The Trinity

천사 안녕

Baekhyun arrives at the cemetery and he notice the still air and the eerie silence of a nighttime. This is artificial. It isn't natural. As a person who is granted with the gift of light, he knows there is something dark lurking tonight. 

 

So he hastened his steps, a location he remember at the back of his head even without needed too. Deeper part of the place were known as a place where the dead lives, but tonight he felt no death but fear and the stillness of air is disturbing him. Like a magnet, he finds the girl easily. 

 

She was standing there, staring in the dark and shaking from looking in the dark. When he noticed how her hands are curled into a fist and shaking like she is restraining herself from that thing he breaks into a run. Reaching her steps in a speed of a light. 

 

"Baekhyun" she exclaim. Locking eyes with the male, he noticed how her pupils were shaking in fear.

 

The king of light grant their surrounding a blessing of light but it doesn't extend like how he wanted it to be. "What the hell is this?" He asked no one in particular and really wasn't expecting a reply from the darkness. 

 

"King Baekhyun, what a beautiful coincidence!" The voice exclaims. Sounding chilly and even more darked despite the light sentence. 

 

Baekhyun squints his eyes in search for the source, but it was in vain. The dark wall were like nothing he had seen before. And there is nothing he could do against the dark. Until a figure steps slowly at the edge of his light line. 

 

"Shadow witch" he murmurs, unconsciously stepping side way to protect the girl. His brain wheeling in search for an escape way, if it not for the both of them, at the very least, for one of them. 

 

Baekhyun knows they stand no chance against her, not when the girl still haven't develop her maximum power and still weren't bonded to him for his maximum capability. 

 

"Ahh, I'm honoured that you still remember this humble person." She cackles softly. Her dark eyes pinned on the figure, everything about her is so dark and disturbing. 

 

The girl notices that she had something guarding the dark wall she created to prevent Baekhyun's light from reaching her place when she sometimes wind her hand back, like she is patting something. 

 

Baekhyun stand his ground, keeping his guard up. "What do you want?!" 

 

"Oh nothing. I'm just trying to acquaintance myself with the new member of the trinity. A member you took in after each of you wrecked me up." She start looking so sinister that it ran a chill down her spine. 

 

"It wasn't our fault that you weren't the chosen one." 

 

She suddenly laughed, sounding so evil that the girl whimpers softly as she steps closer against Baekhyun. 

 

"I am so disappointed in you Baekhyun. I thought you would stand by my side, siding with me when the other member kicked me out of the legacy." 

 

Baekhyun stilled. He remembers the moments as clear as yesterday. But there is nothing he could do. One voice versus the other is worthless and besides he knows better how dark her soul really is. 

 

He wanted to stand against her accusations when the girl suddenly steps from behind him. 

 

"It was never his fault. He can't choose with whom he would like to bond with. But still, he accept me for the sake of a better world. This isn't a choice one could make but instead its a responsibility one should take." 

Her voice was soft but her verdict was strong and inspiring. 

 

But the witch said nothing. She reads her soul. It was the purest she had ever seen, like a baby. Pure and untainted. 

 

Thats when jealousy erupts. 

 

"You know nothing about the bond we share!! It was special. Light and dark should always coexist together! And you weren't even supposed to exist in the legacy!" 

 

The shadow witch steps forward and for a seconds, baekhyun lights flickers. He felt the strenght she possessed. He look side way and notice despite the fear in her eyes, she stood still. Almost like in her combat position. 

 

She wants Baekhyun. The girl deduce, and as an anchor, she should protect her pillar. The shadow master won't harm Baekhyun, or so she thought. 

 

The girl taunted the witch. "So you actually wants Baekhyun." 

 

The witch stop to stare at her. She had masked her fear and uncertainty. This is her only chance. Create a pass way for Baekhyun to escape. Besides, he is the one she wants. 

 

"You need his light to control and grow your shadow." 

 

She smirks. "Smart girl, no wonder you were the chosen one." 

 

Baekhyun look at the girl. Wondering what is her plan actually. 

 

She takes a deep breath, unblocking the wall of thoughts from her other two pillar; Sehun and Kai. Only then she could use their power. 

 

Her finger muscles stretched, ready for a real combat. "Unlucky for you, I won't let you have him" 

 

She changes into a battle mode. Wind and transportation speed as her weapons. 

 

The witch snicker before muttering softly, "clumsy girl" 

 

The attack she does were easily evade by the dark witch. She was now a little far from Baekhyun, failing to notice how the shadow had moved from surrounding the both of them to just creating a semicircle around Baekhyun. 

 

Baekhyu felt breathless and suffocating. There something pinning him stilled as he watches the battle unfolds. 

 

She stops to take a breath, scratches and cuts on her skin doesn't slows her down; when she notices a movement in the shadow. Lurking behind her pillar who is still pinned by the battle before him. She glances at the witch and noticed how she had her focus on Baekhyun. Like she is controlling something surrounding him. 

 

And that's when she saw it, a shiny metal like blade, just few meters behind the man. Pointed towards the only male. 

 

"BAEKHYUN!"

 

It happen in a blink of an eye, she teleport just behind him to accept the dagger, piercing into her flesh as warm blood tickles down from the opened skin. 

 

She hears multiple shout of her name from two voice she had grown familiar with, her pillars is here. 

 

Baekhyun shouts out her name as she whimpers softly when the dagger is pulled back and disappears again into the shadow. 

 

The male holds her softly, assessing her cut as he holds her against him. It wasn't a deep cut, but the amount of blood flowing nauseating his nose. The blood of his anchor. 

 

He looks into her eyes, making sure she is still conscious. And that's when he felt it. 

 

The tug when the bond finally clinch. Sehun and Kai told him it was a wonderful feeling. Like a walk on the beach with contented heart and soft feelings like touching the clouds. That feeling when someone is there to feel how you are and think like you do. 

 

But Baekhyun doesn't feel that, instead he felt the quenching pains like your organ is being squished together and piercing sharp pain each time you take a breath and how bad it is to actually take a breath. It was so painful that even he himself, shed a tears. 

 

But among all that he felt through her emotions, not a single part he felt hatred or disappointment for him.  

 

Kai and Sehun were trying to protect both of them; trying their best to ignore the pained feelings they felt through the bond; when Baekhyun's light flickers. Similar to how the light in her eyes fading, flickering softly before she succumbed into unconsciousness. 

 

He cradles her softly against his body, her head pressed against his chest when suddenly a bright light emitted from the both of them. It shines so bright that the other two had to close their eyes, hearing a shrieking pained shout as the shadow witch burn from the intensity. Her body dispersed into the air Sehun had created like an ashes drifting. 

 

They break into a run to her body. Sehun checking her pulse immediately as Kai assess her wounds. 

 

"She's still with us, but faintly. We have to take her back! Maybe Yixing hyung can help" 

 

Kai nods as he easily teleport the four of them back to the mansion. Baekhyun carry her bridal style, fear creeping into his heart at the thought that any second he is holding her right now might be the last second he could actually do so. 

 

Yixing somehow had been prepared for the situation. Its takes a few minutes for Yixing to cure her opened skin and inspect her soft organ that might be affected. 

 

"I think she should be fine for now. It wasn't a deep cut which is weird since it is an attack by the shadow witch. But we'll further inspect her tomorrow. For now, all that I can say is she needs to rest and heal." Yixing explained. 

 

Her pillar never left her side, staying forever and taking turns; at least between Sehun and Kai. But Baekhyun never left. 

 

It had been days yet she still doesn't wakes up. It scares them every second might be the last second she's with them.

 

Baekhyun sighed softly. Ever since the incident, all he could feel is guilt. Over the girl. He is the exact reason as to why she is here, hopeless and motionless. 

 

And even more guilty after the talk he had with the other member of the trinity. 

 

He shouldn't have felt so useless right now. 

 

"The dagger was meant for you, Baekhyun." Suho starts as the other member nods in agreement. 

 

"The wound even if it was inflicked on you weren't enough to kill you, but the poison might did." Yixing finally explains. Catching Baekhyun's attention. "What poison?" 

He almost growls in anger at what the witch had done. 

 

"She might have a coat of poison on the dagger which is meant to kill your light from within your soul. It was a powerful potion." 

 

"Then find the cure! Make it! I don't care what it takes just save her!" He burst. 

 

But the Yixing only shakes his head. As the king of healing power, its a shame to say that he possesses no skills to counter the poison. 

 

Baekhyun felt heartbroken and despair that the girl, his anchor were fighting all this on her own, all because of him. 

 

"But perhaps, there is way." Suho starts. 

 

Baekhyun focuses on him, leaning to listen more attentively. 

 

"You said you had clinched the bond, but Baekhyun, the bond were not yet completed at this very moment." Baekhyun stares dumbfounded at the male, Suho. "The bond will only be completed when you intimately connected with her." Baekhyun blush at the mention. 

 

"B-but she's unconscious now." He reasoned. 

 

Suho shakes his head. "I believe she is in the state where she can still listen and feel us." Baekhyun takes a while to process the information. 

 

"This could be our only chance. We don't know how bad the poison is affecting her." Suho reasoned. He sees the troubled look on the younger's face. "But the ultimate decision is in your hand." 

 

Baekhyun bobs his head in understanding. Whatever happens and what ever decision he makes is always for the best of her. 

 

Presently, Baekhyun stays by her side. Watching solemnly as she struggles within. Cold sheets of sweats on her forehead, soft whimper and mumbles pained his heart. He could see how much she is in trouble. 

 

At some point during the night when she starts sobbing with fresh tears down her cheeks that he made up his mind. 

 

She was clawing her sides, the dark dreams of the dead crawling over her skin makes her sick, yet there's nothing she could do but watch. It was pitch dark when the figures tickles her skin with their pointy nails. 

 

But then a distinct warmth envelope her. Pushing the creeping creature further away from her. The warmth wasn't welcomed but it was a pleasant one. 

 

Her whimpers and sobs turns into moans and mewls. She could hear herself so loudly, wondering what is happening to her. 

 

It feels like someone is pumping her and just before she let go of the block, finally; she heard him. 

 

"Comeback to me sweetheart" right next to her ears. Voice sounding so unfamiliar but welcomed.

 

The light finally shone on her as she gasped like a fish out of water. Flooding her numbing muscles with oxygen. Now physically and mentally exhausted. She succumb into a deep sleep with the warmth surrounding her. 

 

"Baekhyun." She mumbles sleepily, recognising her pillar with the power of light. 

 

He panted breathlessly. It was amazing but it wasn't how he imagine it would happen. He look to his side where his anchor is sleeping; he could say soundly. Curling on her side lika baby seeking warmth from his body. 

 

He pulls her closer by her waist, wrapping an arm on the bare skin. Bodies flushed together as he takes a good look on the girl who sacrificed everything just for him. 

 

Baekhyun lays sideway as he curls a stray lock behind her ear. Noticing that her skin is no longer pale but flushed pink. Her lips slowly returning to its healthy shades. He smiles. 

 

"Comeback to me." He mutters as he kissed her  temple. 

 

Baekhyun wasn't the first to wake up the next morning. He was all alone on the king sized bed, crumpled sheets and her body weren't right next to him. 

 

A pang of disappointment fills his heart. He wants her to be the first person he looks when he wakes up. He pouted subtly as he moves to leave the room. 

 

Lively chatters were heard from the dining area,  she was there with her other two pillar. The sight were she is healthy and talking again is pleasant but the way she is seated wasn't so. 

 

The girl was sitting on the youngest king lap while her eight king right next to her, feeding her with nutritious food all the while with his hand caressing her inner thigh. 

 

Baekhyun present weren't notice, so he cleared his throat to his arrival, catching all three attention. The girl shifts uncomfortably on Sehun's lap. Feeling shy under his unreadable gaze. 

 

Sehun and Kai were just staring between the girl and Baekhyun. Noticing the tension in between them. 

 

"How are you feeling?" He asked as he stroll to get a glass of juice. 

 

She nods slowly, "better than before." Her attention is shifting from Baekhyun to Sehun as the latter curl a wild tendrils behind her ear. Smiling softly, hoping to ease her nerves. 

 

Baekhyun casually walk closer as he place the back of his hand on her forehead earning a soft gasped from the girl at his sudden behaviour. 

 

Baekhyun hummed softly. His verdict is cut off when Sehun pry his hand away from the girl. 

 

"Thank you for healing her yesterday, hyung." He bit on while hiding his smirk by planting little kiss behind her neck. 

 

Kai smirks at the exchange, noticing how his hyung tightens expression at the way the younger ones taunt him. 

 

The girl busies herself playing with her food, refusing eye contact with the older pillar. "She was grateful with what you have done." Kai said as he plays with the end of her locks.

 

The whole interaction Baekhyun watched with a smouldering jealousy in his heart. He wants to be the one who holds he too, who could kiss her anytime he wants too and cherish her the way they did. His heart is thawing to shower his anchor with all the loves he could gives. 

 

Baekhyun hummed before he swiftly left the kitchen area. It hurts him that his anchor is having fun with the other two member while he is stuck alone. 

 

 

"Let's go on a date!" Sehun exclaimed. 

 

It was way to early for a Sunday activity yet the boys seems pretty excited. For no reason. 

 

Kai smile when his anchor buries her nose deeper into her pillow. "I don't want to go out." She mumbles into it. 

 

Sehun buries his finger in between her dark locks. "But this is the first time all four of us has a free time together." He ended it with a puppy like sounds, making it even harder for her to refuse his offer.

 

"He's right sweetheart, this might be our only chance." He had settle himself at the end of her bed. 

 

She sighed unwillingly although she agrees to the suggestion. "Fine." 

 

Sehun and Kai couldn't hid their excitement as they shared a hi five. 

 

"Get ready in an hour." Kai said as he leave her room after pecking her lips and a forehead kiss by Sehun. 

 

She takes her time in getting ready and picking out her clothes and was getting ready when the door to her room is opened. 

 

Sehun slumps his shoulder, looking as devastated as he could. "I don't think we should go out today baby." 

 

"What?? Why??" She exclaims. 

 

"Baekhyun hyung hasn't been feeling well as we speak." He said as he settles on her bed. He is already in his best outfit for their date. But the disappointment in his eyes is evidence further more when he realise that the girl had prepare herself to the fullest. 

 

"What's wrong with him? Is he sick?" She panicked a little. Putting down her lipstick in hand. 

 

Sehun shrugged. "Down with a fever i think." He pouts. "We can't just leave him alone and have fun to ourselves." 

 

They both tick in silence until she sighed softly. Sehun had been wanting to spend some time outside for such a long time. This might be his only chance. 

 

"Its okay Sehun, you should just go with Kai. Have fun and be home for dinner together." 

 

Sehun stares at her wide eyed. "Really?! But what about you?" 

 

"I'll just stay with Baekhyun and prepares dinner as our get together." She is already standing from her vanity, just in time to see Kai walking into her room. "Just make sure you guys be back for dinner." 

 

She said as he eyes the two males. Pointing her  finger for good measures. 

 

Kai was still a little lost when Sehun literally drags him out of the room, leaving no chance for him to argue. 

 

She walks stealthy into the man's room. 

 

Baekhyun focuses on the door when it creaked open with its heavy weight. The girl peeked her head inside. Almost shy intruding the owner. 

 

"C-can I come in?" She asked politely. Baekhyun had to fight the urge to show her his dorky smile. He bobs his head in approval. 

 

She walks to the side of his bed. The male were just sitting there and is browsing thru his phone. He locks his phone as he focus all his attention to the girl. 

 

She was wearing her skinny jeans and cropped tank top, just a comfortable attire for their outings. He feels a tad guilty for tricking her like this, but he had no other way to have her all to himself. 

 

"How are you feeling?" She asked softly. 

 

She was still an arm length away from his. "I don't know. But I do feel a bit warmer." 

 

Just as he expected, she reaches forward to test his verdict only to let out a squeaky shout as she topples on bed with him. 

 

He had secured one of her wrist with his hand as the other one is trapped under his weight. She gasped when they locked eyes, noticing how close they were even half of his weight is on her shoulder. 

 

Too close. They were too close. 

 

"Wh-what are you doing?" She stammered at his sudden personality changes. His eyes were soft and warm as they ran through her feature. 

 

Not responding to her question instead he inch even closer. The girl wishes the bed would just opened up and swallow her whole. His eyes were locked on her lips. 

 

"Baek- Baekhyun shi." 

 

He stops as he looks up at her. "Baekhyun. Just Baekhyun, please." 

 

The girl's quirk her eyebrows. 

 

"I want to hear my name on your lips. Baekhyun." 

 

The girl keeps mum. 

 

"I won't let you go if you don't call me by my name." He smirks. 

 

"Baekhyun." She finally says after a few minutes of silently staring. 

 

Baekhyun bits his lips to prevent a smile from showing. "Louder." 

 

"Baekhyun." Her tone is still the same. It wasn't the tone she uses when she's with Sehun or Kai. And it irks him. 

 

He lean closer. Closing the distance and he notice how she tense in his advance. Her wrist struggles to let go. "Not the right tone that i want." 

 

She looks into his eyes. Wondering what is happening with this man before her. "What do you want Baekhyun?" She finally asked. 

 

Baekhyun smirks charmingly at her. Pulling back to focus on her. 

 

"I want you." He whispers. Making a teasing gush of his hot breath tickles her cheeks. 

 

But the answer he said gives more effect on her. It feels like her heart had been jump starts and beat miles per second. 

 

"Do you know how jealous I am" Baekhyun continues, "that the other pillars get to touch you so freely, so lovingly while I am stuck here where I could only touch you in your dreams." 

 

She pinned her eyes on his. Ravishing the truth behind his words. 

 

Noting her lacks of resistance, he pulls his hand securing her wrist to curl her tousled hair away from her face. 

 

His touch was soft and gentle. Unknowing to the girl, she blush a shades of pink of her cheeks. A chuckles a rise from the man. 

 

Baekhyun leans closer, softly tickling her lips with his. The girl doesn't push him away so he takes it to himself to press them together. 

 

When the girl doesn't respond against his advance, he pulls back. Her eyes were void of emotions that it scares him a little. 

 

"What's wrong?" He asked. Afraid that he hurt her. 

 

"You don't want me Baekhyun." She said. Finally staring straight into his eyes. They were glossy and dark. He feel the tightening in his heart when she continues. "This is just an infatuation you felt to me thru the bond, when in reality. You don't want me, Baekhyun." 

 

She pushes him softly as he takes a moment to process her words. She manages to get down from the bed when he grasped her wrist. 

 

"Don't go. Please." He pleads. 

 

If he should get down and beg on his knees so that she wouldn't leave him, he would do it. He needs to make this right, he knows. Sehun and Kai had sacrifices their time with her to give him a chance to do this. 

 

She bits on her bottom lips, killing the whimper at the tome he's using. She hear him shuffling behind her as he stand behind her. 

 

"How is it so easy for you to tell me that when you were all that i wants; in both reality and dream." 

 

A single tear drop from her eye. His grip on her hand tighten. She could feel his warmth against her back. 

 

"If this is just an infatuation, then why would I wish it'll never change. Staying and forever remains." 

 

Baekhyun chokes on his words. For a guy who talks a lot a confident, he felt lost and scared that his use of vocabulary weren't reach her like how he actually want them to. He is like a kid left in the dark at the thought of his anchor leaving him. 

 

"Why is that all that I ever wishes right now is that I could turn back time when we first met. Telling you, reminding you that you will be all that matters to me." 

 

He chokes on his tears. There's too much emotion in his heart as he bursts. "I love you." 

 

She couldn't stop the whimper escaping her lips at his burst. All of his emotion were coursing through her mind, clouding her own mind. A choked gasped leaves her lips as she felt him filling her emotion to the brim. All in her mind is Byun Baekhyun. 

 

Baekhyun snakes his arm around her middle. Pulling her against him as he rest his forehead on her shoulder. Taking in her scent  that he learnt to love so much. He tears up at the thought that this might be the only time he gets to hold her like this. 

 

The girl felt warm damp drops on her skin. Baekhyun is crying and his thought is killing himself. 

 

She breaks his hold as she turn around, facing the man who had his eyes down. Embarrassed to face the only girl who could make him tear up. She tilt his head to look at her, "No. stop thinking like that." 

 

Baekhyun searches her eyes as she looks back at him. 

 

"Stop thinking like that. This is not our last time. This is our first." Baekhyun look puzzled as she continues. "You can hold me anytime you want to, you can do anything you want to me, Baekhyun." 

 

She holds to the side of his hips. "I am your's even if you don't want me." 

 

He wonder of that is exactly how he looks right now with glossy eyes and dried tears on his cheeks. He wordlessly cup her face  as he uses his thumb to swipe her fresh fallen tears. 

 

She rest her head on his chest, listening to the constant beating of his heart. She takes a deep breath. Her cheat felt so complete that they felt like it might burst into butterflies. Finally, a completed triangle. 

 

Baekhyun had his arms wraps around her as he pushed her deeper into his warmth, his nose in her hair taking a lungful of her shampoo. 

 

They stayed silent like that. Baekhyun had rocked them softly side to side. 

 

"I am destined to fall for you. But I am in love with you the moment I saw you. I love you too." She whispers shyly. 

 

Baekhyun smiles to himself, tighten his hold as his respond to her confession. Now this is the feeling Sehun and Kai describe. He relish the contented symphony the triangle plays as their heart and souls twirling together. ╰(*´︶`*)╯

 

---------------------╰(*´︶`*)╯-----------------

 

hello people! So, this is just a really stupid story i wrote during my free time and its not good, i know. But anyway, really; a big thank you for reading! I have poll down below, mind votin for me?? Hahahaha, and do comment on what you think of this story! (๑>◡<๑)