Tired.

Motionless hearts.

"Oppa, why didn't you pick up your phone? I was worried!"

"Don't worry about me."

"But.."

"Please stop Bomi, just let me rest for now."

He turned around and walked out of the half empty living room. He left a trail of wet footsteps as he threw his soaked jacket on the chair, which by the heavy weight fell on the floor. My eardrums almost drilled to the sound as I followed her brothers steps with my eyes. Tears filled my eyes as I thought deeply what caused him to be like this.

It has been like this for four weeks, he seemed agiated, anxious, distressed and frantic about every single thing in his life. His posture has changed, like he is training for a marathon. His attitude changed, I have not seen him smile for a long time. 
He makes me feel uneasy by al the things he is doing. Locking suddenly all the doors in the house. Instructing me to trust not a singe soul but him. Giving me pepperspray so I could 'protect' myself. I almost laughed frantically when he sat me down to give me that. But it was a serious matter to him, his eyes and dark voice were too genuine to be joking. A few days later, while cleaning I even found a baseball bat lying under his bed. 
Everytime when I asked him questions he didn't have a single answer for me, he wouldn't look me in the eye. He wanted me to be close to him, but I only wanted distance myself from this person I didn't recognize as my brother anymore.

Wonho closed the door behind him as I stood there lost for words. It was 2:32 in the night when he came home. He seemed so exhausted and torned. I was gathering all of my courage to confront him that I couldn't live like this anymore. We were both always on edge, walking on eggshells everyday, not knowing what was waiting for me. But when I saw his face I lost all the confidence I had. 

More than one year ago our mother had died suddenly from a . Everything changed, we still managed to keep her house, because Wonho saved up enough money. I dropped out of highschool, I couldn't handle to see how Wonho was working so hard to maintain everything in the household. He was dissapointed that I dropped out but I could somehow see a hint of relieve in his eyes. 
We made sure that we 'visited' mom once every month to talk with her. But since a few months Wonho didn't talk to her anymore and last time he didn't want to go with me to the cemetry. He had changed so badly, the only thing that I could do is be there for him.

Yawning I made breakfast for both of us the next morning. I plated everything up like we used to do every sunday. 

"Wonho, I've made breakfast, lets eat together?" I asked as I hopefully watched the door of my brothers bedroom. It didn't budge. I stared back at the food sadly. He opened the door and I turned around. 

"Lets eat!" I almost yelled and eagerly sat down waiting for him.

He walked past the table as I saw him reaching for the cabinets. He looked jittery, a frown plastered on his face while fumbeling through some paperwork. 

"Can I help y.."

"Bomi, please. Don't do this to me, I am just looking for something." 

"I just wanted to help you."

"You can't" he said monotone, "I need to leave, don't wait or stay up for me," he continued while standing up. 

I was taken back by his words and decided it was better to keep quiet and turned back to my plate. The hungry feeling wasn't there anymore, I felt empty, unsure what to do.
Wonho turned around sighing deeply, "I am sorry, I will make it up to you, I promise. Remember, don't open the door for anyone but me." 

His words sounded bitter and harsh. My eyes searched his and I nodded obiedently. He give a tiny smile away while he tied his shoes. Something didn't feel right, but it felt like this for weeks. I've been through his paperwork secretly, even his phone. Not a single clue was found why he was so uptight. 

After Wonho left to god knows where I cleaned up the table while mumbling to myself. 
'Why won't he talk, maybe he has a girlfriend? Is it his work that is tough on him?' 
Fixing my glasses on my nose I occupied myself with reading an old book, tomorrow I had another work day so I took this sunday as a restday. 

~

"Bomi, you look tired?"
I looked up as I came into the staffroom, prepairing myself for the work that was waiting for me. 

"Ah, well you know me, I always look tired" I smiled weakly while fixing my work attire. Wonho didn't came home last night, and I stayed up allnight watching the door. I called him four times and after leaving six messages I had leave for work. 

The day was progressing slowly, I made sure I didn't have to deal with customers. I wasn't in the mood and in fact I could barely keep a smile plastered on my face while serving them. 

"They are here again," whispered one of my collegues while I passed her with garbage bags.  I looked up and saw a small group of guys sitting in the corner. 
One of them noticed me and my co-worker staring at them, and he gave us a creepy smirk while winking. 
"s" I scoffed as I averted my gaze to continue to do my chores. 

I heard the group of guys laughing loudly as my colleague tried to give them their orders.
"Oops!" Yelled one of them while smashing 'accidentally' coffee cup from the table. The whole group laughed viciously as they looked down upon her friend.
 
I wasn't heroic or strong, but seeing people in need of help I always made sure to really help them out. 

"I will clean it up," I smiled to her as she tried to clean the mess up, "go-on help the others" I asked while pointing towards the register were people where lining up to get their orders taken. She nodded thankfully as she stood up and sprinted towards the checkout. 

"Well you took all the pleasure away from us," huffed one of the four guys while sipping on his coffee. 

"It's quite annoying indeed," one mentioned as he gave my a dirty look.
 
Pretending that they never said a word I continued to clean the floor. When I stood up one of the guys grabbed my wrist. Shocked and speechless I looked at him. His grip was strong and against my will he pulled me closer. 
Nobody in the café seemed to notice what was going on since they were sitting in the corner of the store.
 
"You have something... " he started, while his other hand was reaching out to my cheek.
Just as I thought he was just wiping away something that I had on my face, he swiftly grabbed my glasses.

"Hey! Give that back!" I yelled instantly as I  squinted my eyes, trying to see something.

My eyes were bad, -7 on the left and -8 on the right. Without my glasses I only could see vague colors and figueres, but nothing more than that.

"Give it back to the girl."
A manly, deep voice cut through the tension that was in the air, that made me fell silent. 

"Are you deaf?" 

"Who the do you think who you are?"

"I am Jooheon, before I lose my temper, give back her glasses."

I heard vaguely some murmuring between the guys and a loud gasp before someone abruptly touched my hand and pushed something in it.
I put my glasses back on as he had given to me, turning around to see someone with a broad posture walking away.