(Final) A Little Ill

A Little Ill

A/N: I'm back w more jinkook...i had an itch to write something a lil domestic this time, and your wonderful wingmen Hoseok and Tae make an appearance too--but dont fret this is still fluff af...also, i just  gotta say thanks for the amazing responses in my last two fics??? honestly it makes my day to see such lovely reception...without further ado, here we go!

 

 

It's Friday. 

 

The day where Jungkook drags himself to Seokjin's apartment with his gym bag in tow, ready to mull over his school's lessons for the week. What makes this Friday particularly special is that it's a long weekend that actually applies to university students. Attending university with Seokjin is a blessing and a curse in itself. 

 

One thing is that they actually see each other less and less, especially near exam period when they meet after two weeks of abstinence. Jungkook's lucky enough if he can manage to drag Seokjin out on a date during that time. 

 

A second thing that makes it a blessing is that Jungkook knows he's always close by anyways. Seokjin's apartment is no more than a twenty minute walk, and he always treks over whenever they're available. Distance makes the heart grow fonder, but it also gives something to look forward to after a long day. 

 

On an average night, Seokjin would be half awake and sleepily flipping his textbooks and notes with a tired touch. They'd get a chunk of their homework done, before veering off task and cooking dinner together, or going out into town for a small snack. 

 

Sometimes, their other friends would join in on the study sessions, finishing the night off with a celebratory movie. All of them like gathering at Seokjin's apartment the best, since its size was quite large for one person. 

 

Then, like clockwork, each able body would fall asleep on the couch and the floor (Jimin was usually the first one to doze off) until time reached the brink of dusk. The host of their get-together would shoo them out. Seokjin, the ever-doting caregiver of their group of friends, usually tries to keep awake and moderates the entire thing. 

 

But, all normalcy in this routine is a bit different when Jungkook hears coughing resonating through the walls upon entering through the door. 

 

Today, Namjoon's long gone to his apartment—so he would be missing their review session—and Hoseok texted Jungkook earlier, stating he had extra hours due at the dance studio. Jimin and Taehyung were unresponsive, which is completely normal, and Yoongi simply didn't desire coming that night. 

 

As the teenager opens the door to his boyfriend's apartment, Seokjin jerks up in reaction, eyes wide but evidently exhausted.

 

"Hiya."

 

"Hey, Jungkookie," When Seokjin speaks, there's obviously something wrong. 

 

His usual soothing voice is raspy and slightly unpleasant. The older male appeared to be in the process of unloading his books (with barely trembling hands). 

 

Plus, did his dark circles get more sunken? 

 

"You don't sound too good, hyung." Jungkook kicks off his brown boots, slipping his bag off to the floor and shutting the door. 

 

"Ah," With the way Seokjin's regular catchphrase sounds like a dry hose, it's clear that he's come down with a cold. Perhaps a fever, if Jungkook could manage to feel him. "It's nothing, honestly. I just-uh, ate really spicy noodles for lunch earlier."

 

Jungkook struggles not to roll his eyes, because Seokjin, who can eat anything and everything, does not sound like a wheezing grandma from eating noodles. "Doubt it."

 

"Hey, don't worry, I—"

 

"Shhh." Jungkook frowns when the blond's sentence started to trail off into a pathetic sounding croak. 

 

There's something wrong here. Heat radiates off of Seokjin in waves, his skin is flushed out and to put it shortly—he looks like trash. 

 

Seokjin blinks at his boyfriend, who impulsively brushes the back of his hand under the golden fringe. "You're burning up, you've got a fever..."

 

"Or, maybe you're just cold-blooded. Sometimes when I hold your hand, it's freezing." Seokjin murmurs, eyes sliding shut. 

 

"If this is an attempt to fool me, hyung, it isn't working. We're not studying tonight, not now at least." Jungkook huffs, appointing the responsible role on himself until his lover can get better. 

 

Jungkook's used to relying on Seokjin, and he's about to turn the tables. 

 

"Jungkook," It's an attempt to scold him, protest that he's okay, but said male pays no heed to Seokjin. 

 

"Hyung." 

 

"I'm okay," He says, hoarse throat and all. 

 

"No, you're not." Jungkook begins to push all the books into a neat pile and set them aside on the table, before lightly pushing his boyfriend to the couch. "Sit."

