Elevator Greetings - Your First Day

Coworkers

“Is that Gold Digger by Kanye?” You swiped your thumb over the pause button of your Note Edge at the sound of a man’s voice beside you. You removed your earbud and tucked it behind the shell of your ear, looking up to a blond fringed figure, whom asked the question that made you smile on the slow elevator ride up the BIG HIT company building one fine morning. “Yeah, I can’t get enough of it” The man beamed a gummy and sweet smile, his finger twirling around the cord of his own pair of black earbuds, wearing a white t-shirt and long navy hooded overcoat with black skinny jeans. “Have you heard Stronger by him yet?” You glowed in response at the sound of one of your adored songs, quickly typing in your passcode, and showing him the playlist on your phone screen displaying your top Kanye West songs and variety K-POP. “Of course!” The two of you exchanged grins, accompanied by the annoying dings of the elevator reaching floors and radio music playing in the background of your conversation. “Oh man, you don’t know how much I love his work, I’m Yoongi by the way” You nodded before putting your phone away into your backpack along with your earbuds. “Well Yoongi, I’m Y/N” Yoongi nodded, looking out through the elevator’s door as it opened for someone to come in. “Oh, I’ll just take the next one” The stranger assured. You still had a few floors to go before hitting your destined floor, where you’d be there for your job interview, after emailing the company a few months ago and receiving an appointment last week. “So, what are you here for?” Yoongi broke an awkward silence after the thought.  “Work, how about you?” You tried to raise your voice a bit, typically being the shy type, and silently admiring the male’s features as he comprehended your response. “I work here actually, I’ve never really seen you here before Y/N, are you applying?” Interview you corrected, explaining how you had emailed some of your work to the company back in the states until they responded that they wanted to give you a job after waiting and traveling many miles with your Aunt to Korea; a decision your parents weren’t so supportive in.

 

Your parents never had really supported you in becoming a composer or producer, nor even moving out of the state for school...or ever in any case. They were the type of parents to put sticky notes on your door every morning that said “Doctor L/N’s Room” on them with sharpie everyday until you turned 18. You loved them to death of course, but you loved music too. Music had such an impact on your life, and you wished they’d just understand. So the day they found you packing for Korea? Well…

 

“Really? Well this company is one of the best, it might be small, but everyone is family here and we take care of our workers. I hope you feel welcome, and if you need anything tell me, you’ll always be able to find me; I’m always in studio 6.” The elevator doors opened before you, signalling your stop. “I sincerely hope to see you again, Y/N” You waved a goodbye to Yoongi as you made your way down the hall as the doors slid shut behind you.

 

The opening for the Hitmanbang’s office was wide for you. “Come in, Y/N” You heard a hearty man’s voice from behind the desk. “Yes, hello sir, thank you for answering my emails” He chuckled as you choked on your words. “Your 14 emails to be exact. Anyway, I really liked your work, and I showed it to some of the workers here and they thought the same! We’d be really happy for you to start as soon as possible, and help one of our groups with their next comeback in a few weeks.” Your eyes widened at the statement. You just couldn’t believe his feedback, excitement washed over your whole body as butterflies swarmed non-stop at the pit of your stomach. “Thank you so much, sir!” You clenched your backpack in your hands, probably wrinkling the jacket inside and making disturbing ruffling sounds from the extra snacks you’d always stash on hand. A smile seemingly permanent on your face as he told a bit more details about the company. “You’ll be working in studio 8, on floor 3 next to the practice room. There’ll be many workers there, so don’t hesitate to ask around if you need.” Your neck nearly broke from nodding so much during the meeting, but there was just a lot of material to take in. Hitmanbang said you’d be starting this afternoon after your studio was cleaned up, and also to take a bit of a self tour of the building and floors, giving you stacks of the necessary papers to sign and read over like in your schooling days, including a mini map of the company building for guidance. After a couple of hours, he had sent you off. You scanned your map, and made your way down to the elevator like earlier where you met Yoongi. At the coincidental thought of meeting him again in the elevator made you smile, looking at the new contact you’d added under the name Min Suga. You put your phone back into your backpack along with your snacks and papers to be read at home with your Aunt and cousin whom you were staying with for the while. You then pressed the elevator button, soon to open and expose... another boy.

 

This boy was a bit different looking. He was a bit younger looking than Yoongi, with his dark hair that seemed to be stuck to his forehead from what looked like sweat- after a practice, you assumed. He was gasping for air with a black tote bag slung around his broad shoulder. Wearing joggers, a white collared dress shirt and combat boots. You then awkwardly made your way into the elevator, going for floor 3, but seeing that is was already pushed. You then scooted up the supporting bar of the confined space, when few minutes later the boy spoke up, scanning your face in the dim lighting after humming to the elevator music. “Oh, are you the new one here? The girl with who emailed the company a few weeks ago?” You stared wide eyed at the timid sound of his fresh melodic voice, nodding and exchanging side grins with him as he wiped sweat from his neck. “W-where are you working” You saw him tense up a bit as he took a small step back, hitting his back on the wall. “Studio 8” You mumbled, he nodded as the elevator made its voyage down the building in a speed too slow for you. “I’m sorry if I’m making you... you uncomfortable, noona” You face blanked out at the sound of the title: noona. He saw you become uncomfortable, finally seeing the door slide open… for the both of you. He allowed you to step out first, signalling you with a flattened hand. You held your backpack tight, seeing a few cleaners exit Studio 8, allowing you calm down and stable your breathing after the edgy event just a few minutes earlier. You then made your way up to the door, admiring how Studio 6 was so close to you; thinking of Yoongi as he wrote beautiful music in there everyday for the company, it was until you felt a strong grip on your wrist from behind you, when your body went lifeless. “N-noona…” The boy from the elevator; what did he want with you, taking your wrist like this. You wanted to pull away, but you found yourself turning to give him your attention instead. “I’m, Jungkook by the way” He let go of your hold, the echo of his name from what seemed like the practice room beside your studio interupting what he wanted to say next. “Jungkook come on, we need to practice!” An orange haired boy peeked his head out from the double doors, sneaking you a simple head nod. Jungkook jogged from his place before you, glancing down to you one last time before allowing another figure exit the practice room.

 

“Yoongi?”