V : Back at Home

The Reality Dream

In the last chapter of Vivian's story...

The next thing I knew was I woke up and it was dark.  I looked around for the time and found out it was 2 AM in the morning.  I decided to stand up and walk around for a bit to make me tired again because I just couldn’t fall asleep.  As I walked around the house, somehow finding myself wander into the kitchen, I saw a pile of mail.  But there was a certain ones that caught my eye and they were all from JYPE…

 


Vivian’s POV

Setting: California, USA

I began to look through the pile of mail and sort it out, as I saw that there were in total, 3 from JYPE.  I was beginning to get worried because out of 3 of the mail, 2 of them said “Urgent!”.  I began by making my way to the drawer that held all the mail related stuff to get the mail opener.  It was still kinda a struggle because I was in bed for like a week and so my legs were kinda crapping out on me.  But, anyway, as I got the mail opener, I wanted to brace myself, just in case.  So I went over to the kitchen table and sat down with my 3 JYPE mail and the mail opener in my hands.  I began opening the first one that said “Urgent!” and then pulled it out slowly.  To my surprise, it wasn’t anything that serious, but, instead, it was just a congratulations? I then read the letter of congratulations and found out that it was telling me how they sent it in 3 parts because of safety reasons.  Also that the one that didn’t have the “Urgent” on it was the most important one.  I then opened the other “Urgent!” one and then there was some more information about JYPE.  Finally, I opened the last one, the most important one, apparently, and then BAM! There were my plane tickets and all the other important stuff.

I thought, “Wow, they were right, this one had all the important information. But, the plane tickets, it had a certain date and time. OMG, wait, what if it has already passed. Vi, calm down, that would, actually, just believe it won’t happen.”

I slowly looked through all the important stuff and then, there were the plane tickets, clear and bold.  Whew.  The date on the plane ticket was actually still a week away.  Turns out, they had delayed the flight of when all the trainees in the US would go to Korea because some of the states that they auditioned in still had to make their decisions.  Wow. Thank you God for helping me to not worry.  Basically, I was kinda worried for nothing. WHEW. REALLY. WHEW.

I finally felt tired and so I partly, hobbled back to couch and then I fell asleep.

 


It was finally morning and the sun was shining through my eye, with the sound of my mom cooking breakfast.  I woke up, surprisingly not tired.  It was a school day, but my mom had decided yesterday on the drive home from the hospital that she thought I needed a day to recover from a week at the hospital.  

“Good morning mom~!” I said while yawning.

She looked over and then grinned, saying, “Good morning my little princess, I’m guessing you slept well.”

“Mhmmm,” I nodded. “Mom, I’m gonna go upstairs and make myself look presentable, just in case.”

“Okay sweetie~” she said.

I went upstairs and into my room to go get some actual clothing instead of the hospital clothes. Then I headed into the bathroom where I washed up, took a shower,  and all that other hygienic stuff. It felt so nice to be clean, and of course, home. Life was a bit harder though, it took me some time to wear my clothes because some positions I got in to wear them, it hurt really bad. I finally was done and then I went back to my room, flopping onto the bed.

While I was on my bed, I got my phone and I checked for notifications.  Turns out, I had gotten A TON, literally. My best friends, Brookie and Victoria had decided to spam me with a bunch of school gossip. Then another few messages came at that moment. It was from….. Chris? Apparently, he had been really busy and didn't find out about my accident until today. The texts that he sent said:

- OMG, Vivi, are you okay? I heard that you were stabbed and had to go through surgery and a week at the hospital. I'm so sorry for not knowing about this earlier, I was just really caught up with all the things that I needed to learn since we were like a few weeks into school already. When are you gonna come back to school? I miss you, my little flower~ Get well soon~ Btw, is it okay if I come by to visit you after school?

I was just kinda surprised by all of this, like he really, like really, likes me.  Wait, when did I ever become his girlfriend for him to call me ‘my little flower’? Like, sure we went to a cafe and spent a day together, but it's wasn't a date and he didn't ask me out… Hooold up, and he wants to come to my house after school? I don't think I feel too comfortable yet and hoooo… This is great that someone likes me, but like he's so straightforward and I've only known him for like a few days… Hmmmmmm…

I texted him back:

- I'm okay, at least now. Yeah, I did go through all that drama, it was a headache going through it all and accepting what happened.  I should be coming back to school tomorrow morning, but, it just depends on how I feel.  

I just ignored my best friends because I'm sure they would be fine and besides, I was talking to them while I was in the hospital the whole time.  Plus, they had also visited me once, when I was at the hospital and that was 2 days before I was allowed to go home.  

I went downstairs and then I ate breakfast that was left on the table that mom had made.  As I ate my pancakes with bacon, I looked around and I didn’t see her in sight.  My eyes landed onto the clock in the kitchen and I saw it was 9 AM. Wait, wasn’t mom supposed to be at work by now? Where is mom? I got up, leaving my ¾ eaten breakfast, then went to the window to check the driveway.  Her car was still there, so I knew she was still in the house.  So I went around the house, carefully to check where she could be.  It took a while of looking around to find her.  Turns out, she was in the bathroom, getting ready for work.  I listened from outside the door for a while, and then knocked the door.

I called, “Mom?”

“Yes?” She replied and then opened the door.

“Why aren’t you supposed to be at work? It’s like 9 and you usually go to work at 7.”

“Oh, well, I’m about to go.  I asked for a morning break because I had to make sure that you were okay.  Don’t worry, they were fine and they understood.  But, the thing is, I’m going to be working later than usual because I started working late.” She went out of the bathroom and then gave me a hug, a quick peck on the cheek, and a pat on the head. “Well, I gotta get going, so I don’t have to stay too late and I can come home in time to tuck you in bed.  By the way, lunch and dinner are in the refrigerator. Bye, sweetie~.”

“Bye, mom.”

I watched as she walked out of her room and then downstairs.  I made my way to the window and watched as she got into the car, driving away to work.  I just stood there, looking outside, and just sighed.  It was quiet in our house and I didn’t really have anything to do because well, mom took care of everything, since I was hurt.  Actually, I could start to pack for my trainee life in Korea, but I felt too lazy.  So, I ended up heading into my room and just laid on my bed, staring at the ceiling, where I soon fell asleep.  

But, I was awoken to a strange sound… The sound of something crashing and horrifying…

 

 


 

A/N

Hello yoreobun~!(<-probably not the right spelling)

I know it's late, but MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE~!

It's already has been like 1 week of my winter break so that means I only have like1 more week left until school X/ I don't want to go back to all the stress AHHHH

Thank you all for 300 views! I really appreciate it <3

That's all I have for now~ Annyeong~

Feel free to leave any feedback, it will be greatly appreciated and accepted :D