 

"Trust me on this," Seokjin dryly pleads, but collapses on the sofa anyways. "Kook, we gotta study."

 

Seokjin is now slightly whining, and if he wasn't so cute then maybe it would be easier to fuss over him. 

 

"Just—let me take care of you!" The younger teen is blushing profusely, never imagining this scenario in his life. 

 

Oh, how the roles have definitely switched. Jungkook sounds just like a mother-hen, household-bound Seokjin (on a regular day, of course), and the soft look that the blond adapts after almost melts his heart. 

 

"Fine," Seokjin sighs. 

 

"You overworked yourself, didn't you?" Jungkook grumbles, seating himself down while ing Seokjin's cardigan. 

 

A cough. "I had to work overtime at my job. You know, the one at the nearby restaurant,"

 

"Juggling all your other with your job I see." The raven haired teen comments, cupping Seokjin's warm face. 

 

Having a selfless workaholic as a boyfriend, Jungkook isn't surprised that Seokjin's job is a huge factor to his current condition. 

 

"I'm sorry," The latter whispers. "If I'm burdening you."

 

Now Jungkook wants to smash his head in the wall. Is this how he sounded whenever Seokjin had to take care of him during sick days?

 

"Don't be stupid, it's never a burden to me if you're not well. S-stay right there. I'll make you tea."

 

As Jungkook fires up the kettle (literally, and he quickly toned down the stove temperature with a yelp—usually, this would be the part where Seokjin would come in and help him but you know, he's sick and ), Seokjin's lying on the full length of the furniture now, and from the kitchen he can see his chest rising with each shaky breath. 

 

Fishing out honey, his own little remedy for a clammy throat, Jungkook prepares the drink diligently. 

 

"Jin-hyung," Jungkook calls softly when he pads back into the kitchen. Seokjin cracks an eye open, and smiles tiredly at the steaming mug in the younger boy's hands. "Drink some,"

 

Seokjin sighs contentedly and slowly sits up, taking the hot beverage. "Smells good. Thank you,"

 

Jungkook finds a spot down on the floor, staring up as Seokjin is sipping the tea at turtle's pace. Fondly, he rests his chin on Seokjin's knee. "I put honey in there, you know? It's really good for your throat—well, for me anyways."

 

A hum of amusement comes from above. "That's thoughtful. Makes it really tasty, too." 

 

Jungkook nudges his knee, chuckling lightly. "You're stuck here with a mild fever and all you can say is that the tea 'tastes good'?"

 

Seokjin simply rolls his eyes and resumes drinking until the mug empties completely. 

 

"You didn't have to finish it you know." Jungkook pouts. "I sort of made a lot."

 

Seokjin hands his boyfriend the mug, as he resumes to lie back onto the couch. "It's okay. Who knows, maybe I'll recover faster."

 

Standing up, Jungkook whispers, "I hope so."

 

 

 

 

 

"Oh man holy ," Jungkook gapes. "You're burning up!"

 

He's been with Seokjin for a few hours now, drifting in and out of sleep while his sick little patient had been out like a rock for the entire time. 

 

But when Seokjin abruptly sat up on the couch around 9, his cheeks are flushed red and his eyes looking glassy. Then, that's when Jungkook pressed a hand against his forehead. 

 

He rushes over to the washroom, out of instinct. Whenever Jungkook thinks of all-things-bad regarding bodily health, the washroom's always his first destination. Thinking back to when he had his own fever a couple years back, the memory of wet washcloths hit him. 

 

"Hyung, lie down again." Jungkook practically flies back into the living room, damp and frigid washcloth in hand. He's prancing around furniture, trying not to land any water spills onto the floor. 

 

Compliant, Seokjin shuts his eyes with a hint of strain, as the cloth is pressed against searing skin. 

 

"I—Ju-ng...kook," The way Seokjin sounds is even worse than before. 

 

"Eh? Hyung?" Jungkook furrows his eyebrows, kneeling on the floor and inching closer to Seokjin. "What?"

 

"...c-ome...here," 

 

The blond's previous cracking voice has been reduced to the blandest whisper, scratchy and faint. 

 

Jungkook's so transfixed on Seokjin's practically lost voice, that he barely misses the hand that gently draws him to lean forward. 

 

"What...what is it?" Jungkook murmurs, concern etched all over his face. 

