Final

Bite to Break Skin

Hongbin shouldn't be here and the worst part is that he knows it. He ing knows. It's been imprinted onto him ever since he was old enough to understand words and the concept of fear that people like him should stay away from places like this, yet here he is, after nightfall, driving down dark roads. At least he's in a car, he catches himself thinking, which is honestly laughable. He knows full well that if it came down to it, if it really came down to it, a car wouldn't be of much help.

The motel Hongbin pulls into most likely hasn't seen a good day in decades. He parks as close to his final destination as he can possibly get and makes sure to pat himself down to feel for his weapons – the dual pistols sitting snugly in their holsters at his sides, covered by his jacket – before he steps out of the car. Room 206. He confirms it once more by looking at the messy scrawl on the crumbled piece of paper in his hand. There are muffled noises coming from other rooms as he passes by them, groans and screams and sobbing and items being thrown, and every instinct within him calls for him to step in whenever he hears the sound of another scuffle happening, but he doesn't. Not in this place. Not when he's here by himself. He blocks out the noises to the best of his ability and heads up the stairs to the second floor.

Hongbin's hand feels stiff and shaky as he raises it to knock on the door, and he can't help but throw cautious glances around himself as he waits impatiently. It seems to take an eternity. Then the door creaks open just a smidgen and someone appears in the crack, nothing but a pair of eyes under silver blond bangs against the darkness of the room behind him. “Yes~?”

Are you Cha Hakyeon?” Hongbin asks.

The person gives Hongbin a critical onceover, then opens the door fully. “Oh, I remember you,” he purrs. He leans against the doorframe with his arms crossed over his chest. Hongbin keeps his eyes on Hakyeon's face only and does not let them wander down the length of his slim body, clad in all black. “Are you here to arrest me? Again?” He sounds amused more than anything.

That's not my field,” Hongbin says, which makes Hakyeon scoff, his teeth flashing dangerously in the sparse lighting. Hongbin swallows. “How much for a night?”

Hakyeon's smirk falters. “You should know better than anyone that I don't take money as payment.” His eyes are dark as he regards Hongbin, as if trying to determine whether or not he's genuine in his request. Just as Hakyeon opens his mouth to speak again, a door to one of the rooms above them is slammed open, and they both look upwards as someone sprints down the hallway. Moments later, another set of footfalls follow. Something fast and heavy. “We should continue this conversation inside,” Hakyeon says, grabbing Hongbin by the arm and pulling him into the room.

It's nicer in here than Hongbin had expected of a place like this. Cozy, almost, albeit slightly tacky. Hakyeon turns on the ceiling lamp, which flickers to life and bathes them in a dim, orange-yellow glow. Then he walks over to the mini fridge in the other end of the room. The fluid grace with which he moves is another harsh reminder for Hongbin that this is all a Very Bad Idea. “No thanks,” he mutters to Hakyeon's offer of something to drink, and as Hakyeon pushes the fridge door shut, Hongbin catches a glimpse of bottles containing liquids that are most definitely not just water.

Hongbin follows with his eyes as Hakyeon moves to sit down on the bed, one slim leg crossing over the other. There's a lazy kind of casual about him. Hongbin knows better than to be fooled by that. He recognizes it as the slow slink of a predator sizing up its prey. “Why did a pretty little thing like you come to a ty place like this?” Hakyeon asks. There's that amused tone again. “I was under the firm conviction that you people don't appreciate me conducting my... business.”

I don't make the rules, I just enforce them.” That makes Hakyeon laugh out loud. It's jarring and haunting and sounds kind of dangerous, and Hongbin's fingers are itching to close around the grips of his pistols, but he manages to keep himself in check. He busies himself with playing with the amulet around his neck instead to occupy his hands. Even though his instincts are screaming at him, nothing good would come from him shooting Hakyeon. “Why does anyone come here?”

Business, mostly,” Hakyeon muses. He his head to the side, baring his long neck. “But most people, who come to see me, also don't know my full given name, which tells me you have probably had a good, long look into my personal files.” He's, well... he's not wrong. But Hongbin certainly doesn't intend to admit that to him. Or to anyone else. “Is that an Obscurer?”

Hongbin looks down at the amulet between his fidgeting fingers. It feels warm and emits a slight buzz against his palm. “Yeah,” he says. “Better safe than sorry, I figured.”

