresso and stay there for hours. Sometimes he came in later than Eunji, sometimes he came in earlier than Eunji. But regardless whether rain or shine, he would be there. All these, Eunji took note and noticed. His every little actions always fails to escape from Eunji's observation.

Eunji got up the stage and bowed to all of the guests. Normally, the guests would just listen and enjoy her singing while doing their own things. The reason why Hoya caught Eunji's attention was because, everytime she began singing, he would just stop everything he was doing and listen to her attentively. Eunji was extremely thankful to Hoya for the attention he gave her. Day by day, that feeling of gratitude, slowly evolved into something else.

Eunji began singing. She sang 'I miss you' by Kim Bum Soo. With her influential voice and the feelings she injected into her voice, the song turned out to be a quality treat for the ears. Hoya looked at Eunji with affection. He couldn't believe to have actually found someone with such an angellic voice. He was a master in dancing. Everyone in his school knows that he could dance very well. But, no one knew about his passion for singing. Looking at Eunji, Hoya could feel the love she had for singing.

He really wanted to go forward and get to know her better but something is always holding him back. He was afraid of rejection. He was afraid that she would be different from whoever he thought she was. However, today was different. He was determined to take that first step. He couldn't stand just watching her from far anymore. He have to know her.

Eunji left the stage after singing and made her way to the backstage when she saw Hoya walking in her direction. Eunji  flustered as she saw the shy smile he gave her. Eunji was smiled back shyly. As he was approaching, the pub's manager dragged Eunji away. Hoya stood there dumbfounded while Eunji was extremely disappointed. 'Just abit more..', Eunji thought to herself. 

At night, Eunji met up with her 6 friends, Chorong, Bomi, Naeun, Yookyung, Namjoo and Hayoung. 'Oh Eunji ah!', Bomi shouted to Eunji as she saw her enter the club.Eunji waved at them and hurried to them. 'So how's work?', Naeun asked, while sipping her vodka. 'It's okay! Since I love singing..I don't treat it as work! hehe', Eunji said. 'Omo, look at that guy there! His dance moves are so smooth~!', Namjoo exclaimed. Eunji turned to the direction Namjoo pointed and dropped open. It was Hoya.

Hoya was practically owning the entire dance floor. Eunji looked at him with amazement. She never thought that the quiet guy she always see in the pub, actually had a side of him which is so powerful. 'Come let's go dance too!', Yookyung said and dragged the girls to the dance floor. However, when the girls reached the dance floor, Hoya was no longer there.

'Hyung! You're owning the dance floor as usual..', Sungyeol said when Hoya came to sit beside his friends. 'What do you expect? It's our dancing king Lee Hoya!', Sunggyu exclaimed. 'There are pretty girls today!', Dongwoo said as he pointed to Eunji and the girls at the dance floor. Just like Eunji, Hoya turned and saw Eunji. 'It's her..?!', Hoya exclaimed softly. 'Hyung you know one of them?', Myungsoo asked. 'Oh..not really..', Hoya said, as he continued gazing at Eunji.

Eunji was tired from dancing and went back to their table first. Hoya looked at Eunji and mustered up his courage to go over to her. 'Hi.', Hoya said nervously. Eunji looked up from her drink and almost choked when she saw Hoya. 'oh..er..hi!', Eunji said with a huge smile on her face. 'Oh take a seat!', Eunji said as she signalled Hoya to sit down. For the first time, they finally had a conversation of their own.

'I go to the pub you work at everyday..', Hoya said. 'I know..I see you everyday too.', Eunji replied shyly. 'Oh? You noticed me?', Hoya asked. 'I..err..yeah..', Eunji replied. They looked at each other and gave awkward and shy smiles. 'I'm Hoya by the way!', Hoya introduced himself. 'I'm Eunji.', Eunji said and gave him her eye-smile. Then, the girls came back and saw Eunji with Hoya. The girls smirked at Eunji and said, 'You took action faster than us ah, Eunji baby!' 'What action?! Don't spout nonsense!', Eunji clarified quickly. Hoya smiled at them and introduced himself. The girls introduced themselves too. 

At the guys' side, the guys were chatting. 'Yah what is taking Hoya so long?', Woohyun asked. They then looked around and saw Hoya with the girls. 'Tsk tsk tsk. That guy. Shouldn't he at least introduce the girls to us?', Dongwoo said. 'Let's go over!', Sunggyu said and the guys made their way to them.

 

PS:

Omg I actually wanted to make it a one-shot but there are too many details to be put in! So I think there'll be another chapter! It'll be the finale! I'll do the finale tomorrow okay? I hope this had been good so far!

Enjoy your Christmas and Holidays! <3 

Thanks for reading! ^^