I'll Treat You Like A King

I'll Treat You Like a King

Changmin started to feel agitated.

Just... where the hell is this freaking one Kyu-douchebag-hyun of his.

Changmin been staring endlessly toward the door entrance. Waiting nervously as he hopes that a short-brownish-permed-hair will finally shows his on it.

That Kyu-f**er-hyun has made him waited for two freakishly hours!

That’s it! Kyuhyun owed him the store’s new recipe, a grande size of melted marshmallow chocolate and mint blend with whip cream.

And now... not now again... the young waitress lady with typical gangnam-style make up have, again, coming up to his table with impatient look all over her face.  Her shirt that is already crumpled have become much messy, meaning that hours has indeed, passed that Changmin spent waiting for his-nowhere-to-be-found boyfriend.

Is he even his boyfriend, still, now that it’s the ... God knows how many time has that bastard made Changmin wait like this.

The waitress lady, slightly throwing the menu book into Changmin’s table, asking in a stern voice, “So, sir. How long will you actually delay your order or will you just please leave the cafe already? There are people already who will actually sit down on your chair and pay for our food or beverages, you know?”

Changmin glanced toward the waitress lady unpleasantly. Looking at her shoes -- woah, it seems to be a newly released brand that is pretty expensive -- up toward her face, which is polished with makeup – must also be expensive brand. To conclude, this lady must be pampered alot by her boyfriend. Which isn’t surprising seeing her pretty figure and her pretty face, if only it’s not wrinkled.

Unlike his figure.

Of course... of course Kyuhyun will just actually left him for a much better girl. The one with nice silhoutte, probably wearing a fifteen centimetre stiletto, and probably a runaway model.

Someone from a high class at least. Unlike Changmin.

A plain male. Without beautiful or desireable cleavage. With flat butts to add on that.

Changmin, has never believe it when he found Kyuhyun. A handsome cafe singer that is also a freelancer model who suddenly confessed to him is too good to be true.

Saying that he interested in Changmin. Something that is almost impossible for a almost celebrity like Kyuhyun would say.

Changmin doesn’t have money nor status. He is just an average college student try to graduate safely who born from a middle class family.

What does that one-b****-of-a-person actually wanted from Changmin?

 “I’m so sorry. He will come. I promise,” Changmin then continue to point toward the shop’s banner, which showing a picture of grande size of melted marshmallow chocolate and mint blend with whip cream,  “And he will buy me that. That’s the most expensive menu on this store, right?”

The lady sighed. She took the menu book again, unwillingly, and stare at Changmin with a judging look, “Do you know that you can always texted your mate there, that should be sitting across you, and asked what he wanted to order, right?”

Changmin stare back, “Look, just because you have a pretty stable relationship – that to be honest, might be happen because that heavy plastic surgery of yours that you’ve done – doesn’t mean that everybody else have that same relationship stability going on. And yeah, I’ve texted him like thousands of time but, not. A single. Response. I’ve got back,” mock Changmin, kinda shouting across the room.

Suddenly, the cafe went quiet. The whole attention of the cafe attendee goes toward Changmin. They are all look at Changmin apologetically. And also, silently blaming him for his unreasonable mock toward the waitress.

The lady has suddenly gone frozen. Her face goes straight pale.  She looks at Changmin with a terrified stare.

Changmin gasped, he suddenly realize that he has done wrong. That he has insulted the waitress for nothing. Just because, he was upset of his nowhere boyfriend.

Changmin stand up, trying to left the already messed up situation of this one hell of a cafe.

Kyuhyun will never arrive here. No, he will not.

Changmin has decided that he doesn’t deserve this, he doesn’t deserve Kyuhyun, he doesn’t deserve to be stared at pitifully.

Changmin is ready to left his table, before suddenly a huge tall figure shadowing over him, grabbing his arms back to his seat,

“Darling, I’m so sorry. So very very sorry. Have you ever tried to go from Incheon to Seoul, no? I suggest you not, honey. The traffic, ugh, you don’t want to imagine it,”

Changmin eyes widening. He sits back toward his chair as he stares at the figure across him confusedly.

That man, a huge tall man, with a wide shy smile painted on his humble face, his small eyes squinted showing wrinkles around him as he smiles, and a nice sleek black sparkling hair, sit across Changmin as he turned toward the lady and said, “I’m sorry miss, can I have the menu, please?” he said with a calming bass voice.

Changmin – and also the waitress probably – blushed suddenly as they hear his strong voice. The waitress immediately offered him the menu as he took it with a humble smile.

“So, do i owe you anything, dear?” he said as he turning the menu’s page.

The waitress pointed toward the shop’s banner, just before Changmin got any chance to answer, and said “you actually owe him that,”

The huge man turned toward the shop’s banner, slightly surprised as he found out the price, but then say, “Oh.... man. I must have keep you waiting for way too long right? You must have been very hungry now...”

“Alright miss. It’s one serve of melted marshmallow chocolate and mint blend with whip cream, is grande size alright dear?”

Changmin surprised again as he talks toward him, but he soon nods his head without much thinking.

“Yep, it’s alright. And a plate of lasagna maybe? Also, a strawberry shake for me. Is the ice cream still available, miss? I’d like it topped with ice cream then,” he said with a smile.

The waitress then took note of the orders and bow politely before she left the table.

It seems that Changmin isn’t the only one that is mesmerized by this man. The whole cafe is now staring at him and whispering confusedly but also excitingly.

Changmin slightly looked down. He is very confused of what is happening right now. But also, very amused. A stranger man suddenly come up on him and orders him foods? What’s actually currently happening?

