Stay for me

Stay

A/N: Those words in Italic are flashback while those in normal font are present time.

 

 


 

 

 

It is only four in the morning and the ray of sunlight couldn’t be spotted yet. With only the sound of waves hitting the beach, Min Young sits at her favorite spot that has the best view out at the sea. When the sea breeze hit her face, she feels nothing but only pain in her heart.

 

Pulling her cardigan closer to chest, droplets of tears start to fall one by one before wetting both sides of her cheeks. She knows by the time the sun rises, their life would never be the same again.

 

“Min Young, please don’t remain silent as if you don’t care about what I’ve said. I know you’re mad at me. Hit me, yell at me, just do anything you want to vent out your frustration. Just please stop being like this, I beg you, please!” Jun-myeon shook her in desperate.

 

Gently she pushed away his hands holding tight on her shoulders, she took a few steps backwards before looking up at him. “Jun-myeon, why should I mad at you when the fact that both of us are nothing more than friends?”

 

“Friends?”

 

Nodding her head with confident, Min Young chuckled, “Come on, Jun-myeon. We just know each other for like about a hundred days, please don’t tell me that the feeling of love for me have blossom in your heart? We’re still strangers!”

 

Looking at the expression on his face, she knew he found it hard to believe in what she had said.

 

“Min Young, you’re just joking right? It’s couldn’t be real, isn’t? I know you must be hiding the truth from me, right?”

 

Pulling out the couple wristband on her right hand, she took his hand before placing it into his palm and closing it. “Jun-myeon, we may have had lived in together for the past three months, but that doesn’t mean we’re having a special relationship. Let’s just conclude that we’re closer than friends but we’re definitely not an item!”

 

This time, Jun-myeon was clearly taken aback by Min Young’s declaration. With a shaky voice, he asked her, “Have you like me before?”

 

Min Young paused for a second. Her mind went blank while her heart hesitated about the answer.

 

“Min Young?”

 

Slowly she raised her head and replied, “Yes, I liked you. But I …”

 

Hearing her answer put a smile on his tensed face. With just a pull, he had her in his embrace. Hugging her tight, he whispered into her ears, “That’s enough. Thank you, Min Young.”

 

Shocked was clearly written on her face reacting to his sudden action, but she didn’t protest. Her hands went round and she leaned on to his chest hearing his every heartbeat.

 

“Thank you too, Jun-myeon for everything.”

 

 

 

#                             #                           #

 

 

 

While everyone is in their dreamland, Jun-myeon is still stirring in his bed with his eyes wide opened. No matter how hard he tried to clear his mind, he fails terribly. Memories of his stays with Min Young in Jeju for the past three months keep on flooding his mind. And now that he is all alone in his room, he feels extremely lonely.

 

Checking on the time through his phone, something catches his attention. Seeing the wallpaper on his phone brings back the memory of their first meeting by the seaside. A smile will always shows on their face recalling their first funny encounter.

 

With a swing of her hand, the bracelet was sent flying out into the sea.

 

“Dahyun!” Jun-myeon called out from behind.

 

With a smirk on her face, Dahyun turned to him and challenged him, “If you can find back the bracelet I threw out there, I’ll forgive you, Kim Jun-myeon. Reach out for me in Seoul when you have managed to get it back. Goodbye!”

 

Staring out at the sea with his mouth in ‘O’ shape, Jun-myeon could hardly believe what he saw. He would admit that it was his fault for being late every time they had their date. But, the reason for being late was seriously because of work matters and not that he did it on purpose! As a matter of fact, he did inform her that he would be late!

 

When he turned around in the hope that he would be able to catch up with Dahyun, he was wrong. She was nowhere to be seen. She just left like the wind, without a trace.

 

Looking back at the sea, Jun-myeon was mentally pulling out his hair. How could he be able to find the bracelet?

 

After a few seconds gathering his thoughts, he walked out to the sea and started searching for the bracelet.

 

The sun was soaring high up in the sky and Jun-myeon had entered deeper and deeper into the sea. When he felt a sudden pull from behind, Jun-myeon jumped in shocked.

 

“Are you crazy? Is she that great that you choose to suicide after she dumped you? Even if you want to die, please find another place, not the sea. Pity those creatures under the sea when your corpse pollutes their clean living environment!”

 

Jun-myeon blinked a few times hearing her statement. When he tried to have a look at her, he didn’t succeed except seeing hadn’t stop grumbling and mumbling. Once he managed to balance himself, he pushed her away.

 

“Ah!” the girl fell to the sand.

 

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to be harsh to you.” He bowed and offered his hand to help her up. Only then that he realized that she was not well-built as he thought she would. She was very much shorter and smaller than him. The feeling of guilt over his action filled his heart.

 

Instead of accepting his offer, she stood up herself and wiped away the sand that covered her body before heading to her belongings. “Apologize accepted. Just bear in mind that life is precious, don’t you ever think of committing suicide again.”

 

Grabbing her hand in attempt to stop her from leaving, Jun-myeon laughed. “I think you have guessed it wrong, miss. I didn’t try to commit suicide. I’m just searching for a bracelet.”

 

Raising her eyebrows, she stared at him with an unreadable expression.

 

After a few seconds, she nodded her head as if she had understood the real situation, she smiled a little.

 

“Come on, you need a change or you’ll get a cold in those wet clothes.” With that she picked up her wardrobe, wore it and gathered her things before heading home.

 

She had been in a distance when she turned around to see him still in his position. “Aren’t you coming? I’m not going to bite you, man!”

 

 

 

#                            #                           #

 

 

 

Seeing the sun rises reminds her of the promise they made with each other. Bracing the wind that blow on her face, she walks along the beach enjoying the view.

 

Slowly without her realizing, she is standing in front of her house. Taking off her shoes, she steps into the house and heads towards the kitchen as the mini orchestra has began their mini concert in her stomach.

 

Opening the fridge to check out what she can cook for breakfast only to see the remaining crabs stacked in the freezer. Once again, something comes flooding her mind and brings tears to her eyes.

 

“What happened to you? Why are drinking as if you’d just finished a marathon?” Jun-myeon found it amusing seeing Min Young rushing into the kitchen refilling her cup every thirty minutes while he was busy preparing lasagna.

 

She stopped at her step upon hearing what he had said and turned to him, giving him an irritated expression. “Why are you even bothered when this is my house?”

 

Putting down his spatula, he washed his hands before reaching her. He had a good examination on her face before quipping, “What’d happened to your lips? It’s so swollen that looks like the clown’s lips!” His hand went up to touch it but was pushed away minutes by Min Young.

 

“So what’s the big deal? Haven’t you seen a clown before? It’s just a sign of my body reacting to seafood.” She answered at ease and looked at him for his response.

 

Gulping hard, he asked with concern and a sense of guilty, “You’re allergic to seafood! Why didn’t you inform me? I could have prepared another dish for you instead of my Butter Crabs! Why did you take the risk? Don’t you know it could kill?”

 

Min Young looked at him with interest. She found him cute by the way he nagged her like her late father used to do it when she was younger. I guess it’s why we get to be so close in just minutes by the sea, she thought in her heart.

 

“Han Min Young, are you listening to me when I’m talking to you?”

 

Min Young was startled and jumped a little when he raised his voice. She blinked a few times before clearing and replied, “Of course I’m listening, Grumpy!”

 

“Grumpy? Did you just call me Grumpy?” he asked her in disbelieve.

 

She nodded her head as a sign of yes.

 

“Do you know you’ve endangered your life while taking those crabs into your body?”

 

Min Young laughed a little seeing his reaction. She shot at him, “Are you that concern of me or just simply you find my lips too y for you to handle, huh?”

 

Jun-myeon paused for a whole minute. His eyes were fixed on her lips and his heart skipped a bit when a dirty thought crossed his mind. He tried to shake it off but seeing those swollen red and puffy lips, he just couldn’t stop his mind from having those thoughts.

 

Min Young smirked at his hungry expression written on his face, she then challenged him.

 

“Do you want to have a try on it?”

 

He exhaled heavily and went up to her, “Bring it on then!” Without a second thought, he leaned forward. His right hand slipped around her tiny waist and lifted her up while his left hand tilted her head to suit himself.

 

Min Young didn’t protest when he crushed his lips on her. Though it was a little painful as he playfully bit on her swollen and itchy lips, but she enjoyed his action. And when she felt his tongue asking for her to accept his entrance, she opened willingly to satisfy his need. He went on to explore at his will. Their tongues fought among themselves and starting from hunger kiss, it turned into something called passion. They kissed at their own pace and fancied each other’s existence in their mouth.

 

“Are you that free with the other guys?” Jun-myeon asked in between the kiss before dropping her onto the sofa in the living room.

 

She pulled away from him, staring into his eyes, saying, “You’re the only guy that I’ve ever let into my house and sleep together with me on the same bed every day.”

 

 

 

#                                     #                                   #

 

 

 

Since it’s five in the morning, Jun-myeon decides that there’s still some time for him to walk down the aisle with Dayeon. Picking up the car keys hanging next to the door, he closes the door and drives his way to Jeju Island.

 

Stopping his car by the side when he reaches the familiar sea that he uses to visit two weeks ago, he walks out and takes a few deep breaths. It’s so refreshing, he mumbles in his heart.

