Prologue

Escape from Neverland

3 Years ago

‘‘Well’’ a tall, thin and really ugly man said ‘‘May I have everyone’s attention please ’’  

Nobody paid attention as he looked like a tiny nail in front of such a large crowd

‘‘Please if you may honor me with your attention’’ He screamed louder this time. The crowd that was in front of him went silent, he cleaned his sweat with a handkerchief and tapped his feet on the wooden stage where he was standing.  

‘‘Thank you. Well as you may all know we are all here to talk about the special matter that concerns pretty much all of us. ’’

‘‘For the past 2 years, the whole town has been dealing with strange child disappearances’’

‘‘Or more like kidnappings! ’’ A man in the crowd shouted, gaining the cheers and approval of others

‘‘ Yes, exactly, this cases have been extremely hard to solve, so apart from working on it, the minister for security has decided to establish some rules, so we can prevent these tragedies. This rules must be strictly followed; now we aren't saying this will surely stop anything since we are dealing with a dangerous group that we haven’t yet identified, but if we follow them, we can prevent the huge number of cases we have had until now.’’

‘‘Overall you have to trust that we will find the truth and bring the kids safe, but we have to work as a community, meaning for this period you will have to be patient and try to have as many precautions as possible. ’’

Comments arose quickly, complains could be heard while people grew more hostile of the man.

‘‘Please, just let me say the rules, they are important for your kids safety ’’

Half of the people calmed down, enough for him to start speaking again.

‘‘First, absolutely no child is allowed to be outside of their respective home after 9:30 PM, and will only leave after 7:30 AM,                                                                                                                                                                                        

Second, the doors and windows in every home must be closed and locked at night until its past 7 AM,                             

Third, we trust parents in the obligation of knowing where your children are, what they are doing and with whom.           

Fourth, every child who is younger than sixteen must be guarded and supervised at all times with an adult who is a relative of the family, we would appreciate if these were only parents or blood related family.                                             

Lastly, everything that you may or not consider to be important to the case needs to be discussed with the police department, if not, we have expensive fines that might…encourage you.  ’’ The man said, gazing at the eyes of every couple that stood on the first row, including a young girl. 

‘‘Other types of precautions can be found in these papers we will be giving to each one of you.For any type of complain that you might have, our offices are open to discuss, Goodbye and thank you.  ’’ And with that he quickly jumped to a car and left, probably afraid of may happen if he stayed longer.

Hye Min still remembers being part of that crowd, back when she was a young and she thought Peter was a mythology, a insane tale that adults used to try and control the wild children.

How wrong she had been.