Your Kookie

JinKook Drabbles

Prompt: Person A and B are roommates that live together in a dorm. Their neighbor (whom Person A finds hella ing cute), Person C, knocks on their door and asks if they have any sugar.
Person B pushes Person A out of the dorm, stating that “They’re as sweet as can be.”

unbeta'd


 

“Stop ogling him already!” My best friend and roommate, Taehyung, said in an irritated voice as he tried to take away the phone from me.

“I’m not ”ogling” him, Tae,” I retorted as my hands reached higher to keep them away from Tae’s reach. “I’m just.. getting to know him better.”

“Getting to know him. On Facebook. Riiiiight.” Tae smirked and got back to playing Piano Tiles. He sprawled comfortably on the recently vacuumed rug while I was curled up like a ball on the couch, checking all my accounts in every social media you can imagine.

“Piano tiles? Seriously dude? That was like sooo last year.” I added dramatically, trying to divert Tae’s attention to something else.

“Oh please, Kookie. Don’t even try to change the topic.” He stopped playing by now, got up and walked to the kitchen, rummaging through the fridge in an attempt to get something edible out of it. “Dude- he literally lives next door. Just go talk to him, say hi or something.” He shouted from the kitchen his back on me.

I threw the couch pillow at him and hit his back. “Dude. He literally lives next door and the walls aren’t thick. Shut it.”

As I settled back to the couch making myself comfortable, the doorbell rang. Ugh. Who could it be at this lazy Sunday afternoon. I forced my lazy off the couch and walked over to open the door.

“Hey.”

“Hey.”

“Soooo..”

“Soooo..”

“Uhhhm..”

“Uhhhm..”

Holy ! What do I do?! What do I do?! My brain screamed as I took in the sight of the man in front of me. Puffy blonde hair, doe-like eyes, and full rosy lips that makes you want to kiss and nibble them right on the spot. It was Kim Seokjin - the Kim Seokjin and he’s right in front of me, outside my door, while I stood there looking disheveled, hair out of place, and confused as .

I felt the blood rush to my cheeks as Seokjin his head to the side and looks at me amused. Oh god how cute does look with that expression on his face. For a moment, I just wanted to stand there and get lost staring into his eyes. I snapped back to reality when I heard him clear his throat. I felt my ears redden as I realize I’ve been copying what he’s been saying.

“So uhm, it’s Jungkook, right?” Oh he knows my name! How does he know my name??

I nodded eagerly – maybe too eagerly – and just stupidly smiled, flashing my bunny teeth. I see him look away for a second, fiddling with his hands, before looking back at me.

“See, I was kind of in the middle of baking something but I kind of ran out of sugar……”

Jin was cut off in the middle of his sentence when I felt hands on my back and the next thing I knew I was hanging on to Seokjin, arms snaking around his neck, while his hands were supporting my waist. My head was on his soft but hard and toned chest. I hear rapid thumping of the heart – to whom it belonged, I’m not too sure.

“Oooh would you look at that!” Tae called from behind. “And here’s the sugar-“ I see a bag of sugar being slid off the floor. “They’re as sweet as can be but not as sweet as you two.” I practically imagine his smirk behind my back. And with that, I hear the door being slammed shut and the lock click.

I got back to my senses and pulled away from Jin, turned my back on him and pounded on the door. “Hey Taehyung! Open this door right now!” But I knew it was a futile attempt. I debated for a second there but I knew I had no choice left but face him.

As I turned around, Seokjin was already holding the bag of sugar and smiled apologetically at me, his cheeks were flushed too.

“Do you want to check out the cookies I baked in my room?” Seokjin asked rather shyly. I look at him a little surprised as he was usually a confident man. The type that walks in the room and all eyes just settle on him, and he just walks in dignified steps – untouchable and unreachable.

“Y-yeah, sure.” I agreed. Who am I to turn Kim Seokjin down?

I followed him to his dorm room next to mine & Tae’s and sheepishly looked around his room. It was neat with a small kitched decorated with pink utensils. He motioned for me to come over.

“Here – it’s for you.” He handed me a jar full of cookies, and my eyes shifted to two other plates on the counter. “I didn’t really know which type you liked so I made a bunch that’s why I ran out of sugar.” He finally looked up and I see his cute face being flushed again but somewhat expectant.

I stared at him wide-eyed, feeling butterflies in my stomach. There I was a while ago stressing on how I’d cross paths with Seokjin and there he goes initiating the first move. This has got to be the best day of my life.

“I love all of it,” my reply came as a whisper as I my gaze fell on the jar of cookies I was holding. I looked up at him and smiled my sweetest. “I don’t have anything for you but I can be your Kookie.”

I can see myself puking at my cheesiness but Seokjin cutely chuckles at that. I can sense this would be a great start of something new.