Chapter 4

Its always been You

Chapter 4

It was Monday and I got to work quite early.Jessica has been ignoring my text and calls since the last time I talk with her.My team and I gathered at the meeting room which was specify for us so that we could discuss about our project and work.A knock on the door broke our reverie.Yerin enter the room and bow to us.

“Sorry for disturbing Ms.Kim.Ms.Jung wants to meet you in her room now”.I internally sigh.

“is it something important Yerin shi?”.I asked her politely.

“I think so.She even asked for Mr.Heechul to see her.So I guess it will be great if you meet her now”.I nod at her and asked my team to continue their discussion without me.As I was about to knock the door,Heechul exited the door and almost bang with me.He pass by without saying sorry and just gave me the smirk that I hate the most.Heechul is my one year senior.He doesn’t like my prescence here because he hates that I get compliment and lead team in just 6 months.I used to always ignore him because the last thing I want is to get in trouble.I knock on Jessica’s door before I enter it.

“Good morning Ms.Jung”.I greeted at her.She just gave me her disoriented look and gesture me to sit.I obliged and she lean forward to her desk

“Ms.Kim,the reason why I called you in,its about the new project that I have given you”.

“Yeah I know it Ms.Jung.I thought the project has been given to my team and you have finalize it”.Then I saw her smirk.

“there’s a change in plan Ms.Kim.Mr.Heechul just gave me his team’s design and I guess he could be your competitor.So I decided to have re-competition again”.I clenched my fist.I know why is she doing this.

“But Ms.Jung,why is it again?.You have already take a look at the design.Although Mr.Heechul’s design is acceptable but you have given your consent in our team.This is not fair in the part where we have already have the design and fabric on set”.I could not help but to feel angry.

“I guess you forgot that I’m the CEO of this company and I have all the rights to change my decision as I like”.Thats it.

“Sooyeon,if you are doing this to make me suffer,then just do it to me ,not to my team.They have worked hard on this project.Please Jessie”.I plead her.I don’t want them to suffer because of me.

“I’m not doing anything Taeyeon.If you really trust your team’s skill then I guess it wouldn’t be a problem to redo the competititon again right?Now get out.I have work to do”.She left me dumbfounded and swivel her chair to look outside.I got up and hug her,making her flinch.

“I’m sorry.I’m sorry Sooyeon.I missed  you for this two days”.I told her and make her stand.I inch closer and placed my hands on her cheeks ready to kiss her.But then someone went in without knocking and by reflex Jessica pushed me away.We turn to look and it was Jessica’s father.

“Sooyeon,what are you doing with Taeyeon?”.Her dad sound angry and I glance at her.A part of me  hopes that she will tell the truth and another part me is telling that its impossible to happen.

“n-no dad.Its not like what you think.I-it was,T-taeyeon has something in her eyes,so I helped her to take it out .Thats it”.Yeah thanks for breaking my heart.

“Are you sure ?”.He eyed Jessica and me continuously and Jessica’s next work broke my heart just like how glass shattered.

“yeah dad.You know I’m straight right.No way I will fell for a women”.I looked at her and looked back to Mr.Jung.

“Yeah its true Mr.Jung.I would take my leave now”.I bow to both of them,faking a smile  and make way to my room.

I felt like my heart has been ripped from me.I could not continue with my work and I was having an headache.Mr.Jung and Jessica is still inside the room.I heaved a heavy sigh and found out that Sooyoung heading towards me.

“Hei Tae…”.Before she could say anything,I interrupted her.

“Soo can we go to the club that you always said to me before?”.She looked at me like I have said something foreign.

“Oh my Taeyeon!is this the Kim Taeyeon that I knew,the one that always said ‘no’ for any night outing”.She dramatically close and I roll my eyes.

“Are you going to be like this or bringing me to the night club Choi Sooyoung?!”.I asked her.

“Yes of course.We are not alone because our team will be joining us .They will definitely be happy especially Hara”.My eyes widen when I heard what she said.

“Hara what?!”.I asked her in disbelieve.

“Oh gosh Tae,you’ re so slow.Hara has been crushing on you since she starts working in this company and apparently the crush has been doubled when you select her to work in the team”.My mouth were agape when I heard this. “Aww Tae,you are so lucky to have the beautiful girl to crush on you”.

“Soo,you better shut up before I punch you”.I threaten her which made her laugh. “and don’t tell this to anyone”.She just nod

“Anyway meet me at the parking lot at 5.30p.m sharp.Dont be late”.She show me a flying kiss then walk away from the room.It was 5.10p.m and I was packing up to head to the club.I stop going to clubs after I started dating Jessica.Speaking of her,after Mr.Jung left she send texts and even called me but I chose to ignore it.I don’t want to create a ruckus in the office.I took my handbag and laptop bag ready to leave the room when Jessica step in and locked the door behind me.I sigh and try to walk pass her but she stop me.

“One more step towards the door Kim Taeyeon and you can forget about our relationship”.I scoffed at her.

