Home Shopping

Home Shopping

Jinki sighed as he opened another beer can, it was one of those Friday nights when he didn’t have anything to do. No last minute assignments, no tests, no exams, nothing. He settled down further into the couch as he began surfing the channels.

Four beer cans later, Jinki finally decided he had had enough of Tangled and started going through the channels again. His fifth can in hand, he swore as he moved closer to the television.

“Damn,” he whispered as he stopped on the infomercial channel. He blinked, twice, thrice, till he was sure of what he was seeing.

It was an advertisement for some gymming  equipment or the other, the name of which Jinki was not even bothered to find out as his eyes were only fixed on the guy on the floor.

Look at his chest, Jinki groaned as the instructor/anchor made the guy shift his position. , those abs. He let out a small moan when the man stood up. Everything Holy, Jinki was practically drooling at the man’s happy trail.

He watched the ad for an hour more, his imagination going wild with each passing second. Finally, he decided to call up, he had had enough and he needed to do something about the man.

Jinki smiled widely when his call connected after the automated voice informed him that the call was being recorded.

“Thank you for contacting CJ1. Congratulations! You have made it in the timeframe for the current offer! Can I please have your name?”

“Lee Jinki.”

“Okay, Mr. Lee, what package would you like to order?”

“No,” Jinki drawled.

“Sir?” the man on the line asked confused.

“I don’t want those goddamn dumbells and things, I go to a gym. I need the hot dude’s number.”

“Excuse me, Sir, I didn’t get what you were saying.”

“You know,” Jinki sighed, “that hot blonde in the ad. I need his number.”

“I don’t think I can help you out, Sir.”

“You can!” Jinki slurred as he took another sip of his beer. “Did you see his abs? Holy . And the tan too. Damn. Such a fine specimen.” Jinki’s eyes teared up. He was always a crying drunk.

“Please,” he sobbed, “give me his number. Please please please.”

 


 

The next morning Jinki woke up with a slight headache. He groaned as he sat up and stretched. He picked up his phone from the floor when he saw the light blink, a notification.

It was a message from an unknown number with a name and a number that triggered the flow of memories from last night. He cursed as he ran his fingers over his face. What in the name of god had he done?

His phone rang a few seconds later and he jumped up. Thank God it was only Kibum.

“Yes?”

“Let’s meet up for coffee,” Kibum suggested.

Jinki agreed, he could really need a coffee right now.

 


 

“What is it? Spill everything.” Kibum said firmly.

“Huh?” Jinki asked confused, looking away from the blank screen of his phone finally to look at Kibum.

“You haven’t paid attention to a single word I’ve spoken and you keep staring at your phone. So, spill everything.” Kibum narrowed his eyes.

“I-It’s nothing. Just a slight headache.”

Kibum shook his head as he went in for Jinki’s phone.

“Wait!” Jinki exclaimed.

“Who is Jonghyun?” Kibum asked as he gave Jinki his phone back.

Jinki bit his lips, not finding the correct words to explain.

“Yes?” Kibum pressed.

“I’m not sure,” Jinki said quietly.

“What? What is it Jinki?”

“Okay fine. Last night I found this really hot guy on tv and I called up and asked for his number.”

“Are you even listening to what you are saying! It does not make any sense!” Kibum exclaimed, confused.

Jinki glared at him. “Last night,” he began explaining again, “there was this really hot model on some tv shopping channel, I called them up and asked for his number.” he hissed.

Kibum laughed. “Oh, good lord. You serious?” Kibum asked when he saw Jinki glare at him.

“Yes!”

“Woah man! I never knew you were that desperate! Desperate times calls for desperate measures it seems! You should’ve told me, I would have set you up with somebody.”

Jinki’s glare intensified.

“So what now? Going to call him up?” Kibum asked with a sly grin.

“No!” Jinki said. “I don’t even know if that really is his name or number! What if someone’s playing a prank on me? What if it is one of those phone- numbers or a hooker place?”

“Well, in either case, you will be getting laid, so,” Kibum grinned.

“ you Kibum,” Jinki said exasperated as he threw his sugar packet at Kibum.

“Okay fine, all teasing aside, what do you want to do Jinki?”

“I…I don’t know,” Jinki said quietly.

Kibum sighed, it was going to be a long day.

 


 

That night Jinki sat in front of the television again, the remote in one hand and his phone in other. Like Kibum had suggested, if he found that he wasn’t attracted to this guy when he was sober then he would delete the message, but, if he was, then that would be another story.

At last, after a lot of searching, Jinki found the channel from the night before. After an eternity the advertisement for some green tea brand ended and his heart pumped faster when he saw that the next ad was of that gymming thing again.

He watched painstakingly as the anchor explained the benefits and positive results.

“So how about a demonstration?” one of the anchors asked his co-anchor.

“Definitely, definitely. Jonghyun?”

Jinki’s heart dropped, so the guy really was Jonghyun?

He saw Jonghyun walk onto the set in a pair of shorts just like the night before. , Jinki swore, the guy had ing oiled up his body.

Jonghyun knelt, flexing his biceps as he stared right at the camera, his lips pulling into a slight smirk. He stretched as he began the demonstration.

Eventually, Jinki realized he was screwed. His heart beat faster with each of Jonghyun’s action. Those lip bites, those random flexing of his back and chest muscles and those sinful stares at the camera, Jinki knew, he could feel it, that all this was for him.

Jinki switched off the tv once the ad had ended, his mind a mess as he stared at the message.

everything.

“Uh-hello? Is this Jonghyun?”

“Yes. Who is this?”

Damn Jonghyun sounded even good on the phone. “Uh yeah, I am Jinki.” he introduced himself.

“Ahhh the big fan.”

Jinki could feel Jonghyun’s smirk through the phone.

“So did you like the ad today?”

Jinki groaned. “Goddamn, yes! I liked it. A lot.”

He heard Jonghyun’s hearty laughter.

“How about we do this? Let’s meet up? Tomorrow night? Are you fine with that?” Jonghyun suggested.

“Yes!” Jinki cleared his throat trying to reduce the eagerness in his voice. “You won’t be busy?”

“I always have time for my fans.” Jonghyun chuckled. “I’ll send you the address,” Jonghyun said, his voice going unbelievably low. “See you tomorrow Jinki.”

A few seconds later Jinki’s phone beeped with a message from Jonghyun, the address to a club.

 


 

“You are actually going?!” Kibum asked exasperated as he saw Jinki buzz around his room in search for his brush.

“Obviously.” Jinki rolled his eyes. Once he had informed Kibum about his call with Jonghyun, Kibum was at his place within half an hour and refused to leave. Pestering him with all sorts of questions regarding Jonghyun. (How old is he? Is he really a model? How does he look?)

“How do I look?” Jinki asked once he was done fixing his hair.

“able.” Kibum grinned.

“Are you sure you don’t want to come with me?” Jinki asked Kibum one last time.

“Nope, however tempting it may sound I don’t want to be a third wheel.” Kibum got up from where he had planted himself on Jinki’s bed since morning. “Best of Luck!” and he hit Jinki’s .

 


 

It was easy finding Jonghyun in the club, his blonde hair stood out.

“Hey,” Jinki said as he settled down on a bar stool beside Jonghyun.

Jonghyun narrowed his eyes slightly, “Jinki?”

. Jonghyun sounded even ier without the filter of a tv or a phone.

Jinki nodded, his eyes raking in Jonghyun. He had adorned himself in a black sleeveless tee, showing off his arms (more than that actually), his collarbone and the small mole in between them.

Jonghyun hummed, “It’s good to have a face to a name and especially if it is such a handsome face.”

Jinki found himself smiling. He ordered a drink for himself and turned his stool towards Jonghyun.

“So what do you do Jinki?” Jonghyun asked.

“Last semester of my master’s degree.” Jinki took a sip of his drink. “What about you? I mean apart from seducing people through the tv.”

Jonghyun chuckled. “I am a freelance model.”

Jonghyun pushed his empty glass away. “Let’s dance.”

Jinki followed Jonghyun onto the dance floor. Jonghyun was even more perfect than he had imagined him to be.

They danced for some time, their gazes roaming each other but never once leaving the other. They moved in closer and closer untill they were pressed up against each other.

Jinki closed the remaining distance between them, his lips molding with Jonghyun’s in a kiss. Jinki felt Jonghyun’s hands on his back then on his hips traveling up again where they settled on Jinki’s nape.

Jonghyun giggled when they broke apart as they had bumped into someone. Something about Jonghyun’s giggle made Jinki’s inside tighten. He led Jonghyun away from the dance floor. “Want to continue this someplace else?” he asked as he Jonghyun’s back.

Jonghyun whispered a hot yes against Jinki’s lips before he kissed him again.

As Jinki followed Jonghyun out he realized his drunk home shopping adventure was going to become an adventure of a lifetime.