 

When warm lips press against his cheek out of pure affection, Jungkook makes a small noise in response, blushing. 'This isn't the time to be pulling this on me, Seokjin!'

 

He's cupping his cheek with his own hand, and staring down at Seokjin. 

 

"Yah..." Jungkook chides softly, as he sees the older male so smug with himself. The teen grows a grin of his own. "You want me to get sick too?"

 

Seokjin shakes his head, letting out a happy yet exhausted laugh, making Jungkook weak. 

 

With the atmosphere calming down once again, Jungkook reaches over and takes Seokjin's hand in his. "Go to sleep. Get as much rest as you can."

 

Seokjin mouths something and that Jungkook can only beam at him for, murmuring his own response as he's kissing his knuckles before sleep overtakes them once again. 

 

 

 

 

"Hello? Taehyung?"

 

Hoseok frowns, pressing the receiver to his ear. It's Jungkook on the phone, and he isn't sure why the teenager decided to call them at 7 in the morning. 

 

"No, it's Hoseok." He lightly corrects the boy on the phone, both groggy with sleep. "Taehyung's sleeping."

 

"Ah—morning, hyung. Sorry to disturb you." Jungkook sounds more awake now. 

 

"No, no problem," Hoseok says, watching as Taehyung sleepily rolls around in the mattress before stilling again, body rising and falling with soft breaths. "What's up? You're usually not up this early."

 

It's truly strange. In their tightly knit group of friends, Jungkook is and always will be the hardest to wake up in the mornings. Seokjin's told them all how he's given up on waking the younger in the mornings, leaving him be.

 

"Well...I was wondering if you had medicine for..." Shuffling took over the line for a few seconds. What in the world was Jungkook up to? "Mm. For a fever and cold? Maybe some throat lozenges too?"

 

Hoseok's eyes widen at the sudden info. He asks Jungkook to repeat himself as he slowly slides out of bed and rushes to the kitchen, fishing through a crowded cupboard. 

 

"Who's sick, Kook-ah?" Hoseok grabs a few bottles, cursing when he topples over a large bottle of mouthwash and causing a loud clutter of container. 

 

"...Jin-hyung."

 

"Jin-hyung?!" Hoseok's incredulous, wincing when he sees Taehyung poke his tired head out between the door and the frame. "He never gets sick!"

 

A sigh, and it's evident that Jungkook, is indeed, the one taking care of the older male. "Yeah, I thought that too. He can barely speak."

 

"Oh my god," Hoseok deadpans. Pressing the phone between his ear and his awkwardly jutted shoulder, he speeds up the process of throwing medicine into the bag. 

 

"I know...I'm–" Jungkook pauses, and he hears a faint rasping sound, so quiet that he has to strain his ears. "Hold on."

 

Hoseok shoots an apologetic smile to Taehyung, who had found himself a seat at the kitchen island, pressing his face against the cool marble as he blinks sleepily at him. Taehyung mouths, 'Jungkook?' and points to the phone. Hoseok nods, adjusting the phone again. 

 

On the other line, Jungkook's frantically chastising Seokjin, who seemed to be trying to vigorously move around again while the maknae really just wants him to rest—

 

"Hoseok-hyung. Can you please come here soon? You can even stick around a bit if you want, just don't get too close to Jin-hyung. Bring Tae, too." Jungkook comes back on the line, breathless. 

 

"Yeah, no problem. I'll let Tae know. See you,"

 

Taehyung raises an eyebrow, hair mussed with sleep as he finally grasps his surroundings with unshaken eyes. "Hobi? What's happening with Jungkook?"

 

"Pack a small bag full of snacks. We're gonna pay Jungkook a visit,"

 

Suspicious but willing nonetheless, Taehyung doesn't go through the effort of wondering why they were visiting the 19 year old at 7:30 in the morning. 

 

 

~

 

 

"Stop moving," Jungkook whines, as Seokjin's shoved onto his back once again. "You have to rest."

 

Seokjin stubbornly tries to protest out of natural instincts, but he barely gets through two words before his poorly put sentence is reduced to air. 

 

Jungkook pulls off the lukewarm cloth and rushes to fetch a new one. 

 

Seokjin lies there, and wonders, when, since when has Jungkook taken the liberty to nurse him, let alone anybody else? When he first woke that morning with no trace of a voice, it had been Jungkook who took immediate action. 

