I. Garden of Fire

Garden of Fire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Garden of Fire. For two-hundred years, the vast property located at a remote town outside of Seoul has been abandoned. In the middle of the property, the  breathtakingly beautiful Park Manor which housed extravagant parties during it's time is now covered in grime; the walls full of poison ivy. The magnificence, that has once been the center of awe and envy, vanished along with the death of the last descendant of the Park bloodline.  The townspeople never speak of the tragedy that happened hundreds of years ago. The gates of the property was securely locked that no one is allowed inside. It is a silent agreement between all the people living in the quaint town.

 

However, the dark and eerie mystery of the place has drawn many people from around South Korea. Some of them claiming that they saw a young man standing by the same window when the clock strikes six in the evening. Others believed it but others say it's only a hoax.

 

Jongin looked at his friend's reaction after reading the article he made regarding the Garden of Fire, a famous tourist spot for those who are into tragic and darkly romantic stuff.

 

“So I presume you are one of those 'believers'. Am I right, Jongin?” Baekhyun asked his tanned friend.

 

“And you are one of those who say it's a hoax.” Jongin deadpanned. He knows how skeptic his friend is, but right now it is hella annoying. He wants, no, he needs his friend to accompany him to the small town so he has to give it a shot.

 

“Bingo.” the small blonde smirked. “That introduction is really good though. I believe it will draw in a lot of readers. Fictionally obsessed readers, actually.”

 

“Hyungggg~” Jongin pouted but  clearly unamused. He really hates it when Baekhyun makes fun on his works regarding anything supernatural.

 

“What?” Baekhyun held his hands up in mock surrender. “You might even add something like the young Park went into depression after his lover died of sickness or...oohhh, a murder. It makes it more dramatic. Then he dies but his spirit is still waiting for his lover. Voila!”

 

“Hyung.” The younger called out in a very serious tone. Baekhyun studied the younger's face. There was only seriousness.

 

“Wait- Don't tell me...” The blonde covered his mouth in amazement. “That really happened?”

 

Jongin nodded.

 

“Oh my...” Baekhyun pursed his lips trying to prevent the laughter bubbling up his throat.

 

“Jesus!” Jongin cried out. “Hyung, it is so not funny! This is serious!”

 

Baekhyun only laughed harder because, come on, a dead depressed rich kid still haunting that mansion waiting for someone who like him is already dead. What. He has heard a lot of stories but not this good.

 

Jongin only sat there waiting for his idiotic friend to stop laughing, which he did, thank God, after a couple of minutes.

 

“You really got me there, young Kim.” Baekhyun snickered, wiping his tears with his fingers.

 

“Are you done laughing now, hyung?” Jongin asked, clearly annoyed.

 

“What, you got more for me?” The older raised his brows.

 

“Let me explain everything first. Then you can decide whether it's true or a big joke.” Jongin pulled out a large envelope from his bag and laid out all the documents and photos on the coffee table.

 

“Wow. You really went all out-”

 

“Would you listen first, hyung? Please?!” The younger cried out in desperation shutting up the skeptic blonde.

 

“Geez. Okay, Mr. Nancy Drew. Shoot.” Baekhyun replied earning an annoyed glare from the younger.

 

Jongin proceeded to explain everything to the elder, from the photocopied journal pages of the said young Park, who surprisingly has a nice name, Chanyeol Park; to the blurry pictures of a figure of the “ghost” captured by a young tourist who went there just recently. All of these “evidences” are interesting but not enough to make him believe in the supernatural occurrence, and accompany his tanned friend on his ghost hunting escapade.

 

“Okay. First thing's first. All these...” Baekhyun motioned towards the documents.” These are great and maybe interesting but I still don't think it's worth my time. I'm a fact finder, Jongin. I deal with facts and reality.”

 

“Hep.” Jongin raised his finger. “ I know you would go I'm a fact finder mode on me, but I still have one more thing to show you.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter