Chapter 1

Wings and Diamond

Bom pants as she loads a heavy box into the car. She never notice she had so many fantasy books until she places them into the box. Bom curses slowly regretting for not following her father's advice last week when he said that she should have let him sent all her books to their new house. But being a stubborn girl she is, she didn't let him took the books saying that she might get bored without anything to read. Not that she doesn't know they can read from the internet but hey having to read from real books and from a device bring different feelings so she prefer the former. 

"Is this all bommie?" Jaejoong asks as he comes out from the house bringing a box heavier than the one before.Bom nods at her bestfriend.She waits patiently for him to put the last box inside the car.

"Wow,I thought there's a lot more" He chuckles. Bom pouts while playing with her fingers feeling sorry because he has to lift a heavy box but Jaejoong insisted that it's fine.

"Dad already moved the other things with his friend last week so there's not a lot to bring today"

"Hmm..not a lot eh?" Jaejoong acts like he's thinking. Bom pouts again knowing that he's trying to annoy her.

"Shut up jae" 

He laughs seeing her pout. "I'm gonna miss your pout bommie" 

I'm gonna miss you.

Not that Jaejoong would say that aloud.He has been keeping his feeling for her to himself. He still doesn't have the gut to confess his feeling afraid that she will not have the same feeling as him.

"Yeah yeah.Whatever" She rolls her eyes but still smiling at him after that. "I'm gonna miss your stupid teasing" She stick he tongue out at him.They continue teasing each other until her father,Teddy Park calls out for her.

"Guess I'll be going now" She says sadly, stepping forward and collects Jaejoong into her embrace. Jaejoong has treat her nicely from the first time she stepped into their new school and until now she feels grateful for having a bestfriend like him. He replies with a tight hug and breathes in her scent, he notices that she always smells like cherry everytime they sat together.

"I'll visit you sometime" She adds smiling before breaking the hug but Jaejoong is quick to hold her wrist not ready to let go of her just yet.

"Bom.I want to say something" 

She frowns seeing his serious expression.She nods waiting for him to talk but Jaejoong stays quiet. He thinks of a better way to confess his feelings. He heaves a deep sigh.

I like you.

"I'll be waiting for pictures of your new house!" He grins.Bom smacks his hands thinking he will say something serious.

"Brat" She mutters. "You scared me there"

Jaejoong gives her a fake smile.

"Bye Jae!"

She waves her hand at him when she's already inside the car.He also waves his hand.He stays at the spot watching until the car dissapears from his sight.He sighs and looks down.

-------------

Bom watches her friend from the side mirror until he dissapears from her sight. She sighs. Jaejoong is really a good friend. He's the only one who never look at her as a weird person. Bom feels sad thinking that she will never get friends like him at the new place.

"You ok dear?" Teddy looks at her feeling worried seeing her quiet. He notices that she has been quiet when they are already far from their house.

"I'm ok dad.I'm just sad leaving our house and my bestfriend" She says while playing with the hem of her white shirt. She always been honest when relying her feeling whether she's happy, sad or angry just like her mother.He likes this side of her, atleast he knows what's going on inside Bom's mind so that he will not have to figure anything.Teddy pats her head with his right hand.

"Don't be sad.I'll promise you're gonna love the new place and making new friends.People there are friendly actually.I bet you will like them" He smiles trying to cheer her up. Bom replies him with a small smile. The trip takes about 1 hour so she decided to take a nap.Teddy smiles seeing his daugther sleeping peacefully.

I'm sorry Bom. 

There's a slight regret inside his heart but he shakes his head trying to ignore the feeling and focusing on the road ahead.

---------

Bom wakes up and yawn before looking outside the window.The car moves up a hill.

"Is it still far?" She asks her father while still looking outside the window. The scenery is really beautiful she kinds of like it.

"No dear.We will arrive in 5 minutes" 

They are currently drive through the road surrounding by trees on the left and right.She opens the window trying to feel the cool breeze.

Wow.He's not joking when saying we're staying in a forest. 

Still she didn't complained when her father suggested this kind of place.After a few minutes,she can finally see a big wooden house when they are nearing it. She can see a woman sweeping the ground and there's a bundle of leaves beside her. The woman looks up and wave at them. Bom smiles as she recognizes her. It's her aunt.

