The Harbor

Narcos

Arriving at the Port of Busan proved more troubling than what it was cut out to be.  Security was at its prime and news reporters scattered like ants around the whole port, trying to get as much information as they could about the drug bust.

 

Kris sat in the car with Jongin as they waited for the law enforcement to take over and make everyone leave.  He was leant back in his seat, observing the view like it was a crime scene and maybe it actually was.  He wasn’t going to miss this opportunity to get some play time in his job. Besides, this beats filling out stock forms.

 

After getting the okay to get out the car, he advanced towards the port with Jongin who was talking irrationally fast about how excited he was and how he was going to go home and tell his girl about today.  However, everything his partner said flew out the door, when he noticed a lone female staring at the boat with mild curiosity. 

 

Her hands were deep in the pockets of her trench coat while she talked leisurely to the chief of Busan’s law enforcement. 

 

Whatever they were talking about, Kris noticed the chief inch closer to her for no more than a minute, before he briskly walked the opposite direction.  He left Jongin to speak to the police officers that still stood to guard the area off while he advanced to the woman.

 

“Are you allowed on site?”

 

Her head turned to the side and she smiled cautiously. “If I wasn’t, I would be in handcuffs.” She turned her head back to the cargo shipment.

 

Kris lifted his chin ever so subtly, clearly trying to ignore the fact he asked a stupid question. “Why are you here then?”

 

“Now, officer,” she smiled pleasantly, and cautiously once again which peaked Kris’ interest, “If I were you, I would be worried about more important matters.” Her tone laced with venom and he felt the hairs on his skin rise. “We could be here for the same reason or different, it doesn’t matter.”

 

Kris clicked his tongue as he stood beside her. “Protocol says, you need to identify yourself.”

 

The woman chuckled to herself and glanced at him before she turned to leave the scene.

 

He was mad. This lady managed to embarrass him in under five minutes and she still refused to give up any information about herself.  Aside from all that, she was just down right shady.  And if he did not decide to minor in micro expression, he would have just thought that this was a bystander or nosy news reporter, but she seemed way too composed to be either of his first impressions.  So, while he watched her leave, he glanced at Jongin who had observed the small conversation. 

 

They both had the same idea.