6. Reunite

Moonlight

Another year has arrived. Can't you believe how fast everything went by? They came and go in a blink of an eye. I've been loosening my grip on my works lately, which surprised both Hangeun and Jisue since I was always the first to arrived for my work in the morning and the last to leave. Maybe it was because for the past years, especially these two years, I've been burying myself with work, that I felt it's time to take a break. Maybe it was because I lost myself while loving you that I felt the need to regain and find myself again. Or maybe it was just simply because I was tired. Taking a month off, going on a vacation, seemed to refresh my mind a bit. After the vacation, I learned how to enjoy life again, which is something I completely forgot how to do after meeting you. 

Pushing my works to the side and arriving at the firework place early for once, I smiled as Hangeun and Jisue ran toward me like little kids.

"You came! You came! You actually came!" Hangeun shouted, as she threw her arms around me, jumping up and down.

"I promised you guys, remember?" I said, as a heartwarming feeling grew inside of me.

If I'm not mistaken, it's happiness. I haven't felt happiness in ages.

"You finally kept your promise after all those broken ones," Jisue said, lightly punching me in the arm.

As more people came, I losted Hangeun and Jisue in the excited crowds and gave up after spending five minutes searching for them. Many group of families chatted away near me, as I moved to a quiet corner. And then something bright shot up in the sky. Fireworks. I haven't seen fireworks for two years that I almost forgot how they look like. Seeing it for the first time in two years, it seems to be more beautiful than I had remembered.

As I watched silently, something...a feeling inside me made me turned my head. And there you are, two steps away from me, eyes already looking at me. At that moment, I felt...I don't know what I felt. I never thought of this before. Of us reuniting. I always thought that night when I left you, it will be the end, we will never see each other again, but fate decided to play another game with us. 

Your black hair were longer, swept to the side boyishly. Your eyes...there's a beautiful glow in them, moonlights, but there's something different in them. If years ago, someone told me the moonlight in your eyes would one day belong to me, I wouldn't have believe it. But now, as I stared at your eyes, I believe it. The moonlight in your eyes now, are not for her, but for me and me only. And maybe because of that, the moonlight in your eyes seem more beautiful.

You looked at me, before a smile spread across your face. I smiled back.

"How are you?" We both said at the same time.

We stared at each other for a few seconds, before broking out in laughter. And in that moment, I realized that we both had already let go of what ever that thing we were holding so tightly onto years ago. We even forgot the reason why we tried so hard to chase after those things. Under the sky of fireworks, we stand side by side, and I realized that our story is not one parting after another, it's after every parting, we always reunite. And reuniting is our ending.