The Nagging Santa : Santa Baby

My Dearest Santa
Junhyung Oppa! Junhyung Oppa! Junhyung Oppa!” she tugs my sleeve impatiently. “Come on or I’m going to leave you! I mean it!”
 
“You will never leave me, Sunmi,” I reply with a smirk, not shifting my eyes away from my Mac notebook, checking the e-mail carefully. “You can’t do anything without me.”
 
“Yah! Since when did you become this cocky?” Sunmi puffs her cheeks cutely, not letting go of my sleeve. “Come on or I will be late to meet them! Now! Now! Now!”
 
“Aish,” I sigh and shut down my notebook quickly, putting it next to me. Sunmi smiles wider because I finally look at her but the smile doesn’t stay too long because I land a quick kiss on her lips before I stand up and pull her along, “Let’s go before I change my mind.”
 
“Junhyung Oppa!” she squeals with blushed cheeks but doesn’t pull her hand away from me. I hold my laughter while I lead her out, heading to my car to leave my apartment because she has an appointment with her high school friends tonight at Christmas Eve.
 
“You have a schedule tomorrow night for a Christmas event at a music show,” I remind her when we step out from the car. “You’re going to sing ‘Silent Night’, aren’t you? I have confirmed the pianist to accompany you for tomorrow’s performance.”
 
“I know, I know,” she mumbles without looking at me. “You’re doing really good, Manager Oppa. I believe in you. No worry.”
 
“No drinking is allowed,” I warn her after she steps inside of the elevator. “I’m going to pick you in three hours. Remember to call me if the party finish earlier and-“
 
“I know, I know,” Sunmi cuts off my words. “Stop nagging, Oppa. You sound like my grandmother rather than my manager. I’ll call you later, Oppa.”
 
“Yah, I’m not your grandmo-“ I can’t manage to finish my sentence since the elevator door is already closed. I sigh but can’t help myself to smile because of her cheerful attitude.
 
I decide to walk around a shopping area, trying to find something to eat. Even though I can join the party, I want Sunmi to have her own quality time with her friends especially after her busy schedules. After all she spent most of her times with me for almost a year.
 
Sunmi is an idol who is well known for her beautiful voice and cute image. She started her debut two years ago and I was assigned to work as her manager. As time went by, I’m also recognized as her lyricist. I even sang a song with her for this year’s Valentine where I did the rap part.
 
Me? I’m Yong Junhyung, her one and only boyfriend.
 
Yes, I’m her boyfriend and manager. I can’t help myself to fall for her bright and cheerful attitude when I’m almost stay 24/7, can I?
 
Ten months ago I confessed to her and she told me that she had the same feeling with me. It’s true that this relationship is not a smooth one since her agency disagreed with her decision. However both of us managed to assure the President of the agency that we could work as professionals despite the fact that we had special relationship.
 
After proving that I could increase Sunmi’s popularity, the agency announced about our relationship to the public to ease the possibility of rumors among her fans. There were fans who were disappointed but Sunmi told her fans that she hoped they would support her decision because I was a really special person for her.
 
Here I am now, working as her manager who is always success in nagging her to do this and that because Sunmi is one of the reckless girls. I am the one who is better in cooking and managing schedule compared to her. It’s a good thing that we stay in one apartment building so I can help her in her daily life.
 
My eyes follow a couple who just walked pass me, holding hands with happy smiles. The man kisses the girl’s forehead, causing her to blush shyly. I look around and find another couple is enjoying a cup of chocolate together. There is another couple who plays with their little daughter with santa hat.
 
Tomorrow is Christmas day. Tomorrow is the day.
 
 
❇❇❇❇❇


“Are you feeling alright?” I check her temperature by pressing my back hand on her forehead but she doesn’t have fever. “Can you continue for your performance? I’m going to talk about switching your performance schedule if you want me too.”
 
We are at the backstage, getting ready for her performance on the music program. She is going to sing ‘Silent Night’ since it’s a Christmas special edition. However I started to be panic when she almost fell down from the stage during the rehearsal. She told me that headache was torturing her.
 
“It’s alright...,” she replies me weakly, trying to force a smile. “I will follow the schedule. I’m not going to cancel it... It’s Christmas...”
 
“Yah, your fans will be worried about you too!” I hold her hand and embrace it gently. “Did you sleep well last night? Did you drink something at the party? Do you need water now?”
 
