I'll Create Wings For You

I'll Create Wings For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author: AnnoNiji

Title: I'll Create Wings For You

Couple: MinWoo

Length: 13 148 words

A/N: i wrote this for winnerexchange ^_^

 

 

“He's here,” Seunghoon said with a smirk.

 

Mino wanted to sigh because of his friend's behaviour. Of course he knew Jinwoo was here even if he haven't see him. It was a wolf thing to recognize someone's scent and Seunghoon did'n't have to tell him about Jinwoo's presence. But eventhough, Seunghoon liked to do useless things – because to him, they weren't useless and did matter because it was funny.

 

Jinwoo. A cute senior who looked younger than Mino by a few years. Brown bowl haircut, cute smile that showed dimples, and kind manners. It happened that Jinwoo was mistaken as a girl, but his rough and deep voice, his big hands with long fingers, and his slender body could nonetheless reminded that Jinwoo was a guy. But to be fairly honest, Jinwoo had this breathtaking beauty and aura that made everyone melt and become jelly – damn, when he looked at you with those big deer eyes...

 

This perfection only forgot one thing.

 

The sound of someone bumping into something and then falling echoed through the hall. A weird laugh but nonetheless pleasant one followed the fall. Mino closed his eyes and sighed, before opening them again to see Seunghoon laughing silently with a thumb up. Apparently, the fall had been funny to watch – and Seunghoon was always up for Jinwoo's clumsiness because it was beyond usual clumsiness. It was a real talent with Jinwoo. At first you could find it unusual or surprising, but in no time you realised it was Jinwoo's personality; it didn't break the overall gentleman and prince aura he had, and it rather improved his popularity that he was in fact the clumsiest person on earth – yeah, it kind of made him even more cute than he already was. Life was really on Jinwoo's side to give him all those wonderful traits, and what wasn't fair was that you could'nt even be jealous or mad or envious – maybe a little bit for that last one – because Jinwoo was also kind to no end, and a bit shy.

 

Any other characteristic about him?

 

“Mino!”

“Your guardian angel wants to talk with you,” Seunghoon teased.

 

– Jinwoo proclaimed himself as Mino's guardian angel.

 

α β Ω

 

You coud say Mino was like everyone else. He had done his military service right before college, entered university majoring in art, liked to doodle on every surface available, and was a man with a will to lead projects and to do his best for everything.

 

Eventhough, some facts about him weren't usual. He had an overdeveloped sense of smell, a extraordinary strength, was more frustrated than normal people, and he owned a pack. He was the leader of other wolves like him. He was an alpha, and that's why when you used the word 'manly' and 'beastly' for a guy, it had totally an other signification when it came to Mino. Mino was an handsome guy who couldn't always suppress his werewolf side. A lot of people were amazed by Mino, even when he was annoyed, angry and shouting, because he always had that attractiveness you couldn't take your eyes off of. He was the alpha of the pack of his univesity's borough – there were mostly young people in it. Seunghoon was the beta of his pack, and the closest one to Mino from everyone. Mino was the yougner one of them all, but his position as an alpha couldn't be forgotten. Despite the charge he owned, his friends were as goofy as he was and when they were in a good mood, they all threw very bad jokes and embarrassing memories.

 

His pack was his family, his everything. An alpha couldn't live without them all, he had a need of gathering to satisfy and couldn't go against his true nature. But he couldn't do everything he wanted either; werewolves were indeed hidden from the society of normal humans. Tther specific species lived in the shadows – or more like, they lived right in font of human's eyes, without them noticing some behaviours or specific traits that were from a specie. They were a minority, that was for sure, and they needed to be careful as the image of the generations before them; but they were raised with that idea of not letting anyone outside of their species knowing about them, that it was a normal thing for them like breathing. They could manage without problem and live their lives normally – humans were even oblivious and idiot enough to still create stories about them, not noticing that they rubbed shoulder with them everyday.

 

It wasn't difficult to live a normal life, and Mino had also plenty of normal friends, and of wolf friends. He wasn't friend with every wolf though – there was a tension between the different boroughs of the town; but since there wasn't that much wolves either, they didn't bring attention on them. And when they needed to settle up some stuffs between two packs, they did this in the heart of the forest or at empty places. It didn't happen a lot though; they most likely avoided each other and each other's places not to bring useless fights.

 

Mino was impetuous and Seunghoon was a tease; they were the perfect duo to lead their pack, because they had a great bond, knew how to protect everyone and to be serious when needed. But life as werewolves wasn't that much dangerous as before; everyone had their own life outside the pack, but their bond made that they liked to spend time with each other. It was a werewolf thing; they needed companions.

 

When he wasn't the alpha of his pack, Mino was an art student in his first year. Beside being young there, his talent was already aknowledged by a lot and he was proud of it – he liked the recognition and was frustrated when things didn't go his way. He couldn't help it – he had the habit of always having the upper hand since he was an alpha, and he also had to be the male and autority figure back at home with his mom and his little sister, since his dad wasn't there anymore. It could be seen as a flaw to be bad-tempered and too full of his power, but he did his best to tie it down, and Seunghoon's sly commens when he thought Mino went too far were here to remind him that he had to be humble and polite.

 

In the art department, he knew someone even more difficult when it came to character: Taehyun. He also majored in music at the same time, and needed to work twice as hard, but he seemed to live for art. His drawing style was pretty sad to Mino's eyes but he understood that it was Taehyun's inner thoughts that needed to be off his chest; he would never criticize something as sensitive as what made Taehyun draw, because he understood silently it was kind of painful. Mino shared some classes with him, but what made him remember him a lot was also for the fact that Taehyun was friend with Jinwoo.

 

Yes, Jinwoo, the handsome Jinwoo, the “I'm your guardian angel” Jinwoo.

 

This story happened in the early days of university. Mino was happy since his pack seemed to be in a good shape and mood, military service was behind him and had helped him to be more in control with his wolf side – even if, of course, no one in the military administration could know about this. He was heading to one of his class, and noticed Taehyun on the way there – he had remembered him thanks to his curious middle parted hair, but well, it had an art vibe, so why not? He was talking with Jinwoo – at that moment, Mino still didn't know him. And when this guy caught his stare, his huge deer eyes seemed to illuminate and to have found something lost since so long. Mino was confused – and flustered, because Jinwoo was really a piece of art. Taehyun said one last thing he didn't hear, and left his friend to head toward his class, while Jinwoo only stared at Mino, who began to growl like the wolf in him since his eyes made him slightly uneasy. The senior then went to him with such a glowy face, and stood right in front of Mino, who had stopped walking.

 

“Hi, Mino! I'm Kim Jinwoo and I'm your guardian angel!”

 

Mino still remembered the cheerful tone Jinwoo used to tell him this.

 

But to be honest, even if werewolves, witches, sirens, faew, vampires and everything like that existed, Mino had never heard about guardian angels who could live a normal life on earth. It was usually real angels who were guardian angels – like someone dead who still wanted to have an eye on the living world. His father never thought he needed to come see them from time to time to protect them or be sure him and his family were safe though.

 

But as far as Mino knew, Jinwoo was as alive as ever, and the guardian angel part was really confusing. He had never met Jinwoo before that right moment; he wasn't closed to him at all; and he didn't see the point in it at all. Sure he could say Jinwoo was some kind of angel, seeing his face – he was flawless and always glowing with his smile and cute dimples. But he had no idea what he was supposed to do as his guardian angel. If Jinwoo was as he said he was, he was supposed to always be by his side and to help him not doing some stupid things or to give him advices or rescue him. But in fact, Jinwoo was so clumsy that there was no way he could be the one rescuing Mino – even when it came to compare their abilities and body statures, Mino won it all since he was well built and was strong and had all the reflexes a wolf had. But Jinwoo wasn't aware of this, of course. Most of all, was it just all kind of a joke for Jinwoo? He didn't look like being part of a magical specie who hid from humans. He looked really normal even if he was fairy beautiful and utterly kind. Maybe he was really attached to those fairytails about creatures and magic and wanted to play as a guardian angel, just for the title of it. But then again, why Mino?

 

After that day, they didn't even see each other that much; there were days they didn't cross each other's path. It didn't seem to bother Jinwoo – did he really understand what being a guardian angel meant? Mino aked himself. Not like it was any of his business. If Jinwoo wanted to, sometimes, take care of him, why not. He wished they could talk longer – they could even be friend, why not? But he learnt that Jinwoo was also kind of shy – which was surprising since he had talked to him first with such powerful words the first time they met. Eventhough, Jinwoo tried his best to come to Mino and talk to him, ask him how his day went and if he needed help for something. Most of the time, Mino would simply said everything was okay. He didn't feel really attached to him, and he was also occupied with his pack friends and classes and everything except Jinwoo. Beginning of university was asking all Mino's concentration to settle properly.

 

They were now in their second month of uni and Mino was used to managing his work and his lead with the pack. In such a short time, a lot of change in his life has happened, but everything was calmer now, and it was for the best.

 

And since it was calmer, an other slight change settled down in his life quietly, Mino not really realising it.

 

Mino noticed that lately, he saw Jinwoo a little bit more. He still wasn't spending his days with him, but they said hi in the corridors. Maybe it was time to try to be closer? Mino wasn't scared of the risk he knew about his wolf part – he was used to keep his secret about his true identity. Even if Jinwoo wanted to play as his guardian angel, there was no problem of letting him be his friend.

 

α β Ω

 

Mino was currently studying in an empty classroom in the art department. When no one was there, he felt more at ease with his wolf personality, because he didn't feel the need to be the dominant one; felt like he always had to make his proofs. The decoration of the room, filled with students' works, also pleased him. He was in his element here.

 

The door at the back cracked open, and Mino barely raised his head; he had heard the faint footsteps in the corridor, and a new smell pocked his nostrils; it was Jinwoo.

 

“Hi Mino! Taehyun told me you stayed here after the end of the class. I lost myself a bit in all the department but I'm glad I finally found you! I made you a coffee and it's still hot, here–”

 

Jinwoo tended to explain useless things a lot. Mino smiled at him, seeing him going down the lecture hall with a cup of coffee in his hand. Everything was fine, until Jinwoo tripped on his own feet. The hot drink flew away and almost stained Mino, if he hadn't use his reflexes to avoid it; he was in front of Jinwoo in a blink of an eye, supporting him so he wouldn't hurt himself if he fell. He was so tiny in Mino's wide embrace.

 

“Are you okay?” Mino asked, helping Jinwoo to be on his feet again.

 

The older one was slightly dizzy, but he then bowed at Mino and pouted.

 

“Thank you and sorry! You don't have coffee anymore... I wanted to give you a bit of strength if you were going to study long here...”

“It's the duty of my guardian angel, right?” Mino teased.

 

It didn't really feel like having a guardian angel, but, why not if Jinwoo liked to do this with that cute smile?

 

“Let's clean this then get a coffee together, what do you think?” Mino suggested.

“Don't you have to study?” Jinwoo asked curiously, worried he was disturbing him.

“I can do this later. Plus, I would feel better if we can chat and drink together, instead of you only seeing me with my coffee.”

 

Mino scratched the back of his head. He felt light and calm with Jinwoo, but he was still a bit confused sinc he didn't know a lot about him. And since Jinwoo seemed to stuck with him to help him...

 

“I would like to know you a bit more. Like, we can be friends, right? It's been two months since the beginning of uni but we never really had the time to have a chat. How does it sound?” Mino said.

 

Jinwoo's eyes illuminated and his whole face broke into a wide grin.

 

“Sounds lovely!”

 

Mino chuckled; they then cleaned the coffee, put the empty cup in a bin and Mino took his bag before going out, talking with Jinwoo on their way to the cafeteria.

 

They talked bout basic stuffs – after all, they were learning about each other and they needed to start somewhere, right? No thing was spoken about Mino's wolf condition, and Mino learnt that Jinwoo liked to do drama marathon on week-ends, and that on top of being clumsy, he also had the worst sense of direction ever. But he managed living with this.

 

Mino realised they could get along pretty well, and he was happy of it – because he was social and even if it wasn't with a wolf, his wolf part liked to make new friends and new bonds.

