Acceptance?

Too Many Times

It's been two weeks since you last saw the Bangtan Boys, three weeks since you saw the incident.

It's been two weeks, and you were still trying to soothe your broken heart. Eating ice cream did not work, watching your favorite dramas did not work, and watching old Bangtan videos only made you feel worse. You still didn't know why you even bothered watching.

Of course the others noticed your sudden disappearance, and called you several times, but Jungkook was the only one who called everyday. You saw his name on your phone everyday, probably once or twice a day.

Taehyung had also called, but it happened once or twice before it finally stopped. One day, with maximum effort, you checked your message and saw him text:

Hey Y/N,

you're probably busy with school, so I'll stop calling for now. I'll tell the others to also stop calling. I know how angry you get when you get distracted from work keke. Fighting!

V

You never felt so much anger and hurt all together in one moment.

With a sigh, you sat up on your bed and combed your hair. "Get a hold of yourself, Y/N. The guy is happy now, no need to get so upset. Support him..."

You couldn't stop yourself from crying. The thought of the man being with another was hard and painful, and no matter what you did you could not forget.

Your emotions showed just how much you loved him. You could practically still remember the first time you two had met. It was elementary school, he was the troublemaker of the class who always made the teachers laugh and students amazed at his stories. While he was doing away with his stories, you were the loner of the class who listened to his stories but could never speak up because you were afraid of talking to the other kids. That changed when he approached you one day...

 "Why are you so quiet?" You stiffened in your seat and looked up to see the eight year old Taehyung staring at you curiously. "You're the only one i haven't talked to yet."

You blushed and looked down. "I...I'm afraid."

Silence followed before you heard something land on your desk. It was a bag of potato chips.

"We won't hurt you, you know?" Taehyung gave you his signature smile. "Maybe a bruise or two during games. If you want to play, you can always ask me!"

You smiled at the sweet memory. That was the day you had your first crush, and now it became something bigger. Your smile faltered. However, you could never confess to him. At least if he was dating an idol fans would ship them as their companies could help keep it a secret, but being a non-celebrity would only bring more pain to you, and even to the Bangtan Boys. Although it wasn't like Taehyung would accept your confession if you ever had confessed to him. If anything, he would probably avoid you. You knew how he would avoid the other female friends when they confessed to him; he didn't want to have too much complications. Besides, you weren't an exception either.

Loud knocks at the door made you jump. "Who...?"

You got out of your room and to the main door, peeking through the peephole. You saw the familar round nose and gasped. "Jungkook?"

You quickly opened the door and you were right; Jungkook stood there with a bag of sweets. As usual, he wore his casual clothing with the exception of the hat and mask on his mouth. Still handsome as ever too. "What are you doing here?"

"Cheering you up," the boy replied with a smile as he held up the sweets. "I know you eat these often so I got them."

You peered out the door and looked around. Clear.

Quickly, you pulled Jungkook inside and gave him a hug. You felt him stiffen. "Hugging a guy while in a t-shirt and shorts? Are you tempting me?"

Realizing you were still in your pajamas, you let go and covered yourself jokingly. "Don't think weird."

You two laughed. Man it had been a while since you laughed. Ever since that incident.

Jungkook watched your expression change rapidly from joyful to grief. Biting his lip, he started looking around. "Taehyung-hyung hasn't been here yet?"

"No," you hoped the boy did not hear your voice crack.

"Well," he leaned forward, trying to look at you in the eyes. "You still have the x-box?"

"Y-yeah?"

"I bought some games to play."


You did not know how many hours you two played together, just that you were having fun beating the maknae and sobbing over your losses against him.

"Sixth win!" He pumped his fist up in the air in triumph. "So can I ask for a wish now?"

You sighed. "Yeah, get on with it."

Jungkook's face turned serious as he looked at you, taking every feature in. You blinked and looked away, feeling a bit uncomfortable. What did he want?

You felt the intense gaze trail over you, making you feel . Finally, he placed a hand on the couch you two were leaning against and leaned forward. "Why aren't you talking to Taehyung-hyung anymore?"

The name made you stop, and you bit your lip. How were you going to explain it to him. Oh, I'm actually in love with your hyung, and caught him with Irene on his birthday, and is going through an emotional turmoil right now? That did not sound right at all.

"Didn't he tell you?" You tried to return his gaze. "I'm busy with work."

"I called you."

"I know."

"You never answered."

"I know."

"It hurts."

You blinked as he scratched the back of his head. "You've been with us, Y/N, for a very long time. Suddenly not even contacting us, not contacting me, kinda hurts."

Oh. You forgot how sensitive Jungkook was when it came to friends. He was always shy and awkward with strangers, but once you knew him, you'd find out just how fragile he was, and how depressed he got when his hyungs ignored him.

The fact that you two called each other by first names already indicated how deep your friendship were. At least, to you that is.

"Sorry about that Kookie," You turned to lean back against the couch. "I'm just going through a very hard time right now."

"Want to talk about it?" Jungkook also leaned back against the couch, but had his face turned to you.

You laughed. "It's not that easy."

"Try me. People say my shoulders are enough to cry on."

You bit back a chuckle. "Have you ever been in love?"

The boy blinked before looking away. "No."

"Hm, well I have. Still am right now actually."

He fell silent, and you continued. "Actually, I witnessed him with another girl the other day. A very beautiful girl actually. It made me wonder, if I was as mentally strong as him, would I still be here contemplating on whether or not to give up on him?"

There was no response, then finally you heard him whisper,"I think no matter what, you need to do something. It doesn't matter if you give him up or not, just don't think. Do what you want, because in the end, you'll be the only one suffering alone, regretting that you did not do at least one single thing."

You turn to Jungkook, and almost backed away when you saw him edging closer to you. The sunlight coming from your balcony framed his body, making him glow. Beads of sweat from concentrating too hard on the games only made his skin glitter. "Y/N, I didn't know about the thing with Irene either, but know this."

He cupped your face with his large hand, and gave you a pained smile. "I didn't come here just to give you snacks and cheer you up. I came here to tell you that I'll help you."