First

Chrysanthemums

Image result for divider transparent

[ 31 Aug, Saturday // 10.32 A.M. ]

Kyungsoo was busy tending to the chrysanthemums when he hears the door creak open.

"Hello?"

A voice bellows into the flower shop and he immediately places his watering can down.

"Coming! Just give me a minute!"

He frantically attempts to clean up the mess he made before the man could reach him but it was already too late.

"Am I disturbing you?" He hesitantly asks and Kyungsoo could sense the shakiness in his tone.

"Oh no. I was in the middle of only cleaning up."

He brushes away the dusts on his apron and looks up at him.

"Hi. I'm here to deliver a package for Do Kyungsoo." He eyes down at him and beams brightly.

Kyungsoo's breath hitches when he first fixated his eyes on him.

Oh my.

What beautiful blonde hair.

He thought to himself and stares at it intently.

His hair was disheveled and seemed velvety to the touch. The strands of his hair twirling around one another like in a dance of heated tango. And his sideburns were cut crisp, having them fashionably slick and clean. He hadn't paid attention to anything the man had said earlier as he continues to admire his hair.

"Um. Could you possibly be him?" The man questions rather awkwardly.

Kyungsoo flinches in his spot when the man's words resonate loudly into his ear and he shakes his head furiously.

"Sorry. Yes. I'm Do Kyungsoo." He apologizes and rubs the back of his neck nervously.

"It's fine." He laughs and hands Kyungsoo the box.

"You should have everything you need inside there but if anything was missed, you can always contact us." Kyungsoo nods his head in understanding and views him once more.

If not focusing while talking to him was bad enough, this was even worse. His orbs were piercing into Kyungsoo's, trapping him in an enclosed room of his intense gaze.

He shifts uncomfortably in his stance and waves a hand at him.

"T-Thanks for the package." . He stuttered!

"You're welcome." He says while smiling again and turns his body to the exit.

"I'll be going now so have a good day, Mr. Kyungsoo." His back was walking halfway up to the door when he aprubtly stops and narrows his eyes at him.

"My favorite flowers are chrysanthemums by the way."

With that, the door shut closed. And Kyungsoo felt the puff of cold air which had entered the room in a strong gush.

"What? Why did he say such a thing?"

He was left confused and stands there alone.

Would he be able to meet him again? Most probably not.

Nothing interesting happens in here.

It was definitely just going to be like usual.

Image result for divider transparent

[ 4 Sep, Monday // 4.50 P.M. ]

"It's almost closing time." Kyungsoo huffs out loud as he stares at the open/close sign.

It's been 3 days since he hasn't seen him and if today happens to one of them too then it'd be 4 days entirely. He shakes his head in dismay.

"What am I thinking? Of course, he won't come back. He's only a mailman and I haven't ordered anything new yet!" He sighs heavily and was about to advance back to the counter when he hears a knock. He spins around immediately and widens his eyes in disbelief.

It was Sehun.

"Hey, are you closing up now?" He asks, his question muffled by the thick glass window.

"Yeah. I am- I'll be right out." Kyungsoo assures him and sets off into the back to turn off the shop's lights.

He was finally out after awhile and proceeds to lock up the door behind him.

"What brings you here?" His suspicions grew much bigger as he stands face to face with the man that's been invading his thoughts for the past few days now.

"I was on my way back when I coincidentally passed by your shop." He simply says and smiles softly at him.

"Is that so...?" Kyungsoo drawls, averting his eyes elsewhere.

"Actually, I thought, maybe you and I could grab a drink or something." Kyungsoo looks back up at him and they both make eye contact.

I could just be delusional but I think I saw his irises dilate a little. He inwardly thinks but brushes it off as quickly as the thought came.

"S-Sure." He wiggles in response and they make their way towards the pub.

 

--

 

They were already inside as they both sat down by the bar. "2 bottles of beer, please." Kyungsoo hears Sehun say and he slowly faces him.

"Basically, you're a man who owns a cute, little flower shop in the busy, suburban streets of Seoul." Sehun says it matter-of-factly and Kyungsoo couldn't help but to let out a faint chuckle.

"Apparently, so."

"It must be nice doing something you love huh?" Kyungsoo stares at his side profile and frowns in disapproval.

"Who said I loved taking care of flowers in the first place?" Kyungsoo spits out bitterly and aggressively tugs the bottle of beer into his hands.

"So you hate it then?" Sehun suggests innocently and Kyungsoo tightens his hold onto the bottle.

"I don't exactly hate it. I just find it troublesome..." He finishes and glances at the bottle cap of his beer, his eyelids drooping slightly.

"Why do you say that? Isn't it supposed to be, I don't know, fun?"

This time, Sehun decides to stare at Kyungsoo's side profile and automatically, he regrets asking him about it.

Kyungsoo's eyes became watery and one of them was threatening to have its contents spill out badly.

"It's not fun when you don't get to do it with the one you love anymore." He admits sadly and blinks his eyes in an attempt to stop the tears from welling up even more. In spite of his effort, the situation only became worse.

First, his hot tears trickle down to his flushed cheeks.

Second, they continue their way downwards until they've reached the perimeters of his face.

And lastly, they detach themselves from his chin and drop onto the dull, hard wooden floor of the pub.

"I used to own the shop with the person I truly loved." He pauses for a moment, sniffling quietly. "But then, he left me." Now, Kyungsoo had his face covered by his palms, not wanting to show Sehun anymore of his pathetic side.

"Why did he leave you?" Sehun thought it was stupid of him to continue asking more but he was extremely curious as to know about this man's past and the man himself.

"He left me for my good friend, a girl."

"Wait. She's a lesbian?"

Kyungsoo roughly pushes his hands away from his face, seeming as though they would scathe him if he resumed to place them there and looks at Sehun intensely.

"No. He was a man." He chokes his words out in lament.

Kyungsoo then blushes madly as he realises what he'd said and hastefully stands up from his stool, consequently making the wooden furniture fall down onto the floor with a loud thud.

"I'm sorry for troubling you like this. I-I'll be leaving now!" He stammers, much to his displease and runs out of the pub like lightning. Sehun attempts to extend his hand out to reach for him before he could manage to disappear into the darkness of the night but

Too late.

When the door slams closed, he slumps lazily on his stool.

"Oh god. What have I done." Sehun grumbles and slams his head onto the bar.

Image result for divider transparent

[ 7 Sep, Thursday // 3.23 P.M. ]

"Those are all you have for today, Kyungsoo!" Xiumin twinkles gleefully and he smiles warmly at him in return.

Kyungsoo has received his packages for today by his new postman and also close friend, Xiumin. Based on what he found out, Sehun had quit his job and moved himself out from his current apartment space right after he had dealt with his previous company. Obviously, it wasn't anything Kyungsoo should be concerned of but he couldn't fight back the feeling of anxiety in him, every single time he thought of him.

"Is he okay?"

"What happened to him till he had to move out so unexpectedly?"

Kyungsoo would ask himself each time and the only answers he would ever receive were always his exasperated sighs and meaningless groans.

Unboxing the packages one by one, he stumbled upon a package which was peculiarly unfamiliar to him. It was a blue colored box with a purple ribbon tied neatly on top. He takes the box in his hands and examines it.

"Well, I've never seen you here before."

He then moves to check the insides of it and when the top breaks open, he gasps out loud.

There, laid a beautiful bouquet of chrysanthemums.

They were in the brightest shade of yellow and seem to have been well taken care of. He picks up the bouquet in his grasp and smells them wistfully.

"And they even smell good."

Who gave this to him? He scans around the shop, as though the thoughtful person would actually appear out of nowhere and surprise him.

"Has someone been watching me?"

Kyungsoo suddenly hesitates and stares down at the flowers wrapped loosely around his dainty, little fingers.

"It can't be him... Can it?"

He immediately brushes his thoughts aside and places the flowers into an emerald vase. The vase, propped by the window near the door.

"That seems to look good." He grins while arranging them neatfully and proceeds back to his work.

Image result for divider transparent

[ 10 Sep, Sunday // 7.18 P.M. ]

The shop had been long closed now and Kyungsoo is on his way back home. It's the season of Fall at this time of month and frankly, the weather gets chillier by the hour. He wraps his small arms around his chest and walks across the road. He tries not to be hit by the harsh lights of the street lamps as he found them blinding to even stand under. He strides briskly as though he has something important to catch at home.

But really, he had nothing to do at all.

It was just going to be the same old routine for him.

He was going to brew some hot chocolate, sit by the tv, wrap himself in a comfy, ugly, old blanket and enjoy the chilly Fall night. The only difference to this year's Fall was that he wasn't going to be accompanied by anyone.

He was going to be alone.

The thought hits him hard and he moves faster on his feet.

He was going to be alone this year, with no one to talk with, to smile with and to feel loved with.

"Whatever. I can love myself instead. That's better than loving people who just walk out from your life anyway." Kyungsoo says encouragingly and makes a turn to his left.

He's finally reached home and swiftly throws his coat onto the love seat nearby. He changes right into his pajamas and makes his way inside the kitchen. He plans to prepare dinner but the only problem was, what's there to eat inside the fridge?

"Crap. I forgot to restock some ingredients in the fridge." He groans and hits his head onto the wall.

"What am I supposed to eat then?" He looks at the clock above and realizes it was 8.20 P.M.

"Forget it. I'll starve for tonight." He promptly straightens his posture upwards and glides into the living room instead, laying himself down on the soft pillows.

"Let's see, are there any good shows to watch now?" He turns on the tv and clicks through the channels.

In the end, he was able to find nothing entertaining to watch.

"Ugh. Screw you tv. I'm going to sleep."

He shifts himself around on the couch until he was satisfied with his new position and slowly vrooms off to dreamland.

It was 11.03 P.M. when Kyungsoo woke up due to the rumbling of his hungry stomach.

"God. Why does my life have to be like this?!" He yells frustratingly and pushes his body off the couch and into his room.

"Goddamit, Kyungsoo, you should have bought the ingredients earlier."

He hisses sourly at himself while putting the clothes he wore earlier back on and walks up to the front door, exiting from his apartment.

It was freaking cold outside. The weather is now 1 Degree Celsius and it wasn't helping that Kyungsoo's clothes weren't thick enough to warm him up. He clicks his tongue in disapproval but nonetheless, still proceeds to hunt for some food.

He sees a convenience store nearby and makes a dash for it.

 

--

 

After he enters into the store, he makes his way to the snack aisle.

"I guess I'll just have to eat ramen then." He was about to pick up the last packet of samyang when somebody else held onto to it at the same time.

He turned to look at the criminal of those fingers and as he did, his eyes enlarge into the size of saucers.

"S-Sehun?" Sehun looks down at Kyungsoo and widens his eyes as well.

"Kyungsoo?"

They both gape at each other in unison.

"What are you doing here?" Sehun asks in a high pitched voice.

"I should be asking you! What are you doing here?"

Kyungsoo opens his mouth to say more but Sehun cuts him off.

"Are you hungry?"

"What?" Kyungsoo stares at him, shocked and Sehun laughs.

"I'm asking, are you hungry?"

Kyungsoo looks back at the samyang in his- no scratch that, in their hands and his lips itch upwards.

"Very."

"How about you come over to my place and I'll cook for you?" He says and snatches the packet away from him.

"Wait- What- No!" Kyungsoo attempts to pull the packet back from Sehun but Sehun's grip was too strong.

"If you want this, come to my house and I'll cook it for you." Kyungsoo gushes over the fact that he personally is invited to his house for food but instantly cringes later.

"Please. I don't want to trouble you so give it back." He says through gritted teeth.

Sehun lets out a heavy sigh of exasperation and does something unexpected.

He loosens the collar of his shirt, takes off his tie then laces it over both of their wrists and ties a tight knot around them.

"Now, you can't run away from me and you have to follow me home." Kyungsoo eyes the hand cuff like tie and unwillingly blushes.

"W-Why are you doing this to me?"

Kyungsoo wasn't making any eye contact with him when he said so. Sehun's orbs soften at him and he tugs on the tie, making them both walk to the cashier.

"Because, I'm sure you would also want me to explain about my abrupt disappearance right?" He says and looks back at Kyungsoo.

His face was burning red now and Sehun thought it was the cutest sight of him he's ever seen before.

Image result for divider transparent

"And so, that is why I moved out of that old complex of mine." Sehun ended his story with that sentence and Kyungsoo nods his head.

"I see. In other words, you quit your previous job and left your apartment because you found a better workplace?"

Sehun hums as an answer and Kyungsoo continues to munch onto his ramen.

"I thought you left because of what happened that night...." Kyungsoo stops eating his food and looks down at his fingers under the table.

"I can't say you're wrong in that." Kyungsoo shoots his eyes up to Sehun's and frowns.

"Look, it wasn't your fault okay? I just overreacted and I couldn't control myself. I should have not cried in front of you when all you were doing was just trying to get to know me."

Kyungsoo explains in one long breath. Sehun puts down his cutlery and peers at him with a glint of desperation in his dark brown orbs.

"No. It was my fault. I shouldn't have pushed you when I knew that was your limit."

Kyungsoo bites onto his lip and doesn't reply him.

"I'm sorry for everything I've said back then. Please, forgive me." Sehun pleads, not taking his eyes off of him.

"I've forgiven you a long time actually. So it's alright."

"Thank god."

They spent the rest of their supper, talking and eating away and when the clock had struck 12, Kyungsoo knew he had to go home by then.

"Um. Thanks for the food." He says, a blush creeping up to his cheeks.

"Hey, no problem. Besides, it's been awhile since we've last talked."

"Yeah. That's right."

Kyungsoo gets up from his chair and sets foot to the front door, Sehun trailing behind him.

"So, I'll be leaving now then."

Kyungsoo faces Sehun for the last time and smiles timidly at him. Sehun returns back the gesture and opens the door for him.

"Have a safe trip back home."

"Sure, how can I ever get lost on the way back home in this lonely night?" Kyungsoo sarcastically implied which had Sehun giggle.

"You'll find a way." Kyungsoo was on his way to step out of his apartment when out of the blue, Sehun mentions one more thing.

"Chrysanthemums."

Kyungsoo stops dead in his tracks and turns to stare at him, wide-eyed.

"It was you, wasn't it?"

Sehun's eyes sparkled under the dim orange light of his apartment's hallway as he says, "They're my favorite."

And with a crunch here and there, Kyungsoo left the building.


author's note;

i hope you guys liked this chapter as much as i had fun doing it but next chapter will be the end of everything so stay tuned! :)