The Beginning

Too Many Times

You loved the Bangtan Boys very much. You've been supporting them since their predebut, and you hoped to see them be happy everyday.

Of course, not everyone was happy.

Fixing your long black hair with your phone screen, you made sure your makeup didnt look too weird.

"Y/N!"

You turned to the boy who was hurriedly running towards you with a bag full of snacks.

"Is that Jeon Jungkook?" You heard the stranger next to you say.

"THE Jeon Jungkook?"

"Who's he calling?"

You quickly put on your hoodie and ran the opposite direction, hoping Jungkook would get the idea that you did not want to get involved with any type of scandals, especially not with him. THe boy was like younger a brother to you.

When you ran around the corner, you stopped and grabbed the boy before he could run past you and pulled him back. "Are you kidding me, Jungkook?" You hissed. "I would've became the world's most wanted criminal amongst your fangirls!"

"Ah sorry," he scratched the back of his head. "I just got excited...I mean, today is hyung's birthday after all."

You smiled. Today was the 4D alien's birthday, and in your hand was his favorite cake that you were planning on bringing to his party tonight.

"You got the cake?"

"Yep. You got the fireworks?"

Jungkook took out one firecracker while wiggling his eyebrows. You both snicker.

Today would be Taehyung's best party yet.


Taehyung was very hyped today. A bit too hyped.

Suga almost rolled his eyes when the guy checked his phone again. "Y/N will be coming, don't worry."

"I know," the birthday boy replied. "I'm not checking up on her."

"Well big guy!" Jimin jumped on him and locking his head around his arm. "Got any wishes?"

Taehyung grinned, his ears slowly turning red. "I have one."

"We're here!" Jungkook burst through the door while flexing his muscles. "And ready to party- where's rapmon-hyung? Jin-hyung? Jhope-hyung?"

"They're picking up the others," Suga said in an almost bored tone. You peeked frm behind Jungkook. "Hey birthday boy!"

Taehyung gasped and rushed to you and you two exchanged big high fives. "I thought you said you were coming late!"

"Well," you blushed as you smacked the cake box. "Couldn't keep my excitement too, you know?"

Taehyung smiled, and you felt the world suddenly turned bright. No, Y/N, control yourself. Do not faint over his signature square smiles. Do not break contact with his beautfiul eyes, or he'll know! Do not blush!

"So who else is coming?" You try to maintain your composure, and you could've sworn Jungkook glanced at you for a second with a raised eyebrow.

"Park Bogum, Minjae, Heechul-hyung," he went on and on before he hesitated and looked away. "Irene."

Well, that expression on his face was new.

"Hyung, I got you your snacks," Jungkook smacked the bag on Taehyung's chest. The man looked at the younger, as did the younger. Suga sighed and got up. "Let's get this party over with, I still got another song to finish."

As Suga walked out, Jimin strolled over to you and wrapped his arm around your shoulder. "So Y/N, got any presents for me too?"

You squint your eyes, pretending to be annoyed. "It's not your birthday yet."

"Well, when it is, do me a favor and wrap yourself with a red ribbon, 'cause baby, I want you as a present," he winked at your gaping face. Both Taehyung and Jungkook smacked the shorter boy's arm off you.

"That's ual harrassment hyung!"

"You have no respect from me, Park Jimin."

You laughed as the three argued over you. Some things never change.


It was time for the party. You only wore a casual hoodie and jeans because, well, it was the Bangtan Boys. Besides, you didn't feel like wearing fancy clothing like the other girls did for an occassion like this; it would look like you tried too hard.

You sat back on the chair and looked at the buildings ahead of you. The party was held on the roof of the BigHit company building, just so that there wouldn't be any fans to take pictures from the bottom.

Suga sighed and sat down on the chair next to you. "Man, it's been a while since I've been up here."

"You can't come up here?"

"Rather than can't, I'm just too lazy."

You chuckle at the answer. You and Suga were on relatively good terms, though sometimes you wished he would take breaks every now and then.

"You know Y/N," Suga took a sip from his cup. "What would you do if the person you love is actually in love with someone else?"

You stop chuckling. Suga closed his eyes. "That feeling would hurt, that would be a sure. But whether or not the person with unrequited feelings accept the fact, everything depends on the outcome the person chooses. Will they keept chasing after their target of affection? Or just let the person be happy with who they want to be with?"

You stared at his porcelain face before smiling. "If it was me, I'd probably give up. It's no use if the person you love will never love you back," you trail off, your smile disappearing. Instantly you thought of Taehyung, and the possibility of him being with someone else. Suga opened his eyes and watched you struggle internally before patting your head. "Sometimes I wish you were more honest with your feelings, Y/N."

Before you could ask him what he meant, you heard a laughter from the stairs leading up to the roof. Taehyung perked up and grinned. "Hello!"

THe first to enter was Rap Monster, whom Taehyung ignored entirely, along with Bogum. Then, she came in.

You gasp at the beauty in front of you. People often told you some celebrities look even better in real life, and you finally knew why when you saw Red Velvet Irene, flipping her hair back elegantly. Her smile was very captivating, and even you felt intimidated. Apparently you weren't the only one staring.

Taehyung bowed to the girl, and the girl also bowed back. One thing you noticed was that Taehyung had kept his eyes on her face the whole time. His ears were red.

Pretty soon afterward Jhope and Jin came and more and more flooded the roof. Everyone sang the birthday song and Taehyung blew the candles while silently wishing for the one thing he really wanted.

"Come on hyung!" Jimin pushed Jhope to the pinata. "I'll make sure you don't hit anyone!"

You laughed along with the others before you started looking for Taehyung. Where did he go?

The you saw him. He had just disappeared behind the roof doors, laughing with someone. Where was he going?

Curious and nervous, you quickly followed to the doors and then quietly walked down the stairs, following the laughters and giggles. When you reached the bottom, you peeked around the corner.

Your heart broke.

There, in front of you, was Irene sitting on Taehyung's lap and lips on his cheeks, then on his forehead, and then lastly on his lips. The boy was laughing gently at the kisses before deepening the kiss on the lips.

"Y/N?"

You jumped away from the door and turn to see who called you, but your blurry vision hid who it was. Before the person could say anything, you ran the opposite direction, anywhere but the room where you saw them in.

No, it was just a dream. You didn't see anything. It wasn't possible. Taehyung never mentioned about Irene, and none of the other did too.

"What would you do if the person you love is actually in love with someone else?"