Clever. This place isn't exactly safe for your kind.” Hakyeon purses his lips in thought. “I suppose this would also explain why your energy feels all... wrong.” He slowly drags his dark, heated gaze along the length of Hongbin's body. “Take it off?” he says. There is something suggestive about his tone that makes it unclear whether he's referring to the Obscurer or Hongbin's clothes. Hongbin ignores the latter thought as it passes through his mind. He pulls the chain over his head and stuffs the amulet into the back pocket of his jeans, all with shaky hands. Hakyeon smiles. “Ah, there he is.” He looks Hongbin up and down once more, and Hongbin has to resist the urge to squirm.

So what now?”

Hakyeon purses his lips. The sleeves of his black dress shirt are pushed up to his elbows, so when he leans his weight back on his arms, the muscles in his forearms flex under tan skin. He's so attractive. “So now you tell me why you've come here.” Hongbin opens his mouth to reply, but ends up having to close it again when he realizes he doesn't have an answer. , why did he come? He really, really shouldn't have. This was such a huge mistake. Seeming to sense Hongbin's inner conflict, Hakyeon smiles wider. He scoots over a little and pats the bed in invitation. “Come sit.”

Hongbin balks. “I only want to talk.”

You can talk just fine while sitting here.” Again, Hakyeon pats the bed. “Come come, now, I don't bite.” Hongbin shoots him an incredulous look, and Hakyeon has the audacity to actually laugh. “Alright, I don't bite unless consent is given.”

What, really?” Hongbin can't keep the surprise out of his voice. Hakyeon's mouth twitches with amusement, and Hongbin feels a little embarrassed. “I mean, I... I thought your kind usually just...”

Take?” Hakyeon supplies when Hongbin trails off. The bad thing is that that word is exactly what had first sprung to the forefront of Hongbin's mind. “Some do. Some don't.” Hakyeon's fingers are drumming a slow rhythm against the mattress, a steady tap tap tap. I don't.”

It feels almost unreal. It goes against everything Hongbin has ever learned. “Why?”

Hakyeon stops tapping. He shifts, leaning forward, almost conspiring, and he purrs: “If you pay me for my trouble, I'll tell you all my secrets.” For a third time, he invites Hongbin to sit on the bed with him. This time, it's with a sense of finality, as if it's going to have consequences should Hongbin decline. Hongbin's eyes flicker towards the door. He's pretty sure Hakyeon would let him leave if he really wanted to, though not sure enough that he doesn't feel dread rushing through his veins with each frantic pump of his heart. And yet, stronger than the fear, stronger than the wariness and the rational reasoning, is curiosity and fascination. Attraction. It's overpowering. Hongbin feels his feet moving him towards the bed before he has even fully made up his mind.

Every cell in Hongbin's body is on red alert. Every voice in his head is shouting at him to step back, to get away from Hakyeon. He ignores all the warnings and sits stiffly on the bed with mere inches of distance separating Hakyeon and himself. Faster than Hongbin can process, Hakyeon's hand is on the back of his neck. It slides up into his hair to pull at it, tilting Hongbin's head back and exposing his throat. Hongbin gasps at the brush of cool, dry lips against his skin, and it's a true testament to his willpower that he doesn't immediately grab his weapons. He digs his fingers into the material of his jeans instead, so hard his knuckles turn white. “Not the neck,” he manages to grit out, aiming for threatening but failing with the way his voice cracks and trembles.

There's a heartbeat of silence in which neither of them move, in which Hongbin almost fears he has put too much trust into Hakyeon and his supposed promise of consent. Then Hakyeon pulls back, a slow smile spreading on his face. “Right,” he says. “You are a man of the law, after all.” His grip goes slack, and he rests his forearm on Hongbin's shoulder instead. Their faces are close, so close Hongbin would be able to feel Hakyeon's breath if Hakyeon had been breathing.

Can you... do it somewhere more... discreet?” Hongbin is usually not such a shuddering mess. He has gone through years and years of training to remain composed in situations like this one, even in situations more stressful than this. But Hakyeon's dark eyes are boring directly into Hongbin's, and he feels unsettled in so many ways.

Yes,” Hakyeon replies after what seems like far too long. “There are other places, of course.” He slides his hand down to press against Hongbin's chest, right over his pounding heart. “Here.” The hand continues to travel along Hongbin's arm, flipping it over so he's palm up and Hakyeon ghosts a fleeting touch over the veins that draw a net of greenish blue Hongbin's wrist. “Here. Or...” His hand moves even further down, slithering up the inside of Hongbin's thigh. Hakyeon grins, wide and toothy, when Hongbin jolts away from the touch. “Here.”

What is Hongbin doing? Why the hell hasn't he left? His heart is racing, his breathing is troubled, the small hairs on the back of his neck are standing up. “The chest is fine,” he hears himself saying. This is possibly the stupidest thing he has ever put himself through.

Good choice,” Hakyeon says, sounding pleased. “Strip down, then.”

And Hongbin does. Because he's so ing stupid. He shrugs off his jacket and his gun holster, dropping the former onto the floor but making sure to keep the latter well within reach just to make himself feel safer, even though Hakyeon appears to be more amused than threatened by the weapons. “Are those all for me?” he coos. “That's adorable.”

Hongbin ignores him. He proceeds to pull his loose sweater over his head, followed by his tanktop, which eventually leaves him bare from the waist up. Hakyeon is looking him up and down again. Hongbin can feel himself flushing. “Stop staring at me like that.”

Like what?” Hakyeon asks.

Like you want to eat me.” Hongbin realizes the error of his words as soon as he has spoken them. “Oh. Right.” He clears his throat, shifts on the spot, tries to regain his usual confidence. “How do you want me?” Hakyeon's eyebrows shoot up. Hongbin hates how everything he says somehow becomes some form of innuendo. “I mean...” , he doesn't even know what he ing means.

Hakyeon laughs. “You're cute.” Hongbin wants to object, but loses both his words and his breath at the feeling of Hakyeon's palm smoothing over the tense muscles in Hongbin's shoulders. Slow, calming . Hongbin probably shouldn't enjoy that as much as he does. “Do whatever makes you the most comfortable,” Hakyeon finally says. Hongbin would honestly be the most comfortable if he wasn't here. But he is. “Usually it's easiest if you lay down.”

I prefer sitting, thanks,” Hongbin snaps, and he sees Hakyeon's eyes go steely for just a second. He doesn't comment on the harshness of Hongbin's words, though. Hongbin figures he must be used to people lashing out.

Alright. That's fine. Just try to stay as still as possible.” Before Hongbin can even process the movement, Hakyeon is climbing on top of him to sit astride his thighs. All the sudden added bodily contact has Hongbin's fight or flight instinct kicking in, and he scrambles backwards on the bed, his fingers inching closer to his guns before he can stop himself. “Shhh,” Hakyeon says. He's towering over Hongbin, like a mare, like a demon, like a monster. Hongbin only manages to back up a few inches before Hakyeon sits himself firmer down on his lap to make him stop moving. “Calm down. It's alright. You're alright.” Nothing about this is alright, Hongbin thinks frantically, but Hakyeon is cupping his face, one cool hand on each side of it. “Shhh. Relax. Breathe.”

A flood of calm washes over Hongbin in the wake of Hakyeon's words. There's something strangely soothing about his voice, slithering silky smooth into Hongbin's chest to slow his galloping heart and ease his panic. “Did you just Trance me?” Hongbin accuses with no real bite.

Maybe,” Hakyeon says, shifting. It's the first time he has exhibited anything that as much as resembles embarrassment. “Alright, a little. Sorry, it's a habit.”

's okay. It's probably for the better.” To be honest, Hongbin should be much more concerned about Hakyeon Trancing him than he is, but he feels so mellowed out all of a sudden that he can't even bring himself to be worried. “Is it going to hurt?”

Hakyeon is playing with Hongbin's hair now, running it through his fingers. Hongbin could probably fall asleep like this, if that wasn't a terrible ing idea. “Depends. Do you want it to?” Hongbin shakes his head, and Hakyeon smiles. “Then I'll try to make it as painless as possible.” He leans in, and his lips skim a searing hot trail down Hongbin's neck, over his collarbone, all the way down to his chest where they pucker up to press a small kiss. Hongbin rests his weight back on his hands to make the angle work better for them. His stomach is quivering with each uneven breath. “Are you ready?” Hakyeon speaks against Hongbin's skin.

No,” Hongbin says. “But go ahead and do it. Before I change my mind.”

Still, Hakyeon hesitates. “You're giving me permission?”

Hongbin shuts his eyes briefly, inhales a long, slow breath through his nose. “Yes,” he whispers. It feels final, it feels bold, it feels really ing stupid. “I'm giving you permission.”

It's kind of a surprise how little it hurts. Hongbin had feared much worse. It happens fast, like a sharp jab of two needles piercing through his skin, and then nothing. Nothing but the feeling of his heart pounding in an increasingly faster pace to replenish his body, the cold sweat breaking out on his forehead, the unexpected sensation of euphoria climbing the knobs of his spine, Hakyeon's mouth attached to his chest, hungrily lapping up blood as it flows. It doesn't hurt.

Eventually, however, as Hakyeon keeps drinking, Hongbin starts to feel lightheaded, his vision going dark around the edges in time with how the rushing in his ears grows louder. He wonders if it was foolish of him to put his trust in Hakyeon, wonders if he would be too weak now to fight Hakyeon off if it came down to it, wonders if Hakyeon is going to bleed him dry.

But Hakyeon finally pulls away and over the puncture wounds to close them up. The feeling of Hakyeon's flattened tongue against his skin, brushing just shy of a , makes Hongbin shudder. His arms give out under him, and he falls back on the bed, dizzy, and stares up at the ceiling while trying to stop its spinning because it's only making his nausea worse. Hakyeon's face soon comes into view instead as he hovers over Hongbin. He looks wild and dangerous and breathtakingly beautiful with his eyes shining bright red, his pupils blown wide, and his mouth smeared with blood. Hongbin kind of really wants to kiss him right now. “How are you?”

Great,” Hongbin tries to say, but it comes out more like a mumbled groan.

Indecipherable as it may be, the response appears to make Hakyeon feel more at ease, his tense shoulders drooping. He snorts, patting Hongbin on the chest, careful to avoid the sore bite mark. “Alright. You stay here, I'll be back in a flash.” If Hongbin had been more levelheaded, he might have reacted fast enough to stop Hakyeon from getting off the bed. Then again, he probably also wouldn't even be in this situation in the first place if he had been in his right mind.

Hongbin manages to doze off for a few moments while Hakyeon is away, but he startles awake when he feels the bed dip beside him. Hakyeon is sitting there with a bottle of water and a selection of fruits. He helps Hongbin sit up so he can drink, big gulps of cool water like a balm as it slides down Hongbin's parched throat. Hakyeon also breaks off pieces of banana to feed him, cooing in encouragement when Hongbin chews and swallows. With him caring for Hongbin like this, it's easy to forget why Hongbin came here, who Hakyeon is. What Hakyeon is.

Why?” Hongbin asks once his tongue stops feeling like a dead weight in his mouth.

Because you've lost a lot of blood and these things help you get back on your feet faster, come on.” Hongbin grabs Hakyeon's wrist when Hakyeon tries to stuff more fruit into his mouth, and though Hongbin's hold is feeble at best, the action itself is enough to make Hakyeon pause. Furrowing his brow, Hongbin tries to formulate the question he has swirling somewhere in his mind. Everything is so fuzzy, he almost feels like he's drunk, but he isn't, he's just...

Hongbin runs his tongue over his lips. They're dry and cold. He tries to focus on Hakyeon's face to the best of his ability, but his vision is still slightly blurry. He'd close his eyes, but feels that would leave him too vulnerable, too undefended. “You said you'd tell me. Your secrets.”

It seems to take a moment for the dots to connect in Hakyeon's head, or perhaps he just isn't sure if he should really answer. Then he screws the cap back on the water bottle and sets it down on the bedside table before looking at Hongbin again. “What do you want to know?”

There are so many things Hongbin is curious about, he has so many questions. He wants to know everything there is to know about Cha Hakyeon, but he settles for something that feels a little less like professing his undying love. “Why are you so... adamant... about needing consent?” That is the thing he had been most surprised to learn about. He has always thought Hakyeon's kind were all about violence. He has always been taught that that was the norm.

Ah. That's an easy one.” Hakyeon has taken Hongbin's hand into both of his own, his thumb pressed against the thin, sensitive skin of Hongbin's wrist. “It's all a matter of preference, really. Some of our kind prefer the thrill of the chase and instilling terror in the hearts of their victims. They prefer taking blood with force. It makes it taste like fear and adrenaline.” Judging by the look on Hakyeon's face, the frown on his lips, he doesn't agree with those ways.

And what about you?” Hongbin asks.

Me?” Hakyeon is back to smiling again. Hongbin thinks to himself that he prefers that, then thinks that he shouldn't prefer anything. “You taste so sweet when you're willing. I like sweet.”

He still has his finger on Hongbin's pulse so he must be able to feel the way it speeds up when Hongbin gathers the courage to ask: “And what about the...?”

The ing?” One of Hakyeon's eyebrows quirks with mirth, and Hongbin nods, more bashful than he would have liked it to be. Somehow, it feels awkward and strangely intimate to have this conversation when he's still half- and sprawled out on the bed with Hakyeon sitting so close to him. “Post- blood is even sweeter.” The way he can say that in such a casual manner, as if he's simply commenting on the weather, makes Hongbin feel hot.

Why make it into a business, though? Wouldn't it be easier to just... I don't know... go to a club and pick someone up? I'm sure there are humans, who are into... people like you.” Actually, Hongbin knows for a fact that there are, because he may or may not have spent hours perusing various websites on the matter before coming here. For research purposes, of course. Yeah.

Hakyeon's smile turns wry. “You'd be surprised. It's not that simple.”

You're super hot, though,” Hongbin blurts out before his brain can catch up and stop him from saying stupid like that. His brain-to-mouth filter is definitely broken.

At least it makes Hakyeon snort out a laugh. “Thanks.” He's playing with Hongbin's fingers. Absentmindedly, like he doesn't realize he's doing it. “If I could do things differently from what I'm doing now, I would, but I don't have much of a choice. I need to feed, and it's just... it's easier to have people come to me rather than the other way around. It's safer like this. Trust me.” He doesn't elaborate. He doesn't look like he's planning to, either. Hongbin wants to ask about it to clear things up, but there's a sudden solemn gloominess in Hakyeon's eyes that creates a lump in Hongbin's throat and keeps him from voicing his questions. “Can I ask you something?” Hakyeon says, and when Hongbin nods, he continues: “Why did you come here?”

It's a repeat of an earlier question that Hongbin wasn't quite sure how to respond to then. He still isn't sure now, but he tries to answer anyway. “I, uh, I was curious. About you. I've never met anyone else, who... does things the way you do. The business method, I mean.”

Alright. But why did you really come here?” Hongbin gawks, and the corners of Hakyeon's lips twitch up. “I can't read your mind, if that's what you're thinking.” That was exactly what Hongbin had been thinking, and Hakyeon's comment only makes his suspicions grow stronger. Hakyeon squeezes his hand, which he is still holding. “I felt your pulse change. I know you lied.” It hadn't been a lie, not completely. It was a partial truth. Part of the reason why Hongbin came here was because his curiosity had been a persistent nagging in the back of his mind that he eventually grew tired of trying to ignore. Curiosity was part of his reason for coming here, just not the main one.

The... reason...” Hongbin swallows around the ball of nerves in his throat. If Hakyeon really wanted to, if he was too impatient, he could probably lure the words out of Hongbin the same way he Trances people, but he just sits there, watching Hongbin in silence, waiting. “I wanted to talk to you and spend time with you. I couldn't stop thinking about you.”

Because Hongbin can't deny that he had given into the urge to look up Hakyeon's personal information after passing by him while he was being escorted into the holding cell at the station. He can't deny that he hadn't been able to stop thinking about Hakyeon for days, weeks, until his resolve finally crumbled and he found himself driving through the darkest parts of town to get here. Even though he knows this place and knows this could end badly for him in more ways than one. Even though he knows exactly what Hakyeon is. That is the truth.

Well, I have been told before that I'm super hot,” Hakyeon jokes, but it doesn't really come across as cocky when he looks as taken aback by Hongbin's answer as he does, even more so when Hongbin continues to meet his gaze evenly, unwaveringly. “Is it not against your human laws for you to hold me in your thoughts like this?”

Frowned upon, but not actually illegal,” Hongbin says. “Besides, I just got myself bitten on purpose, I'm pretty sure there are several people in my immediate circles that wouldn't be too thrilled if they were to find out about me coming here.” He sighs, staring up at the ceiling. “I could probably lose my job if the wrong people got wind of this.” Hakyeon doesn't say anything, he just continues to caress Hongbin's wrist, gentle circles that causes goosebumps to break out all over Hongbin's body. It's dangerous how much he likes it. He needs to get out of here.

Once Hongbin stops feeling like death warmed over, he takes his hand out of Hakyeon's hold so he can sit up. He can't help the grimace that comes over his face when the skin pulls tight over his chest whenever he moves. He's sore, and his movements are sluggish as he reaches for his clothes to get redressed. Hakyeon stops him by grabbing his hand again. “Let me put a band-aid on that,” he says, inclining his head at Hongbin's wounds.

It's fine.” Hakyeon shoots Hongbin a sharp glare that makes his determination deflate like air from a balloon. He stays dutifully in place as Hakyeon goes to retrieve a small first aid kit, and he gets off the bed when Hakyeon gestures for him to do so, despite his wobbly legs.

Standing, they're roughly the same height. Hongbin would only have to lean slightly forward to press his lips against Hakyeon's. He doesn't, though. He wants to, but he doesn't. Hakyeon's hands are a barely-there touch against Hongbin's body as he patches Hongbin up. Maybe it's because Hongbin is too busy staring at his face to pay attention to anything else. He has to clench his fists to keep from reaching out and brushing the hair out of Hakyeon's eyes.

Hakyeon finishes his work, pressing his hand flat over the newly bandaged wound with his long, tan fingers splayed out over Hongbin's pale chest, and when he raises his gaze, he doesn't appear to be the least bit surprised to find Hongbin staring at him so intensely. “Why did you come here, knowing full well what it might mean for you?”

Haven't we been over this already? Hongbin wants to say, he wants to chuckle and brush it off, but he knows that's not what Hakyeon is really asking. Hongbin could say a lot of things to answer this question. He did it because he's reckless. Because he's stupid. “Because when I thought about you, I also thought about who was with you, and I wanted it to be me. Only me.” Because Hongbin is well on his way to being in love with a vampire, and he hates himself for it. Hakyeon looks startled by the confession, and Hongbin's smile is wry. “Silly, isn't it?” he says. “I barely even know you, and yet I feel so... jealous.” Hakyeon remains speechless, staring at Hongbin as though trying to figure out whether he's telling the truth. Hongbin exhales a sigh. “I should leave.”

This time, Hongbin is allowed to get dressed without interruptions. With his guns nestled like comforting weights against his sides, he feels a lot less vulnerable, a lot more capable of defending himself. He turns to Hakyeon for what he believes is the final time, prepared to say his farewell. Hakyeon looks so shaken up, so conflicted, it makes Hongbin hesitate long enough for Hakyeon to look at him with wild eyes and say: “Do you know what a Steady is?”

Hongbin does know. More as a term spoken of in passing than one he's intimately familiar with, but he knows roughly what it means. He has heard that there are vampires, who feed from one human, and one human only, because they have made a deal. Before meeting Hakyeon, Hongbin thought the concept an absurd myth, seeing as it went against what he had learned about vampires and how they usually resorted to violence. But with Hakyeon bringing it up, knowing that he prefers a willing prey, Hongbin now knows that it is indeed a real thing.

Yes,” Hongbin says. “I know what it is.” Vaguely. He's not sure what it entails in its entirety. The vampire gets a regular meal out of the arrangement, naturally. The human gets... what? Hongbin had never made it deep enough into the various online fora to discover the answer to that before his conscience and his shame got the better of him and beckoned him to get off those sites.

Hakyeon steps closer again to grab a hold of Hongbin. He seems to like that a lot, wrapping his fingers around Hongbin's wrist, skin to skin so he can feel his thundering pulse. Hongbin can't complain, though. He likes it as well. Loves it. “If you want to,” Hakyeon says, looking at Hongbin through his lashes. “You could be mine?” It sounds like a promise. A promise Hongbin would be better off not going along with since he already knows that being Hakyeon's Steady would without a doubt create a lot of problems for him. For both of them.

But because Hongbin is reckless, because Hongbin is stupid, all he does is swallow thickly and mutter a strangled: “Please.” Hakyeon's fangs gleam in the light when he flashes a smile. He lifts Hongbin's hand up to his lips to press a fleeting kiss against his palm, as if to seal their sordid deal, and Hongbin's heart is beating harder and faster than it ever has before. What the hell has he gotten himself into?

 

~*~

 

A/N: I swear to the mother this was supposed to be a drabble, but now it's 5100 words because the universe just kept expanding in my mind, and I am weak. ಥ_ಥ to clear some things up: hongbin is a cop, and hakyeon is like a vampire e that got booked for, well, ion. humans and supernatural beings co-exist and accept and-slash-or tolerate each other. I don't know what else to really say. happy birthday, hongbin. hogbin. hongbongbin. hobgoblin. binglebangle. bingbong. bongodrums. ♥

this story has been brought to you by chabean making my life complicated since "eternity" era.



ps. title taken from senses fail's song of the same name.
pps. 
Tip Jar