Ferret Love

Little Kyungsoo from 3-2 [Completed]

Being in the third grade was hard work. Especially since their homeroom teacher Mrs. Ji likes everyone to be back into their homeroom right after they finish lunch. Everyone in class 3-1 stuck together like glue because their homeroom teacher is very strict.

 

Little Chanyeol runs to his cabinet and pulls out the toys he has hidden in there and sneaks to a corner to play with it alone. He doesn’t like to play with the other kids in 3-1 because they were mean to him. They called him 4 eyes because he wore glasses so Chanyeol doesn’t like them.

 

The class was rowdy because Mrs. Ji went to talk to the other third grade homeroom teachers. Little Chanyeol threw his clay art on the floor because today will be the day he makes a robot. Or should he try to make something similar to his ferret Ddori?

 

He was trying to think of what to make but then notice someone sits down besides him. Little Chanyeol looks up and sees a small boy (a lot smaller than him) with big eyes sitting there. The small boy was wearing a black sweater that looked too big for him and Chanyeol was sure the boy isn’t in class 3-1.

 

Without even asking, he reaches for Chanyeol’s clay art and Chanyeol slaps his hand away. “Don’t touch” little Chanyeol warns him.

 

He looks at Chanyeol with big eyes, eyes that tell Chanyeol he didn’t understand what he did wrong. Well he did a lot wrong. He touched Chanyeol’s toys without permission! And he wasn’t even in the right classroom! Chanyeol looks around frantically and sees that his homeroom teacher isn’t back yet. Oh when she is back, Chanyeol will tell on this kid!
 

“Kyungsoo wants to play too” the boy speaks slowly. His Korean wasn’t good either. Chanyeol looks at him dumbfounded but the little kid- Kyungsoo reaches for his clay art again.

 

“Yah what class are you in?” Chanyeol asks, not hitting the kid hand away his time. He figures this kid is bad at Korean and won’t understand anyways.

 

“3-2” Kyungsoo puts his little fingers up.

 

So he’s also in third grade. But why isn’t he in his homeroom class? Why is he in Chanyeol’s homeroom class?

 

“Your class is next door. This class is 3-1. Babo” Chanyeol huffs a breath. He isn’t one to ever pick on someone, especially since the class picks on him. But this time he was much bigger than this kid, he finally had authority.

 

“Kyungsoo! Oh my god there you are.” The homeroom teacher for 3-2 Mrs. Kim screams out. She runs over and picks up Kyungsoo, which surprises the whole class, they didn’t even know someone has joined them. Little Kyungsoo was carried back to class and Chanyeol was still dumfounded. That kid looked even smaller than a third grader.

 

When they left, one of the talkative boys in class walks up to Chanyeol. “Is he your friend?”

 

“No he isn’t Jaemin. Leave me alone.” Chanyeol looks back at his clay art and realized a piece is missing.

 

Kyungsoo.

 

-----

 

“I’m finished with lunch sunsaengnim” Little Chanyeol throws away the lunch in his tray and rushes to his homeroom class. He eats lunch very fast so he has more time to play with his clay art.

 

When Chanyeol sits down in the corner, the same boy sits down besides him.

 

“Yah, you’re in the wrong classroom.” Chanyeol complains again when he sees the boy picks up more of his clay.

 

The boy Korean must be very bad because he doesn’t say anything back to Chanyeol. He makes something that looks similar to a ferret and then shows it to Chanyeol. “Look” little Kyungsoo says with a laugher.

 

Little Chanyeol doesn’t like to call anyone cute because kids in Elementary all looks annoying (except for him of course) but when he sees Kyungsoo bright smile where his eyes disappears, Chanyeol admits, this kid is kind of cute. Chanyeol looks at Kyungsoo who looks very determined on making the ferret, where Kyungsoo’s tongue sticks out at the corner of his lips from his concentration. His little stubby finger pushes the clay and Chanyeol for the first time was speechless.

 

Maybe Kyungsoo doesn’t have friends in class 3-2? Because why would he always be in 3-1 to mess with Chanyeol.

 

“Your name is Kyungsoo right?” Chanyeol asks when he tries to make something out of the clay himself.

 

“Mhmm”

 

“Why don’t you go to your homeroom? Why are you always in my homeroom class?”

