YDFU

BABY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jongwoon stood there in mild shock, staring at the retreating back of the tall, pretty woman who had just dumped a baby into his arms and its bag onto his shoulder.

     “-the ?” he murmured, looking down at the chubby cooing infant who seemed to have made himself comfortable munching on his own little hand. Stepping back into the apartment and closing the door behind him with his foot, Jongwoon decided to save his voice and walk to the bedroom. He dumped the large brand name baby bag onto the bed, a bewildered smirk and eye-roll playing his features when he saw that his boyfriend hadn’t even bothered to look up at him.

     “Siwon, would you like to tell me what this is?” he asked pretending to be clueless when he knew exactly what the it was; evidence of an affair, that’s what it was. His boyfriend of three and a half years went and got someone pregnant. Siwon looked up and blinked at the small thing in Jongwoon’s arms, his mind vacant as he looked around for hidden cameras.

     “I-It’s a baby.” He answered slowly, frowning a little at its sudden appearance.

     “Yeah and guess what?” Siwon slowly shook his head as Jongwoon put the baby down in front of him.

     “…What?” he asked, not really wanting to touch it.

     “Apparently, it’s yours.” Jongwoon crossed his arms and looked down feelings of anger and frustration quickly being replaced with hurt and betrayal. “I met the mother.” he said, quietly. “Siwon, you cheated on me,” he glanced up to see Siwon running his fingers through his hair as he shook his head.

     “Jongwoon-”

     “She told me you slept together for an entire month.” he recalled. “The baby is nine months old. Eighteen months ago…” he trailed off, frowning.

     “Eighteen months ago, we were on a break-” Siwon tried to clarify but Yesung hadn’t finished.

     “No, eighteen months ago we had a massive fight and didn’t talk for the weekend.” His voice got louder and the baby looked at him with large eyes, mild worry crossing his innocent features. “I went to Kyuhyun and Heechul’s to cool off. You-! You got drunk and slept with her didn’t you?!” By now Yesung had thrown his arms down in anger, his cheeks flushed and eyes stinging with frustrated tears. “On the Monday, you got me a necklace and some chocolates…and a card telling me how sorry you were for our fight. But you didn’t tell me you slept with her. And you kept seeing her until the end of the month.”

     “Yesung, I’m-”

     “No, you shut up!” he retorted, sniffling and wiping away his tears. “Has this whole relationship been a joke to you, Siwon? Am I a joke? Am I someone you can’t take seriously? Was it your plan to just cheat on me whenever we fought?! …Speak!” At his last screech, the baby recoiled back and started to cry. With no answer from Siwon and no action from him to even attempt to sooth the infant, Jongwoon took him into his arms and softly apologised to him as he left the room.

     “None of this is your fault,” he sighed against the baby’s temple as he gently swayed him from side to side in the kitchen. Soon his small wails turned into whimpers and coos as he began to chew on Yesung’s shirt.

     “So your name is Kim Joonmyun, hmm?” he asked, mostly to himself as he looked down at the poor thing with wet pink cheeks and large chestnut coloured eyes still glistening with tears. “Glad she didn’t give you your father’s surname…” he muttered, slowly patting the baby’s back to soothe him into a slumber.

     The only reason Jongwoon wasn’t panicked about the sudden arrival of a baby into his life was his younger brother’s own fear of becoming a father. During the last two months of his sister-in-law’s pregnancy, he took his brother’s place at most baby classes and couple sessions. Jongjin was either in the bathroom being sick or out with friends who would give him a hard time for not being with his wife, but would return him home absolutely plastered. Even when his niece was born, Yesung was there to lend a helping hand, frequently staying over for weekends at a time to take late night bottle shifts and to look after the new-born whilst the new mother finally got a chance to look after herself and get her hair done. He knew how to look after an infant thanks to his brother and from first impressions, Joonmyeon was a pleasant baby.

      After a few minutes, Jongwoon deemed it safe to put the baby down on the sofa and proceeded to go back to the bedroom to get the baby bag. Siwon was no longer in bed but he paced up and down the room with a document in his hand, stressfully running his fingers through his dark chocolate hair. The large bag was open meaning Siwon was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter