#1 BEGIN (Jungkook)

(BTS) WINGS Short Film

 

1, Begin.

"The realms of day and night
Two different world coming from two opposite parts mingled during this time."

 

 

This is what is known as, "The Transition".
In our case... Growing up.

Our adolsence and our adult self, mingled during this time.
It is one of the most crucial thing that happens before we simply.. 'grow up' in adulthood.
However, is it easy, this process?

You'll have to find out for yourself.

-

 

"Holy , no. Why is it burning?" 

Jungkook shook his head as images of flaming piano played into his mind. Just what was going on in there? 

He continues to squint his eyes, turning his head left and right before finally a sudden crash awoke him. His eyes sprang open as he sat up, still panting slightly, before finally realizing that it was all just a dream, as he heaved out a heavy sigh... closing his eyes, letting his head hung low as he tries to collect himself back together.

 

Because The Dawn Is Darkest Before The Sunrise.

 

"The 15 year old me.. who had nothing.."

Jungkook sighed internally before noticing an odd sheet of paper to his right. Being the curious boy is he, he proceeds to walk silently to it, picking it up as he stared at the drawing present on the paper. A sketch of Yoongi, left blank and empty, with only stains of what seems like blood, filling up on the left eye. 

Being to drawn into decyphering the image, it shocked him as he felt the comfort of his bed being pulled away, leaving him in a room full of portraits, and the biggest one standing right infront of him. Feeling confused, thnder rumbles and lightning brightens up the room for a slight second as he stared at the large portrait, rain suddenly dawning upon him. 

Just as he was about to add his own final touches to the painting, flashes of the burning piano came into play, crashing his guards down as his grip on the earlier picture loosens, the portrait infront of him turn ablaze. Slowly as the hallucinations conquered him, he starts shaking his head in disbelief, seeing a splash of blood across his painting.. a painting of his face, merged with the one who inspires him, Min Yoongi. Tears welled up in his eyes as more splashes of blood came into play, staining the portrait. Jungkook starts to whimpers and cry seeing the once colourful portrait draining and messing up, messing up his perfect picture. As soon as the painting caught on fire, Jungkook desperately called out for his hyung, feeling afraid by what's happening. 

Just then, rows of birds flew through, distracting his attention for a spar moment. Jungkook then stares baffled at what just happened, before returning back to reality, picking back the photo he had dropped earlier on, keeping it safe in a envelope, the photo now containing a portrait of a bird, makes him realized he too, have to grow up and out from this comfort zone. He too.. have to spread his wings and dare to fly if he wants to achieve what he dreams of having. 

And that the dawn is always the darkest before the sunrise, hence per say his worries of growing up is simply a period of dawn and he realized he has to accept both the good and bad thoughts in order to move on. To move on to the bright sunrise, to see light and hope in what he dreams and love..

Music.

 

 

 


a/n: Thank you for subscribing! I hope you enjoying reading this first one. If it still baffles you, I'll explaining below. Keep in mind that I too have many theories and conclusions! But I decided to follow BTS' theme of Youth and growing up. And to me, it seems as if they're trying to explain how it's like for them to be pursuing music unlike other kids.

So basically why he sees the piano burning and the image of the bird and the crash etc. Simply to put, he was so afraid of his dreams being to unrealistic. That he is just dreaming for nothing. He was afraid that he would not 'make it'. Being a young boy he was, it's obvious how everything's gonna be scary for him. Not knowing how the outcome will be, if becoming an idol was the right thing, if he was investing on the right dream. All the pressure of being a youth and the society, I'm sure all of us been there before. Feeling alone just because we wanna do something that not every kids do. Wanting to chase our dreams yet feeling the pressure of growing up and fitting into society. 

Now, why Yoongi's reference is heavily involved. I'm thinking, probably he is one of the major source of inspiration for Jungkook to pursue music. Probably seeing Yoongi composing and writing songs, inspires him a lot. That's one of the reason he was trying to call out to him while everything was burning down. It's as if his dream of pursuing music was dependent on the inspiration and motivation he has upon Yoongi. However it then dawned upon him that he too have to grow and be responsible for his own dreams. If it is what he wants to do, then he himself have to work hard to stay motivated and strong enough to fight through the fears and prejudiced of not being able to achieve his ultimate dream goals. 

Overall one of my major theories for this is that, it's majorly influenced by youths and their fear of growing up. 

Hence the way I portray Jungkook in the mini story above. 

Feel free to comment any questions, and I hope you look forward to the next one, which will center around Jimin!