V : Struggles from Chris

The Reality Dream

In the last chapter of Vivian's story...

Suddenly, I saw Chris walking towards me and then he pulled me into a hug.  I was shocked, but what he said after was something I wasn’t expecting...

 


Vivian’s POV

Setting: California, United States -> South Korea

I began heading to the group of other to be trainees and there, I saw Chris walking towards me.  I tried to avoid eye contact with him and tried walking straight ahead towards the group.  But then, I found myself in his arms.  I was shocked by this act in the public, especially in front of the group of trainees, my best friends, and my mom.  I began blushing and tried to wriggle out, but he was too strong.  

“Stop wriggling.  It’s no use.  Vivian, will you go out with me?” Chris said, after a while.

My mind was now jumbled and I didn’t know what to say.  He finally let me go and then smiled at me saying, “Don’t worry.  I know it was sudden, I’ll give you some time to think about it.”  I just stood there, shocked and I saw my best friends grinning.  Ahh these girls, seriously, was this all that they were talking about for the past week with Chris in secret? I guess so.  What should I do with them?

They came up to me and then right there, they knew I was planning to kill them.  So they began apologizing and acting cute.  I couldn’t stay mad at them for long so I just hugged them and said, “Fine, you guys are forgiven.  But you’re lucky I don’t hold grudges.”  They celebrated and then we said our farewells.  Finally, it was time to head off to Korea.  I waved to my mother who had witnessed this whole entire scene and smiled to her to make sure that I was okay.  She smiled back and I knew that meant that she was truly happy, but at the same time, sad.

The journey to South Korea was going to be pretty long since we first all had to meet up with all the other US trainees who had made it.  The reason was because they had wanted all the US trainees to come together as one group to Korea so that it would be easier.  The state we were all meeting up was at Texas since it was kinda the in between for all the states that were auditioned in.  So that took 3 hours, which wasn’t too bad.  I was gladly not stuck next to Chris, but he kept trying to come to me.  He ended up having to be asked to be seated by the flight attendants like so many times—to the point, where they had to tell him if he didn’t stay in his seat, they would have to kick him off the airplane.  Once we all were gathered to get onto the nonstop plane to South Korea, I was faced with a totally great surprise.  

As we got onto the plane, the manager was just checking to make sure everything was okay and I could see them nodding as they sat down, which I took as everything was set.  But then, I was relaxing and just looking out the window to watch the scenery, when I felt an arm over my shoulder.  I turned around and then there was Chris.  “OMG when did he get here? This is gonna be super awkward because it’s a long flight and I’m stuck next to him the whole time,” I thought.

“Oh, hi.  When did you get here?”

“Hello my Vivi! I requested the manager to be seated right next to you and that way I would stay in my seat, like a good boy.” Chris just smiled, like nothing had happened between us.

I just nodded my head and turned my head back to the window. Vi, calm down.  You will be okay.  Besides, he’s acting like nothing had happened.  But, I can’t.  I have to think about this.  Ahhh why does he have to make it so hard for me?  Okay, endure… calm…

Luckily, the flight seemed to end fast, surprisingly.  By the time I woke up, the plane was beginning to land in South Korea.  I lifted the window up and saw that it was night time in South Korea.  It was weird because I felt actually kind of energetic.  We got off the plane and were immediately sent to the luggage claim.  After that, we got into a bus and were apparently, heading to the dorms that we were to stay in.  I was pretty excited, but nervous so I looked outside, admiring the beautiful scenery of South Korea at night.  There were blurs of light everywhere and the city still seemed to be busy.  As we got closer to the dorms, I noticed that the neighborhood and the life became more quiet and calm.  I was so busy looking outside that when I finally sat straight, I didn’t notice that Chris had fallen asleep on my shoulder.  I kinda just let him sleep because I knew he probably was someone who went through the jet lag pretty badly.  

After some 15-20 minutes, we finally arrived at the dorms.  It looked old and rusty.  I was actually kinda scared of what might be inside it, since it looked old.  I woke Chris up and he was half asleep.  Just being the nice person I was, I helped him off the bus with one of his arms on my shoulders.  It was pretty awkward and I was somehow starting to blush, my heart thumping faster.  We finally got inside and I set him down onto a chair where he just fell back asleep again.  I stood there, looking around the dorm, accepting the environment I would be living in.  It’s not so bad in here.  It’s actually better than I thought it would be.  It’s actually bigger and cleaner on the inside. I guess that’s when the don’t judge a book by its cover saying comes in.  I wonder who I will be staying with.  The managers then began talking, “Okay, everyone, listen up, I will assign you your room and please go there, settle down and go to sleep.  You have a big day tomorrow so please rest well.” I was half listening, half observing the things around me.  I looked up the main stairs and then I saw a boy quickly look away.  He then walked away into the hallway and disappeared into his room.  He was probably was just looking at all the commotion we US trainees were making.  I feel bad for him, we probably woke him up.

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard my name. “Vivian, you will go to room G.” I nodded and then the list went on.  Once everyone got their room, we all dispersed and headed to our assigned room.

I headed up the stairs and then to the room. Surprisingly, the lights were still on and it seemed like whoever was going to be my roommate was waiting for me. I carefully went into room with my luggage, pulled behind me. As I stepped into the room, I was suddenly surprised by a loud “WELCOME!” I jumped, screamed, and then literally just curled into a little walking ball.  I just squatted there and I was then engulfed into a hug.

“I'm sorry. You okay there?” She said in a soft and friendly tone.

I looked up and then I saw a half American Asian girl with short brown hair.  It fell to her shoulders and she also had a long tiny braid that went to her hips. She was wearing some shorts with a t-shirt and gave me a big grin.

I nodded my head and just smiled back.  She then helped me get back up and then we talked for a little bit. I found out her name was Abigail, but she went by Abi. She seemed really outgoing and I liked that about her. I was glad that I had a nice roommate and it didn't seem like it would be awkward.  We soon went to sleep, thinking about the next morning

 


 We were all awoken by a loud blaring horn.  I rubbed my eyes and then carefully sat up where I noticed that Abi had already gone out.  Just then, I heard the call to gather and so I walked quickly there, despite feeling dead tired.  Everyone had gathered and I could see the managers talking for a bit and then the other manager, Manager Park, he made the announcement to the the Singaporean trainees that they were to go to their scheduled training.  

As I walked up to the crowd of US trainees, I was suddenly knocked on the ground. Ahh that hurts… I slowly recovered and then I opened my eyes.  I was on top of him, the one that I saw staring at the top of the stairs last night. OMG this is so embarrassing and awkward…

I quickly got up and stood up saying, “Oh my gosh, I’m so sorry.” I was blushing and mentally trying to calm myself down, so out of instinct, I held up my hand to offer him some help.  He gladly took and then when he was finally standing, he spoke.

“No it’s okay.  It’s my fault.  I was rushing and I wasn’t looking where I was going.  I should be careful next time.” His voice was so mellow and nice as honey.  And he looked so much more handsome… not to mention cuter up close.  Vi, what are you thinking? Stop. “Oh, I forgot to introduce myself, but, my name is Iven. You?”

He stuck his hand out and I took it and smiled, “Vivian.”

“It was nice meeting you.  But… I gotta go, can’t be late for training.” With that, he smiled and then left to his room, running.  Wow… I stood there, lost in thought, when suddenly, I felt a pair of arms around my shoulders.  I quickly turned around and I saw Chris.

“Hello Vivi~ Did my flower sleep well?”

I nodded and then shook his arms off, running away off to my room to get ready for our tour and beginning of our training.  The day passed and finally, we were done with our day of pre-training.  We had all had read the contract and then were assigned classes that we were to be trained in.

Soon enough, it was the evening and we, all the US trainees, headed back to the dorms.  At the dorms, it was still empty because most of the Singaporean trainees were still at the JYPE building, probably practicing.  I knew that would be me soon, in fact, starting tomorrow was going to be day 1 of training.  Everyone just decided to chill in their rooms and I called my mom just to let her know that I was okay and the contract.  I sat on the bed and then leaned on the wall as I heard the ringing phone, waiting for the other side to answer.  

“Hello?”

“Hi mom! It’s me, your little princess.”

“Oh hi honey! How are you?”

“I’m doing fine, mom.  But I miss you already.  I have some news to tell you.  So the good news is that where we are staying seems pretty safe so you don’t have to worry about me.  But… the bad news… we can’t call often like I said I would…”

“Oh, well that’s good that you are doing good.  We won’t be contacting each other as often… what do you mean by that,” my mom said with a hesitation and disappointing tone in her voice.

“Well…” I sighed. “We read a contract today and it said that we could have a week to contact whoever we needed and then after that, they will be confiscating our phones so we won’t be distracted while we are training.”

“Ahh okay honey.  I understand, I will try my best to last.  But from tomorrow until you get it taken away, send me a voicemail or something so I can have your voice on record to hear when I need to hear your voice again.”

“Okay, mom.  I will promise to do that for you!  I love you~! Bye” I began tearing up and put my phone down as I curled up into a ball, hugging my knees.  I cried for a good 30 minutes before getting up and headed to the bathroom where I could wash up.  

Once I finished washing up, I noticed that some of the Singaporean trainees were heading back.  So I headed back to room just to see if maybe Abi was back.  I reached the room we shared and the room seemed still dark.  I was disappointed inside because I wanted to give Abi a surprise of cheering her up after a long day of training, but she wasn’t there.  I was going to go outside to the main hall when I saw Chris suddenly walking towards me.

“Chris, what are you doing over on the girls’ side of the dorm? Don’t you remember that past 9PM, opposite genders can’t go to the other side unless it’s an emergency?”

“Yeah, but it’s an emergency. Your answer, I wanna know.” Chris said, totally confident, but yet, in a rush.

“My answer? To what?” I was confused what he was asking.  But then, it hit me.

 

Flashback

“Will you go out with me? Don’t worry, I’ll give you some time to think about it.  I’ll be waiting.”

 

Back to the present

“You remember, the question I asked before we left for Korea.” He seemed very anxious.

I nodded. “I do remember.  But, I’m still thinking about it…”

“Please, I need your answer now…” He said in a rushed, pleading tone. What is he thinking? He said he would give me time, but it’s only been like a day or two.  He’s impatient…

Suddenly, I saw him mouth something and then say, “This should help you decide on the answer faster.”

Without my permission, he pulled my arm and then our lips were connected.  I was shocked and just paralyzed at what he did… It was just so sudden, but this just made it harder to make the decision…

 


 

A/N

Hello everyone!

Did you see BTS' music video for 'Not Today'?  

It was just so perfect and I absolutely love the choreography.  BTS is just so wowwwwww!!

Also Twice released "Knock knock" too!

You should go check those 2 out, if you haven't XD

Anyway, I've been thinking about it, but I noticed that barely anyone really gives feedback about my story, except for like one or two.  So, what I might do is just post the rest of whatever I had written so far and stop writing... But, I haven't made a final decision.

I'm sorry for being such horrible author TT-TT