Studio 6

Coworkers

“Well, I’m very glad to see you here, Y/N” You were a bit surprised to see Yoongi, who seemed to be a laid back guy, walking out from a practice room. “You’re in a group?” You asked, as Yoongi swiped at his damped skin with a face towel. “Yeah, Bangtan Boys, ever heard of us?” You recalled a few radio songs by BTS, nodding your head as other members seemed to pour from the practice room doors behind Yoongi, one of them being Jungkook from earlier. “You left us, you need to stop being late!” Another elder seemed to cling at Jungkook’s shoulder, a boy his height with a rectangular shaped grin. “Meet Y/N, guys” Yoongi introduced you as seven sweaty boys scanned looked off into your direction. “I’m Namjoon, the leader, very nice to meet you, Y/N” The first one glowed as the others bowed after him, reciting their names in order to you. “Nice to meet you all” You assured, bowing back. The one named Jimin soon stepped forward. “You’re the new worker here? What are you doing?” He exchanged a cheeky grin. “Composer and Producer, I’m staying at Studio 8.” You said. “So close to our studio! Can’t wait to get to know you, Y/N” Hoseok beamed. “Yoongi was talking about you all during practice!” Taehyung seemed to be the one hooked on Jungkook. “You guys met at the elevator, so cute!” Yoongi harshly nudged his younger, causing you to hold back a giggle as Taehyung soothed the pain at his side. “We’re heading to our dorm now, Y/N...If you want to join? I’m cooking glass noodles!” Seokjin cheered. “Yeah, sure, just let me put some stuff down.” You accepted the friendly request, turning yourself to your own studio as the boys chattered away, waiting for you.

 

The small room smelled delightfully of lemon and lavender. You tossed yourself in the desk’s rolling chair, and spun around a couple of times for the sake of it, typing meaningless words into the unplugged keyboard of the desktop, and admiring the controls of the soundboards and keys to the piano beside you. Soon, a timid knock sounded at the door, and the head of Jimin peeked through the door frame soon after. “Coming?” He asked. You nodded, standing from your settlement in the chair and grabbing your backpack, following the group of boys towards their dorm for dinner.

 

“This is so good, hyung!” Hoseok stuffed his face further with noodles while others, including yourself, nodded silently in agreement with your own stuffed faces. The eldest thanked the room with a bow as he grabbed more chicken from the table. You reached for the rice, when an arm got it for you: Jungkook, placing it before you with a smile as he continued his meal. “Where are you staying, Y/N?” Namjoon asked, placing his empty bowl down on the table after a few quiet minutes of pure enjoyment of the meal. “With my Aunt and cousin, until I get my own place” You said after swallowing a spoonful of rice. “Well, if you ever need somewhere to stay, feel free to come to the dorm, you could always bunk with Jungkook and Yoongi! The other rooms are a bit cramped” Seokjin added. Yoongi seemed to tense up in his seat across from you, silently eating his mackerel pike the whole meal, as Jungkook along with the other members chattered and talked the whole time, repeatedly asking you about your past life in America and your experiences; your journey to Korea as well. “It wasn’t so easy…” You concluded, answering all their wondrous questions of America with a smile. “It’s getting late, I should probably get going” You stood from your seat, legs a bit shaky from sitting criss-crossed for so long, almost tumbling on Jimin beside you. “And get a ride at this hour? Please, stay!” Seokjin insisted, grabbing the empty dishes and hauling them to the kitchen along with the others. “A bit of a welcoming into the company privilege!” He added. “The place should at least be clean, for it to be a privilege.“ Namjoon murmured under his breath, causing the others to laugh behind Seokjin's words. “I don't want to get in your way…”

 

The next thing you know, piles of blankets and pillows were thrown at you, and you were texting your Aunt that you’d be staying at the studio tonight. It wasn’t like the guys were pedofiles right? I mean...what kind of pedofile has an ironman poster hanging by his bedside?

 

Maybe a Sailor Moon figure but...oh wait...

 

“Just get comfortable, and try not to mind Yoongi’s snoring” Jungkook joked as you settled your belongings, Yoongi to raising a playful threatening fist to the younger. You folded yourself between the bedsides, opening your phone to scroll through tumblr before soon finding it to be morning, and two empty beds beside you.

 

The enchanting smell of warm custard rolls and grilled pork...must have been a dream because all they had in the dorm was endless packets of spicy ramen, and beef jerky. “Mornin’” The membered greeted you with, already washed and changed so early in the morning, 12:00pm, while you looked like a tornado flew by during the night. “Let us walk you to your studio!”

 

Your first, full day of work. That morning you had recieved an email from Hitmanbang: “I’ll check on you every few days to see your progress. Remember, don’t hesitate to ask around for help, or help others! And I’m sure you met BTS yesterday? Their comeback in a bit, so help could help them very much!” causing you to smile, reminding yourself that you were finally getting to live the dreams you had ever since the schooling days.

 

You laid a few of your toys, books, laptop, and other possessions out, deciding to go to BTS’ studio afterwards and see what they were up to, with the reminded knowledge of their comeback to happen soon. You wrapped your jacket around your waist, and tucked your phone and earbuds in your jean pocket, shutting the studio door behind you before heading the 2 doors down to studio 6. It was a bit surprising to not see Yoongi there. He had claimed to always be there, a dedicated composer and writer, but the single person typing away at the computer was not other than Jungkook. Whom was open on a doc, and typing away blurry words from your view a few feet away at a cluttered desk. At the sound the the door closing, Jungkook turned to see you. “Hey, Y/N” He greeted behind dark fringe. You smiled a greeting and walked up to him, seeing the doc he was working on; music he was writing. “I didn’t know you wrote music” You admitted. “I’ve seen you dance and sing a lot on TV, and you’re very talented, Jungkook” You added. The boy seemed to blush below you, struggling a bit to say a respond to your kind words as the pace of his typing slowed. “Thanks” Is all he could make out. “Hitmanbang said you guys needed some help with the comeback?” Jungkook simply nodded. “I really don't have another seat for you, but...” He focused on the couch, piled high with folded clothes and empty boxes. “That’s okay” It was a bit sudden to you at Jungkook’s playful grin, he had turned his seat around to pull you into his lap, a chuckle from the two of you escaping your mouths as you had almost fell off the chair from his strong force. “What’s going on here?” He wrapped his arms around your waist, squeezing you tightly into his embrace. “What do you think so far?” You scanned Jungkook’s work, seeing the thoughts to be a bit everywhere, but well written. You fixed a few of his spelling errors and format to your liking as he watched from behind your head of hair, breath tickling your neck as you did so.

 

It was until the sound of the studio door opening, it had been an hour that you and Jungkook just sat and talked-talked about brainless topics, and laughing relentlessly with each other; utterly enjoying each other’s company. “Hey, Jung...oh, Y/N” The voice had seemed to originate from Yoongi, whom stood frozen in the doorway to the sight of you sitting on Jungkook’s lap, of which he quickly pushed you off of. “H-hey, hyung...I thought you went out to meet with Hitmanbang…?” Jungkook fixed himself, as you stood awkwardly between the two. “He was having a meeting, you guys seemed to be having fun though.” Yoongi scanned the closed desktop. “Working...I hope” He added. “We got work done hyung, on the the song we’d been stuck on-it’s almost done actually!” Jungkook seemed to loosen up, yet tention was still thick in the air. “Good” Yoongi looked off to you with a cold expression. “Hitmanbang wants you in your studio, now” You were a bit shocked at his tone, but you followed his words, finally getting out of the presence of the situation.

 

When you got to your studio, you immediately locked the door and threw yourself onto the rolly chair, relentlessly spinning around until you were dizzy, not for fun...but in high-hopes of forgetting what the hell just happened back there. It was a bad idea for Jungkook to pull you like that, what does Yoongi think about walking into his second home and seeing that? You glanced at the clock and read 3pm, opening your own doc in hopes of getting something written.

 

Hours passed, and the document was still blank. You had only been able to think of what Yoongi and Jungkook were doing back in the studio after the incident, wishing you had the strenght to go back to the studio and clear somethings up.

 

7pm, the clock read; early time for you to go home, but your mind was too cluttered with the thought of the two members. You packed your items and locked your door behind you, passing by studio 6 on your way out, nothing heard from studio 6 but relentless typing.

 

“Hey, Y/N!” A call from the distance interrupted your train of thought, “Jimin?” The elder was running towards you from the practice room. “The guys want you to come and see us practice, can you get Yoongi and Jungkook for us before you come?” He gasped for breath, you nodded, allowing him to head back to the practice room before you went towards studio 6, hesitating to knock on the door to the hearing that Yoongi and Jungkook were still in that room together and not killing each other? “Hey, Yoongi, Jungkook, Jimin wants you guys in the practice room” You knocked on the door before heading towards the practice room for the other members, where music seemed to gradually grow louder and louder with every step you took. “Yay, Y/N glad you’re here!” Hoseok cheered, as the members grabbed a drink of water before getting into position; Jungkook and Yoongi were already ready for practice, getting into their places as well. You were instructed to play the music on cue, and as the music faded in, the members started to sync with the beat, amazing you with their incredible talent and skills, yet eyes glued to Jungkook and Yoongi

 

A few songs later, and you all were in a seated circle together, squeezed between Jimin and Seokjin as Jungkook and Yoongi sat across from you, sipping from frozen water bottles. You scanned at the other members with your own drink in hand, seeing Taehyung stare at you with cruel eyes, but looking away as you made contact back. You repeatedly complimented them and threw thank yous all around. It wasn’t long before the members soon broke apart and once again insisted you stay at their place again, resulting in more concussions (or should I say ‘con-cushions’...get it? Ok...i’m sorry) from the pillows and blankets tossed at you that night, with an awkward first few hours lying between the beds of Yoongi and Jungkook. Your phone read 11pm, and your eyes were still wide open, most likely from the bothersome clicks of Yoongi’s laptop, him not noticing your sleepless body with his noise canceling headphones secured on his head.

 

Once morning came around, you were a bit startled to see only Yoongi in his bed, in new clothing, but still typing away on his laptop in the same spot as you saw him last night. “Good Morning, Yoongi” You bowed, retying your high bun. He exchanged a grin, clicking away until he finally closed his laptop, placing it under his pillow and reaching for his phone by his glasses. “Where are the other members?” You wondered, neatly folding your blankets before putting them aside the room. “They are out for a variety show” He mumbled. You nodded. “I best get off to the studio then, I didn’t really do much yesterday.” You threw your jacket on, slinging your backpack around your shoulders. “Actually, Y/N” Yoongi started. You turned to give him your full attention. “Yeah?”

 

“I had something planned, if you don’t mind” He added. He rose from his place on the bed, making his way towards you. “I said when we first met, that if you needed anything, you can come ask me and...I don’t recall you getting a tour of the building?” You stood wide eyed, smiling at the sweet thought of meeting him for the first time. “Sounds good, Yoongi!” A gummy smile stretched across his bare face, the boy put on a beanie as you put your stuff down for your own personal tour, something you missed doing your first day


“Let’s go then, Y/N”