 

Before Kyungsoo could reply, Mrs. Kim is back inside the room. “Kim Kyungsoo, come here.” She calls out but he shakes his head. He drops the ferret he was making when she comes closer.

 

“Sunsaengnimmmm” Little Kyungsoo cries out when she picks him up. Usually kids in third grade doesn’t really need teachers carrying them, Kyungsoo was an exception. That’s because he’s always running off and since he is so small, it’s hard to find him.

 

Chanyeol stands up and follows behind Mrs. Kim and sees her bring Kyungsoo back into 3-2 classroom. The boy was still crying while Mrs. Kim was trying to calm him down. Little Chanyeol walks into the classroom and hands his clay art to Kyungsoo, “here. Don’t cry.”

 

Little Kyungsoo looks at Chanyeol and takes the clay art. He sniffs but takes it from Chanyeol’s hands. Mrs. Kim gives Chanyeol a smile, “thank you” she says.

 

-----

 

It happened the whole week. Right after lunch, little Kyungsoo would follow Chanyeol and try to play with him. He doesn’t talk much and he doesn’t know how to ask either. When he wants a toy, he just takes it.

 

Little Chanyeol gets irritated and tries to pull the toy out of Kyungsoo’s hands but it just leaves Kyungsoo looking at Chanyeol with sad eyes. Little Chanyeol doesn’t need this kid coming in and then taking his stuff. But then he sees Kyungsoo’s small hands reaching out, asking Chanyeol to give the toy back to him.

 

“Yah, go get your own toys. Why do you like to play with mine?”

 

Kyungsoo doesn’t answer. He gives Chanyeol puppy dogged eyes as he puts his tiny hands out.

 

Little Chanyeol mumbles under his breath as he shoves the toy into Kyungsoo’s tiny hands.

 

Little Kyungsoo smiles “thank you hyung”

 

“Yah who said I’m older than you? Are you saying I look old?”

 

Little Kyungsoo ignores Chanyeol and goes back to playing. Chanyeol huffs under his breath. What is the point of arguing with this kid anyways?

 

It didn’t take long for Mrs. Kim to enter the classroom. “Kim Kyungsoo, why are you always in this classroom? Come with me.”

 

Kyungsoo shakes his head and Mrs. Kim comes over and looks at Chanyeol. “Kyungsoo likes you. Are you two friends?” she asks in a soft voice.

 

Chanyeol shakes his head and Kyungsoo doesn’t pay attention.

 

Mrs. Kim lets out a small laugh. “Well I’ll come back for Kyungsoo when break time is over.”

 

After Mrs. Kim leaves, Kyungsoo crawls closer to Chanyeol and shoves the clay art in Chanyeol’s face. “Ferret is finish~”

 

“I have a ferret at home.”

 

“I know~”

 

“How do you know? Are you a stalker?” Chanyeol inches closer so he’s beside Kyungsoo’s face.

 

“S…Stalker? What is sta…lker?” Kyungsoo mumbles between the words.

 

“Yah are you even Korean?!”

 

Kyungsoo ignores Chanyeol and goes back to playing.

 

-----

 

It was raining after school and Chanyeol’s mom was very late to pick him up. He stands there ready with his umbrella and looks at all the passing cars.

 

Chanyeol keeps on waiting until he feels a presence besides him. He looks over and was surprised to see Kyungsoo there.

 

“Hi” Kyungsoo smiles brightly.

 

“Uhm hi…? Your umma is also late to pick you up?” Chanyeol doesn’t know why he even tries to strike a conversation with this boy since he seems like he doesn’t speak Korean well and he hardly talks. But Chanyeol didn’t want to stand there in silence.

 

“Kyungsoo no umma. Appa picks up Kyungsoo”

 

“I see…”

 

Chanyeol looks at Kyungsoo tiny feet and tries not to laugh. Even though everyone in 3rd grade was small, this boy was so small he reminded Chanyeol of a penguin. Chanyeol didn’t even notice how short he was until now when they’re standing side by side.

 

“Soo! Come here baby” Chanyeol looks up to see a very handsome man rush over under his umbrella. No wonder Kyungsoo looked so cute. His father was very handsome.

 

“Appa” Kyungsoo jumps on his father arms and clings onto him like a koala. Before the man can walk Kyungsoo back to his car, Kyungsoo points down at Chanyeol. “Appa him. My ferret friend!”

 

Chanyeol stares blankly and the man lets out a laugh, “my son talks about you a lot. Thank you for being his friend.”

 

Chanyeol wanted to say he isn’t even Kyungsoo’s friend but when he sees the smile on Kyungsoo’s face, he figures he shouldn’t say anything too insulting.

 

“Do you want me to drive you home? You are our neighbors. I can give your mother a call.”

 

Chanyeol didn’t know that Kyungsoo was his neighbor either.

 

So there he was, strapped down with a seatbelt besides Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo’s father slowly drives away, “we moved in about a week ago. Kyungsoo saw you outside playing with your ferret and begged me to get him one. But I can’t do that because Kyungsoo…he can’t even take care of his toys, let alone a pet. He really liked you and he told me you were in 3-1, so he likes to play with you during break time. But his teacher keeps on taking him back to class. Kyungsoo can be a little bit…too much sometimes-” Chanyeol looks over at Kyungsoo and sees the boy fumbling with his seatbelt and attaching his face to the windows to look at the rain dripping down. Yeah the kid is weird.

 

His father spoke fluent Korean also. So what was up with this kid?

 

“But Kyungsoo is very cute. He’s my only son so he’s a little bit spoiled. But I hope you and him can be great friends.”

 

“Yes, we will be good friends.” Chanyeol says and then takes Kyungsoo’s small hand in his. He didn’t want to disappoint Kyungsoo’s handsome father.

 

-----

 

“I see you met our neighbors son” Chanyeol’s mother set down the food on the table. “Jaejoong has been telling me how much his son wanted to be friends with you. But I kept forgetting to tell you and I knew you didn’t like making friends in school anyways. He likes your ferret Ddori…” she points at the pet that she wants Chanyeol to get rid of. He found the ferret and begged her to keep it. It took a lot of begging but she finally said yes. She was just a bit tired of Chanyeol turning their house into a zoo.

 

“At first, I thought the kid was so weird. He was in 3-2 and he keeps on going to my classroom and playing with me. When I spoke to him, he spoke very little…I thought he wasn’t even Korean. Then I met his father who was fluent.”

 

His mother laughs, “yeah…Jaejoong said his son is in his own world. He’s very tiny though.”

 

“VERY tiny” Chanyeol emphasize, “he’s the smallest in his class. I don’t think he will grow.”

 

“So be nice to him and share your toys. His father is already helping me drive you home since I’m so busy.”

 

Chanyeol can’t help but agree. Well he already told Kyungsoo’s father that they would be good friends.

 

-----

 

The next day when Kyungsoo comes into Chanyeol’s classroom, Chanyeol wasn’t surprised anymore. Little Kyungsoo peeks his head inside and then sits besides Chanyeol.

 

“You like my ferret” Chanyeol says right away when Kyungsoo sits down.

 

Kyungsoo stares at him with big eyes and nods.

 

“Can’t believe you been following me because you like my ferret” Chanyeol wanted to face palm himself.

 

Little Kyungsoo scoots closer to Chanyeol, “I…Kyungsoo…scared to tell you because appa said to not bother you.”

 

“Babo” Chanyeol pushes his index finger on Kyungsoo’s forehead playfully.

 

Kyungsoo pouts and Chanyeol laughs. “Next time we can meet outside our house. I will bring Ddori.”

 

“Yayyyy” Little Kyungsoo claps his tiny hands together. “Ddori will be our kid.”

 

Chanyeol stares at Kyungsoo in disbelief.

 

“Why not?” Little Kyungsoo looks at Chanyeol with curious eyes. “Like how we have mom and dad…well my mom left…but…I won’t leave you hyung. Kyungsoo stay with you and take care of our baby Ddori.”

 

Little Chanyeol finds it funny that Kyungsoo still speaks in third person. Also it’s funny how he stumbles upon words. But he’s so cute Chanyeol will let him off.

 

“Ok Kyungsoo. You can help me take care of our ferret Ddori.” Chanyeol smiles. “I will be appa, you can be umma.”

 

Little Kyungsoo agrees right away.

 

Well they will have some serious conversations when they realize how babies are born.

 

The End

 

-----

 

A/N: I had fun writing this lol. Hope you liked it ^^