Final.

House Of Cards

Insecure again.  Dangerous, again. So bad. Why us?  

Enduring more. Holding out.  It’s so hard. We can’t.


 

One flick, and they shattered to the ground, the first of many occasions.

 

It couldn’t be helped. It was like they were a ticking time bomb, ready to explode at any time; ready to start all over again.

 

He shouted. He shouted and he yelled until his voice went hoarse. He struggled to cope, and she could only stand and watch.

 

--

 

Even if you already knew

We couldn’t stop

No way, no way, no way, falling


 

Even if there was a way to stop this, he wouldn’t listen. It would continue. He wouldn’t let her leave, even if she wanted to. This was theirs, only they col

 

--

 

As time passes by

We only mess it up even more

No way, no way, it’s collapsing again


 

As more time passes, the relationship goes deeper, yet so do the lies, so does the fighting. Harsher and harsher both their words become, crushing the other’s heart yet they still stay. Day after day, they crash and collapse, and have to patch up it up the next day.

 

Only for it to fall again that night.

 

--

 

A house made of cards, and us inside
Even if you say you see the end, even if you say it’ll collapse soon
A house made of cards, and stupidly, us
Even if you say it’s a useless dream, just stay a little more like this

 

The house of cards is slowly burning, their patience wearing thin, yet even if one threatens to break the wreck of a relationship up, it never goes through. Even if one says they are done, they never are, they continue on through the storm. They dream of making it work, they dream that they will be happy, if they just hold on a little longer.

 

--

 

Like there’s no tomorrow
Like there’s no next time
Everything that you’ve done in front of my eyes
It’s a complete darkness

 

“There’s always tomorrow to try again.” “There’s always next time.” Lies; excuses, each of them tell themselves to keep them going. They believe it’s worth it. That no matter how much they shout and scream, it’ll all be worth it in the end, because one without the other is darkness they know they won’t overcome, life won’t be worth living.

 

--

 

Say it like you mean it
In the end, we can’t make it
Even so, I keep hoping
Even at the end, if you’re with me, I’m okay

Slow down the time
Please stay just for a little more oh
Please Baby. Calm down
Just a little more

 

“Say it. Admit it.”
“It can’t work out. I can’t live like this.”
Even if you say those things. Even if I continue to shout, I secretly hope you’ll take it just a little longer. I feel safe with you, even if I don’t show it. I want to be with you, please just hold on.

These are the words he wants to say, but he simply can’t. He’s too far. He can’t say anything without scaring her, for all he does is yell his five second thoughts. He prayed in his thoughts that time would slow, so he could spend more time with her before she left. Just hold on. Just calm down. He told himself and her.

 

--


More insecure, more dangerous
So bad (so bad) us, yeah
Enduring more, holding out
So hard, it’s collapsing again

 

Over and over again. 

 

 

--

 

588 Words of Trash