Episode 4

The Story of Kook's Youth

Kook's PoV 

"Park Jimin... sunbae?" I uttered. I felt intruded as I would always play basketball by myself. Its not that I hate meeting people, I just prefer to be all by myself. After going through that horrible month I spent with that bully, Jimin-sunbaenim came and helped me. I appreciate his help, but I have no thoughts of becoming friends with him.

"Yahh why are you always by yourself? Isn't it lonely? Even after being bullied?" He asked as he walks over to play with me. Just like what I learned from my mother, I welcomed him into the court and let him play with me.

"Its not that I hate people, I just prefer it this way. There would no need to be worried about people betraying me neither do I need to trust that person. I have already seen the world outside. You have too," I replied. He seemed to be focusing on the game, that he was not listening to my reply.

"So, what are you going to be when you graduate from high school? I'm going to be a pro-gamer."

I was about to reply him when I realized that I don't even have a dream.

"I... don't have one. Let's just play the game." I avoided letting him continuing this topic. I never thought about having a dream. I thought I was fine the way I am, a high school student.

Going to work would be a pain in the , having to stay overnight to complete pages of reports is not my thing. I prefer doing logical and systematical school work. I love studying. It makes me think that I am gaining lots of knowledge.

"Well.. I thought you might have one. Why not you become a basketball player? Your skills are shining in the dark. Why not make it shine in the bright?" He said. I then said,

"I prefer going to school than working. I love doing school work than staying overnight at a cramped office to do a bunch of reports."

"Wow, you are one of a kind," he said. Maybe I left an impression of me on his mind.

After a few rounds of running around and scoring points, we laid down in the middle of the basketball court, staring at the ceiling. While he was in his world, I was in mine. To be honest, I have never been curious about what is happening around me. I do read newspapers and thought about the wars and riots in the real world. But I have never been curious about what is more further than being at home with my family. I felt empty and restless. I thought that I should do something but I don’t what and how. For the first time, I asked a question to Jimin-sunbae.

“Sunbaenim.. Have you’ve ever been so empty in life? I know you are young and may not know a lot of things, have you’ve felt that you are somewhat wanting something in life?”

“Well me? I don’t know. Since I only know how to fool around and play games with my friends at the pc-bang, I have never felt that way before. And since I have friends to hang out with, to talk with and fight with, I don’t feel empty. Rather than feeling empty, I feel that I am filling myself with moments that I thought that I should never forget. Well, take life easy dude. No pressure,” he preached. 

At first, I didn’t know what he was talking about. But after considering about what he went through, I thought that maybe I should try it out.

I then sat up straight and looked at Jimin-sunbae that was behind me laying down on the ground.

“Sunbaenim, will you be my friend?”

|

 

 

Jimin’s PoV

I felt happy, that finally, he decided to open up to me. Now that he can be happy, I felt happy too.

“Jinjja?” I said while sitting up facing him. “I never thought you would be friends with me- Actually, you ARE my friend. Banggaptta, chinguya~ (Nice to meet you, my friend~)” I said, took out my left hand to handshake with him.

He then smiled and shakes hands with me. For some reason, I feel that I have a chance.

“Nice to him you, sunbae.”

“See? Isn’t being friends fun? Hahaha Lets eat lunch now.”

“Okay, sunbae.”

|

*Sorry guys! Next week I might be having a hiatus because of my end of year exams that gonna take place in the next 2~3 weeks so I need to study. I’ll update you guys on my twitter page if I am going to upload another episode. So all the best for the next 2~3 weeks for you guys that might be having exams or even with anything that you are going through now. Stay strong and hwaiting~! Bbai!*

P.S: Sorry for the short Jimin PoV though. Wanna make it short and sweet tehehee~