"Aunt Mary!" Bom jumps out from the car and runs toward her. Her aunt happily welcoming her in a tight hug. Aunt Mary is her mother's youngest sister. She didn't know her mother looks like because her father said her mother died after giving birth to her. He also said her mother and Aunt Mary kind of look alike so Bom treats her like her own mother. Not that Aunt Mary mind. She loves Bom very much and treats her like her own daughter because she doesn't have a child yet. She always hope that God will bless her with a kind daughter or son like Bom.

"Hello there pumpkin.I miss you" She smiles while caressing Bom's face.

"I miss you too! What are you doing here?"

"Your father told me you guys are moving here so I thought it will be nice to pay a visit and lend a hand" She smiles. "Why? You're not happy to see me?" She jokes knowing that Bom is just worried for her.

"Of course I'm happy.But I never thought you'll come from afar"

"I'll do anything to see my favourite girl" She smiles. "But I'll be here only until tomorrow then my husband will fetch me. He wants to see you but he's kind of busy today" She says. 

" That's ok. I can meet him tomorrow" Bom says cheerfully. 

"Bom,help me unload these things" Teddy calls out.

"Ok dad" 

After arranging all the things inside their new house they decided to take a rest and have some meal her aunt had brought.They sit there for awhile engaging in some talking but mostly between the elders.Bom just sits there listening to them attentively.Their talk mostly evovle around their work so Bom gets bored pretty easily.She looks around trying to find something interesting to do.Eventually,her gaze moves to the forest behind their house where she can see from the net of the kitchen's door.

"I'm going outside for awhile to look around" She announces while getting up.

"Ok Bommie.Don't go too far away" says Mary.

----------

Bom closes the kitchen door as she walks out from the house. She can hear the sound of water flowing from distant. She feels curious to know where's the sound coming from but she's afraid to make a move. She might get into trouble with her father if she goes far away from their sight.She looks back inside the house seeing he father and Aunt Mary still busy talking. Bom cannot contain her curiousity and decided to follow the sound. She sometimes look back inside the house incase her father is watching. Making her father mad is the last thing she wants to happen. Although she's already age up enough to take care of herself but her father still treat her like a little girl and being the only child in her family doesn't help her free from her father's watch.

The walk is a little bit hard for her because there's a lot of tree branches that hinder her from moving but that doesn't stop her to continue her searching.The trip take less than 5 minutes and she finally find the source of the sound. It is a river. Bom feels excited and scared at the same time. She never been to a river before so she's happy to find one. She nears the river to see whether it is deep or not. Bom finds the river not too deep for her so she decided to dips her legs into the water. Bom carefully finds a rock to sit on. She sits comfortably on a rock with a flat surface before taking out both of her shoes. She places them beside her before carefully dipping her toe to test the water but quickly taking it out.

It's cold!

She bits her lower lips to hide her grin. The cold water excites her. She slowly dips both of her legs into the water. After getting used to the temperature,she moves her legs making circle inside the water. Bom looks around feeling contained. Never she thought living in this kind of place can make her feels calm. She heaves a sigh enjoying the sounds of the water flow. The calmness doesn't last long as she heard bustling of the leaves making her jolt up and turns around. She swallows nervously seeing the bushes moving. She's having a bad feeling about this. What happen if she's to meet tiger or bear here in this forest. She doesn't want to die in a young age and to add her father is not here beside her? The bushes keeps on moving non-stop and she also hears the sound of twigs snapping.

"D-Dad, is that y-you?" She stutters. Her lips trembling in fear not because she's afraid his father will find her. She rather it be him. She panics not hearing any reply from him. Bom looks around trying to find smaller rock she could use as weapon. She quickly grabs a rock the size of her palm with sharp edges then straighten her body. She's ready to attack whoever or whatever the intruder is.

I'm not gonna die without fighting! 

She determines. Bom waits for the intruder comes out from the bush. She grips on the rock tightly waiting for the outcome. Suddenly she could see a white thing comes out from the bush. Bom shuts her eyes and swings her hand forward waiting for an impact. It takes her a second to realize that she was hitting nothing but the air. Slowly, she opens her eyes to look infront of her. All she can see is a fluffy, white cat. She opens her entire eyes and heaves a sigh before putting her hand down to her side. Suddenly the cat stares at her. It has beautiful eyes of different colours. The right one is blue while the other one is green.

"Hi! " Bom holds up her right hand to wave at it but she forgets to throw the rock away. The cat stays in it stance in fear before running away. Bom realizes her mistake then shouting out wait! but the cat already jumps back into the bushes. She quickly wears her shoes before running after the cat. She uses the same road the first time she went here and quickly spots the cat on her far left. The cat notices her presence and it stares at her. Bom stays at her place afraid that the cat will run again. Before she can move, the cat already walks away making her pout. Suddenly,to her suprise,the cat stops walking then looks back at her. It meows at her like signalling her to follow. Bom hesitates at first before taking a small step making sure that the cat really wants her to follow. When she is sure that the cat is waiting for her, Bom fasten her pace. The cat continue to walk and once in a while looking back at her. Bom keep on looking at the cat while walking slowly behind it. The cat stop walking and meowing at her again before looking infront. She nears the cat and lookin up.

Her eyes open wide as she sees the humongous dark tree infront of her. The tree doesn't have any leaves. Never she sees this kind of tree before.

"Meow!" 

Bom looks down at the cat that is already sitting infront of a-

Door?

She rubs her eyes thinking that she might be seeing thing but when she opens her eyes, it is indeed a door which is smaller than her size but a little bigger than the cat. The cat meows again making her squats down infront of the door.

"Is this your house?" She asks and the cat meows. It looks back and forth between her and the door like signalling her to open the door. Bom bits her lower lips. She feels curious of how can this tree have a door. It's impossible for human to live in here because she's sure that she will never fits through the door. Bom moves to open the door when-

"Bom! Where are you?" She hears her father's voice calling out for her. Bom looks back and seeing his father already coming her way but she doesn't move from her spot. She's still looking at him until he's already infront of her.

"What are you doing down there?" 

Bom gets up and stands infront of him with a sheepish smile.

"I was playing with this white cat. It was so beautiful and can you see this big tree? It has a door. Look! " Bom points to behind her while still looking at her father with a big smile. Teddy looks behind her and frowns.

"What do you mean a white cat and a big tree? I don't see anything" He says. Bom pouts thinking that how can he not see the freaking big tree.

"Why are you saying like that?The cat and the tree is-"

She looks behind her.

"-here" To her dismay there is no white cat nor the big dark tree. She looks around searching frantically for the cat and the tree. "But,but...It was here! I was playing talking with the cat,a-and there's this big,no,humoungous tree with a small door attached to it"

Her father suddenly chuckles.

"You and your imagination Bom. My daughter is so cute and innocent" He reachs out his hand to pat her head but she moves away.

"But dad! I swear those things were here" She tries to reason but Teddy shakes her head.

"Enough Bom.Let's go before it's getting dark.Aunt Mary already cooked meal for us" He smiles and takes her hand. Bom scoffs lightly feeling angry at him for not believing what she said but she stays quiet and follows him home. When they arrive, Bom stops walking but her hand still attach to him. 

"What's wrong dear?"

"Are you mad at me dad?" She looks up at him with teary eyes. During the walk back home, her father didn't utter a single word so Bom conlude that he was mad at her for going far away from his sight. Teddy heaves a sigh making her flinch. Suprisingly, he breaks out into a smile.

"No, I'm not mad at you dear. What made you said that?"

"I went far away when I should stay near your sight.So I thought you're mad at me" She says while looking down. Teddy pulls her into a hug and she rest her head on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry for making you feel like that Bom. It's fine for me if you want to walk around this place. You're already a grown up so I can't stop you to do whatever you want anymore" He caresses her head. Bom looks up hearing his words. It shocks her to hear him saying things like that. Usually her father will get mad if she's going somewhere witout his consent.

"Does that mean you're not mad at me and I can go there again?" Her eyes sparkles waiting for his approval. She fell inlove with this place especially the river. It is her favourite place.

"I'm not mad at you and you can go there again but promise me one thing" He says while holding her face with his both hands. "Make sure to stay safe.I lose your mom and I can't bear to lose you too" Teddy reminds her and it does the trick as Bom's smile frims up and she hugs him once again.

"I promise" She smiles. They enter the house together but Bom turns her head to look back at the forest thinking that she will definitely goes back to that place. She's sure that the cat and the tree are there.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N :

Sorry for the late update. There's lot of work to settle and I just got the opportunity to upload the first chapter today.