Beginning or End

Debut; The End of My Story

I went to sit across the far side of the room. I set my bag down and sat next to it, proping my back against the wall. The boys started doing various stretches, breaking off into groups of three to help each other. I watched on, wishing there were some way I could offer some help. Just as I was zoning out, the dance instructor burst through the door. The boys turned and bowed, each greeting him politely. 
    He looked over to me, smiled and waved. It wasnt too bazaar to see me there, after all. I was glad that he didnt question me though. Today felt different from those other days. I waved back and dipped my head a bit. I wondered if maybe I should have stood and bowed like the others. I still wasnt very good at all the customs here. The instructor didnt seem bothered, so I let it leave my mind. He turned to the boys and clapped his hands, a signal that they would be starting the real moves soon. 
    The instructor was really good at his job. He's been working with the boys, and the company, for a while. He gave a lot of credit to the boys natural talent, but I know they wouldnt do as well without his kind teachings. Even when it seemed he was being brutal on them, I knew he was pushing them to do what they were already capable of. Even if the boys didnt know it themselves. 
    The choreography was broken into a set of moves. Each move would be practiced a dozen times til everyone had it right. One person messing up could mean the others repeating it with them for what feels like forever. I grow tired sometimes, watching them, but more often I feel myself wanting to join in. I mean, maybe if they saw how badly I danced, it would make them feel better. 
    It wasnt long before the boys were drenched in sweat and the mirror had become fogged. The instructors word 'again' was melded into my brain. It felt as though the practice would never end. They had had several breaks, but never longer than five or ten minutes, and not a word to me. That was normal though. Every second of that break was spent fanning themselves and chugging water. I was starting to get thirsty myself.
    I was glad I had stayed though. I loved watching the boys improve in front of my eyes. The small struggles, when someone couldnt quite get the move and they get frustrated. The way everyone comes together to help them and each other. Each move getting faster and more precise, and finally putting the dance altogether. I really liked the sound of the track. I thought it was good enough to debut with, but I doubted it would be their debut song. I was sure it would be the winning song though. 
    Finally, after a few hours, practice was over. The instructor called it good and the boys all celebrated by collapsing into heaps on the floor. I laughed, grabbing various water bottles. They had created a dog pile in the center of the room. Somewhere in the mess, I could hear Hwiyoung and Chani complaining about everyone's smell. 
"I have water." I cooed, attempting to save the youngests from their demise.
The boys sprung up immediately, snatching the bottles from my hands. 
"Can you get me dinner too?" Rowoon teased, winking at me. 
"Very funny." I smiled. "Aren't you too tired to be teasing me?"
"They're never too tired for things like that." Juho laughed. 
Jaeyoon and Inseong swung their arms over my shoulders. "So?" Jaeyoon asked. "How did we do?" 
I threw their sweaty arms off of me. "Guys!" I complained, whiping my arms. "Uhg... You did great, you guys are always great. What do I always tell you?"
"That we're going to win!" Chani called. 
I nodded. 
"Do you really believe that?" Inseong asked. "I mean, have you heard the band?"
"Yeah, and theyre good, but I think you guys are just a little bit better."
Taeyang scoffed. "Just a little bit?!"
Eveyone laughed, but I could tell their energy was drained. Each boy started to sit down on the floor, some even laying down, sprawled out. Youngbin walked over to me. 
"Thanks for coming, like always." He lowered his voice. "Everyone really appreciates it, and so do I, I guess." 
"Its no problem, I want to spend lots of time with you guys. I dont know how often Ill see you after you debut." I sighed.
Youngbin's expression turned soft, a sad glint crossing his eyes. "So you're worried about things like that, huh? I guess I hadnt really thought about it. Youre always just here, it would be weird to be going on around places where you wouldnt be.."
He patted my head. "This is our company though. No matter how far we go, we'll always come back here, and you'll always be here waiting, right?"
I looked down at my shoes, trying my best not to tear up in front of the boys. "Yeah, Ill be waiting."
He let out some nervous laughter. "Hey, dont get down. I tell you what, if we do win and we will end up debuting, then all of us will do something with you before that times comes."
"Oh yeah? Wont you be too popular and too noticable?" 
"Ah, we might break into groups. Might call a little attention if its all nine of us I guess. Heh"
    That sounded nice. Some quality time with them all seperately. It wasnt often I saw any of them on their own besides Jaeyoon and Inseong, who made it their business to know my business, especially Jaeyoon. 
"I would really like that. As long as the others are okay with it."
    The other boys were always kind and acted as though my presence was no issue, but sometimes I wondered if some of them dealt with me just because others liked me. I would hate to think that was actually the case, but the thought crossed my mind several times. Not everyone could enjoy my company that much. 
"Im sure everyone would enjoy it. It can give us a break too." Youngbin smiled. "Its just time with friends, thats always fun."
I looked up into his bright gaze. "Yeah, okay. Then its a deal. You guys win, then you'll all have to take me out. Ill also take it as a reward for being right." I laughed. 
He messed up my hair. "Hey, you know you can be a real brat?!"
I squealed and ran away across the room, grabbing my bag and running for the door. 
"The end of the week! Practice hard! Win! Take me out!" I shouted, making my way out of the building, leaving a trail of laughter behind me.