“relationship?what relationship?so we have a relationship now? Because as I remember you just told your dad that you are straight and you would not fell for a women”.I told her while avoiding her gaze.

“I-I’m so-sorry Tae”.I noticed that her voice starts to crack.Damn,her tears is my weakness and she knows it. “I’m so sorry Tae,I did not mean to say it in front of my father.I’m sorry”.Soon tears were flowing freely from her eyes.

“I’ve heard the word ‘sorry’ for three years Jessica.Sometimes,I have even thought that I’m so stupid,hanging on to the love which can never be completed.But I’m so much in love with you that I have no choice.Its ok Sica.Just give me time to cool off.Good night and please I want to be alone”.I told her and walk away from her.

I decided to hitch hike with Sooyoung that night.I left my car at her house because I definitely not in the mood to drive.Hara and one of our team member join the hitch hike to the club.I sat beside Sooyoung just to avoid any uncomfortable contact with Hara.I looked out from the window and saw a couple kissing at the road.Soon a smile was formed on my face when I reminisce our moment when we went for a late date on our 8th month of dating.

Flashback

After having late dinner in a restaurant,Jessica and I decided to stroll for a moment before heading home.It was our 8th  month of dating.Although we can’t tell others that we are dating,I was more contented with being like this with Jessica.

“Done spacing out?”.Jessica  broke my reverie.We were standing by the bridge watching the moon light reflecting.I smile and kiss her temple.I pull her closer to me.

“Tae,do you regret being in love with me?.Jessica’s eyes shows insecurity.I face her and pull he closer to me.I stoke her cheek and she placed her hands around my waist.

“maybe the first few weeks we start dating, but now I don’t .You know why?its because I know that you love me and we wont drift apart no matter what”.Jessica smile and lean towards my hand more.

“I love you Kim Taeyeon”.

“I love you too Jung Sooyeon”.We connected our lips erupting fireworks around me.

Flashback ends

“Yo Kim Taeyeon!!”.Sooyoung shook my shoulder.I look at her. “you have been dreaming for a long time.Shall we go now?”.She asked me.We both exited the car to follow Hara to the club.As I stepped in to the club.loud music and light were flashing in my eyes.Its been three years since I stepped in to the club.

“You look like a kid who just stepped in to a playground tae”.Sooyoung mocked me while laughing.

“when is the last time you went to a club Ms.Kim”.It was Hara who asked me that question.I shrug at her.

“I think its almost three years to be exact.And Hara,just call me Taeyeon or Tae.We are outside our work”.I think it’s a bad idea when I saw her blushing and Sooyoung smirk at me.I   internally groaned.We went inside.Sooyoung and Hara went to dance floor while I was sitted at the bar.I have a low tolerance of alcohol so I intend to have some light drink.As I was drinking,I saw a women making her way towards me.Her beauty tooks my breath away.She sat beside me and ordered a drink.I looked away and try hard not to ogle at her revealing clothes.

“Hei alone tonight”.Oh my her voice!.I turn to look at her and she smile at me.

“not really,friends enjoying themselves at the dance floor”.

“well,I could be your company tonight if you don’t mind”.I just smile at her.

“Sorry but I don’t think my girlfriend would like it”.Her face fell and its true.No matter how angry I’m with her but I would never cheat on her.

“well my bad luck but we can be friends I guess?”.I smile and we shook our hands.

“of course”.I smile at her.

“Owh what a shame.Lemme introduce myself.I’m Hyorin.Nice to meet you”.

“I’m Kim Taeyeon.My pleasure to meet you”.

“So tell me about my love life.I’m pretty sure it’s a beauty.To be loved and be in love with someone”.I smiled weakly.

“I hope I could tell same Hyorin.But yeah its quite beauty I guess”.I told her.I don’t know why but I felt a sense of comfortable around her.

“Well you could share with me.People says I’m a good listener”.She wink at me and I chortled at her.I told her but I refrain from mentioning Jessica’s her name.Soon I spend my time talking to her and Soo came to find me.I introduce her to my friends.We exchange numbers and bid goodbye.

The next morning,I was giving some briefing to my team members about the competition again.

“As I already mentioned,our CD has some doubt in our design and apparently she felt Mr.Heechul”s team is doing a better job than us”.I told them.

“But I thought Ms.Jung alreay agreed to our design Ms.Kim”.It was Sooyoung who spoke and I saw the others nod.

“Yeah I know Sooyoung but is that a problem?I thought we have the better skill compared to the others.So we should not have any problem in this again.I have trust on my member’s skill guys .We can do it….”.I could not continue when Jessica entered the room with her assistant.But there was someone behind her that caught my attention.

“I’m sorry for interrupting Ms.Kim but you have a new addition to your team.Please give your support to the new designer Ms.Hyorin”.My mouth fell agape and Sooyoung keep looking at me and Hyorin back and forth.OK this is definitely something that I didn’t expect