“Oppa,” she ruffles my hair with her free hand, “stop nagging, will you? I’m alright. You don’t need to  nag me with so many questions.”
 
I pout and kiss her hand, “Tell me if you need anything, okay? I’m here to help and support you. Remember that.”
 
Sunmi gives me an assuring smile and mutters, “I forget something in the car. Can you please take it from me? It’s a santa hat. I want to wear it during my performance.”
 
“A santa hat?” I blink with confusion but she gives me a weak nod. I straighten my body and tell her to stay at where she is while I take the santa hat for her. She is supposed to perform as the last performer so I don’t need to worry about missing her performance at all.
 
When I’ve returned with her red santa hat, I’m really surprised because she is not at the backstage room. I finally find her standing next to the stage, getting ready to step on the stage.
 
“Sunmi,” I whisper and she turns to me. “What are you doing? You’re not the first performer. How’s your headache? Are you feeling better now?”
 
“Aigoo, Junhyung Oppa,” she chuckles as she takes the santa hat from me, wearing it on her head. “Stop nagging. You really sound like my grandmother now. Just sit and watch my performance, okay?”
 
Before I can even stop her, the MC has called her up to the stage. Sunmi takes the position and starts her short speech, “I want to light up the atmosphere here so ‘Santa Baby’ is with you tonight. Merry Christmas everyone!”
 
‘Santa Baby’?
 
Wait. She is not supposed to sing that song. She is supposed to sing ‘Silent Night’.
 
The melodies from the guitar echoes as Sunmi starts to sing. Her eyes are locked at me and her lips curve into a smile.
 
“Santa baby, slip a sable under the tree for me
I've been an awful good girl
Santa baby, so hurry down the chimney tonight”
 
Sunmi sticks out her tongue quickly at me, making the audiences to squeal because of her cuteness. She continues singing, giving random winks to the audiences.
 
“She is really cute,” one of the staffs approaches me with a wide smile. “You’re really lucky to be her boyfriend. Men are so jealous of you. She even asked to perform first because she wants you to watch her performance.”
 
“Think of all the fun I've missed
Think of all the boys I haven't kissed
Next year I could be just as good
If you'll check up my Christmas list”
 
Ah, so she has planned it all along. She asked the staff to change her turn to perform, she even changed her song, and she acted as if she was sick so I would leave and gave her time to manage her plan.

“Santa baby, I wanna yacht and really that's not a lot
I've been an angel all year
Santa baby, so hurry down the chimney tonight”
 
Yes, she has been an angel all year. It’s the first time she tried to fool me and how could I be fooled by her anyway?

I smile and rub the back of my neck, looking at her with a smirk now. She steps forwards, singing her lines perfectly with cuteness.

“Come and trim my Christmas tree
With some decorations bought at Tiffany's
I really do believe in you
Let's see if you believe in me”
 
“You ask a lot,” I murmur to myself while she is going to finish the song.

“Santa baby, forgot to mention one little thing, a ring
And I don't mean on the phone
Santa baby, so hurry down the chimney tonight”
 
Sunmi bows down, thanking the audiences. She greets them with ‘Merry Christmas’ once again before stepping down the stage. I raise my eyebrow when our eyes meet but she only sticks out her tongue playfully to me.
 
“Little girl,” I ruffle her hair and lead her back to the empty backstage while the next idol is ready to perform. She sits on her chair, getting ready to be scold by me.
 
“Since when did you learn to fool me?” I pinch her cheeks. “Don’t you know I was really worried when you told me you had headache? Hmm? You little girl...”
 
“Since you are the most handsome yet noisy boyfriend,” she teases me, stopping me from pinching her cheeks. “Merry Christmas, Junhyung Oppa!”
 
I sigh and then kneel in front of her, making her to tilt her head with confused look. I take out a small jewelry box, revealing a diamond ring to her that makes her gasps in surprise.
 
“It’s not a Tiffany but it’s a ring,” I take the ring out and smile. “You ask a ring, I’ll give you one.
 
I take her hand and look up to see her eyes. I gather all my courage and propose to her, “Will you marry me?”
 
Sunmi nods with a happy and bright smile, letting me to slide the ring on her ring finger. She wraps her arms around my neck as soon as I stand up. I laugh and mumble, “Merry Christmas, soon-to-be-Mrs-Yong.”
 
“Saranghae, my nagging santa.”