II. Room of Light

Garden of Fire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Baekhyun feels like his head is going to burst. He opens his eyes and groans when the world started spinning.

 

“Hyung! Thank God you’re awake.” Jongin let out a relieved sigh as he watched his friend wake up.

 

“Wh-what happened?” Baekhyun asked, sitting up slowly as the spinning started to go away.

 

“Hell, I have no idea.” Jongin started explaining. “ You suddenly went into panic attack after looking at the photograph. You absolutely scared the out of me when you started sobbing and calling out for a certain ‘Yeol’. I was this close on calling up an exorcist and-”

 

“Hold up. That really happened? I thought it was only a horrible dream.” Baekhyun paled, goosebumps starting to decorate his arms.

 

The younger stared at him with a concerned expression.

 

“Jongin.” Baekhyun tried to speak calmly but his voice was trembling. “Tell me you’re only joking. That it’s just a payback for making fun of your work, right? I swear I won’t get angry!”

 

“H-hyung-” The younger gulped, not liking his hyung’s frightened and desperate expression. “I- I’m- it’s- PSYCH! HAHAHA! Got you hyung!”

 

Jongin tried to maintain his fake laughing and was able to breath once he saw the relief on Baekhyun’s face.

 

“YAH! KIM JONGIN!” Baekhyun jokingly scolded the younger. “ You really got me there! But wow man, your acting was topnotch!”

 

The younger just grinned.

 

“And I thought I was this close in believing what you just said.” Baekhyun scrunched up his nose in disapproval. “I’m hungry. Wanna go grab some lunch?”

 

“O-okay, hyung.” Jongin agreed, relieved that the blonde did not ask why he out a while ago. He’s a terrible liar. God knows he won’t be able to put up on the lie the second time.

 

                                                                         ```````

 

Byun Baekhyun’s life revolved around facts and realities. His parents worked in professions where facts were their only basis. His father was a doctor and his mother was a lawyer. Instead of fairy-tales, they read him how things were invented, or why this certain dude gets to be in jail for jaywalking. Growing up, it did not bother him if kids his age sneered at him for being so weird.

 

He used to be an outcast in high school for making the most popular girl in school cry…just because he called her stupid for believing on love spells. It never bothered him though.

 

It was during college when he promised himself that he won’t make anyone cry anymore because of his frank words and skepticism. It started when he made a freshman Jongin cry for laughing at his wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter