Last

Chrysanthemums

tumblr_n6eenw4X1i1qzh5sno2_250.gif

Image result for divider transparent

[ 15 Sep, Tuesday // 6.46 P.M. ]

"Hello?"

"Hey, are you free tonight?"

"I should be. Why do you ask?"

"How about dinner together?"

"I guess it should be fine."

"Great. I'll meet you at the same restaurant we'd been before. Around 10 minutes time."

"Alright."

Kyungsoo hangs up the phone call and shoves his phone inside his pocket. Sehun had called him just now and he had already expected it. They've both been hanging out a lot lately. Having quick lunch breaks with one another during work and even walking back home together at times.

"What a strange guy."

Kyungsoo sighs and tends to his flowers.

 

--

 

It's already 7.00 P.M. that Kyungsoo was found outside of the restaurant they planned to meet up. He shuffled around with his feet while waiting for Sehun.

"Where is this guy?"

He was nearly close to walking inside the restaurant by himself when Sehun came running up to him.

"Sorry! I'm so sorry, I'm late! I just got off of work." He apologizes and tries to regain his breath.

"Took you long enough."

Kyungsoo ticks and walks inside anyways. Sehun smiles at the older man's attitude and chases after him.

"Shall we order the usual?" Sehun asks and Kyungsoo nods.

As soon as they were done ordering their food, they got right to talking about their day.

"This co-worker of mine. Sheesh. Such a nuisance. He can't stop blabbering about how his wife wishes to have triplets when he wants quadruplets instead." Sehun groans and Kyungsoo laughs hysterically.

"Why don't you tell him how you feel about it?" Sehun shakes his head in disapproval and smiles.

"He'd tell me to go myself." Kyungsoo and Sehun laughed loudly, making the people nearby turn their heads to the both of them.

"I think it's better if you don't then."

"Exactly."

The night goes smoothly and by the time they were done talking, they were already standing outside.

"Where to now?" Sehun questions, eyeing the short guy beside him.

"Home."

Kyungsoo casually says and buttons his coat up but Sehun had other ideas.

"Come on, the night's still young! Let's go have some fun!"

Kyungsoo only stares at Sehun as he squeals. Somewhat resembling of an excited puppy.

"Okay... But you know I have work tomorrow."

"Me too. But that shouldn't matter- Ah! I know the perfect place to go!" Sehun cheers and pulls on Kyungsoo's arm, leading the poor boy to an unknown destination.

 

--

 

"Sehun, where the hell are we at?"

"I call this my playground!"

"What the hell- This is a freaking dumpster!!"

"No. My playground!"

His eyes turn to slits as he stares immensely at him. "Your playground? What have you been doing in such a place?"

"Play. What else?"

"You're acting like a kid."

"I've always been, Kyungsoo."

"But you've never been like this in front of me, until now that is." Kyungsoo says and crosses his arms over his torso.

"Well, that's because I'm close to you. And I show this side of me to special people only."

"Special?"

"Yeah. For instance, you."

Kyungsoo immediately blushes a shade of deep red as he hears those words.

"Hey, come sit here." Sehun pats the space beside him and Kyungsoo looks at him, baffled and ready to slap the out of him.

"Are you crazy?! You expect me to seat on a tall pile of trash beside you?!" He yells and Sehun chuckles lowly.

"If it helps, I'll carry you up here."

Kyungsoo turns even redder than before (if that was possible) and flares his hands up in the air. "Forget it. I'll do it on my own."

Kyungsoo starts to climb his way to Sehun. "Why the hell did he even choose to sit on this?"

Kyungsoo hisses and before he could say anything else, Kyungsoo had lost his balance and is practically flying mid air now.

"Wo-Ah!"

Kyungsoo thought he was going to die of falling down from this pile of trash but then he feels something warm wrap around his waist and hoist his body up carefully.

"Dying due to a tragic fall of death from a pile of trash in a junkyard is sad, honestly." Sehun whispers into his ear, his hot breath tickling Kyungsoo's earlobe.

"W-Well, it's your fault to begin with! Let me go!"

Kyungsoo throws lousy punches to his chest and Sehun winces slightly.

"Hey, if you continue to punch me like that. We're both gonna die tragically."

Kyungsoo had finally stopped with his angry fit and stays still in Sehun's arms as he carries him to the top of the pile.

" you, Sehun. I could have done this myself."

"I didn't think so though."

" you!"

He plops Kyungsoo down on his spot and they both start to relax. "Oh my god." Kyungsoo gasps in astonishment as he scans his surroundings. The scenery was beautiful. He could see the whole city from up here. From the people walking on the busy streets, to the cafe doors opening for hungry guests and the cars honking behind each other. "Sure is beautiful huh?" Sehun smiles and pulls out a snack from his pocket. "Want one?" He shoves a Skittles packet to his way and Kyungsoo dives in for one. "Thanks." They both eat in silence when Kyungsoo decides to interrupt the peace. "Why did you bring me here?"

"To have fun, didn't I say so?"

"There has to be a better reason than that. I know you wouldn't bring me to such a place just to have fun."

"What do you mean? I have brought you to such places like these!"

"Oh yeah, definitely. Like the last time, you brought me to a strip club. Does that seem any similar?"

"Okay. Fine. You got me."

Sehun sits up straight and glances at his way. "I needed to talk to you about some things." Kyungsoo's heartbeat quickens as Sehun clears his throat. "I have to confess." Kyungsoo's eyes widen and his pulse accelerates at maximum speed. "C-Confess what?"

"I like you, Kyungsoo."

Kyungsoo's mouth turns into a huge 'O' as those words came flying out of Sehun's lips. "I like you a lot. I really do."

"Sehun-"

"I know we've talked about it. About your past relationship with your ex boyfriend and how you don't want to fall in love again. And I swear, I never intended to actually like you. It just-you know. It just naturally happened." Sehun gazes into Kyungsoo's eyes and bores into them. Kyungsoo's heart clenches as he realizes how serious Sehun was. Sehun loves him. But, does Kyungsoo love him back?

"Honestly, I don't expect an immediate answer from you. I mean, the least you could do is not leave me hanging." Sehun laughs dryly and Kyungsoo balls his hands into a pair of fists. "Sehun. I-."

He can't say it.

He wants to say it but he can't.

Something was pulling him back.

Something from the past.

Something like... Kim Jongin.

"I have to go." Kyungsoo slides down from the pile and runs his way to home, leaving Sehun all alone, just like at the bar.

". My. Life."

Image result for divider transparent

[ 17 Oct, Wednesday // 9.00 P.M. ]

It's been more than a month since that incident happened. Kyungsoo kept reminding himself that it was nothing big and it should be easy to take matters into his own hands. But every single time he does so, he always yet fails.

"Why can't I forget about him?!"

Kyungsoo yells and throws his book aside. He was in his living room trying to read a book when that awful memory came to haunt him back again.

"It's not like I like him right?!"

Kyungsoo halts in his steps and moves back slowly.

"No. I don't like him. Kyungsoo, you do not like him."

He assures himself and slaps his face numerous of times to have him sink in the information.

"You don't like him. You don't! You do not!"

"Yeah, you do."

A familiar voice booms into his ear and he spins around to see a man.

Not just any man.

But the man he despises the most.

"What the hell are you doing in here? This is my house."

"Yeah, we used to live in here together before you kicked me out. Furthermore, you also never took back the spare key you gave from me."

He plainly says and moves to stand in front of him.

"Why are you here? Get out." His tone was thick and menacing but Jongin only laughs.

"Still very cute, Kyungsoo."

"Shut the up. What do you want?"

"I just came here to take my old stuff back that I left behind."

"It's in the closet."

"Thanks." Jongin proceeds to Kyungsoo's bedroom and rummages around in the closet.

"So, Kyungsoo, what have you been getting yourself into lately?"

Jongin tries to start small talk with him but Kyungsoo's aware he wasn't stupid enough to fall for his silly tricks no more.

"None of your business."

The sounds of his rummaging stopped and were replaced by his piercing words.

"Oh yeah. That's right. It hasn't been any of my concern since I dumped you for a girl. Not to mention, a girl you knew very well of."

Kyungsoo's heart shatters as Jongin was finally done with finding his things and brings himself out of the room.

"Thanks for rubbing more salt onto my-already-terrible wound."

"My pleasure, Kyungsoo. And if you need anything else, you can always find me at my new home with my beloved girlfriend."

Jongin smirks and Kyungsoo looks up at him.

"What are you trying to get with here? Make a fool out of me?"

"Hm. Not just only that but really, move on, Kyungsoo."

Jongin roughly puts his stuff down onto the dining table and glares at him.

"You need to stop caring for me. Wasn't it your choice to break up with me in the first place? So why are you still dwelling on whether I'll actually come back to you? For 's sake, I won't. You, of all people should know that the most."

Jongin spits out his words Iike fire and Kyungsoo stands there, his pride deflating like a popped balloon.

"Move on, Kyungsoo. Find somebody else to care about instead of someone who's broken your heart into a million ing pieces that night."

He resumes to pick up his stuff then walks to the entrance.

"Oh. By the way, I never liked chrysanthemums to begin with. Roses were always my favorite."

As Kyungsoo heard his last words, the door was slammed shut.

"Rot in hell. You ing rat. Rot in hell!!!" Kyungsoo screams out loud and draws on the strands of his hair forcefully.

"Out of all times, why must this happen now?!" Kyungsoo cries and decides to sit down on the couch.

He blankly stares at nothing when an idea came through.

"If I can't fix one thing, I can always fix the other."

He picks up the house phone and contacts the only number he's confident will answer anytime.

"If you don't pick up at a moment like this, I will-"

"Hello?"

Image result for divider transparent

"Wow. That's what happened?"

Chanyeol asks as he takes another sip of his coffee.

"Basically, yeah."

Kyungsoo and Chanyeol were hanging around inside a cafe they'd use to always go to before Chanyeol got himself busy with another lover as well. Not that they were dating or anything but Kyungsoo did had some feelings for the giant, enthusiastic male sitting in front of him.

"He's been turning into such a jackass. I don't think I know Jongin anymore."

He huffs a breath and leans on the spine of his chair.

"Me neither. He's changed so much. And how could he blame me for everything when he was the one who ing cheated on me."

Kyungsoo's blood was boiling in him and Chanyeol softly grabs onto his arm.

"Calm down, Kyungsoo. You can solve this. I have faith." Chanyeol gives him a wink and Kyungsoo rolls his eyes half-heartedly.

"Getting back to the topic, did you say you had found somebody... interesting?" Chanyeol bites back a laugh as he amuses himself with Kyungsoo's reaction.

Kyungsoo's face had turned pink fiercely by his unforeseen question and even watched him went to the extent of placing his hands up to his cheeks, hiding them from anyone else.

"Y-Yeah. But he's not all so interesting-"

"Really? If he wasn't, how could he make you blush that madly just by the mention of him. And not even his name yet."

Kyungsoo swats Chanyeol on his forearm and he releases a roaring sound of laughter.

"Please, just get to the point here." Kyungsoo begs and Chanyeol stops laughing.

"Okay. My point is, do you like him?"

Kyungsoo pauses for a second before he replies his question.

"I'm still wary of my feelings for him."

Chanyeol raises his hands in infuriation and points a finger at him. "Can you really say that now? Take a look at yourself! Look at how red your face is! It looks like a freaking tomato just gave birth to another tomato!"

Kyungsoo touches his cheeks in reflex again and that made Chanyeol laugh even harder.

"You are so in love with him, just admit it, Kyungsoo. There's nothing to hold back now."

Kyungsoo looks at Chanyeol before he turns away.

"But, Chanyeol, it's been more than a month since he's confessed to me. Would he still like him?"

"Kyungsoo, anything is possible."

Chanyeol places his phone onto the table and shoves it to Kyungsoo slowly. "Call him and tell him to meet up with you somewhere." Kyungsoo starts to tremble as his eyes widen. "Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure. Just do it. Come on."

Kyungsoo picks up the phone anxiously and dials his number. After awhile, the line gets attached to him.

"Hello?"

"It's me. Meet me at the park near my flower shop."

"What for-"

"Please. I need to explain about everything."

In the peripheral view of Kyungsoo's eyes, he could see Chanyeol giving him a thumbs up. Kyungsoo chuckles at his friend's quirkiness and mouths a thanks in return.

Image result for divider transparent

"So, we meet at last."

Sehun mentions coldly and Kyungsoo whimpers at the sound of his tone.

"Please, let me explain." Sehun doesn't reply anything at first but finally answers,

"Alright. I'm all ears."

They were both standing on a small bridge centered in the middle of the park.

"First, I'm sorry for not texting, calling or even meeting up with you for the past one month. I've just been thinking a lot lately."

"Second, I'm sorry I left you like that at the junkyard. I was so ing stupid to do such a thing. I'm sure you've already had bad impressions on me since."

"Third, I'm sorry to call you through my friend's phone. It happened during the heat of the moment." Kyungsoo lets everything out and he could feel the weight on his shoulders be lifted. "Is that all you have to say?" Sehun questions, his voice dripping with doubt. "Um-"

"Okay, I know what you're going to say."

Kyungsoo gulps the lump in his throat, not prepared for what he has to say.

"You're here to reject me. Isn't that right?"

"Wh-What?"

"You're here to tell me that you've given up on me?"

"No! Sehun! That's not it at all!"

"Then you're here to tell me that you're still in love with your ex and that you want to continue chasing after him."

"Sehun! Shut the up! All of that is bull! What are you thinking?!"

"The one I love is you, Oh Sehun."

"You're the only ONE I love!"

Because of the erupting anger that's been bottled up inside of him, Kyungsoo punches Sehun violently till he was almost toppling over the edge of the bridge. Before he could at least throw one more punch at him, Sehun pulls Kyungsoo into his arms and they both fall into the cold waters.

"Sehun!!" Kyungsoo yells as soon as his head is at the surface of the water.

"Sehun! Where are you?!" Kyungsoo frantically calls out for him and tries to find him.

Suddenly, a small wave of water rides onto Kyungsoo's face as Sehun jumps out from beneath, his blonde hair drenched.

"What the hell, Sehun?! What was that for?!" Kyungsoo scolds him and throws a big splash of water at his face.

"Hey, I'll drown if you don't stop." Kyungsoo doesn't stop though.

"Enough!" Sehun grabs hold of his wrist tightly and pushes himself against Kyungsoo's soaked body.

"Stop it. You're going to drown with me as well if you don't stop."

He drills his gaze into Kyungsoo's and Kyungsoo instantly feels small under him.

"I'm sorry." Sehun loosens his grip on him and pushes aside his wet bangs from his eyes.

"I didn't believe you'd actually scream that you loved me."

Sehun giggles a little and Kyungsoo slaps his cheek.

"Shut up. You were the one who made me say it."

"It was for your own good anyway." Sehun sticks his tongue out and Kyungsoo scowls at him.

"Let me hear it again though. Say you love me."

"W-What?"

"Say it."

"I-I lo-ve you..."

"Louder."

"I l-love you."

"You can do much better than that, baby."

"I love you!"

By the time, Kyungsoo was able to say it clearly, Sehun was only inches away from him.

"Heh. I love you too."

And the best feeling ever happened. Sehun's soft lips were locked with Kyungsoo's in a burning passionate kiss. Their lips moved in sync. It was as though they didn't need to say anything and that they understood each other completely. That was the warmth he felt from Sehun. The warmth of their love. At first, none of this would have happened. Kyungsoo thought to himself but he guessed fate had much better plans for him. And this was one of them. To come across a beautiful man. The one he loves. The one he wants to be with forever.

This was the man that has changed his entire life from dull to bright.

The man who made the foreign feelings feel common to him.

And the man who had his heart be whisked away by (not really a few sadly) lots of words.

His name was Oh Sehun.

THE END


author's note;

thank you guys so much for reading this!! i truly had lots of fun writing it and it would be amazing if you guys voted for this story. i'd be especially honoured.

until next time, bye!! :)