Stay for us

Stay

Checking her phone for the one last time, Min Young sighs. It has been three days and Jun-myeon has yet contacted her either through calls or messages. Her tears which she has been holding from falling for the past three days start to cover her both cheeks.

 

Pulling her knees close to her, she cries her heart out. She has never been so in love and what more about being hurt by someone she loves the most. Having Jun-myeon as her first serious love and getting married after staying together for merely 100 days, she has never imagine that he will hurt her as she has put her trust on him.

 

“Come, let’s eat. It’s has been three days you last eaten. ”

 

Min Young looks up to see her eldest sister kneeling beside her. Like a little chick seeing her mother hen, she goes straight into her embrace, crying again.

 

“I’m seriously clueless, sister. Am I wrong when I ask why he is always come home late? Am I wrong when I ask for his where being? Am I wrong when I’m asking because I care for him? Am I wrong when the fact is I’m his wife? How could he call me an ‘outsider’?”

 

her hair, Mi Yeon tries her best in calming her precious youngest sister like their mother would. “Push the divorce thoughts out of your mind now. Pull yourself together, Min Young. Starving yourself is not the way out of the problem. You have to take good care of yourself or you may harm him.”

 

Pouting her lips, she shakes her head. With tears still falling like the rain outside, she replies, “I don’t want to. I’m seriously not feeling well. My heart is in pain and that ruin my appetite.”

 

Picking herself up, Min Young stands up from the corner and drops herself on the bed. Pulling the comforter closer to herself, she signals her sister to leave her alone.

 

Sighing at the sight, Mi Yeon picks up the food and chooses to leave the room. But, before she makes an exit, she advises,

 

“There’ll always be fights among husband and wife. After all, the two of you are brought up from two different families. Surely there’ll be clash in personalities and ways of living. But, keep in mind that marriage is like planting a seed and waiting for it to grow up into a tall and strong tree. You need to shower it with lots of love and take great care of it.”

 

She pauses for a moment, checking on Min Young’s reaction, but she sees none. “Divorce is not the way out. Try to recall those sweet memories you guys created. Maybe then you will figure out a way for this fight.”

 

When she hears the door being closed, Min Young opens her eyes.

 

It started with just coughing but the moment she felt herself shivering like a Chihuahua, she knew she had had fever. And worse, running nose too seemed to have developed without her realizing. Sensing that she would need some time to recover, she informed her boss that she would like to have two days emergency leaves and chose to stay at home.

 

“Min Young, you’re exactly like you grandmother when down with flu.” That was what her mother commented whenever she got sick. And now she really wished she could be different this time around as Jun-myeon had been away attending conference in Busan.

 

“What had happened to you, Min Young?” Worries could be seen on Jun-myeon’s face right after he found her curling up like a ball on the bed in their room. His hands went on to check on her before he exclaimed, “You’re having high fever, Min Young!” 

 

When he stepped into their house, he felt something amiss. It was unusually quiet compared to the other days where Min Young could be seen working out on her treadmill or doing Yoga or Pilates on her exercise mat. But that day, there was none and the blasting music that could rock the whole apartment upside down too was missing. Without wasting another second, he went on to search for his beloved wife after dropping his luggage.

 

She didn’t know when she had fallen asleep, but the moment she heard his soothing voice vibrated through her eardrums, she smiled and tried her best in waking up in order to welcome him home like she used to do. Unfortunately she failed miserably as every part of her body refused to do as ordered by her mind.

 

“I’m just down with flu, Jun-myeon. I’ll be alright in no time.” She tried to reassure him. If only she knew what she said could turn Jun-myeon’s anger mode on later, she swear she would rather zip shut.

 

“Han Min Young, you’re surely not down with flu! You’re much more serious than that. I’m going to bring you to the hospital for a check-up.” Jun-myeon shouted at her after she vomited after minutes she finished the dinner he made for her.

 

Shaking her head, she stopped him from dragging her to the hospital. “I’m seriously okay. It’s just another normal routine of mine when I’m sick. Just make me a cup of hot milk will do.” Mentally she tried to figure out a way in telling him her headache she had whenever she is sick. But before she could do it, she felt herself air-borne. He had lifted her up, bridal style and heading to the car.

 

“Put me down, Jun-myeon.” Min Young protested and struggled to free herself. “Jun-myeon, there’ll be wind in my stomach every time I’m sick. That’s why I vomited. You shouldn’t trouble yourself now since you just come back from work.”

 

Jun-myeon just turned a deaf ear to her protest and proceeded to the nearest hospital. Min Young could only watch in dismay. This grandmother sickness of her really got her into big trouble. How she wished she didn’t inherit it.

 

Watching how he took a week of leave in order to take care of her touched her heart. And his hard work in preparing her meals every six hours melted her heart. His every action after she was discharged for having virus in the blood made her realized that she did made the right choice in marrying him.

 

“Who needs a doctor when you’ve a husband like me?”

 

 

 

#                                     #                                    #

 

 

 

Pouring himself another glass of Belvedere, Jun-myeon lifts it with a heavy heart. When he takes another sip of it, his heart feels another searing of pain. It has been three days he last seen his beautiful wife as well as last heard her sweet adoring voice.

 

Whenever he tries to apologize to her, he would stare at his phone for minutes, typing and erasing his messages for ages before ended up throwing his phone away. His ego and pride always have a better of him and makes him hesitate to take the next move in reconciling their relationship.

 

Lightly, Seung-ho taps on his shoulder. “Stop drinking, young man. Being drunk won’t help you in solving your problem. Be a real man and get her back into your arms.”

 

Taking away the glass from Jun-myeon, Seung-ho reminded him, “Fights among husband and wife is normal. But in order to save the marriage from heading towards divorce is to recall how you guys get into this marriage. And you have promised me to love and care for her but not hurt her, don’t you remember?”

 

Jun-myeon raises his head. He gives him an idiot smile and grumbles soft enough to be only heard by himself. Seung-ho shakes his head and goes back into his room, leaving him behind to have some personal time.

 

When Seung-ho is out of sight, Jun-myeon returns to his glass. Looking into the glass, something crosses his mind and instantly a smile appears on his face.

 

Though sweat covered their palms, still they hold on tight to their hands and swore not to let go of each other’s hand. Not even when Dahyun was punching hard on Jun-myeon’s chest to vent out her anger and frustration.

 

“How could you do this to me, Kim Jun-myeon? Why did you choose her over me when both of you barely know each other while I grow up with you?” Tears were overflowing on her face when she shouted at him.

 

“I’m sorry, Dahyun. It’s her that I love and wish to marry. I’m sorry.” He knew she was heartbroken but he couldn’t help as he had never developed any feeling towards her. She had after all, the choice of his parents.

 

Nor it was when Mrs. Yang slapped Min Young hard on her right cheek before labeling her ‘cheap dirt’.

 

“You’re such a disgrace to your parents. Thank goodness that my son didn’t get to have such cheap dirt as his wife!”

 

Keeping her head low, Min Young bowed to the Yangs and offered her apologies. “I’m sorry that the wedding ended up this way. I’m sorry, Seung-ho. I know you love me after our first date at Lotto World. Unfortunately I couldn’t return your love because I only regard you as a brother of mine.”

 

Being a gentleman, Seung-ho put up a strong front and congratulated her for finding her true love. He even left a few words to Jun-myeon before he left them to face their ultimate obstacle for their marriage.

 

Min Young was peeking at Jun-myeon when he looked down on her. Without any words spoken, they just nodded their head and smiled at each other as if they had communicated through their heart. Together they braved themselves to face their parents.

 

When Mr. Han tapped on the table, everyone in the room jolted up in surprise. Clearing his throat, he said, “Just do whatever you want to do and don’t you blame anyone for your decision.”

 

Her mother who was sitting beside him frowned and protested for instant, “Honey, why did you give them your consent when we have a better candidate for her?”

 

“Do we look like we have a choice?”

 

Just a simple answered managed to shut Mrs. Han. All she could do was giving her precious little daughter the deadly stare of a hungry tigress.

 

“Mother, though Jun-myeon is not the CEO of his company like Seung-ho for [email protected], but when love is in the air, I feel like a millionaire.”

 

 

 

#                                      #                                   #

 

 

 

 It has been about ten minutes since Min Young stands in front of the reserved VIP room. She is still wondering whether to enter or ignore Dahyun’s invitation to her engagement party.

 

“You’ll come right?” Dahyun asked when she dropped by her office during her lunch break.

 

Seeing Dahyun with her puppy eyes made it hard for her to say no. With that she nodded her head and agreed to go to her engagement party.

 

“Oh my, I love you so much my lovely sister.” Dahyun cried in excitement before running to her and gave her a hug. Min Young could only smile at her reaction.

 

Right after the engagement between Dahyun and Jun-myeon called off, Dahyun had set Min Young as her enemy. But after a heart-to-heart talk between the two of them which Min Young initiated, their relationship took a change of direction. They now proclaimed themselves as the inseparable buddies, just like Seung-ho and Jun-myeon.

 

Taking one last deep breath, Min Young knocks on the door before entering. Then, something catches her attention the moment she opened the door.

 

The VIP room is fully decorated but there is only one table for two in the center. Feeling something is wrong somewhere, she takes out her phone and calls Dahyun to check whether she indeed comes to the right place. To her surprise, her call is directed to the voice mail. And now, she is feeling uneasy and starts to wonder whether Dahyun has tricked her into some secret plans of hers.

 

While she is figuring out, Jun-myeon steps out from his hiding place with a bouquet of red roses and a box behind his back. Slowly he walks towards her and when she turns around sensing his existence, he kneels down in front of her.

 

“Ms. Han Min Young, will you marry me, Kim Jun-myeon?”

 

Min Young stares at him, dumbfounded and goes speechless for a second.

 

“I just realized not too long ago that I’ve never proposed to you before our marriage. I know it’s every girl’s dream to have a romantic marriage proposal from their boyfriend. And now, though we may have been husband and wife for a year, I do wish to make your dream comes true.” Jun-myeon goes on to explain his action though she is not giving him any reaction.

 

“There are four things needed before I propose to you which are flowers, ring, money and reason. And I’ve prepared them now.

 

Number one - flowers. Your favorite is red roses and I’ve bought a dozen for you.

 

Number two - ring. Yes, I’ve bought you a brand new one in order for us to start anew.

 

Number three - money. I may not have a bank full of money, but I’ve called the insurance companies and ordered them to put your name as the beneficiary.

 

Number four, the most important of them all – reason.”

 

For a moment, Jun-myeon pauses and checks on Min Young’s reaction. Though she is still having her poker face intact, still that doesn’t dampen his courage to finish his mission to capture her heart again.

 

“Min Young, I know I’m not handsome compared to those idols or artists out there. I know I’m not perfect as I’ve so many shortcomings compared to you. I know I’m not rich compared to Seung-ho. I know there’re many disadvantages if you say yes. But I want to tell you that I really love you. You’re like the precious gem for me in this world. I wish and I want to make you happy and give you everything I’ve. And I’ve written a poem for you.

 

It starts by the sea

Where you saved me

Stunned by what I see

I ask, whose goddess is this?

 

It starts by a dish

Which lead to our kiss

For that moment of bliss

It’s you that I miss

 

It starts with nothing

Now I feel something

Seriously I think

You’re my everything

 

It maybe just days

But love comes our way

My heart will never sway

I love you is what I want to say

 

I know I’ve hurt your feeling when I called you an outsider. I’m sorry for treating you that way. And i wish to get a second chance from you. And that’s why I’m asking for your hand in marriage again.”

 

Looking straight into her eyes, he asks, “Will you marry me, Ms. Han Min Young?”

 

With teary eyes, Min Young nodded her head. How could she say no when she is really touched after hearing his poem.

 

“Hurray!” Jun-myeon cried and lifts her up, circling till he feels dizzy.

 

“Stop it, Jun-myeon or I’m going to vomit!” Min Young asks in despair as she starts to feel nauseate the moment he lifted her up.

 

Realizing his action is a little too over reacting, he stops right away and put her down. “I’m sorry. I’m just too happy.” He tries to apologize along the way.

 

“Promise me not to do this anymore as I’m sick of vomiting since he is in there.”

 

Blinking his eyes a few times, he wonders whether he hears it right. “Did you say he just now?”

 

Looking at him innocently, she nods her head. She then changes her expression to a more serious kind before warning him. “Listen Kim Jun-myeon, I’m letting you go this time for our baby’s sake. If you ever do this to me again and I swear I’ll go straight to Lawyer Lee for our divorce paper.”

 

Lifting his hand up, Jun-myeon makes a salute to her and exclaims, “Yes, ma’am. I, Kim Jun-myeon promise and swear with the name of God, that I’ll love and care Han Min Young till the day I die! And to our baby or babies too!”

 

Wiping the tears that cover her face, she smiles at him and goes forward to hug him.

 

No matter what is the reason, but the both of them find the candle-light dinner is the best meal they have ever had.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N:

Ahnyoung to my fellow subscribers ^_*

How are you guys doing? I’m so sorry for updating this late when I’ve promised to finish it fast. I’m seriously sorry for letting you guys down. I’m sorry.

Well, tbh the original plot for this chapter is different though the last part is the same. I couldn’t help but change it after the feel and idea disappeared while I was sick for the past three weeks. I may not be fully recovered yet (looks like I’m going to have another outbreak again), but hey that shouldn’t be the excuse right? I do hope this doesn’t disappoint you since this is the fourth version I’ve here and feel satisfied.

So, may I know your thoughts after reading this? Please feel free to leave me your comment as I swear I won’t bite because I really love to hear from you to improve.

And yea, upvote it if you feel I deserve it.

Till my next fanfics, have a great day guys!

~Love, NoonaYoung~