 

They did this a lot during the week and those after; seeing each other around a cup of coffee. Sometime Seunghoon was there – always teasing about the guardian angel stuff that made Jinwoo blush but who did not deny it either, which meant he totally was still up to that thing. It even happened that Taehyun made them the priviledge to drink with them.

 

α β Ω

 

Mino liked his art department because the university let them have a lot of opportunities to try a lot of art techniques and different genres of everything that was possible to create, through a lot of supports and tools. Mino's predilection were simple markers and also colorful chalks, but he never said no when extra classes were created for few hours through the week to experiment a new way to express himself. First year was indeed polyvalent and open to let the students familiarize with many works to later chose what they liked best, to specialize in it if they wanted.

 

That's why Mino was currently trying wood carving for the first time in his life. They had theorical classes about the history of this art, the different type of trees and woods, examples of masterpieces and well-known cabinetmakers. Art history, whatever the subject was, interested Mino for sure – but he better liked the practice of whatever he read in books.

 

Mino had asked to stay longer because he really was immersed in his work. It maybe was the first time he touched carving knife, gouge and chisel, but the feeling was addictive and he wanted to create something good enough. He looked at his drafts, and his wood pieces to try moves with his coping saw for the rough work, and the gouge for details, to have the feel of it, and when he was confident, he reported it on the wood he was trying to shape like he wanted to. He was extra careful and happy to work on wood – it may seem silly but wood and trees were part of nature and forest he had the habit to go to with his pack, and anything related to his pack was something that could sooth him; even just the thought of it.

 

But as every novice with a new way of working, you couldn't avoid mistakes; of course Mino's work wasn't perfect but it didn't stop them. The real problem was that when he did a wrong move with his knife, his hand ripped on the wood piece and he caught splinters under his skin; it burnt him and he dropped his tools, growling because of the pain. He hadn't be careful enough to avoid it, and he was now grimacing with little wood shavings tearing his skin and there was no way he could remove it himself. He had been stubborn enough to not wear his gloves, because he was too immersed in his sketches he did without them because he thought it entraved him wih his pencil. Now he could only curse against himself. No more wood carving for today.

 

Too focused, he didn't hear someone entering the room. But Jinwoo's scent filled his nostrils, mix of wild sea, wood cracking and flower shampoo – he still didn't really know how Jinwoo did to smell like this, but it was pretty pleasant and fresh.

 

“Hi Mino!”

 

Jinwoo went to him with a smile, but when he saw that he was holding his other hand which looked in a bad condition, he hastily dropped onto a chair next to him to see what was wrong.

 

“What happened?” he asked, not already touching the visible little wounds.

 

Mino's palm was becoming slightly swollen – damn him and his harsh moves, his hand has been embracing the wood with so much force.

 

“Some splinters got under my skin when I was working on wood,” he explained. “But it's not that bad– ouch!”

 

Jinwoo had just hovered his fingers over Mino's ones to appreciate the extent of his injury.

 

“Not that bad? You've got to be kidding me. Your hands are what make you an artist and you can't do anything without them. You have to be careful, Mino,” Jinwoo scolded him almost coldly.

 

Mino was mouth agaped – it was the first time he saw Jinwoo almost snapping. He should have been pissed seeing him injure himself?

 

“Let me help you,” Jinwoo then said with a softer tone.

 

He delicatly took Mino's hand between his owns, and carressed them slightly to sooth the pain away. Mino almost told him it was no use – he needed to go to the hospital at this point, to remove everything – but he stayed silent because, suddenly, a soothing warmness spread around his hand and numbed his aching nerves there. It was warm, but not like that hurting little fire that hurt him like before; as silly as it sounded, it was cooling the pain down. Jinwoo's fingertips danced on his palm in an indecipherable dance, and Mino was fascinated. The careness Jinwoo put into those little massages reduced the swelling too.

 

The room was still and silent.

 

Then, Jinwoo broke into a smile and looked at Mino:

 

“See, a guardian angel helps you in that kind of situation!”

“W-What did you do?” Mino asked, flustered – why the hell was he flustered?

“Hm? Nothing, I just massaged it a bit to ease the pain. Let's go now, I'll go to the hospital with you to heal this completely.”

 

Jinwoo let go of his hand, and Mino missed the warmness it procured him. But he didn't have time to say anything else, because Jinwoo was already at the door with Mino's bag on his shoulder, waiting for him to follow him.

 

Mino's wound hadn't been too deep and all the splinters had been removed with a face or two; the nurse didn't give Mino the same warm feeling Jinwoo did, but at least he went out of the hospital with his hand healed and few bandages around it, with the instruction to keep it at least few days. Jinwoo remembered everything Mino had to do about it and didn't stop to remind him that he couldn't draw again already – and of course no wood craving. It made Mino frustrated with the simple idea of not being able to get a crayon when he wanted to doodle; it was like breathing to him and couldn't help to do it even without realizing it. But Jinwoo has been clear about it and was all too serious when it came to Mino's health. Mino rolled his eyes – Jinwoo was like a mom – but it didn't annoy him like he thought it would. He promised not to do anything with his right hand, saying that he would at least experiment drawing wih his left one. And by the way, the wounds weren't serious and he just had to wait even less than a week. He wanted to curse though, because his wolf condition couldn't help the pain and the healing process. He tended to be impatient and he almost growled in front of Jinwoo.

 

“I can cook for you tonight,” Jinwoo said when they walked toward the student residences.

“You don't need to, really, I'll be fine on my own,” Mino replied with a smile.

“But with your hands, it's no good if you use it right now.”

“I'll manage. I won't need it, it'll be okay.”

 

Jinwoo pouted, knowing that tone with Mino; better not adding something else. Instead, when they walked next to a convenience store, he told Mino to wait a bit, and he entered it before being out in a minute, with a plastic bag in his hand.

 

“I bought you sandwich! Easier to eat, don't you dare making ramen tonight. I'm not even sure you can hold chopsticks,” Jinwoo laughed with his characteristic laugh.

 

Mino was surprised but smiled and took the bag with a grin and a thank you. Jinwoo grinned at him too. He enjoyed the night view, swingging on his feet, his hands on his back, and then he frowned, his stare lost in the stars. He seemed to remember something, before quickly saying:

 

“Have a nice evening and good night then! If you need anything, let me know and call me. Bye!”

 

Mino barely had time to bid good bye that Jinwoo was gone.

 

And then, he realized he didn't even have Jinwoo's number to call him.

 

α β Ω

 

Mino was huffing and growling. It was only the second day with his bandage around his hand, and he couldn't bare it already. He wanted to put it off and draw with free moves, enjoying the feeling of the pen between his fingers and the ink on the paper. But he felt that it still itched a little, and Jinwoo's face when telling him to be extra careful and to follow the instructions for healing was printed in his head and – well, could he rally go against what his guardian angel told him? Even if Jinwoo didn't go to the university since that day he helped him, he couldn't forget what he had told him. The frustration was still here though.

 

“I almost see your fangs popping out,” Seunghoon said, glancing at him over his notes.

 

Mino replied with a growl, tapoting his fingers against the table – fingers from the left hand.

 

“Someone's irritated today!”

“ off, Seunghoon.”

“Why are you taking art as your major to canalyze your frustration, if it doesn't even work?” Seunghoon asked, candid.

 

Mino almost shoved his right hand into his friend's face – but he chose not to, because he wanted it to heal fast. Instead, he raised it to make it visible with the bandages.

 

“Did you forget I'm unable to use my hand for a few days? Can't create anything without it.”

“You can't even masturb–”

 

Mino hit Seunghoon's leg violently under the table with fire in his eyes. He may be half a beast like Seunghoon, but he didn't want to talk about intimate stuffs in the library.

 

“You hurt my leg! I won't be able to dance for a few days and I'll become irritated just like you because I can't do what I like more in life,” Seunghoon faked to cry and wipe.

 

Mino rolled his eyes. Seunghoon, despite being thin, was made of rock, and he knew he hadn't hurt him – not a lot, anyway.

 

“Let's have a meeting with the guys tonight, maybe it will be something good for me.”

“Don't even want to see your guardian angel to feel better?”

“Still with that thing?” Mino sighed.

“Well, Jinwoo himself doesn't deny anything, and you seem to enjoy it too.”

“Jinwoo's my friend. He's not obligated to do that,” Mino said.

“Well well, you still seem to enjoy it. But you seem also off, Jinwoo isn't going to his class lately, right? Did you ask Taehyun why? I'm sure you miss him~”

“Just. Call. The guys,” Mino growled.

“Yes, yes, alpha! Your beta also known as your slave will prepare the apointment with the pack! I feel like a secretary sometimes. Should ask you a salary!”

“Shut up, Seunghoon.”

 

Seunghoon laughed and typed on his phone while Mino put his head on his arms on the table. Seeing the pack would calm him, like always. Even if Jinwoo would, too. Why was he absent?

 

α β Ω

 

Mino was worried. Jinwoo wasn't here even if they had told each other to meet after Mino's last class, to enjoy a coffee together. Mino wanted to bring Jinwoo to this café he liked, and he was sure his hyung would fall in love with the comfy place and awesome pastries and drinks. But since Jinwoo wasn't even here to begin with, no way Mino could do as he had planned...

 

He had his phone number in his contacts now; he hasn't wait that much before asking for it, remembering the night he realized it wasn't saved in his phone. Mino didn't want to seem hopeless if he called Jinwoo already – it's only been twenty minutes, it was nothing. Jinwoo had other stuffs do to before joining Mino for a drink; he could make him wait.

 

But knowing Jinwoo, Mino still thought it wasn't normal for him to be late. He was an attentionate person. Mino began to think a lot – maybe too much. He remembered the few days Jinwoo didn't go to the university, then came back with his usual smile, like nothing happened. He didn't say much about it – he's been sick but everything was fine now. It has been few weeks already.

 

Mino decided to go see by himself if Jinwoo was late because of a class that was longer than expected. He walked to the theater department, remembering Jinwoo had a class in the auditorium for few play exercises. There were only a small group obviously acting during rehearsal, and no trace of Jinwoo. Eventhough, going there wasn't a bad idea since Mino noticed that Jinwoo's scent still lingered a bit; thanks to it, he was able to find him. He was still in the campus, right?

 

Mino, following the scent with his wolf capacity, furrowed his eyebrows when he went outside of the university, and began to wander through the streets. Sure Jinwoo took the way Mino was currently on, and not even that long time ago – but why would he go at the opposite of the place of their apointment? Something else was weird; a lot of times, Mino didn't know where to go and walked through the same streets again and again, because that was were the scent lead him, and it confused him to no end. Where was Jinwoo? It seemed like he fidgeted a lot about his way. Why so? Did he have a problem or something? Mino cursed and was becoming annoyed of how clueless and worried he was.

 

“What the hell, Kim Jinwoo...,” he whispered when he again had no idea where to go, even if Jinwoo's scent was there.

 

Maybe he was dragged along and didn't want to but couldn't do anything about it. Scenarios flooded Mino's mind and his anger raised; why would he react like that? He was no longer walking but running through the streets. It was like something shut in his brain, and he was only focused on finding Jinwoo, not even thinking of how weird he looked by looking everywhere in such a rush.

 

And then there was a point where Jinwoo's scent was different – stronger, so close – and Mino knew he had found him. In the stream of passer-by, he made his way, not even hearing the people he disturbed with his harsh moves. The back of the head of someone striked his eyes, and he recognized Jinwoo's haircut and sweet color, and he was so relieved but at the same time angry for no reason.

 

He ran to him and made him be face to face with him by catching his shoulder.

 

“Jinwoo!”

 

The later was surprised by the move, but when he realized it was Mino, a smile quickly went to his lips.

 

“Hey! I'm glad our way crossed, I don't know the neighbourhood at all,” he casually exclaimed.

 

Mino couldn't believe that he could be so smiley – but at the same time, it was normal for Jinwoo to smile in this situation, because where was the big deal Mino seemed to see?

 

“Where did you go? What did you do? Why the are you here and not at the uni?”

 

Mino spat those questions because all the worry he had transformed into a weird fire that couldn't find any release – and it surprised him because it never happened to him, even if he had all kind of decupled emotions thanks to his wolf condition. Jinwoo stopped to smile and had now a confused face.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter