Battle of the es; X-Man Part I

Never Had A Love Like This

 

A/N: You are finally given a name since it’s from the narrator’s point of view. Your Korean name is Park SooYun.

 

Yoo JaeSuk, the main MC let out his shrill chuckle as the camera centered on him and he bowed. Kang HoDong and Yang Yoseob who were beside him did the same. Yoo JaeSuk cleared his throat and grinned, “Today we have special guests joining us.”

Kang Ho Dong grinned and said, “As you can see, we have a new MC. He is just a guest for today’s’ show and let us give him a grand welcome! YANG YOSEOB!” The crowd cheered and Yoseob just chuckled as he waved to the crowd.

“Everyone please welcome the following guests of X-Man~!”

Several boys and girls walked down the stage, clapping, some laughing, others just smiling. Then the song Your Friend by Cho PD came on and the audience grew wild for they knew what was coming next—the dancing introductions.

Son Dam Bi smiled as she walked to the center and let her body loose, moving her arms and legs to the music. The sway of her hips brought smiles to the men as they observed quietly. But once she coordinated her moves, she used her arms in rapid movements, confusing some and wowing others.

After her came Hwang Bo, dressed in a gray sweater with short pants. She smiled and brushed her hair back before moving her body to the beat of the song. Her dance was simple and she seemed a little nervous.

“Yoochun-ah!” JungMin chuckled, pushing the other to the front with a teasing smirk. Yoochun narrowed his eyes at JungMin playfully, and shyly stepped up to the center. He chuckled a bit and covered his mouth before finally clearing his throat. Accommodating the fedora hat upon his head, he then began to sway his shoulders to either side and then into a break-step with his feet, changing the direction of movement.

“Pfft.” Changmin, the maknae of the same group Yoochun was from, smirked and made his way, preparing to give his short performance. He cracked his knuckles before doing a heel turn, moving his head to the right and then to the left. Jumping high, he then brushed his hand down from his chest to his left leg, being of great eye candy for the moment.

Kim SoEun brushed a loose strand of hair behind her ear and then looked at the audience, bashful. Swinging her torso a few times, her dance ended as soon as it had begun. A new face, unknown to the crowd, causing commotion, appeared amongst the stars. Seen as a ‘pretty’ kind of girl, she was expected to act the same way as SoEun had before.

SooYun took a deep breath before walking to the center. She laughed suddenly, knowing this dance she would amuse most of the audience. HyunJoong and YoungSaeng both gave a nod and thumbs-up as encouragement. From what had been explained to her, in total she would need to make two dances, one to present herself and the other to couple up with another. The best she had concluded—she would save it for last.

Dropping both arms to her side, she cracked her neck before making sharp, hard movements. Her arms moved so quickly yet they flowed so well, making everyone speechless. Her dance was robotic and her straight, calm face brought smiles to the faces of everyone watching, well except one person.

SoEun whispered to her then, “Wah, you’re so good! I can only do cutesie things.” She then pouted and sighed. Changmin grinned and ruffled her hair, “You did good kiddo.”

SooYun rolled her eyes and playfully socked him, “Yah, maknae, be good.”

Next up went HyunJoong and he amazed the female viewers with his charismatic moves and his ending was two spins and then a jump. HyungJoon and KyuJong demanded to be allowed to dance together and they walked to the center. To start off, they put their hands to their cheeks, showing off their “aegyo” charm. Then they held each other hands, dancing a quick trot. They laughed suddenly, making one trip over air, pulling the other with him. Cheeks reddened, they walked back to their spots and smiled.

A vengeful Yoochun pushed JungMin with a smirk. JungMin sighed and with his hands curled up into fists, he moved his body a little and then grinned. His finale was a spin kick, one he managed to not fall from. The “other” woman that had been announced as unknown before then came out. It was BongSun, a comedian known to everyone. She had appeared as co-host in Champagne and as one of the ‘maids’ in B2st’s Idol Maid. Her dance was a simple jiggle and she bowed before everyone.

HoDong commented, “Her bowing is longer than her dance.”

Everyone laughed as BongSun smacked the other playfully. The others that remained, such as Nicole Jung, Lee JunKi, YoungSaeng, and YoSeob did their dance as well.

