Chapter 24

Its always been You

Chapter 24

I stare at Jessica silhouette while pouting who was dancing with Eric while I settle down at a table not far from them.Today was suppose to be the happiest day but of course,it just had to be ruined.

 

Flashback

“Taeyeon ah,does this dress look beautiful?”.Jessica ask me while showing me a blue floral dress.I sigh internally.This is her umpteenth time asking me the same question.

“Sica,you are showing me the same dress from just now”.She turn to look at me and pout.

“B-but,that was navy blue while this is floral blue Taengoo ah.So answer me please”.

“Take the floral blue dress then.It will suit you”.She nod while beamed happily.

“Okay now let’s go choose yours”.My eyes widened and I held her hand while giving her a pleading look.

“Sica,I have to be in office in one hour.So I can’t let you to choose another dress.We already spent two hours just to choose your dress.So please,can we go later?”.I shoot her a pleading look.

“But,I’m not going home with you.I’m gonna pick mom later.So how can I choose your outfit for later?”.

“Its ok Sica.I already have too many dress to wear.I will just wear anything suitable okay?”.She frown and look at me.

“But…”.Before she could continue,my phone rang and I excuse myself to attend the phone.

“Yes Soo.She just finish choosing her outfit and now she wants to choose mine.God,please don’t ask Soo.I will be there soon”.I hung up and went back to Jessica who was quietly sulking at me.

“Sica yah.Please.I want to finish the pending work before we go to the function.I promise that I would wear the same outfit as yours.Please”.I shoot her my puppy eyes plus with some aegyo which successfully work at her.I drop her at her parents house and went back to the office to finish my work.

Today is our company’s annual function day.It usually ends with some boring activities and such but this year Mr.Jung decided to do it in the company’s ballroom.It starts at evening and Jessica was pestering me to buy a matching outfit with her.It took her my whole lunch hour to just buy her outfit.I heaved a heavy sigh and slump to my chair while I close my eyes after I finish the last report that had to be send to the HR department.The sound of my phone ringing startled me and I reach for my phone.

“Hello”.My voice were hoarse enough when I speak.

“Kim Taeyeon,where the hell are you?Its almost 6.30 and you are still not in sight”.A loud booming voice awaken my sense and I jolted up in shock.

“W-Wait what ?6.30?No way it was still 5 back then sica”.I hurriedly reach for my watch were placed in front of me.My eyes widen in shock.

“What 5p.m Kim Taeyeon?Where are you?Are you getting ready?”. I think I fell asleep just now.

“Sorry sica.I’m still at the office.I took a break after finishing the report and I think I fell asleep without realising.I’m sorry.I will be there soon”.I wait for her outburst but I heard a heavy breathing.

“Its ok Taeyeon ah.I know you are tired.I shouldn’t have dragged you around the mall just now.I made you more tired.Sorry Taengoo”.My heart swell when I heard her words.

“Hei.Its my fault for sleeping accidentally and you did not make me tired Sica ah.You know what.We should hang up now.I don’t want to be more late.I will see you there”.I rush up to my house and found Sinb already prepared for the function.

“Finally, you decide to come home unnie.I thought I will get old while waiting for you to arrive”.I chuckled at her words.

“Sorry dongsaeng ah.I fell asleep at the office.Just give me time,I will be ready soon”.I kiss her forehead and head to my room to get ready.After an hour,I finally got ready and we haed to the hotel for the function.As we enter the ballroom,I saw Jessica clad in the dress that I choose for her.She was gorgeous as hell.When she saw me,her eyes sparkle in delight and she make way to me.

“Oh gosh,finally you both came.I was waiting for ages”.

“Unnie,I thought I’m gonna get old while waiting for Tae unnie here”.

“I already said sorry didn’t I?”.I pout at her.

“ew,unnie.Dont pout at me.Its not interesting at all”. I smack her head.

“Yah,shoo.Go away from here”.I turn to look at Jessica who were smiling at me in amusement.

“You look gorgeous”.I complimented her.

“You look beautiful and devour-able”.I laugh at her. “Seriously but you are not wearing matching outfit with me”.She complained.

“Sorry love.I was in a hurry and I kinda cannot find the same outfit as yours.I’m sorry”.She kiss my cheek.

“Its ok.I’m just joking.You do look beautiful in any outfit although I prefer not for you not to wear anything”.I widen my eyes and she laugh at me.

“Are you flirting with me right now?”.

“Maybe I am.Did you get flutter?”.She raised her eyebrow.I gave her a quick peck on her lips.

“Yah,lovebirds.You are making my fany and I cringe in disgust”.Sooyoung’s voice boom over and I turn over to glare at her.

“Hai Tae and Jessie.Long time no see ah”.Tiffany greeted us while walking with Sooyoung.I and Sica briefly hug her.

“Yeah.Work is cruel”.Jessie answered.

“Yah! what do you mean by you are in disgust?I’m very sure you and fany showing PDA everywhere”.I told Sooyoung and she look at me in surprised.

“Yah how do you know?Did fany told you about it?”.Jessica and I burst out laughing while Tiffany’s face went red.She pinch Sooyoung hard which make her hiss in pain.

“yah! can you shut it and go take drinks for me.I’m thirsty”.Sooyoung just nod like a kid.

“Whipped kid”.I laugh at her not before Jessica also ask me to take her some drink which I also complied.

“Look who is speaking.We both are whipped”.Sooyoung and I laughed at each other.We went to the drink section.As we were joking around,I turn to see someone was talking with tiffany and they were so close to each other.Sometimes,Fany will slap his shoulder and he will casually put his arm around her.I turn to look at Sooyoung who were burning in jealousy.

“S-soo”.I call her.

“Let’s go Taeyeon.That filthy guy need to know his place”.She drag me to where they were.

“Oh soo.This is my co worker Brian Lee.Brian this is my girlfriend”.She shook her hand with that guy and gave him a deadly glare which make him excuse himself.I gave Jessica her drink.

“Why are you serious right now?”.I heard Tiffany asked Sooyoung.

“just in case you didn’t notice it,he were touching you and you were also touching him back.Did you forget that you have girlfriend?”.Sooyoung ask back.

“Please don’t tell me you are jealous for god sake Sooyoung.He was just a co worker of mine”.

“Yeah well,the way you both initiate skinship does not just show you both are co worker only….”.Before she could continue,I drag sooyoung with me.

“Sooyoung ah,please control yourself”.I told Sooyoung.Sooyoung took a deep breath and close her eyes shut.I her back for a few times to calm her down.

“I’m sorry Taeyeon.I just lost control of it.I was just jealous of that guy”.

“Its ok Soo ah.I understand.I will also do the same if I saw Jessica with another guy Soo”.

“Yeah I know that”.I slap her shoulder.

“Yah!”.She start chuckling.

“I know how jealous you can be.I always see it buddy especially during any meeting with investors and such”.She start laughing.

“Yeah,yeah.You can stop laughing and think of a way to sweet talk your sulking girlfriend there”.

“Lets go buddy”.She walk ahead of me while I was searching for my girlfriend.I saw her talking to some workers there.I smile and I went out to look for my sister who were talking with Amber.

“Hei Am”.I greet her.

“Hei unnie.Where is Jessica?”.I pointed inside.

“Where is Krystal?Is she not coming?”.

“No she is getting ready.She came back late from work so she is preparing herself”.I nod at her.

“What are you chatting with Sinb here?”.

“ I figured out that her and me has many similarities and we can be great friends”.

“I hope you guys get along and I head back inside to see Jessica.Sinb ah please don’t go far away.We will go home before midnight”.I went back inside and saw an astonishing scene.My girlfriend dancing with Eric.

 

Flashback ends

“Why are you sulking here like a kid who lose her lollipop?”.Sooyoung ask me and took a sit beside me.

“Look at my girlfriend.She is dancing with someone else.Poor me”.I pout at her.

“Yah! don’t make me puke.Go and take your girlfriend from him then.I mean she is yours right so why are you sitting here like dumb”.I pinch her hard.

“I’m not dumb you idiot.Its because of you.If and only if you did not argue with fany then this would not happen”.

“Hei.hei.Do not blame me.Fany and I are always like this.Now go and claim what’s rightfully yours buddy.I will go to fany”.I pout again after Sooyoung left me.I took a deep breath and approach their both who were dancing.I gently tap Eric’s shoulder.He turn to look at me and his cut on his lips were quite prominent.

“I’m here to take what’s rightfully mine.So please excuse me”.I took Jessica’s hand and led her to the centre of the dance floor to dance with her.

“Where were you?I was looking for you?”.Jessica ask me softly.

“I went out to check out Sinb and when I came back,you were dancing with him”.I pout at her.

“Stop pouting little baby.I were looking for you so that we can dance but you were nowhere to be seen.And then he came dragging me to dance with me but thanks though”.

“why?”.

“For saving me from him.I was looking for a way outta from him but you came.My beloved knight in shining armor”.She peck my cheeks.

“Lets go somewhere Sica”.

“Where?”.I didn’t let her answer but I drag her from there.I managed to send text to Amber to keep an eye on Sinb for me.I bring her to a park not far away.We both look at the sky.

“Its going to rain soon.The sky is dark”.Jessica told me while keeping her gaze on the sky.

“No its bright just like your face Sica ah.The cloud may be dark but our future is bright”.Jessica turn to look at me and we both start laughing at each other.

“Wow,that was so random corny Tae”.

“I think that was one of the most random pick up lines I had ever said to anyone Sica”.I took a deep breath. “But its true and you know it”.I continue.

“I know Tae and my future is with you”.The thunder roar which makes us deafening. “You know I have a dream”.We look at each other.

“What is it?”.

“To kiss my lover in the rain”.I giggled at her.

“When do you start having this thought?”.

“Hei,don’t tease me okay.I have seen it in many movies.I just wanna know how it feels okay”.

“Well sorry but you do know that I can’t stand in the rain for too long right?”.She pout at me.

“You are not fun at all Kim Taeyeon”.She whine at me which made me laughed.Suddenly it start raining.Jessica drag my hand and started to run from there before I pull her hand and make her crash to my body.

“What are you…”.I place my finger on her lips.I cup her cheek and close our distance.We kiss slowly and passionately savouring the moment.No tongue,no nibbling and no .Just pure kiss full of love and sincerity.We broke our kiss and connected our forehead.The rain were pouring above us while we stand looking at each other below it.

“I thought you say you can’t stand in the rain for too long?”.She ask me in whisper.I moved her bangs to aside and kiss her forehead.

“I will do anything for you even if I had to give my life for you,I will do it willingly.So I don’t mind getting wet in rain or falling in sick because I know you will be there to take care of me”.

“I never know you can be so sweet but just for you to know.I will always be there for you Taeyeon.You are my everything.I love you”.

“I love you too”.We close the distance again kissing under the rain.And of course,I’m gonna fall sick but it doesn’t matter because Jessica is happy and she is the one who is going to take care of me.