Chapter 1

Beauty?Beast? I'm Both.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Looking through the slightly opened window of her car,  Sohee smiled when the view of her new house was getting clearer and indicating that she was just one step away from a place she could consider as her own home. The house or should she say the mansion was one of her late father's properties. After the horrible incident that took her parent's life, Sohee was raised by her aunt Hyun. Her aunt was a widow with no child so she practically treated Sohee like her own daughter.

But years went on and now Sohee is a full-grown adult,  so she decided to move out from her aunt's house and live her own life. Even though her aunt was against her decision at first but she eventually gave up and reluctantly agreed to Sohee's request. Growing up to be a very beautiful girl, Sohee's life wasn't like what you all would imagine.  Her parents got killed by some unknown kidnappers who broke into her house to kidnap the young her.  For weeks she kept getting nightmares of how her parents were brutally killed in front of her own eyes when she was just 5 years old. Unfortunately, until now the killers were not found yet, it was as if they disappeared without a trace. The police were conflicted on the bizarre case and worked hard to find the killers but their efforts were to no avail. 

After her aunt took her in, Sohee tried to begin a new chapter in life. However, everything didn't go as nicely as she wished. Firstly, she got bullied by her schoolmates for being an orphan and also for being a beauty. Who would have thought that being gifted in looks could be a subject of bullying? Well that was what happened to the poor girl. They said she was fake and accused her of getting plastic surgery to look the way she was. Sohee however persevered through all the harsh comments thrown at her because she thought it was useless and a waste of time to spend on those lowlifes who only know to pick on people. At the age of 15, Sohee was the perfect definition of beauty and that seemed to make some of her friends jealous. Some of her friends left her because their boyfriends were secretly crushing on her. Seriously was everything that happened was her fault? We can't avoid having feelings for different gender, can we? Especially when they are good-looking as hell.

While thinking back on everything that happened, she kept on blaming her beauty. Why was she born with this face? Because of this face, her parents died. Because of this face, her friends leave her. Everyone despised and hated her. She thinks life was unfair to take everything she loves away from her. Sometimes she dreamed of having a happy family but it doesn't seem like life wanted her to be happy. Unfortunately, she didn't know what the future has in store for her. She just hopes that this time it would be full of blessings and not misfortunes.

"  Young lady,  we have arrived." Sohee's chauffeur husky voice brought her back from her flashbacks. The tough-looking man got down from the car and opened the door for her. I forgot to tell you that Sohee's father was a successful billionaire. After his death, all of his wealth was managed by her aunt but now that sohee is finally 18 years old, all of his father's wealth was given back to her. Meanwhile, his dad's company will be under her aunt's name until Sohee is 25 years old. 

Sohee got down from the vehicle and sighed in pleasure. She breathed in and out. The mansion was located a bit far from the city and maybe this is why the air here feels very fresh and clean. Unlike the polluted city. She looked at the mansion in front of her smiled. This is where she will be living in from now on.  The mansion had a little baroque feel and it emits a sophisticated vibe.

Sohee walked inside and looked in awe at all the decorations and the furniture in the mansion. All the furniture was new and was bought by her own aunt. She also personally decorated the entire house with the help of some maids. Sohee smiled at her aunt's classy taste and went upstairs. She already felt sad for leaving her aunt alone at her humongous mansion.

Flipping opened every door on the second floor, she had counted that there were 6 single bedrooms and one master bedroom. There was also an empty room at the end of the floor. She probably will turn the room into a game room as she is a hardcore gamer. 

As she wanted to go up to the third floor, her chauffeur came up with her luggage. " Young lady,  may I ask you where is your bedroom? I want to put your luggage inside your room to make it easier for you to unpack. " he bowed slightly and smiled politely at her. 

" It is the second room from here. " Sohee pointed to her right. 

" Thank you, young lady. Also, do you want me to help you unpack your clothes while you observe the house? " His question made her choked up on her saliva.

" N-no I can handle it myself." Sohee blushed while thinking about what if he helps her unpack her clothes and come through her underwear though. Urghh!  Sometimes the servant can be too dense. No one touches her underwear!

" Alright then. Excuse me. " He bowed and went to her room to send the luggage away. Sohee sighed and continued her journey upstairs. She found that there are a library, a recreation room,  a movie room, and a room filled with first aid kits and some medicines. Her late father was seriously crazy rich, who would build a movie room in a house really? Oh. The rich folks did.

After a few minutes browsing through the medicines, she decided to start unpacking her clothes. She entered her bedroom and sighed before plopping herself on the bed. Sohee's legs were getting a bit sore because of the small walk she did while observing the mansion.  She sat there for a few minutes just staring at the caramel color of her ceiling until her telephone rang. She grabbed it and sighed when the c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter