Episode 1

The Story of Kook's Youth

There was once a young boy named Kook.

He was well raised in a well-manered and traditional family near the outskirts of Seoul.

Nevertheless, Kook was being loved and praised by the family of 3 and a few more.

Kook knows that his parents expect a lot from him as he was the oldest in the family and has to take ownership of certain things whenever the family needs him to.

Kook then obeyed everything that his parents said.

Not knowing the reason behind the things that his parents do for him,

he obliged to his parents.

Because he knew that that was a decision he made.

But for whose sake was the decision to be given to?

Kook has always felt this inner self conflict that he has about his family.

Even himself.

|

One day, he came out of his room at night to ask his mother something.

His mother was sitting by the window on the moving chair in the master bedroom.

She would always smile when she hears his little boy singing out her name like that.

"Mommy~..." Kook sat on his mother's lap.

"What is like in the other side of the world?"

In a blink of an eye, her smile diseppears.

Kook gave this wide eyed,curious dark stare to his mother,

awaiting for her answer.

"W-why would you want to know that?

The outside world you see, is avery dark and scary place. People kill other people like beasts, drunkards would be singing foolish songs by the road,

young innocent girls would be whispering seducing songs to men, illgal crimes would be happening in the alley next door.

The outside world is bad and mean,"

His mother concluded.

Kook felt something.

He felt an urge.

 

An urge to go outside...