 

Teams were set up and the two guests that had been unannounced before: SooYun and Bongsun, they were assembled in opposing teams. SooYun was placed in Team 1 while BongSun in Team 2.

 

The competition began between the two teams, both eager to triumph. The first game between the two would be on a larger form of monkey bars. The objective was simple: to eliminate all players in the opposing team.

SooYun bit her lower lip, curious and unsure. She nudged HyunJoong, “Yah, what are we doing next?”

“Oh, we’re going to play a game. But don’t worry, guys only for this round.”

“Mwohh?! Why not girls?”

“Because…they’re too weak.” HyunJoong held a straight face, one that was worrying SooYun. Was he being serious? He then chuckled, holding her shoulder, “I’m playing. It’s co-ed. The objective of the game? Just watch me, I’m pro.”

“Pfft. Sure.”

Son DamBi then bumped into SooYun, making her fall to the side, into another pair of arms. Looking up, she flinched when she saw the man holding onto her. Bowing embarrassedly, she said, “Sorry!”

He only smiled, “It is alright. I haven’t seen you before. You are?”

“My name is Park SooYun, I am pleased to meet you.”

“Lee JunKi at your service, Ms.”

JungMin knocked him aside, grinning, “SooYun-ah, don’t pay attention to this fool. He’s a big flirt. Casanova.”

Son DamBi rolled her eyes, “Why would he flirt with her anyway?”

SooYun ignored the remark, not wanting to start anything. What was her deal?

Nicole Jung smiled, “Yah, you guys, we have to start playing. Team 1, HWAITING!”

 

“HWAITING!”


 

Both teams lined up, each on opposing sides. Team 1 was to the right and Team 2 to the left. Lee JunKi stood first, and then behind him were Jung Min, HoDong, Son DamBi, HyunJoong, Yoochun, SooYun, and Nicole Jung.

SooYun whispered to Nicole, “How is this game?”

Nicole responded, “Basically, we kick their . Just make sure they all fall down.”

On Team 2’s side, lined up were: HwangBo, HyungJoon, Changmin, YoungSaeng, YoSeob, SoEun, and Kyu Jong.

 

“Ready? START!” Yoo JaeSuk watched attentively, wondering whom the champion of this round would be.

SoEun was nervous as she bit her finger. Oh how she wished she were on the same team as SooYun. HwangBo noticed this and she turned back to SoEun, whispering, “Yah, just pretend all the opposing players are your ex-boyfriends.”

SoEun replied, “But…I’ve never had a boyfriend at all…”

“Mwoh??”

YoSeob joined along in the conversation, “Maybe I should take you out one time then?” He winked playfully.

YoungSaeng sighed, “Yah, let’s just play.”

In English, HyungJoon remarked, “Let’s do this!”

HwangBo looked menacingly at JunKi, seeing him as another one of those “flower” boys. JunKi only smirked, kicking her with one leg, observing her lose balance for a second. She then did the same, but only to have him grab one of her legs and begin pulling it. She had only one hand on the bars and it seemed as if she was going to fall. Fate must have been on her side for she successfully managed to regain balance and use all her force to kick him with both legs. Surprised, both of his hands loosened their grip from the bars and he fell with a grunt. HwangBo grinned with pride, but her victory was short-lived for Jung Min kicked her suddenly and dived upon her, the two falling together. “Ha! Too bad, ex-sister in law.”

“Yah!” HwangBo exclaimed at his reference to the show she had appeared on with HyunJoong as a couple long before.

HyungJoon only laughed nervously as he saw HoDong swing his legs towards him. He said, “Hyung…”

HoDong lunged at the other, making both of them fall onto the floor, rolled up. He pounded his chest similar to the way a gorilla was known to.

Similar to this the players fell, knocked each other over, until only a few of them remained. On Team 1, Yoochun and SooYun stayed together while on Team 2 remained ChangMin and SoEun. Yoochun whispered to SooYun, “You take SoEun and I’ll take Changmin. I know how strong the rascal is.”

SooYun did her part and easily made SoEun fall, but Changmin sent her down shortly after with no problem as well.

Now, now it was between Park Yoochun and Choikang Changmin. Mickey Mouse and Strong Changmin.

“Aughh!” Yoochun was already on the floor while a smiling Changmin remained hanging.


 

“Round 2!” YoSeob rubbed his hands, deciding to go first this time. “I challenge you, Kang HoDong!”

“Bring it Seobbie!”

Laughter was heard among the amused audience.

Once again, it was at the end of the round, but this time only two players remained, one from each team. It was HyunJoong against YoungSaeng. Son DamBi had ‘accidentally’ kicked SooYun, eliminating the other. The two kicked each other continuously and everyone was wondering just who would win this time. YoungSaeng sighed, growing tired. HyunJoong swung to and fro, waiting for the right time to attack. Using a new tactic, HyunJoong kicked at YoungSaengie’s arms. This resulted in Team 1 winning.

 

Now it was a tie.

 

The final round brought tension to everyone. DamBi lost to SoEun surprisingly, who then lost to Nicole. The chain went on and JunKi eliminated Kyu Jong, but HwangBo eliminated him quickly. HoDong bounced into HwangBo and then YoungSaeng kicked the two to the floor.

In the end it was only Changmin and SooYun. Team 1 was nervous because everyone knew clearly that Changmin was a strong, buff man. He smirked, “SooYun-ah, I won’t go easy on you.”

She scoffed, “Was I asking you to?”

 

Nicole wondered aloud, “Do you think SooYun-ah can defeat Changmin?”

Son DamBi muttered, “We’ve already lost. Team 2 wins.”

HyunJoong rolled his eyes, “What is with you? You don’t usually have a bad attitude like this. Why are you like this against your own teammate?”

 

SooYun somehow kept her grip and balance as she stared into the other’s eyes. Changmin attacked first by kicking at her legs, seeing her swing. She kicked his side, managing to flip him to the side and have only one hand holding on. She then used one of her hands to pry his away. Struggling, she reached out and made him fall.

 

“YES!” The entire team rushed over to SooYun, congratulating her. Jung Min carried her over his shoulders while the rest cheered, “Hip Hip Hurrah!”

 

The camera then focused on Yoo JaeSuk for he had a few words to say. “An unexpected victory for Team 1 is what we’ve held. For next week, there will be the couple section of the game. Thank you all and goodnight!”

Everyone sighed, relieved that the filming was over for now. They would start again in a few minutes in advance instead of filming live the next week. Due to Dong Bang Shin Ki’s having to go abroad, filming was scheduled for shortly after.

Kyu Jong and HyungJoon rushed to SooYun with smiles on their faces. “SooYun-ah! You did it!”

She smiled. Nicole gave her a hug as she said, “SooYun-ah, we’re all so proud of you. We managed to pull through for this game.”

Changmin made way to SooYun and extended his hand, “Good game. You somehow beat me. I still want a rematch!”

 

SooYun walked over to the bathroom and entered a stall, sitting on the toilet seat, thinking. Who would be her couple? Who would she present her dance to? She had no idea. She had to choose among the boys on her team and thankfully she was close to the members of SS501. Then there was that dark, handsome Lee JunKi that was called a Casanova. On the other side, she could choose quiet, amusing Yoochun that had lost the first round.

HwangBo walked in with Son DamBi, unaware of the girl in the stall. “DamBi, why don’t you like that girl?”

“I just don’t. She’s getting all this attention and isn’t worthy of it.”

“Ah, you’re jealous because she can dance just as good as you?”

“No! HwangBo, let’s just stop discussing this. I’ll make sure that your team wins the couple game. I won’t let that girl triumph.”

“I want to win fair and square.”

“You will. I’ll just make sure she is out of the game.

SooYun couldn’t take it any longer. She pushed open the door to her stall, calmly going over to the sink to wash her hands. The other two were surprised and remained silent, wondering if she had heard their conversation. HwangBo wasn’t on the side of either of the girls nor did she prefer any from them; she was clearly in the middle. 



 

Sorry for the delay in updating!! I finally did though and I hope everyone likes it :D. It took me the entire day =.= Oh and also, I apologize to those who wanted to be in Team 2, that won the majority vote, but I've had this planned. Don't worry, I have other interesting things planned and you will find out about them soon ;).

Who should "SooYun" be coupled up with from Team 1? What do you guys think of Son DamBi? Was this a good chapter? Please comment and let me know so that I can update faster ^^. I love you all very much.