✉ 1 ✉

The Forgotten Letter from an Angel
"Happy Christmas Eve, Hyung!" Jinwoon pats Nichkhun's shoulder with a bright smile. "Enjoy your Christmas tomorrow!"
 
"Happy Christmas Eve, Jinwoon," Nichkhun kindly replies, wearing his coat to prevent the cold breeze from attacking him. "Happy Christmas Eve, everyone."
 
Nichkhun walks pass his coworkers one by one, sending and receiving the Christmas Eve greetings. He keeps the smile on his face until he steps out from his office building.
 
"Christmas, eh?" Nichkhun heaves a sigh and gazes at the evening sky. "How can I celebrate the Christmas without you this year, Rin?"
 
It's been a year since the accident happened on the Christmas night. Nichkhun was driving his car while his wife, Im Rin, sat on the passenger seat.
 
It's the third time they celebrated the Christmas together as a married couple after being married on January three years ago. They were on their way back to home after celebrating a Christmas party at an orphanage for charity.
 
He is still blaming himself every night because he was the one who lost control of the car. If he didn't lose his concentration, the accident won't happen and he will be celebrating the Christmas with his wife tomorrow.

Nichkhun remembers how enraged Im Seulong, Rin's older brother, was at her funeral. Seulong really loves his sister and he doesn't want to believe that her sister has died. He refuses to talk to Nichkhun till now because he can't help himself to remember about Rin whenever he sees Nichkhun.
 
However what happened can't be changed.
 
Nichkhun walks back to his house after bought a strawberry cake, his wife's favorite cake. He pours the wine to a glass and drinks it to accompany him eating the sweet cake.
 
A glass. Two glasses. Three glasses.
 
Nichkhun finally drinks the whole bottle, causing him to lose his consciousness. He is drunk and, before he can manage to reach his room, he falls asleep on the sofa in the main room of his house.
 
He doesn't know how many hours have passed when he finally gather his senses back. Someone is tugging his sleeve, calling him softly, "Papa? Papa?"
 
"Hmm?" he rubs his eyes reluctantly, thinking that he maybe drank too much that he starts to imagine that he hears someone in his house.
 
Nichkhun opens his eyes and his eyes widen in surprise when a girl in front of her smiles to her, "Papa? Are you alright?"
 
"Rin?" Nichkhun murmurs the name with disbelief tone. He can't believe that his wife is standing in front of his eyes. He blinks, wondering whether he really drank too much or he is in his own beautiful dream.
 
"Papa?" the girl tilts her head cutely. "What happened? Why are you looking at me like that?"
 
"Rin...," he reaches out his hand to touch her face, feeling that she is real. When he feels her warm cheek, he quickly pulls her into a hug as a tear of happiness rolls on his cheek. "It's really you... It's not a dream, right?"
 
"Yah, Papa," Rin chuckles and hugs him back. "I'm always here with you everyday. What are you talking about?"
 
Nichkhun misses how Rin always called him with 'Papa' instead of his name or another sweet nickname. Sometimes he would go along and call her as 'Mama', hoping that someday they would have a children of their own who would call them as 'Papa' and 'Mama' as well.
 
But that day never came.
 
Not because of the accident but because Rin couln't carry a pregnancy to full term, meaning she can't be pregnant. They found out about it a year after their marriage and Rin was extremely sad to know the truth.
 
Nichkhun cheered her up, telling her that it's alright and they would try another way so they could raise a children together.
 
"Papa," Rin calls him as he loosens his hug. "Are you alright? Why are you crying? Tomorrow is Christmas, Papa. Don't be sad."
 
"It's because I'm happy," Nichkhun wipes away his tears and rests his forehead on hers. "Welcome back, Rin."
 
"Cheonsa!" Rin puffs her cheeks playfully. "Why don't Papa call me Cheonsa?"
 
Nichkhun chuckles at her cuteness. He remembers that he used to call her as his angel (cheonsa) when they're dating. He hugs her again and kisses her hair.
 
He doesn't want to care why Rin is alive. He doesn't want to wake up if it's only a dream. He just wants to stay like this forever with Rin.
 
"Happy Christmas Eve, my Cheonsa."