 

With the morning sun still on its way to warm up the earth, the sound of waves across the sea is chilling. Walking down the same path he uses to walk, Jun-myeon look out at the sea.

 

“Min Young?”

 

With only the moonlight that managed to slip through the curtain, Jun-myeon started to search for Min Young when he realized that she had gone missing next to him in the middle of the night. Switching on the lamp by the bedside, he found a note left by Min Young.

 

‘Come to the sea if you’re looking for me.’

 

Putting on a shirt he grabbed on the chair, he walked out in the dark and headed to the sea. He wondered why she would go to the sea all of the sudden and what surprised him the most was that she chose to go in midnight.

 

Well being by the sea when the crickets are having their party and the moon having fun with the stars was something new to Jun-myeon. His eyes started to scan for the shadow of Min Young upon reaching there.

 

“Over here, Kim Jun-myeon!”

 

He turned his attention to the hand waving at him.

 

“Come and have a dip yourself, it’s cool and fun when there’s no one around.” She invited him before disappearing with a dive.

 

Taking her suggestion, he went straight into the sea. And when he had finally dipped himself in the sea, he could finally understand why she would choose to have dipping at such hour. It was indeed cooling and relaxing when compared to trying it in the morning.

 

If the freezing sea water could cool him down and give him a clean mind, Min Young ruined it almost immediately when she walked out from the sea to get her bathrobe. Jun-myeon’s mouth was dropping so low that it could almost touch the sand beneath him while his eyes almost fell from its sockets. Worst, he could even feel his body temperature rose and his face turned hot.

 

“Why are your eyes fixed on me?” Min Young asked as she could feel his stare the moment she stepped on shore.

 

Jun-myeon shook his head but his eyes were still focused on her.

 

Turning round, she asked again, “Then are you telling me that you have never seen a woman before?”

 

He gulped at her baldness. Blinking his eyes, he tried to turn his head around. If she had not put on the rule of ‘No Pants Down’ whenever they are, he would have done the un-expectable.

 

 

 

#                                              #                                          #

 

 

 

“Where are you now at this very moment, Han Min Young?”

 

The moment she hears her elder sister shouting at her through the phone, she pulls the phone away from her ears.

 

“I’m in Jeju now. No worry though, I’ll be there in time.” She tries to reassure her that she will be there to walk down the aisle with Yang Seung-ho.

 

“What? Jeju? Are you crazy? Don’t you know today is your big day and yet you have the mood to have fun in Jeju?”

 

Min Young takes a look at her phone before deciding to end the call. She sighs heavily when she put her phone back into her bag while her eyes still focus on the road. Her foot unconsciously steps on the break when she passes by the sea.

 

Memories of their last meeting two weeks ago once again brings tear to her already swollen eyes. Wiping the tears that covered her face with the back of her hand, Min Young parks her car to the side before getting out of it to the sea for one last time. Staring at the sea, she wishes she could turn back times and change the past.

 

She lied when she said she has no other feeling for him except the feeling of liking of a friend. How could she not develop any feeling towards him when they wake up with each other’s face welcoming their day?

 

How she wish she could tell him that she has come to love him as a man instead as a friend! Still, she is conscious enough to let him go when he announced that he is going to get married to his childhood friend, Kim Dahyun.

 

“I love you, Kim Jun-myeon. I really do love you, Kim Jun-myeon.” Min Young mumbled.

 

“Then why didn’t you tell me to stay?”

 

Hearing the familiar voice she has been missing for the past two weeks makes her knee went weak. She turns around to come face to face with the face she misses. There he is, smiling at her like an idiot.

 

“How would you stay when you’re getting married today?”

 

“How would you know if you’ve never asked before?”

 

Both of them look at each other for a minute. No one speak. It is like their hearts are having the conversation of their own.

 

Slowly he walks towards her, holding up her hands, he says, “I’ll stay and so are you. I love you, Han Min Young. Marry me instead of Yang Seung-ho. Will you?”

 

“What about Kim Dahyun, your fiancee?”

 

Pulling her closer to him, he whispered into her ears, “Just tell them we’re in love and we’re meant to be together.”

 

A droplet of tear falls on Min Young’s face. She doesn’t know how and what to response. All she can do is to nod her head in agreeing his statement.

 

“I love you, Han Min Young ever since you ‘saved’ me the other day.”

 

“I love you too, Grumpy Kim Jun-myeon ever since the kiss in the kitchen.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N:

Ahnyoung guys ^^

At last, after two weeks it’s done *phew*

Though I wish to make it more cheesy and put in something like [M] but I can’t because I don’t know how to (T_T)

So, thank you for sparing me your time in reading this, do leave me your comment (I swear I won’t bite!) and upvote it if you think I deserve it ^^

~Love, NoonaYoung~