chapter 2

Someone like you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What time did this person said he will come?” Dean asked as he took a sip of his drink. He is Lilly and sunmi’s best friend. The three had been friend since middle school. After high school, both Dean and Lilly went to study in the state where Dean majored in Music while Lilly took journalism. Sunmi on the other hand stayed in Korea and become a flight attendant.

“He said he will be here at 12...” Lilly answered. That night, after realizing that their bags got switched, Lilly immediately called the contact number which was written on the bag tag and arranged to meet the next day since it was already so late. What concerned her wasn’t when the owner will come but his voice sounded so familiar. So familiar that it triggered an old memory that she wanted to forget.

“You okay?” Dean asked. He noticed that Lilly was being so quiet ever since they came to the café. “This guy, his voice sound so familiar…” she finally told him. Dean looked at her, confused. “Whose voice?”

Lilly didn’t answer right away as she avoided his gaze and looked down. “He sounded like him…” she said, in low voice enough for him to hear and stopped sipping his drink. Dean turned to look at her. “Him? Brian?”

Lilly nodded. “Maybe you misheard it.” She shook her head slightly. “It was very clear Hyuk~ah..” Hyuk was Dean’s Korean name. Dean sighed. Brian was Lilly’s boyfriend back then in the state. They went to college together, all three of them. Dean knew Brian as well as Lilly. They usually hang out together.  However the two lovebirds got into a big fight over something that Dean wasn’t really sure. After the big fight, Brian just disappeared. No one know exactly what happened to him or where he went since he has always been the mysterious type.

It has been a year since he disappeared. For the past few months, Lilly wasn’t good at handling the sudden disappearance. Luckily Dean was there to help her got through the rest of the days. She heard all sort of rumours about his disappearance. There was a rumour that he got into a car accident somewhere and lost his memory. Someone also said that he moved to Canada to start a new life because he was frustrated with his girlfriend which is Lilly. The last thing she heard was he got into a fatal car accident that took away his life. The last rumour really got to her that she was depressed for months because of it.

“Nari~ah..I’m sure you misheard.” Dean said not knowing what else to say to her.  “I hope so…” she said, smiling slightly to help ease herself a bit.

Just then, someone opened the glass door and entered the cafe. He was tall and slender. Lilly looked up and at that moment, she felt as if she stopped breathing. That was the moment she hoped everything was just a dream and that she would wake up from all this. Dean was also as speechless. It was the face that the two was not expected to see but was hoping not to see. “bri…” Dean said slightly, but stopped. The guy spotted them when he noticed that his luggage was with them. He smiled at them and headed towards them. “Nari sshi?” he asked. “Young..hyun?” she swallowed the lump in . They guy nodded. “You can call me Young K.” he said. “That smile…” she t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter