A Nervous Start

Debut; The End of My Story

 

    I waited at the front of the FNC building as patiently as I could. My feet tapped the ground and my fingers grabbed at anything from my bag, to my shirt, to my hair. I was nervous and excited. I wanted to burst through the doors of the company so badly, but I held back. Usually it wasnt an issue entering. I was a foreigner and I didnt have any actual business there, yes, but I was friends with a lot of boys there and they always made a fuss if I didnt come see them, so the CEO allowed it. If Im ever caught, im suppose to say Im one of the boys cousins, but like anyone would actually believe that.
    Today was different, though, because the boys were having a meeting. I wasnt told to wait outside, I just knew better, but not knowing what was going on was killing me. I didnt know what it was about, but it was likely something about their debut. Were they ready for debut? Was I ready for their debut? If they did debut, they wouldnt have time for an odd girl like me anymore, I thought. I leaned my body against the building, sliding down it to my feet. Sighing a bit as I looked around. This place wasnt the same without them, I dont know if I could manage by myself.
    Just as I was slipping into my sad fantasy of being all alone, I heard a familiar deep tone above me.
"Hey, are you alright? Did you wait out here all day?" A tall figure asked.
I looked up and stared into the bright smile of Rowoon. He laughed cheerfully. 
"I thought I heard someone fall, was that you? What are you doing?"
"I was waiting on you guys. Is your meeting over?"
"Oh, that? Yeah, its over. The others headed back up to the practice room, we're all talking. You can come too, im sure no one will mind."
    I nodded and Rowoon gave me a hand up. We made our way up to the practice room. Rowoon burst through the doors. 
"Guess who I found waiting outside?"
    Everyones eyes connected to me and I laughed. Jaeyoon and Inseong ran up to me and grabbed me into a hug. They were both closest to me, since I had met them first. It was when I had first moved out here. I barely knew any Korean and and Inseong and Jaeyoon both spoke English. Through both of them offering to teach me, we just automatically became close. Through them, I met the rest of the boys. Thats what I mean when I said I wasnt sure I could survive without them. They were my everything, and they were also starting to suffocate me. 
"Inseong. Jaeyoon. I..cant...breathe.." I squeaked. 
They both laughed and hugged me tighter. 
Juho called from accross the room, "Are you trying to kill her?"
Dawon walked over, shaking all of us. "Hey, make room for me! Why dont you guys love me this much?"
Jaeyoon reached out and pushed back Dawon playfully. "You're not a pretty girl." He joked.
Dawon made a pouting face, but it wasnt winning anyone over. 
    I finally broke free from their hold and straightened my clothes. I looked around making sure all nine boys were there. Rowoon, Inseong, Jaeyoon, Juho, Dawon, Hwiyoung, Taeyang, Chani and Youngbin, all accounted for. None of them looked particularly upset, which had me sighing in relief. The meeting must have been something good then. 
"So..?" I said, waving my hands and looking in all directions.
"So...what?" Chani said, immitating my movements. 
I shot him a dirty look. "Well, didnt you guys have a meeting?"
"Oh, yeah, its about the last episode of Dance versus Band." Youngbin called from a corner of the room. He stood up and walked over to me. "It was just about music and scheduling, thats all."
    Right, I thought, the show. Dance vs Band had been going on for a while, and I had to meld into the background in order not to be noticed by the growing fan base. The show was fun but also stressful for the boys. Though, I had no doubt in my mind they would win. I did feel bad for the band team though. I didnt know any of them personally, but no one really deserved NOT to debut. 
"So you're recording new song and learning new choreography today?"
"Yeah, basically what is is." Youngbin said. He pushed back his hair, looking in the mirror. Since he was the leader, he was probably the most stressed. 
I tapped him on the shoulder. "You know you guys got this, right?" I stared at his face through the mirror.
He smiled back. "Somehow, when you say it, I believe it."
"Thats because she knows all!" Dawon said in a creepy voice. "She's like, a witch or something!"
Taeyang walked over and swatted Dawon across the head. "Dont call her a witch."
I laughed. "Its alright." I was more than use to Dawon's antics by now. I turned back to the others. "Maybe I should go then if you need to practice?"
"Whaaaaa?" Dawon whined. "But you just got here!"
Jayoon and Inseong both shoved Dawon. Jaeyoon smiled at me. "Really, I dont think its a problem unless youre recording us." 
Inseong looked at Youngbin, "Do you mind?"
Youngbin shook his head. "No, shes a good one." He patted my head. Somehow, it felt like he was making fun of me. He turned around to look at the others. "No one else minds, right?"
Everyone shook their heads. 
"Maybe we should confinscate her phone to be safe." Said Dawon, excitedly. 
Eveyone ignored him.