Chapter Five: Tried

Beautiful Feelings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'i feel like i'm waiting for something that isn't going to happen'

Beautiful Feelings

Chapter Five: Tried

Krystal

"Kai and Suzy are together?"

"Yeah! He confessed to her before the first period started."

My breath hitched at the mention of that name. Could it be her...?

There was still the 2% of hope in me that no, it couldn't be Bae Suzy. However, this is the most prestigious college in Seoul, and she's a heiress, so no doubt she would be schooling here as well.

I tried to focus on the lecturer, but the high school memories started flooding my mind. Her sharp voice that was used to insult me, those hands that have made scratch marks on my arms.

No, it wouldn't be her.

I feel like I've been cursed with bad luck all my life.

The moment I stepped out of the lecture hall, everyone was swooning over the new couple. And yes, from her brown wavy curls, it was her. The girl I've failed to avoid since high school. Beside her, was the owner of the jacket I'm carrying.

I wanted to return it to him during break time, but I guess not at the moment.

My heart was thumping with adrenaline as I spot them walking into my direction. I didn't want them to notice me, yet I felt like I didn't have strength to order my legs to get out of their way; until I spot a million pairs of eyes looking at me.

"Can you move?" Kai asked, standing right in front of me.

I looked at the girl beside him, and met eyes with her for the first time in more than a year.

She didn't looked like she changed compared to her high school days, except, more make-up.

She had a sculpted figure which was twine-thin. Her waist was tapered and she had a burnished complexion. A pair of arched eyebrows looked down on sweeping eyelashes. Her delicate ears framed a button nose. A set of dazzling, angel-white teeth gleamed as she blew gently on her carmine-red fingernails.

She was everyone's definition of a girl crush. Compared to her, I don't even try to make an effort to put on cosmetics, or wear miniskirts just to make everyone turn their heads to me... it was just not my style.

I in a shaky breath, feeling my throat constrict. Panic rose like bile in my body. I suddenly didn't know how to speak. Or walk. I just stood blankly, staring up at the terror before me. My palms were clammy, and it was all I could do not to knot my fingers together.

"Sorry," I managed, the word rolling out of my mouth like tumbleweed. I didn't miss her smirk before I scurried away.

"What was that?" Seulgi questioned.

We were sitting at the rooftop eating a sandwich (which we weren't allowed to) that we bought from the cafeteria.

"I really didn't know how to react at that moment." I whispered, before taking another bite of the sandwich.

"I know what you've been through," Seulgi began. "But you can't continue showing your weakness to her like how you did just now. It was obvious that you are still scared of her."

It was hard, but I agreed to what Seulgi has mentioned.

I can't keep showing my weakness.

Just then, the door to the rooftop swung open, and again, I was met with those two pairs of familiar eyes.

Three hours into school and we already have two encounters. Great.

"Don't you know the rules? You are not supposed to be eating here." The well-known voice spoke.

I heard how she used a second-person plural word instead of a third-person's. And of course, she's only pertaining to me, not Seulgi although we were doing the same thing.

I looked at my best friend and she rolled her eyes. We began putting the contents back into the container and got ready to leave that place. Muttering a 'sorry' and bowing to the couple, I didn't fail to notice their interlocked fingers.

"What does your friend see in Bae Suzy?" Seulgi asked Sehun.

We were walking from the cafeteria to our next class while complaining to Sehun the scene that happened earlier.

"I don't know, but Kai really likes pretty girls."

Seulgi and I made a fake puking motion and Sehun just laughed.

"Obviously he only cares about looks." Seulgi reasoned and I can't help but to agree with her.

Sehun raised an e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter