Dugeun dugeun at GreenDubu

Dugeun dugeun at GreenDubu

A.N: I will reread this later. So many typos and mistakes...Im sorry! 

 

Adela was upset.

She was not your average woman and she knew her value. She worked as a public relations coordinator for seven years now and she was slowly building a name for herself. A name that made her be recruited for a big company in South Korea and the reason she left her country to live in Seoul.

Adela was a good worker. She spent her days meeting with clients and team members, securing media coverage and planning and holding events. She wasn’t just a pretty face like many of the girls that graduated in the same year she did. She was good and hardworking, probably even a workaholic.

At first her only dream was to build a good career and make her mother proud but now that she was away from her homeland she sometimes felt lonely.

Due to her work, even if she knew so many people she couldn’t trust anyone and she didn’t have friends.

Her paycheck was very attractive and she even went to many parties and frequented many of the expensive hotels and restaurants from Seoul but even so most of the times she was found at the GreenDubu Bar, a small relaxing bar in Hongdae, built on a small basement and with a small terrace with a view to the stars and the moon.

The way that Adela got to know that bar was very curious. She just had left work and one of her coworkers told her that he would give her ride home. However in the middle of the way he changed his mind after a phone call and left her in Hongdae in a street she didn’t know.

The soft music coming from the small bar attracted her and Adela never managed to call a cab to come and pick her up. She walked with her tired feet, wearing her red party dress and entered the bar curious. It was small and didn’t have many people which she was thankful too. She walked to the counter admiring the way half of it was turned to the terrace and she sat in one of the stools listening to the soft melody of the music playing. A man was singing and it was a song she never heard before.

The man at the bar had his back for her and was preparing what seemed like a cocktail. She waited patiently looking around her wondering who he was serving when he placed the glass in front of her. Adela looked from the blue cocktail to the man in front of her and she froze. She wasn’t the kind to fall in love at first sight, actually she was never in love before, but the man in front of her was her type.

“I didn’t ask anything yet.” she managed to say recovering  quickly.

“It’s my specialty. I call it SHINee. You will like it.”

SHINee?” She asked raising the corners of her lips and eyeing the liquid uncertain.

“It gives light to the person who drinks it.” He cleaned his hands on the cloth on the counter “I saw you enter looking lost and once I see that expression BAM it’s time for SHINee. It’s on the house.”

“Thanks….I think!” She grabbed the glass “Won’t the owner be upset though? Since you are giving free drinks?”

“No. I don’t get upset with myself.” He laughed and Adela held her breath noticing how his eyes disappeared into thin lines, small wrinkles in the corners of it. He was adorable.  “By the way, I’m Jinki. Lee Jinki!”

“I’m Adela…Just Adela is ok!”

He laughed and then sat on his side of the counter with his elbows on it and eyes on the sky outside.

Adela watched him for a while and then tried her drink. It had a blue pearlescent color and she wondered what Jinki placed in it. She drank it and immediately and released a satisfied cry.

“This is good.”

“I know!” Jinki said cutely even though all in him was manly. Adela couldn’t stop looking at his profile, how it looked as if it was drawn making him look more like a painting than human.

Adela tried to focus on her drink but her eyes kept moving to him and now he was humming the background music.

“I like this singer. He is amazing.”

“Really?” Jinki asked grinning “I also sing in my free time. Actually I’m the one singing.”

“Oh!” She felt her cheeks get hot and for a first time in such a long time Adela was incredible attracted to a man.

That was the reason she started frequenting GreenDubu and also the reason she started opening up to Jinki about her life, the reason he became her friend and also the motive she was there that night.

She entered the bar like always and Jinki smiled from the counter, glancing at her while he placed the pearlescent blue drink on the counter in front of a young woman.

Adela sat on her usual stool in front of Jinki and he quickly gave her own SHINee.

“Rough day?” He asked Adela and she sighed grabbing the drink immediately.

“Hey this is awesome!” The young woman beside Adela exclaimed smiling seductively at Jinki.

For Adela it was pretty clear that she wasn’t only interested in drinking.

“I know!” Jinki answered exactly like he did to Adela the first night she came there.

The woman brushed her hair away from her neck and played with her glass “You are really talented! Singing and the drinks…”

“Ah thank you!” Jinki shyly thanked turning back to Adela who was relieved to see him give her attention again.

She wasn’t jealous. She simply needed to talk with her friend and she hated that kind of woman that always felt the need to make man surrender to their charms.

“What happened?”

“That stupid guy answered one of my emails and screwed up and thanks to that the client won’t come to the party anymore! And guess who end up with the guilt? Me! Why? Because I’m a woman and the maknae at work.”

Jinki offered her a comforting smile and grabbed her empty glass so he could make her another drink.

The woman beside Adela seemed to realize she wasn’t going to get anything from being there so she grabbed her own drink and went to sit at one of the tables.

“You are popular with women!” Adela observed and his heartily laughter made her warm inside.

“They fall for the eye smile or so they say!”

She admired his back, the way his muscles were very noticeable under his thin white shirt.

Jinki wasn’t only cute when he wanted; he was also very smart and interesting and extremely handsome and y.

It made Adela crazy how he could awake so many different feelings inside her. How he could make her want to be his woman. She blushed remembering the last time she ed thinking of him and tried to look away. The last thing she wanted that night was to feel ually frustrated.

“So what happened with the guy you were dating?” He asked suddenly and Adele closed her eyes gloomy because she was hoping that he wouldn’t touch that subject.

“It was only two dates and he didn’t call me anymore.”

“Sorry.” He turned back to her with her drink that he placed in front of her “maybe he couldn’t deal with your workaholic nature. You work too much!”

Adela didn’t grab her glass, she didn’t say anything, instead she focused on his face, in the way his full lips made it look as if he was pouting when he spoke, how his small eyes seemed to get a little wide while he looked back at her blankly wondering why she wasn’t reacting to his teasing, how his eyebrows were so expressive and the small beauty mark on his chin that made her crazy.

“Something wrong?”

“Do you think I’m pretty?” She blurted out wondering if all the drinking she did at work and now the cocktails were taking a toll on her.

He frowned slightly and then fixed his eyes on her, moving from her eyes down to her lips and then back.

“You are very pretty.”

“Liar!” Adela said grabbing her glass and drinking almost half of her cocktail in one go.

“Hey easy!” Jinki grabbed her hand making her stop drinking. “And I didn’t lie. You asked my opinion and I gave it honestly.”

“I don’t feel pretty at all. I wear nice clothes, put my makeup on and style my hair for work parties but in the end it’s just a costume I’m putting on to convince everyone that I am a happy woman. Yes I’m successful but….I feel lonely.”

“Did you like this guy?” Jinki asked wondering if her bitter words had to do with that.

“No. It was only for the company, maybe warm my bed someday.”

“?”

She didn’t answer but it was pretty clear that that would be the future of that relationship if they had more dates.

“I see.” He answered without feeling, his mind elsewhere.

Jinki was going to turn and go wash some glasses when she grabbed his hand, her soft small hand moving over his big hand, pulling him closer to the counter again, closer to her. And he let himself be guided because his body knew what he wanted.

“Actually...” She whispered leaning dangerously on the counter, her nose bumping against his cheek when he leaned forward to hear what she wanted to say on his ear “I’m a .”

The words made him widen his eyes and Jinki liked his lips before looking at her.

How could she be a when she was so precious and beautiful? Wait it made sense. She was sensible and she always hid what she felt worried to trouble others, worried to disappoint her mother that did so many sacrifices for her to graduate.

“Did it shock you?” She asked lowering her gaze embarrassed “I never had a relationship that lasted long enough for me to….”

He didn’t say anything; his eyes on her and Adela finished her drink and got up from the seat.

“No wait!” He said immediately grabbing her hand over the counter, doing the same she did to him one minute ago. “You are tipsy. I’ll take you home.”

 

Resultado de imagem

 

“You didn’t have to take me home.” Adela said sitting on her bed and releasing her hair that was caught on a bun.

Jinki stood motionless before her and Adela took a long time realizing that his eyes were stuck on her hair.

“What’s wrong?” She moved her fingers to touch her hair but Jinki grabbed it making her widen her eyes.

He softly pulled her up and yanked her to him making Adela bump against him. She instinctively placed her hands on his muscles and regretted it because her body reacted to it immediately.

“What are you...?”

He didn’t give her time to ask more because he softly pressed his lips against hers, his hands on her back pushing her against him.

Adela took a while to understand what was happening but once she did she kissed him back, melting in his arms, a warm fuzzy feeling taking care of her.

He moved away from her lips and opened his eyes. She still had hers closed and her hands were firmly grasping his white shirt as if she needed to do that to keep standing.

He smiled enamored with the vision, knowing that he would never break her trust and move his hands from her back letting her lose her strength. Jinki was used to see her struggling, proudly living her life as if she didn’t need anyone. He admired her for that but at the same time he wished to protect her, he wished for her to let someone take care of her. Maybe he could be that person…

“What just happened?” Adela asked in a whisper and Jinki tucked her hair behind her ears using one of his hands while the other was firmly on her back, not letting her move away, not that she wanted to.

“Trust me.” Jinki cupped her face gently making Adela look at him, only at him.

She realized that that was her reality already ever since the first time she met him. Work wasn’t to blame, her feeling for him were. At first she didn’t invest in any relationship because of work but lately Jinki was on her mind most of the time and she couldn’t help but compare all men she met to him.

“Let me take care of you. For one night, forget about everything and allow yourself to be free from responsibilities, from work, from worries.”

He didn’t need to say much, she knew what he meant, what message his eyes were trying to relay to her.

He rubbed his nose against hers softly, watching her reaction to the proximity and Adela closed her eyes allowing him to kiss her again. This time he softly pushed her with him back to the bed and she fell on top of it with him on top of her, his hands softening the fall.

She did what he said. She tried to forget about all her worries and her phone could ring the whole night that she wasn’t going to answer it.

It did ring five minutes later interrupting their making out, her passionate actions, ringing as much as her heart was beating, her blood running wildly through her body while his hands moved under her blouse caressing her s, his lips on hers.

Jinki sent her a questioning look wondering if she was going to answer the call but she pulled him to her again, kissing him more urgently until the phone died probably with no battery.

The world could burn that night but not as much as she was burning for him.

Nothing else mattered, only his touch, his kisses, him.

They took each other clothes, trying to never break contact, kissing the skin they were reviling.

He didn’t forget about the fact that she was a and he didn’t lie when he said he would take care of her. He was the sweetest taking off her , the last piece of clothing on her body. Brushing his lips against her erect that was already the target of his kisses and caresses and Adela moaned when he caressed her between her legs, rubbing her where she most needed him, when that aching sensation was stronger.

“I have a .” He said kissing her chin and lips reassuring her that there were no worries.

“Jinki…” She weakly said moving her arms to wrap them around his neck but he moved away making her worry if he regretted what was bound to happen.

Relief washed over her when she saw that he was only placing a over his . The vision made her nervous and extremely hot. She was sure her cheeks were probably very red and she wondered if she was truly going to survive that night with him.

He knelled between her legs, and leaned over her, kissing her forehead making her close her eyes.

“Are your ready?” He asked rubbing his lower body on hers, the friction making her moan and bit her lower lip. It was amazing how such a small gesture was able to draw so much pleasure from her.  “I guess you are!” He said rubbing her with his fingers again, as if he had a special way to determine as if she was.

“You are so beautiful Adela….so damn beautiful!”

This time she finally managed to hug him against her and he kissed her lips again before entering her.

The pain on her lower body made her cry but she did her best to hide it immediately. Closing her eyes and waiting for it to become just a latent pain.

Jinki didn’t move for a while, and she finally opened her eyes to see his expression.

“You don’t need to hide what you are feeling anymore.”

I’ll take care of you.

“I’m ok. It only hurts a little. Please….don’t stop…”

He admired the way her cheeks were pink and the way her lips were parted waiting for another kiss of his, her hands on his back, fingers caressing hiss back as if it was a known fact that he was hers.  She was so brave trying to hide her pain from him, so y under him.

Jinki didn’t hesitate and moved his hips against hers making Adela fingers on is back curl.

He knew that at first she was in pain so he tried to move slowly, ignoring how frustrating it was for him, how his body demanded more. But soon she felt him relax, her hands pulling him closer to her as if she needed more of him, her hips moving with his, her legs wrapping around him, while she searched for his lips.

They were finally one and he kissed her hungrily as if he didn’t kiss her for several minutes before while they made love.

He wasn’t going to last long but he didn’t want her first time to be below her expectations. He did say he would take care of her and he was going to make her have her first with a man.

Jinki stopped answering to her kisses, now focusing on her body instead, kissing her shoulders and s, gently her s, his hand caressing her between their bodies, playing with her oris making Adela whimper in pleasure.

It probably still hurt but he knew he was doing a god job stimulating her in a way that the pleasure was so overwhelming that she couldn’t focus on the pain.

He felt her walls tighten around him, her whimpers raising in intensity until she closed her eyes and lost all strength on her body, a good warm feeling taking over her making her lie defenseless and spent under him.

Jinki didn’t stop, fastening his s until he came too, his body softly falling over hers, his erratic breathing tickling her neck.

They didn’t move.

Adela was too scared to ruin the moment now that it was over and he had to be the one to roll to the side after a while.

She didn’t move, still on the same spot and he placed a hand on her stomach caressing her softly, rising his head so he could look at her.

She looked at him too, her face extremely red, strands of hair sticking to her face.

“If anyone dares to say that you are not beautiful, ill kick their .”

His comment drew a smile out of her and then a soft giggle that he muffled with a kiss.

 

Resultado de imagem

 

Adela woke up to an empty bed but she wasn’t surprised. She noticed when Jinki left her bed during early morning and she knew he went to the bar like he did every morning to clean. She felt him kiss her forehead before leaving the bed and she pretended to sleep. Adela couldn’t face him; she didn’t have the courage to because she was afraid to face her own feelings, to reveal them to Jinki.

So that morning she woke up feeling differently. For the first time in her life she spent a night with a man, and not any man, a man that she had feelings for.

She showered, changed the sheets of her bed and got ready to go work. Only after she was ready did she notice the small note he left to her on the door of her apartment.

“I’ll wait for you later ~ ”

She pulled the note from the door and stared at it.

He clearly wanted her to visit him at the bar later but Adela didn’t intend to. She was going to crumble the paper; however Adela placed it inside her bag instead.

That revealed to be a bad decision because she couldn’t stop reading the note during her day at work, imagining him say it, smiling to herself.

However she didn’t see him that night or the ones that followed, avoiding the bar, using the excess of work at the office and her tiredness to avoid him and her feelings for him.

The truth was that being beside him made her feel weak, as someone that needs to be taken care of. His words from that night kept repeating on her head and even though it made her warm inside it also made her worry.

Adela never needed anyone. She started working very early, supporting her mother and siblings and she even left her country to work and make her family proud. This was the first time a man showed genuine interest in her, the first time someone said that he wanted to take care of her.

It was wonderful to know that Jinki wanted to help her but it also scared her.

Almost a week passed and still she didn’t show up at Green Dubu, so Jinki decided to take matters into his hands and once Adela arrived home late that night he was waiting for her, in front of her apartment’s door.

She hesitated at the end of the corridor but walked to him. It would be ridiculous to run away and she wasn’t that woman.

He raised a tumbler he had on his hand and smiled warmly at her as if he didn’t knew that she was avoiding him all those days.

“What’s this?” She asked once he offered her the tumbler.

“It’s been almost one week” at least she wasn’t the only one counting the days “and I brought you this. I think you need it.”

Adela accepted the tumbler and then opened the door of her apartment. He didn’t seem to move behind her so she turned around to face him. Jinki was so close that it was making her uncomfortable. His scent made her remember that night.

“Aren’t you going to invite me inside?” He asked sensing her trouble.

“It’s ah…its messy since I’m very busy lately. I need to tidy it up.”

His expression was blank and she knew why. It was such an obvious lie, but Adela couldn’t invite him inside since she knew what would happen if she did. They would make love again and she was would end up being weak falling into his arms again, wishing to have someone by her side.

“So…about that night….” Jinki said as if he was reading her thoughts completely.

“That night must be forgotten. I’m thankful and it was really good.” Adela couldn’t help but blush and she tried to imagine that she was talking about work and not the fact that she had with him “It was all I needed but it’s not like we can have a relationship. Not like I can have a relationship with anyone. I work too much. It’s impossible!”

 He raised one eyebrow as if he didn’t believe her words and said coldly “I see. I guess work wins again.”

Adela stepped backwards against the open door of her apartment and raised an invisible barrier between her and Jinki.

“Goodbye then. Sleep well.” His sweet answer surprised her a little since it was so different from his previous comment with a cold voice. Before she had time to move back he leaned forward and kissed her cheek. “Green Dubu is always open when you need more.”

His comment made her cheeks hot and Adela wondered if he truly meant what she thought….more .

Jinki smirked reading her thoughts again and his eyes fell on the tumbler on her hand. “That and what you thought.”

He turned around and she watched him walk down the stairs. Once she entered the apartment she opened the tumbler.

The pearlescent blue liquid of SHINee was inside it.

 

Resultado de imagem

 

It was probably SHINee’s magical powers but the next morning Adela had one of her best days at work. She got praised by her boss, didn’t have any problems with her coworkers and was in a very good mood the whole day.

However one thing missed for her day to be complete. Jinki.

He was always the one she saw at the end of her days at work. He was more than a friend. He was a constant in her life, he was….Jinki.

So that night she entered Green Dubu for the first time that week. Once she stepped inside the room she lost all possible reasons she would have to not take that decision, since she was greeted with his beautiful smile. He was as happy to see her as she was to see him.

The truth was that she did a lot of thinking the previous night while she drank what he gave to her. Thinking about him, knowing that there was a safe haven to go back to every night, that for months that bar made her feel stronger. And maybe the safe heaven was never the bar but Jinki instead. Maybe letting him take care of her once in a while, show some weakness was the best way to be stronger the next day.

Adela sat on the same stool she used to and placed the tumbler in the counter.

“Did it make you smile? Did it work?” He asked warmly, his eyes ardently on her.

“Yes not as much as seeing you.”

Her comment made his smile grow wider and she would have opened her heart if a man hasn’t sat a few stools from her waiting to be served.

Jinki asked her to wait a second and walked to the man to serve him.

After the man asked for a whisky Jinki gave his attention back to her while he prepared the drink.

“I’m sorry I didn’t come before.”

“It was weird after…” The other client was listening to their conversation and Jinki tried to be more discreet.” ...what happened. I understand!”

“I can’t forget it.” Adela said glancing at the client and then back to Jinki that placed two cubes of ice on a glass.

“Well humans need it once in a while. To feel loved and needed but…” He leaned forward, the ice hitting the sides of the glass making a tickling sound just before he whispered “I didn’t do it for the .”

“Oh…” Adela couldn’t tear her eyes away from him.

He looked so manly behind the counter, even more now that she knew what he hid below his clothes, how breathtaking his kisses could be, how the touch of his fingers made her burn, how he felt inside her.

“I mean it. You are beautiful, I didn’t lie, and I like you…”

“You like me?” She couldn’t hide the hint of happiness on her voice.

“I know you have no dating policy and you hate living her but I was wondering that maybe…”

“I don’t hate living here!” She said quickly. “I just feel lonely…or felt before I met you.” She excitedly leaned on the counter “That’s the thing I realized yesterday….”

“That you have me?” He chuckled seeming nervous, pouring the whisky on the glass and making some fall outside the glass, something that never happened.

“…” He cursed grabbing a dish cloth to clean it.

“I like you too.” Adela said making him forget about the drink completely. “I mean, you are the only friend I have here and that night I…”

“You heart went dugeun dugeun?”

He was too adorable for words and she giggled with the cute way he found to say that there was more than ual desire involved on what happened that night.

“Yes….but I work too much and that can be complicated if I want to…”

“Date me? It’s ok. My heart also went dugeun deugun and I work too. I don’t mind waiting for you every night.”

There was something unique about the way they couldn’t take their eyes away from each other, about the smiles on their faces about the way they decided in that moment with no more words exchanged that that could actually work out.

“Hey!” The client broke the moment making both look at him. “Can you hurry up confessing your love for each other so I can have my whisky before the ice melts?”

Jinki laughed, apologizing to the client and Adela hid her face embarrassed.

 

Resultado de imagem

 

She waited for Jinki to serve his clients outside the bar, on the terrace watching the stars.

Once the last client left he joined her and when she realized her hand was on his already as if it was natural to held hands. Maybe it was.

As natural as it was falling in love with him.

“So…”

“So…”

He kissed her and this time he didn’t have to pull her to him because she was the one falling into his embrace completely, wrapping her arms around him, and searching for his warmth.

“Will you take care of me tonight?” She asked against his lips, a passion in her eyes that he could read easily.

“Though day?”

“Not really…I just like how it feels.”

He caressed her cheeks making her close her eyes, admiring the way she leaned against his touch.

“I’ll always take care of you when you need. Every night…”

“I tidy up my apartment.”

Her comment made him laugh “Its ok. I have my apartment too and my bed is bigger.”

“Really?”

“Also I can make SHINee at my place and we can drink it after…I take care of you.”

“Seem nice.” She wrapped her arms around his neck “Seems like a proposal I can’t say no to. I love SHINee and I love you.”

His eyes sparkled and even though he wasn’t smiling she knew that he was enchanted with her words.

“Good because I love you too. Shall we go then?”

He grabbed her hand on his and pulled her with him.

While Jinki turned off the lights she watched him from the door of the bar like she did on the first day she saw him.

Maybe it was love at first sight or maybe it wasn’t . It didn’t matter. She was proud of herself. She gave herself the most primal right any human has.

To love and be loved.

To be happy.

That was truly a good day. 

 

I'm sorry its short and I'm sorry I took such a long time to write it. 

I hope you still enjoyed it.

And for you Adela, I hope you are happy too. I'm sure someday you will find your Jinki. 

Happy Birthday~