“So dear, how was it your day? I bet that it’s better off without this jerk, me, right?” he said with a huge grin on his lips.

He then slightly turned his body toward Changmin and whispered, “Hi. I’m Yunho. I hope I didn’t disturb you, but I feel so sorry for whoever should have been attending for my stead because I bet he is missed a lot of you. But, hey, let’s just... go with this... for now? Are you okay? I’m paying the bill,” he said while wink playfully toward Changmin.

Changmin smiles, a stream of relief flowing on his body. This man seems... to be a good one?

He sounds humble and his smile is pretty much healing.

And he loves the sounds of this man’s name... Yunho? Changmin whispers his name silently.

“It’s fine... thank you... I... almost broke myself. I did... wrong things. But, it seems better for now. Thank you... for coming?” Changmin said hesitately. Tears begin to form on his eyes as he feels relieved.

Yunho hurriedly offer him a handkerchief, “Hey... shh... it’s alright. It’s alright. So, that doucheass doesn’t deserve you... right? Here... here... it’s okay... just cry actually. Not for that doucheass of course, just for you to feel better. Do you want me to pat your head or something?”

            Changmin sniffed while he giggled softly. He received Yunho’s handkerchief and softly removes the tears on his eyes. “Ngg... You can pat my head actually... kinda need it...”

Yunho smiled understandingly. Changmin can see him slighty moving his chair so it’s closer to Changmin. Soon Changmin can feel a warm wide hand slowly caressing his hair.

“You have a nice hair...” whisper Yunho softly.

Changmin smiles between his flowing tears while murmuring, “and you have a nice name,”

Changmin then gasped, “Oh my... I’m... I’m so sorry. I haven’t introduced myself... right? I’m... I’m Changmin...”

Changmin can’t see Yunho’s reaction in between his flowing tears. But he can still feel his warm fingers caressing through his hairs. Following that, is a warm voice responding, “Ahh... that’s a beautiful name. Changmin, nice to know you,”

Changmin swears, Yunho is very nice, warm, and polite. As he keep asking Changmin if Changmin is okay with him, a stranger, patting his head? Does Changmin feel weirded out by the fact that a strange man suddenly claiming to be his jerk- boyfriend?

Changmin can only answer that never, never Kyuhyun even hold his hands while they are dating.

Actually, technically they have never been dating before as Kyuhyun only confessed to him, and then gone forever. Throwing Changmin into a pit of hell. Not knowing what the boy actually intended to by suddenly making Changmin believe for a while that he is a prince.

Yunho jokingly said that Changmin shouldn’t be treated as a prince, Changmin is a freaking king. Changmin laughs at the awkward joke, before Yunho said that he is serious.

When the treat come, Yunho asked Changmin if he’d like to feel how it is to be treated as a king. Changmin only jokingly say “yes”, when suddenly Yunho gave him a mouthful spoon of lasagna.

Yunho jokes alot. As Changmin sipped on his drink, Yunho blew the whip cream, making Changmin’s mouth and nose fully covered in cream. Yunho laugh with satisfactory looks, before Changmin took the cream on his face and rubbed it on Yunho’s face. This time, Changmin laugh evily.

In the end, Yunho offer him his sweater. Saying that Changmin may cleanse his face using his sweater. Changmin reject it while gigling, saying that it is gross considering that Yunho’s sweater might have already covered in sweat.

Yunho only smiled as he took the arms part of his sweater and softly cleaning Changmin’s face. Successfully made Changmin blush, again.

As they about to pay the bill, Changmin insisted that they split it up.

“Hey! I’m your boyfriend and I owe you all those foods and drinks. You can’t suddenly also pay for it when I made you wait for hours, right?” said Yunho, giving all the money to the waiter.

Changmin is about to argue, but then he remembered that they play “dating” right now. And as much as he knows it’s only a play, Changmin’s pride seems to be high enough not to let the judgemental waitress and attendee found out that Yunho is only pretending.

They stand up, as Yunho hurriedly asked for Changmin’s coat to the waiter, and put it gently on him.

Yunho grinned as he offer Changmin his arms. Changmin took it gleefully. Changmin stares at Yunho with a thankful look.

Yunho, just saved Changmin from his nightmare. Turning it into a wonderful dream full with glitters and cotton candy.

They walked off of the cafe, as they getting far from it, Changmin whispers silently, “You’ve saved me. Thank you. I don’t deserve this all...”

Yunho shook his head immediately, he grinned toward Changmin while saying, “No way! I said you deserved to be treated as a king,”

Changmin smiles. They then stroll through the road slowly. Slighty still not believing of what happening earlier.

“So, Changmin...”

Yunho then fall silent for a moment.

Changmin looks at him curiously,

“You know. It has been good. That date. I don’t intend it to be fake... or pretending to. I really... really adore you. From the moment you walk into the cafe, i thought, ‘ah, this cafe has been blessed with an angel attendance’ and then i found out your doucheass boyfriend isn’t your boyfriend after all?”

“I don’t know, Changmin, i don’t think i deserve you too... but... well... I know this is too sudden. We can take it slowly if you want. Or, i can also just left if you want it too,”

“But I... I...” Yunho gulped. His face turned red.

And so does Changmin.

He kinda expected what Yunho will ask. But he can’t be sure.

Changmin acknowledge that this “date” has been good. That he sees something nice on Yunho. That Yunho might deserve a chance?

Changmin know, he doesn’t need to make sure. He fully accept it.

So, when Yunho ask,

“Maybe... we should... try to... really date each other?”

Changmin, has prepared a “yes” for the answer.