 

For a moment, he has an itch of happiness to himself there in the midst of the sounds of the running sink water, and he indulges in his little thoughts until Jungkook is back—pressing the towel forcefully onto his brow again. 

 

Knowing very well that his voice is useless, Seokjin mouths, 'thank you' with chapped lips and Jungkook quirks a smile, teeth and all. 

 

When the younger jokingly mocks him, mouthing 'you're welcome' quite exaggeratedly, Seokjin weakly slaps him, little laughs taking over his body. 

 

"Hey, no hitting the doctor, hyung." Jungkook protests, and in reply Seokjin has an expression that could almost rival Yoongi's resting face. Almost. 

 

A knock at the door is what breaks the couple's staring contest, and Jungkook leaps backward onto his feet and makes a beeline for the entranceway. 

 

Seokjin is craning his neck, trying to see who would visit them on such a day. All their friends cancelled the night's study session, but he's even more confused when Hoseok's unmistakable screeching fills the apartment. 

 

"Hoseok-hyung! Do you have them?" Jungkook wildly searches at Taehyung and Hoseok's hands, donned with various bags. 

 

"Wow, hi to you too," Taehyung scoffs, fiddling with the sleeve of his cardigan. "You know, you could've called us much later, I think 7 am is way too early for humans to even be conscious."

 

"Well you know what? Jin-hyung's lost his voice, and I just needed some stronger medicine because we don't have any." Jungkook scoffs, letting the pair walk in. 

 

"He's sick?!" Taehyung blurts out, gasping when he sees Seokjin giving a tiny wave from his position on the couch. 

 

"I thought Hoseok-hyung told you," Jungkook says, strutting back over to Seokjin and sitting on the floor. Seokjin shoots Jungkook an unreadable look before the latter returns it with an apologetic grimace.

 

"I did tell him we were coming to visit...looks like I forgot the Seokjin-is-sick part." Hoseok chuckles sheepishly, passing the plastic bag of medicine to the youngest teen. 

 

"Hey, hyungie," Taehyung drops down to his knees, grinning at the pliant man on the couch who smiles tiredly at the attention. "How're ya feeling?"

 

He rakes his hands through Seokjin's hair, hissing when he feels the damp heat emanating from him. "Damn."

 

"I know." Jungkook sighs. He pauses in taking out the antibiotics when Seokjin flashes him a slightly sour glance. As if he could read Seokjin by just his expressions, Jungkook shifts his focus on him. "Don't worry hyung. These are from Hoseok-hyung. Hopefully you'll be good after this."

 

Hoseok raises an eyebrow, but shrugs the odd scene off. "Do you want me to put on a movie or something? Tae and I really don't have anything to do."

 

"Oh, can I pick?!" Taehyung whirls around. 

 

"Yeah, sure. Just let me give hyung his medicine..." Jungkook carefully reads the labels, ending up with two tiny pills and an abundance of throat lozenges. 

 

Once he finishes, Jungkook allows Seokjin to sit up—so he can squeeze beside him—while Taehyung is happily sprawled on the floor with a cushion as Hoseok watches on from the furthest end of the couch. 

 

The movie begins reeling, and Jungkook's span of interest is slowly decreasing when Seokjin presses against him and laces their fingers together. Kim Seokjin can be his distraction any day.

 

Jungkook turns his head, and a shine in Seokjin's eye speaks a thousand words. He knows exactly what he's trying to portray. "You'll be fine. Even though...even though I'm not the greatest at all this caretaking stuff...just as long as you get better."

 

His sentence is trailing off when Seokjin presses a muted kiss on his shoulder before turning back and watching the movie, a look of peace on his face. 

 

Jungkook's stare lingers on Seokjin for a few moments longer, before he too fixates his attention back to the TV screen. 

 

 

 

Jungkook wakes up to the faint sound of cluttering in the kitchen, and he sees that he's fallen asleep leaning against Seokjin. He's not entirely worried about getting sick–he'd just been sick a month ago, so the chances of him falling ill were none—but he lifts himself off his boyfriend anyways. 

 

Seokjin gives a small quirk of his lips, and his eyes shift to the direction of the kitchen. Jungkook nods. "I know. I'll help them out, and I'll be right back. Plus, you need to take another throat lozenge."

 

Taehyung emerges into the living space with a loud yawn. "How long has it been since the movie ended?"

 

"I don't know about you," Hoseok laughs. "But the movie ended four hours ago. You all fell asleep!"

 

"Why didn't you wake us?" Taehyung whines, sitting besides Seokjin. 

 

"Why not?" Hoseok replies. 

 

With an petulant grumble, Taehyung happily utters nonsense to Seokjin. 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

They're about to leave, and Taehyung's just waiting in silence for Hoseok to finish using the washroom—for God's sake, that man could stay on the toilet for ages! 

 

He stares out Seokjin's apartment window with a glass of juice in his hand, reveling in the silence that reverberated in the space. 

 

Taehyung gulps the last of his drink, quietly placing it into the sink. "Hoseok!"

 

"I'm not done yet!" A shrill cry comes a second later, and he breaks out into snickers, slowly striding to the living room to grab their things. 

 

But, Taehyung pauses as he sees Jungkook seated on the couch with Seokjin, and by the looks of it, it seems there's some sort of telepathic conversation happening between them. 

 

Well, as stupid as that may sound, he sees Jungkook's lips moving occasionally while Seokjin's expression flits and changes in return. 

 

Taehyung backs up, leaning against the doorframe as he witnesses this unfold. It's not that he's never seen Jungkook and Seokjin be vomit-inducing affectionate before, but this—this whole situation of Seokjin losing his voice brought out a pleasantly strange side in Jungkook. 

 

Seokjin's grin grows as Jungkook is giggling lightly, hands pressed against his chest, deep where his heart lies. 

 

Seokjin allows the skinship with no hesitation, and they're both at close proximity with each other. Still, with the ever deafening silence, Jungkook noses at Seokjin's flushed face, foreheads brushing. 

 

Seokjin takes one of Jungkook's hands that rest on his chest and holds it in his own, while an arm draws Jungkook closer. 

 

It's almost shameless, as if nobody's in the room. 

 

But then, Taehyung sees it all. 

 

Seokjin is mouthing 'I love you,' and brushes his lips on Jungkook's temple. 

 

Jungkook responds eagerly, pressing his own lips up on Seokjin's brow. 

 

Taehyung whirls around, almost yelling the sight of Hoseok. 'When the hell did he get here?!'

 

He's beet red at witnessing something so intimate occur between his two best friends, and it seems Hoseok is just as awestruck. They're trying to be as least disruptive as possible.

 

"They're cute." Hoseok comments, making sure not to intrude in the little moment.  

 

"Yeah..." Taehyung agrees, watching as Jungkook slowly stands, urging Seokjin to lie back again and passing him a glass of water. "But I'm cuter, right, Hobi?"

 

Hoseok snickers under his breath and gives a tight hug from behind, almost knocking Taehyung off his feet. 

 

Finally, they decide to interrupt when Jungkook's in the middle of opening another throat lozenge. 

 

"Oh? You guys are leaving now?" Jungkook says as Hoseok and Taehyung grab their bags. 

 

"Yeah, I've got some stuff to take care of at home," Hoseok sighs mournfully, and Taehyung simply nods. 

 

"Well, okay." Jungkook stands. "Thanks, Taehyung, Hobi-hyung. I appreciate it," 

 

"Must be hard taking care of the mother-hen," Taehyung murmurs, still slightly flustered when he thinks about the scene his eyes drank in not too long ago. 

 

"Not really," Is all Jungkook responds, a bright grin adorning his face. 

 

Saying their final goodbyes, Jungkook closes the door and Taehyung is left with Hoseok in the hallway. 

 

"That was so weird." Hoseok blurts out. 

 

"I know." Taehyung says, slotting his arm with Hoseok's. "I won't ever let them live this down."

 

With a mischievous smirk on his face, Taehyung pecks Hoseok's unsuspecting lips and drags him away from the apartment, enjoying Hoseok's embarrassed cries. 

 

 

_

 

 

 

"They're...gone?" Seokjin barely manages to muster as Jungkook slurps up the last of his leftover noodles. 

 

"Mmmhm." Jungkook hums, admiring the way Seokjin looks whenever he wakes up. It's refreshing. 

 

"Ah...I h-ave...Hobi..." 

 

"Hyung, you shouldn't speak." Jungkook frowns. "Just 'cos you got a bit of your voice back doesn't mean I'm gonna let you talk."

 

Seokjin chuckles dryly. In compliance, he sits up and just drinks his glass of water until it runs empty. 

 

Once Jungkook is finished, he collects the forgotten washcloth and glass, dumping them in their respective places. 

 

"Let's go to bed?" He asks with a charming smile, and Seokjin wishes he could coo at him because Jungkook is being so adorable.

 

Bounding together to the mattress, Seokjin feels at peace to just lay there, as Jungkook draws the blinds to a close. He slips under the covers and shoulders his way into Seokjin's comforting arms. 

 

"Feeling better?" Jungkook whispers, noting how Seokjin wasn't a scorching temperature compared to hours before. 

 

"Yeah," Seokjin replies even quieter, eyes already sliding shut. 

 

"Good. Love you," Jungkook murmurs, gazing at his slumbering boyfriend, pressing little kisses along his jaw before resorting to silence. 

 

"Love you too..." 

 

 

-

 

"Hello? Hoseok?"

 

"Ah! Seokjin-hyung! You're feeling better now?" Hoseok's eccentric voice exclaims. Seokjin winces, holding his cell phone further away from his ear. 

 

Seokjin's voice has now reverted to its usual mellow pitch, warm and calming and much preferred over the grating hoarse wheeze he had the day before. 

 

"I am," He confirms. "But...err, I need a favor."

 

"Sure thing, hyung! Ask away~!"

 

Seokjin chuckles, looking at Jungkook who latched himself onto Seokjin with his lower lip jutting out, cheeks flushed and cool washcloth balancing on his forehead. "Well...we're going to need your medicine again."

 

"Eh? I thought you said you were better!" Hoseok sounds completely puzzled.

 

Seokjin feels Jungkook's arm snake out from under their blanket and grabs the phone out of his hands. Seokjin watches as the younger heaves a nasty sounding cough right into the receiver, before wiping it onto his sleeve and passing it back. 

 

"What—ew! Oh my god, you got Jungkook sick!" Hoseok is frantic, and Taehyung's very loud reaction echoes in the call as well. 

 

"I thought he said he wouldn't get sick! Jungkookie was already down with a cold like, a month ago!" Taehyung's voice becomes more clearer, and it's obvious both boys are in epic disbelief. 

 

"Well," Jungkook sniffles, and leans over to talk. "I got sick again."

 

"You over-estimated your immune system, love." Seokjin adds. 

 

"Shush. They don't need to know that." Jungkook grunts, slapping a sweaty hand on Seokjin's mouth. 

 

"W-well...we'll be there soon, I guess...b-bye now!"

 

Hoseok's voice is the last thing they hear as the line goes dead right after. 

 

Seokjin guiltily looks at Jungkook, inwardly reprimanding himself because even though he got Jungkook sick, seeing the younger all shiny-eyed and wrapped in a blanket with him made the entire scene cuter than it should be. 

 

"I-I'm sorry I got you sick, Jungkookie," Seokjin apologetically rubs his cooler hands on Jungkook's hot ones, and the latter shakes his head and presses against him affectionately, sinking them into the mattress. 

 

"Don't be sorry," Jungkook sounds awfully nasal, but he can tell that there's no trace of anger in his tone. "I know what I signed up for and it's my job to take care of you, too." Boldly, he repeats himself, "So don't be sorry."

 

Seokjin sighs, and settles onto his back, only to have Jungkook cover the slightest distance between them again. 

 

"Jungkook—"

 

"You can kiss me," Jungkook states. "It's not like you'll get sick anyways."

 

Seokjin rolls his eyes. "That's all you're thinking about?"

 

"That's all I can think about when you're taking care of me."

 

A wild blush flares across the older's cheeks, and at that moment Jungkook knew that he was so whipped. 

 

"You're lucky I love you." Seokjin grumbles. 

 

Jungkook smiles, adoring and missing the doting attention that had been absent for the past couple days. 'There's nothing wrong with falling a little ill,'

 

He shuts his eyes, and lets Seokjin kiss him breathless. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: WELL THANKS FOR READING LOLOL i hope you all enjoyed...i really enjoy writing about these two honestly, the fluff is real in this one ;-; see you all next time~! (lol also, all errors are mine rip)